August 2016 Moms

Appointment Thread

We should mostly be at the point where we're going to the doctor every week or so... 

So how was it? Any progress? 

Re: Appointment Thread

• Loading the player...
  • Mine wasn't awesome. I had a growth scan due to my bump measuring 3 weeks behind. Little guy is ok, but his abdominal circumference is only in the 5th percentile. His arms and legs are in the 90th percentile so they're still estimating his weight at about 6 lbs. They also couldn't get an accurate head measurement because he's breech. So I have an NST and repeat growth scan next week. If his abdomen hasn't caught up I will get a c-section that night or the next morning. If everything looks good but he's still breech, they will schedule my c-section for 39 weeks (2 weeks from today).

I'm pretty freaked by all of this. The idea of a c-section terrifies me. I had a panic attack in the doctor's office even thinking about it :/
    Married 6/20/2015
    Mirena removed 7/6/2015
    TTC#1 July 2015
    BFP 12/4/2015
    Sam born 8/4/2016

• @lalalorelai Oh no, I hope everything's ok and you hear some good news at your next appointment!

Had my 36 week appointment on Tuesday and was really hoping they would do a cervical check but all they did was the GBS test...still waiting for the results from that. Next appointment is next Wednesday and I'm going to ask them to check then since I've been having lots of cramping, pressure, and even a few contractions so I hope they agree to check. Also at my appointment she confirmed that he is still head down which I was super relieved and happy to hear because a few weeks ago he flipped and there's been a hard lump at the top of my stomach that I wasn't sure if it was his head or butt, thankfully it's his little bottom. 
  • @lalalorelai Thoughts and prayers for you and little boy!

I went to the doc today 35 weeks 4 days.  Had my strep B test and a cervical check.  My weight was stable from last time which was a huge gain so my doctor was happy about that! Cervix is high and hard, so no shocks there. 
  • Went to the doctor yesterday at 37 weeks exactly.  Baby is head down, still measuring huge (guess is about 8.5 lbs), but no dilation and head still fairly high.  I am disappointed at the lack of progress for being so dang uncomfortable, but, C-section is scheduled for 2 weeks from today, so perhaps I need to just embrace that baby will come on 8/4. 

And, I keep getting more swollen every week, with ridiculous weight gain, but blood pressure is fine and no protein in urine, so this is apparently just more of how my body does pregnancy. Yuck.

• Appointment Monday measured my cervix at 3.5 despite having back contractions.  My cerclage is obviously still holding.  I had some excessive swelling and high BP that my OB is not concerned with.  It has improved since then.  They are saying there is a discrepancy with dates and size of the baby.  He is about 6 1/2 pounds at 35 weeks.  I am not sure if that is really big or not, but that's the last of my concerns.  I am more concerned about his lungs and other organs being developed.  If he is big, great!  How about those lungs?  Cerclage comes out one week from today.  Based on all the contractions and pressure I am having my gut is telling me he will be here sooner than later.  Next appointment is Thursday.
  • Had my 38 week appt today. Last week I was dilated to 3. Today I'm at a 4! She also said when she checked me she was trying to get things moving in there. Whatever that means. I also have a yeast infection. Which explains the swelling I've had the last week, and some of what I assumed was my mucus  plug was probably discharge related to the infection, but who knows. Probably both. Hopefully I go into labor soon, but I'm scared already being at a 4 that there won't be much time once labor starts
  • I had my 36 week appointment this week, which was uneventful since they did GBS and cervical check at 35 weeks. They did let me know my GBS was negative. I'm really glad because the plan is not to have an IV at all. The doc is sending me for another growth scan next week since baby was 20th percentile at the last scan and my fluid was a little low. He said it's all good as long as baby doesn't drop into like 5% or anything drastic. Hopefully she's just little like her momma.
  • Had my 38 week appt today. Last week I was dilated to 3. Today I'm at a 4! She also said when she checked me she was trying to get things moving in there. Whatever that means. I also have a yeast infection. Which explains the swelling I've had the last week, and some of what I assumed was my mucus  plug was probably discharge related to the infection, but who knows. Probably both. Hopefully I go into labor soon, but I'm scared already being at a 4 that there won't be much time once labor starts
    At this point I would say just go to the hospital next time you're having legit contractions and let them admit you. With DD I was dilated to a 4 and they just kept me - my contractions were early on and labor had JUST started. Unless your hospital sends people home at 4cm dilated I'd say as long as you're having some serious contractions they could just keep you and help push things along.

