August 2016 Moms
Options

Appointment Thread

1234568»

Re: Appointment Thread

• Options
    I'm pretty sure I'll be the last one standing.  I haven't even hit 39 weeks yet.  I also have had no Braxton hicks or progress.  Baby girl also has not dropped in the least bit.  I thought for sure I would have had something by now, since this is my second, but nope.....nothing.  
  • Options
    I'm hoping for some progress tomorrow. I wish I could try pineapple. Love it but a few months ago I ate some and my face and neck broke out in a red rash. I'm tempted to put jalapeños on everything I eat lol. I hope you guys get some progress soon! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @midwestbaby I'm going to try sex again tonight... also it is a full moon tonight
  • Options
    Katm89 said:
    @midwestbaby I'm going to try sex again tonight... also it is a full moon tonight
    I told DH he better be ready to step up our game.  Apparently 3 times last week was not enough!
  • Options
    @texasmama2014 I tried 3 times last week, Evening primrose oil... and even forcing myself to orgasm 3 times as well to try and start contractions.. this week all I've done is walk and dance... couldn't convince myself to work as hard as last week

Although I did eat spicy food
  • Options
    I completely missed my appt today.  I had it in my mind that I was supposed to leave at 12:40 when I was actually supposed to pick up dh, 30 mins away, at that time.  They can get me in tomorrow but not with the Dr I've been seeing.  I definitely had a breakdown over it and all dh could think of was being charged for the appt.  
  • Options
    I have an appointment today at 40+6, an NST and to see the dr. Can someone fill me in on what an NST entails? Do they just track HR and such or do they also do an US?
  • Options
    @Lydiadiane I only had one and it was the last day of my pregnancy last pregnancy, but they just hooked me up to monitors and tracked baby's heart rate/contractions for what seemed like an hour but I think was like 30 min.  I also did an ultrasound that day which revealed low fluid levels.  Since you're almost 41 weeks I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to make sure there was enough fluid.
  • Options
    @Lydiadiane For some reason I don't have one scheduled this time around even though I am overdue (different OB I guess) but I had one with DS1. You basically just sit in a chair with a monitor on your belly and you have to click a button every time you feel your baby move. It takes 20-30 min. though they may have you sit longer if baby doesn't cooperate well. Quick and painless. Mine didn't include an US but that may differ from doc to doc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mbelcourt89mbelcourt89 member
    edited August 2016
    Had my appointment today 38 weeks+5days. And I'm 1 cm dialated. I was so happy, I think I shocked the doctor lol. With DS1 on my due date I was no where near being ready to deliver. So I know it's just 1 cm but it's a start. I'm hoping I go into labor before my next appointment (next Friday), if not I have to do a NST. 
  • Options
    Today we set an eviction date of Sept 1, if I don't go on my own and can't be induced.  We were stuck making a decision because 41 weeks puts me in the middle of a holiday weekend and my brother's wedding.  It was either schedule a rcs a few days before 41 weeks or chance missing my brother's wedding.  I decided against a cervical check since I figured I would be disappointed anyway.  We're really hoping this baby decides to come on her own.  
  • Options
    Went to L&D today. I've been having a lot of fluid coming out since midnight last night and some of it even soaked through my clothes. Didn't have a smell. My doctor told me to go in and get checked so I did. The nurse said it looked like amniotic fluid but the test came back negative. So who knows what it was. I admit I'm disappointed but oh well. They also hooked me up to the monitors and I was having tons of contractions that I wasn't feeling, so just Braxton hicks. I was told I have pretty much a 0 percent chance of going into labor on my own before my induction on Tuesday and not to come in again unless I'm having really painful contractions that are five minutes apart for a least two to three hours. Tuesday can't get here soon enough!
  • Options
    Finally have an end in sight. Set my induction for Wednesday. Hopefully I don't make it! I'd love to go naturally. I'm about 3 centimeters so I'm not sure what the hold up is. My body needs to kick it up a notch.
  • Options
    I had an appointment tonight and I am 1/2 finger tip dilated. She then did a membrane sweep which I didn't know she was going to do but am kind of thankful so I wasn't worried about it before hand. I have been really cramping though since I left the doctor about 3 hours ago. 

I also had the stress test done, I don't know the name of it, where you sit and they monitor the baby's heart rate for 30 minutes. Everything was good, just killed me to sit there after the membrane sweep. 

The doctor told me that I can pick any day I want to come in to be induced after my due date. I guess that's how they do that here. I told her I would like to wait a week from today and see her one more time. Then we can talk about a date. It really freaked me out that I could choose any date and time I want to have this baby! 
  • Options
    Had my 39 week apt today, zero progress, no dilation. So over being pregnant at this point