April 2017 Moms

Baby Names

Re: Baby Names

• We like Chloe Renee for a girl. Renee is one of my favorite aunt's names. She helped my mom (her sister) raise my sister and I. 
    For a boy we're set on Gabriel Luther. DH loved the name Gabriel and Luther was my dad's middle name (he passed away when I was 10). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • For my son and daughter, the first name is a name we like and the middle is a family name. So I'm thinking Ryan Sal (for my grandfather)  or Carson Dorothy (for my grandmother). Now to get DH on board.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• momtoleomomtoleo member
    edited August 2016
    @clickclackmoo Love Margot. You could always use the French spelling of Margaux. I have a friend who spells her name that way. 

For a girl, it will be Virginia Elizabeth (Virginia after my mom and my DH's aunt and Elizabeth after my DH's younger sister who passed). For a boy, I'm actually not going to say because it's a super traditional family name that I've never heard as a first name besides my husband, his father and grandfather. I'll say it, you'll google it and bam, we're the only ones who show up. But, our boy will be the IV and I need to think up a nickname. Let's just say I have control over our second boy's name if it comes to that and his will be Sebastian Peter. 

Edit: can't type today
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • Thanks @momtoleo! Figuring out the spelling is an issue because my husband's last name is ridiculous. I don't want the poor kid to have to spell both first and last names!

I love Sebastian! Can't get my husband on board. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @clickclackmoo Totally understand, my maiden name is Polish and my parents wanted to name me Annika, but spelled the Dutch way of Anike. I'd go through life spelling my entire name.

My DH is surprisingly on board with Sebastian. He thinks Bastian would be an awesome nickname and okay'd it immediately. Also, apparently there is some surfer with that name, so all is good. 
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • @momtoleo I love the French spelling of Margeaux!
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @momtoleo Long story shortened for you, I was married previously and one day we were taking about baby names. I LOVED Margot, but he said no. So, I ended up getting a yorkie terrier and naming her Margot since I thought he would never allow it. We got divorced, andAfter some time passed I remarried. DH LOVES the name Margot, and now I'm kicking myself for using it on my dog! Lol such a fantastic name!
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @ebloom3 oh I love love love Mae Frances.  Mae is such a beautiful name and so classic but underused. IMO it is 100x better than Harper, which I think is beautiful but is going to be a very 2010's name (like all those 80's Jennifers and heathers).  

As as another high school teacher I FEEL YOUR PAIN 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I also feel the teacher pain. I used to LOVE the name Jonah, but every Jonah I've met has been a holy terror! Lol
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • DH just suggested Greyson Phillip for a boy... or should it be Grayson??? I'm kind of digging it, what do you ladies think?

@momtoleo I really like Sebastian!

@clt2pwm11 Della is really pretty!
  • @allybadry I like Greyson/Grayson. Cute!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @KirstinH88 Benjamin is family name on my side. Originally DS was going to be Dante Benjamin after his grandfathers, but both did no like the idea. 

I know a lot of Latinos who use Christian or Sebastian or Marcel. Not a huge fan of those, though. :/
    DS born 9/13/2012
    BFP#5: 8/21/2016
  • KirstinH88KirstinH88 member
    edited August 2016
    @ArchyFlores I'll throw all DS names out there, because I don't mind if internet strangers "steal" them. Edgar, Adrian, Max(imiliano)
  • @allybadry Well, you know I'm on board for Greyson. That's my top boy name right now lol 
  • hey im 6 weeks so quite new to the pregnancy world haha this is my first and if its a girl we are naming her olivia-grace kathleen and if its a boy its a toss up of oliver james and liam james :smiley:
  • @ebloom3, I hate the teacher issue. It was an issue the first time around and expect it to be this time as well.

Our son has an Irish name, so DH said that he thinks this baby should have an Irish name too, but that's about as far as we have gotten. If it's a girl I think we are in trouble. We had no names picked for a girl lady time, but had a short list of boys names that we could probably re-visit.
  • jessytate said:
    hey im 6 weeks so quite new to the pregnancy world haha this is my first and if its a girl we are naming her olivia-grace kathleen and if its a boy its a toss up of oliver james and liam james :smiley:
    We are thinking of Olivia Kathleen too!  We love the name Olivia and Kathleen is the name of both of the grandmothers.  
  • I loved Anne too for the exact reason! We named our first Anneliese.
  • Olive Lucille is the only one we can somewhat  agree on.
  • I love this!  We aren't telling anyone our name choices, well, at least that's the plan, especially since we are finding out what we are having, we want SOMETHING to be a surprise when they babies arrive.  We both like Emily Rose (my mom's name is Rosemary) and Nathan Alan (her dad's name is Alan) but we don't have anything else picked out right now, so if it's 2 boys or 2 girls we have to keep thinking.
    ****Trigger mentioned****
    Us:  37, 38, unexplained IF
    TTC for the second time
    Married 10/21/12 to my wonderful wife
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science
    since 2/2014