• Had my 36 week appointment today. I asked for the 3rd time about getting the Tdap shot(I've been asking since 28 weeks maybe and no one has put the order in) and since I am 36w 1d they couldn't give me the dang thing!! I am so frustrated with that! Also the diabetes center called and reported that I haven't been emailed my numbers in every week(which I have been). They haven't called me at all. I'm literally 20 days out from having this baby, please get your crap together. 

Other than that all is well, I'm measuring 38 weeks, the NST was fine and my blood pressure is still hanging out where it should be. 
  • @Lynnlove28 - my OBs office doesn't do the tdap but I walked into my local chain pharmacy and they gave it to me no problem. Do you have an option like that near you?
  • I had my 35 week appointment yesterday. We had to do an ultrasound to see how baby was positioned and make sure everything was growing good. Unlucky me, we caught the baby during one of his sleeping segments and the tech had to poke, poke, poke at my belly until he moved the way she wanted him too. It hurt so bad!!! The only thing that made me leave with a smile was seeing his face and realizing he sleeps just like his father! (Mouth open and a hand covering the side of his face) 
    My doctor said the he is a little on the low side ( 5 pounds 5 oz) so hopefully he can gain a little more in my last 4 weeks, he's also very low...like it could be any day but I'm not dilated at all. So we went over signs of labor and I go back next week. 
  • @Curls919 I'll have to check into one! They said they won't do it past 36 weeks so I'll have to see what the other policies are. 
  • @jacmkelley that's what I was thinking too. Once I am having them regularly, even if they are 15 or more minutes apart, I will be heading in. At worst they give me an iv of saline and send me home, but at a 4 maybe not. Especially with a history of 3 hour labors. If this one goes faster I'll be lucky to get to the hospital. Being summer and home with my kids, I need to wait for dh to pick me up and for my mil to get here to watch the kids. They are both about 15 minutes away, but there's 30 minutes wasted of phone calls and waiting for people! I was really hoping she would just admit me now, but at 38 weeks they won't 
  • Had my 36 week appointment today. I asked for the 3rd time about getting the Tdap shot(I've been asking since 28 weeks maybe and no one has put the order in) and since I am 36w 1d they couldn't give me the dang thing!! I am so frustrated with that! Also the diabetes center called and reported that I haven't been emailed my numbers in every week(which I have been). They haven't called me at all. I'm literally 20 days out from having this baby, please get your crap together. 

Other than that all is well, I'm measuring 38 weeks, the NST was fine and my blood pressure is still hanging out where it should be. 
    Oh hell no to TDAP, that would piss me off.
  • Had my 35 week appointment yesterday. Got my results from group b strep, negative. Yay!
    We did it early because DD was born at 35w. I had to have the meds with DD because I didn't have the test yet. It wasn't fun to be strapped to the bed when I had back labor and wanted to move around. 

Ultrasound BPP, 8/8 with elevated AFI levels (19 last week, not sure what it was this week). I was put on glyburide for GD so today's the first day monitoring with medication. It took awhile for the techs (one training and one reg tech) to do the u/s and I was starting to get worried at what they were looking for as they hovered over the baby's heart/chest area. Turns out they were just waiting for movement. Ugh, the anxiety!

I wasn't dilated at 34,5d so we didn't do an internal this week and we'll do one next Wednesday. 

