January 2017 Moms

The Nursery Thread

Re: The Nursery Thread

• I'm thinking like a secret garden theme.  Was going to do forest animals, but all of the decorations in that theme are a little too boyish and I'm a having a girl....but I don't have much money for decorations and I'm going to be moving not too long after she's born
  • @PrettyGuardianoftheGalaxy we are moving when our lease is up in April so are in the same boat.  I'm planning on pink and grey for the nursery now with pictures and sheets and changing over tables than doing a full nursery when we move.  Plus by April she will be 4 months and will have more of a personality to help guide me for her nursery theme.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Loading the player...
  • @AlicjaB we totally considered a doctor who themed room found this sweet cookie jar and I really wanted to use it in the room somehow, but once we found out we are having a girl, my husband didn't want doctor who anymore
  • Does anyone have a brand of crib sheets they love that are on Amazon?
    i don't want to over spend but I don't wanna get something that's really rough/not comfy. 
    DD1 (2008) DD2 (2010), #3 (DH's first bio kid) on the way in January 2017!
    Almost always mobile bumping--forgive my typos. :)
  • @BriannaE129129 I LOVE Hobby Lobby. We were fortunate to have one come to town a year or two ago. We have them in some neighboring cities so I knew how lucky we were. Now that you mention it, it makes me think I need a trip to see what kind of goodies I can find for the nursery because I'm striking out at some of my normal stops.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh man, I didn't realize Hobby Lobby's weren't everywhere!  Yay for them coming to a town near you :smiley:
  • @PrettyGuardianoftheGalaxy we are moving when our lease is up in April so are in the same boat.  I'm planning on pink and grey for the nursery now with pictures and sheets and changing over tables than doing a full nursery when we move.  Plus by April she will be 4 months and will have more of a personality to help guide me for her nursery theme
    Yeah,  I'm struggling to even stay in the same color theme right now! But I like decorating and I want it to be all set up by the time she gets here. We'll see about that ha ha ha

By the way I was trying to reply to your comment and I might have accidently hit 'report'!!! Sorry!
  • @christac1010 very nice! We have our walls almost exactly the same, except we have white above the trim, not light grey. I'm actually preferring yours!

I just ordered the crib and dresser (and sheets and window treatments and rug and mattress) off amazon last night. It isn't much, just the bare beginning essentials, can't believe how much it came out to! Either way, feels like it's getting real. I'm so excited! Crib and dresser coming in tomorrow, just in time for the weekend!

BTW, how many times am I gunna be dusting this room once its all done? LOL
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • H and I hung the pictures and mirror today. We have to wait until DS is here to hang his name since we aren't telling our families yet. We also have a Star Wars quote on the way to satisfy DH. Lol 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Are mobiles necessary for the nursery?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kelseyh62 we never had one for DS and probably won't for this one either. Just never found one we liked
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @kelseyh62 no not a necessity. I made one for DD that I love. It's just something for baby to look at when falling asleep but mostly its
    just for decoration. 
  • We had a mobile for DD but she didn't really bother with it until she was older and could pull on it and then you have to take them out anyway. She really liked the crib aquarium we had for her with the bubbles and lights, it had a remote control so I could turn it on without going in and later on she could turn it on herself with the big button on the front. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Finally getting some stuff done in our nursery today. Baseboards are going on right now, hung up some blinds, plug covers on and ceiling fan attached! So excited to be able to finally get in there and set some stuff up. I can't picture how I want it so I really need to get working! Only 14 weeks left until baby's expected arrival! 
  • @caitie81490 Here's the thread mentioned in your post. As you can see, most people are just getting the painting done. I think you are right on time and really it's up to you and your husband when it works. Once it's painted it won't take long to get the rest of it ready.

Pregnancy Ticker

• DD has a space themed room and DS will be sharing for the foreseeable future, so Space it is! Hubby is way into following the SpaceX launches and all things science so we went for accurate. Personally, I REALLY want to throw in the TARDIS and Serenity, maybe the Enterprise :) but he doesn't want me to!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Caitie81490 i was stressing SO much about painting the nursery and had a bunch of friends over this weekend and we knocked it all out in a couple of days. all of my stress magically disappeared (if only it were always that easy). Based on anatomy scan, I'm due Dec. 26 and don't plan to put furniture in the room until Nov. 1. I figure when i'm huge and can't do much else, I'll spend all of that time sorting through clothes and organizing cause I'll want to nest. Don't let them stress you out--if they really care, tell them to pay a painter for you!!
  • mudderbearmudderbear member
    edited September 2016
    How do you moms feel about crib under the window? It's a double paned window with blinds and curtains so I'm not overly concerned about drafts. Plus it's a north facing side of the house so no direct sun. Downside is it's off the alley right beside our dumpster which can get sort of loud on Mondays when garbage is collected. Other than that i don't see anything wrong with it...but then again I'm super chill about everything. Just wondering if there is maybe some taboo against it? It's really the only way the room works with how effing massive this crib is
  • @mudderbear it'd make me anxious personally, but if that's where it fits and you're comfortable with it that's what matters. You're the mama so it's up to you! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • @LeahNicole I LOVE THAT!!!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• @zdmd_14 re: crib sheets on Amazon. I found Magnolia Organics Fitted Sheets -- haven't ordered them yet, but I read good reviews on them on a couple of different blogs. 
  • @mudderbear where did you find that frame? I've been looking for some things to add some pops of color to the nursery and if I could find some frames that are as neat as that I could just spray them the colors I want and leave that as the artwork without needing prints.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Carly79 check Michael's! I've seen some similar there
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Thanks @AshleySparkle720 That and Hobby Lobby are on my agenda for this weekend to get some ideas and start some projects.

Pregnancy Ticker

• About to buy this for less than $5 @ Target. Seems like they have a good amount on clearance!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gapeachrn I am in love with your nursery colors and the barn door, so adorable!! It makes me even more antsy to be able to start!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Carly79 it was definitely from michaels...I think like $4.99? 
  • gapeachrn said:

Two month man caved turned nursery is finally done! The bottom right is the man cave without the ugly carpet. Now we have a closet, fresh paint and new carpet. Can't wait to put the crib and dresser together now!
    Is that a custom closet? I NEED that in my each of my kids rooms!!! And the door too! Exactly something I was trying to picture, but couldn't get my hands on it. Love it.
  • Guys!!! Our nursery is still a very unorganized office and catch all room. Can't wait until we start getting it cleaned out. Everyone's spaces look great!
  • @gapeachrn I love it!  I particularly love the dutch door.  What a good idea for a nursery!

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @BumpingUpto3 The closet and door were done by my dad. Pretty lucky to have such a great handyman!
  • all these beautiful pictures make me wish we were working on the nursery/bedroom lol. I'm not stressed about it since baby will be in our room for the first 4-6months but I'm loving all these pictures! 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014