7 IUIs, 1 cancelled due to too many follicles, 6 BFNs.
    IVF #1 & 2 Failed
    IVF #3 20 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 6 made it to day 5
                 2 blasts transferred 7/17
    Beta #1 7/26 ***BFP*** 144
    Beta #2 7/28 271
    Beta #3 8/4 1972
    8/15 - Officially pregnant with TWINS
    9/1 - Baby B no longer has a heartbeat, Baby A is holding on!
    9/29 - MMC
    Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 15
    Next cycle will be FET without PGS testing. 
    3/27 - FET transferred 2 "excellent" blasts 
    Beta #1 4/5 ***BFP*** 107 (9dp5dt)
    Beta #2 4/7  244  (11dp5dt)
    Beta #3 4/14  2038   (18dp5dt)
    4/25 - Confirmed pregnancy. Baby measured 1 day behind, FHR 132
    5/9 - 2nd U/S - Baby measured one day ahead, FHR 178
    12/21 - Baby Boy born
    12/10 - FET transfered 1 3BB blast
    Beta #1 12/19 - 88
    Beta #2 12/21 - 230
    Beta #3 12/18 - 3066
  • I love so many of the listed names!  For a girl we have loved the name Henley. I know it's a shirt. Haha I still love it though.  It would be Henley Aren. My MIL had twin boys who passed away early on,  and one was Aren. We have also been tossing around the name Zara, DH found it and LOVES it.  Maybe Eloise for a middle name.  Sawyer for a boy.  Possibly my DHs MN Lee. I've also been latching onto the names Lucas and Jude.
  • I won't lie, having a child at daycare really limits options because a lot of names I love that have been previously named on this thread are being used by our friends (Finn, Cooper, Jack)! 

For a boy, we're pretty set on William David, but Matthew David is a close second.  For a girl, we go between Morgan, Paige, Avery, and Ansley. Maybe Catherine. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Our daughter's name is Quinley... And we decided upon that name when she was 35 hours old....

girl, we are liking the name Nevada. Middle name will be based on the women in DHs family, but will likely be Julienne or Lucille (or Lucy). 

For or a boy I REALLY want spencer, but I think DH has vetoed it. We suck at agreeing on boy names! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @SDSwenson
    I loooove Zara but DH vetoed it - because of the clothing store.    It is such a great name!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @LittleChick2 our little girls name is Lillian and I obviously LOVE it ;) good choice :D 
    if our next one is a girl we're naming her primrose :) 
  • I love seeing all the names! Right now the big contenders if it's a girl are Penelope, Eleanor, and Emilia--with Penelope has the main favorite with both Dh and I. Middle names in my family have to be family names, so we were thinking Eleanor Michelle (Michelle for my mom), and my mom likes Emilia Hannah (one of my sisters)--but I'm not completely sold on that as a middle name. We wanted Norah Michelle for a long time, but we know a Nora at work and she's such a monster that she has pretty much ruined the name for us. For boy names we have a really hard time. Right now we only like Oliver and Eli. The problem is that Dh's last name is just so weird nothing goes with it lol. Even he was like, our kids are screwed haha. 

Also, didn't realize we liked a lot of E names until I typed them out....interesting. 

BabyFruit Ticker

DS--N14
    Baby #2 EDD--4/16/17
  • @ashleym112 Eleanor was our girl name for our first(we were team green), but after we had a boy my H confessed he hated it, lol. I'm a sucker for "classic" names tho!
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kcassetWe have the same problem. Always thought I'd name a little boy Henry, but now there are two at daycare alone, and I about four others in our circle from classes, siblings etc. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Super struggling with names! For girls I love super classic names but they're so trendy right now. Our favourite girl names are basically the top 10 list so I'm struggling with whether to just get over it and deal with a popular name or choose something I like less just because the ones we love are popular. Which seems pretty stupid. Leaning very heavily towards Ava, though. H loves Ava Grace. I love Ava Mae. 

If we have a boy, we're screwed. We can't agree on ANYTHING. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mamabear2015, you totally have the same name as us!!!! Ava Grace or Ava Mae. Except with DS's name being Adam, we aren't sure if it sounds too cheesy (like Adam and Eve, but Adam and Ava). 
  • Really wanted to name a girl Arya, but my brother has a niece named Arianna. Imo, it's way too similar, but hubby disagrees. Any thoughts? 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I think if you spelled it Aria, then it would too similar, but I think since you are spelling it with a Y then it's better. Also, do they nickname your niece by calling her Ari? Cuz then I think it would too similar? Otherwise no. I personally love the name. One of my close friend just named her daughter Aria.
  • @samdags  Even if your brother's niece's name was Arya, I still don't think it would be off limits.  Personally, I think no names are "taken."  We have a lot of repeat names in my family and it has never been an issue :)  it's actually pretty fun.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @JenniRayno that's so neat, will have to look into it!