Love reading about everyone's appts!
  • @jacmkelley that's what I was thinking too. Once I am having them regularly, even if they are 15 or more minutes apart, I will be heading in. At worst they give me an iv of saline and send me home, but at a 4 maybe not. Especially with a history of 3 hour labors. If this one goes faster I'll be lucky to get to the hospital. Being summer and home with my kids, I need to wait for dh to pick me up and for my mil to get here to watch the kids. They are both about 15 minutes away, but there's 30 minutes wasted of phone calls and waiting for people! I was really hoping she would just admit me now, but at 38 weeks they won't 
    Yeah, my hospital admitted me at a 4. If I were you I'd just go and tell them you've had quick labors in the past and can they just keep you. Never hurts to try!
  • 36 weeks appointment today. Had my GSB test and cervical check. Cervix is still pretty high so she didn't even attempt to reach it. She did comment, twice, how low LO's head is. BP was high so the doctor mentioned if it stays high, we may be welcoming her at 38 weeks instead of the 39 weeks were scheduled for.
  • cm716cm716 member
    36 week appt over here too. I'm dilated to a 2 ( which means absolutely nothing). She did say baby wasn't super high which she was pleased about. I've been having painful- ish contractions at night. She also gave me the option to induce at 39 weeks. So, I'm wringing my hands and changing my mind about that every five minutes.

• @jacmkelley I was at a 4 when I got to the hospital in labor withy son, with regular contractions about 7 to 10 minutes apart. My water broke 30 minutes later and he was born and hour and a half after that! I have been having some contractions since my appt, but still not close enough. I don't know if they'll admit me now with irregular contractions so far apart. But if I start to worry I'm just going to go. I already warned dh we might have a false alarm or two with this baby since i don't plan on waiting until I'm sure it's real labor
  • Now that I'm thinking about my appt today, I'm wondering if my nurse did a sweep. When she checked me and told me I was at a 4, she didn't stop right away and said she was trying to help get things moving in there. Would I notice if she did one? None of it was painful, but baby is really low. Would they do a sweep without saying that's what they did? I'm not sure what else she would be doing in there to help things along though! 
  • @Stephanie7693 if she said she was trying to get things moving, I would assume she did a sweep. I know that when I have had them done they hurt though. I also am not a fan of pain so maybe I am just a sissy lol. 
  • @jamiesc58 this was my least painful check yet. I wouldn't even say it hurt, just uncomfortable. But baby was really low, so maybe that's part n of it. My first internal at 35 w hurt a lot, and he was still high and I was not dilated. Each one since has gotten a little better.
  • @lalalorelai so sorry about your appt. FX that your LO's growth starts catching up!

Had my 37week appt yesterday. Still dialated to just over 1, so no progress over the last few weeks. It looks like these contractions are doing a big fat nothing right now. Good news is GroupB strep was negative, which is nice since I was positive with DS1.

• Now that I'm thinking about my appt today, I'm wondering if my nurse did a sweep. When she checked me and told me I was at a 4, she didn't stop right away and said she was trying to help get things moving in there. Would I notice if she did one? None of it was painful, but baby is really low. Would they do a sweep without saying that's what they did? I'm not sure what else she would be doing in there to help things along though! 
    When I went to hospital with DD I was dilated at a 4 and 70% effaced. When nurse checked me I made a comment about not coming back if this wasn't real labor and she said I gave you a good check. Which no clue if she did a sweep or not but she pushed things along because she knew I was over being in and out of L&D from irritable uterus. I bet your Dr did help push things along and I wouldn't mess around with it. Maybe go to L&D and tell rhem your Dr. Said that. Maybe they will take that as let's just get this going.
  • We had a good news bad news appointment today at 36 weeks. The bad news - I had blood in my urine, they lost the culture from when I was diagnosed with a UTI (again) and I am done with my medication tomorrow. Since this was the second round of the same antibiotic and it came right back last time, AND I have blood in my urine they are thinking the bacteria causing the infection isn't one that can be treated by this antibiotic - but no way to know what it IS since the lab lost the culture. Both times. 
    Good news - The doctor confirmed he "dropped" (like I thought!) and is measuring at 38 weeks. I am not dehydrated, which I was last time. The doctor said the horrible vomiting and diarrhea can be a sign labor is soon... and next week if I am still pregnant we can talk about induction for week 38 or 39 or at the absolute latest, our official due date . She said they will NOT let me go over, since I am putting off gallbladder surgery, and if I can safely for everyone have this baby at 38 weeks instead of 42 weeks -  that is a month sooner I can have my surgery and not be in pain any more.  My pulse had also slowed a little - it has been up around 120 - 140 which had kept me on restricted activity, but now he dropped and was putting less pressure on my heart it was down around 99 - which is back in the normal range. They still don't want me going for a run, but I can go up and down the stairs without being super careful about taking it slow. 

• Yay for the good news @Allisun85
  • I had my 36 week appointment today. Nothing exciting since it was with the NP I detest. GBS was negative and fingers crossed for induction at 39 weeks. DS is measuring huge with a head in the 99th percentile. 
  • @Allisun85 so glad for your hopeful news! Sending good vibes that things stay nice and easy for you. 

Also...me thinks the doctor didn't put in the add on for the culture/sensitivity. As a lab rat, it is very hard to lose a whole urine culture twice. Most hospitals only have 24-48 hours to add on a culture, if the doctor forgets...then they put the patient on a general antibiotic. I'd be calling this mofo tomorrow to make sure the culture is added on. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• ShawnaLynn83ShawnaLynn83 member
    edited July 2016
    36 week appt today. BP was perfect and no weight gain which was nice since I gained 5lbs the week before.  GBS was negative and baby girls head is engaged.  I can tell she's really low.  Dr didn't check to see if I was dilated.  Have a small feeling we won't make it to due date though.  
  • KJ1416KJ1416 member
    I had my last OB appointment today before RCS. I have dilated another cm, which is nice to find out since I've had a ton of BH and some kinda painful contractions. Now I just have to wait to see if baby decides to come before my CS next week. 

My my boss also told me not to come in tomorrow!  So, today was my last day of work until the end of Oct!  
  • I had my 36 week appointment on Tuesday. I saw the MFM for a follow up growth scan to see if baby's Long bones had continued to grow. We were told that although he has not caught up completely, he is following a perfect growth curve, which is what they were really looking for, so no worries. Baby weighed in at 5lb. 6oz. so he's definitely growing, but will still be a little guy! I also saw my OB, and had my GBS test and a cervical check, which revealed that I am not dilated and baby is still "way up there!" I have to say, I was disappointed, since I was dilated to at least 1 with both of my other kids by this point! I go back on Monday for my 37 week appointment, hopefully there is some change!
    I also found out that my OB is going on vacation the day after my due date..... :( I'm hoping I go into labor on my own before he leaves, but I'm going to talk to him about induction the day after my due date, depending on who is covering for him.
  • I had an appointment Monday and was admitted for 24 hours because of a huge jump in my BP and seeing flashing lights in my left eye on Saturday. My 24-hour urine came back positive for protein so I was diagnosed with mild preeclampsia. 

I had to go back to the office today for a BPP and NST. Baby is doing great. She's measuring 5 lbs and 14 oz.  My doctor went ahead and did a cervix check and my GBS swab to prep for delivery. I was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. Induction is scheduled for 8/4 which is so crazy to me! 

I go back next Friday for another BPP and NST and it will be my last appointment. It feels like it's gone by so fast. 
    Me:  28  DH:  33
    Married:  10/04/2014
    DD1:  03/02/15
    DD2:  08/04/16
    Baby 3 Due:  11/23/18!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had my 38 week appt today and my dr did a cervical check.  I'm completely closed, high and tight :( I'm getting so nervous that I'm not going to make enough progress and I'll need to be induced.  I came home and sat on my fitness orb while eating dates.  I made a reservation at this restaurant a few days before my due date that makes a famous salad that apparently makes women go into labor.  And I'm going to have to get it on every day for the next 2 weeks.. Ugh! Haha DH is happy about that wives tale! 
  • Just had my 36w appt. Not effaced much (cervix is short but not too thin) and not dilated. I'm stopping my vaginal progesterone and getting one last shot of it.

monday marks when I had DS so as long as I'm still pregnant on Tuesay it's the most pregnant I've ever been. 
  • Had my 37w appointment today, it was rescheduled twice so I am actually 37w4d.  Dr was over an hour late, which is just frustrating.

Anyway, I was having contractions last night, and am now 3cm, 50%.  Dr ended the appointment with "I'll see you next week if not sooner"...  Yikes!  With my first I had my son the next day after having similar stats.  I know that every pregnancy is different and it could mean nothing, but still, probably should finish packing that bag!