September 2016 Moms
Options

The Labor Thread

Re: The Labor Thread

• Options
    @JennM205 Woohoo! Finally...they are good for something!!

I'm kind of hoping my doc checks me tomorrow to see if my contractions are doing anything.
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options
    Good luck @MommaMacri ! Hurray for more babies!
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • Options
    Congrats @MommaMacri ! What a perfect looking little guy.

I have been having irregular mild (sometimes) contractions all day and all night yesterday, and all morning today, along with some digestive unpleasantness. It's a little early, so I'm not going to get too excited without corroborating evidence. Haven't seen any blood or anything else in that vein. I DO hope that these contractions are at least productive though... I was effaced this past week, time to work on dilation. The less work I have to do by the time I actually go to the hospital, the better. Right??
  • Options
    Keep us posted @jas1982!  It's still a little early so I hope baby keeps baking a bit longer for you...but you're right, a little dilation is a step in the right direction when the big day comes so no harm in that!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They're slowing down a ton after laying down and drinking a ridiculous amount of water, so I am going to assume I am good for now. It's exciting to watch the birth announcements list grow but not time for mine yet!
  • Options
    Good luck @COmama87! I'll be thinking of you! You get to meet your baby so soon!! 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Options
    Good luck @COmama87 wishing you a smooth induction and labor! So exciting!
  • Options
    Thinking of you @COmama87! I hope everything goes great! Keep us posted!! Can't wait to "meet" your little girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    Good luck today @COmama87 and @OBMommy!

• Options
    geminigirl16geminigirl16 member
    edited August 2016
    Good luck today ladies @COmama87 and @OBMommy! Can't wait to see an update. 

Edit: TB posted too soon
  • Options
    @COmama87 and @OBMommy  Thinking of you ladies!! I am getting induced tomorrow! Can't believe all the babies we are seeing now!!!
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    @COmama87 @OBMommy Good Luck!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thinking of both of you @OBMommy and @COmama87!! Good luck mamas!!
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    Good luck today @COmama87 and @OBMommy!!!

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • Options

PoodleDoodleOoo weird, same exact story here. I don't think I lost all of it, maybe half? This was yesterday around 3pm. It's impossible for me to keep my excitement in check, my head keeps saying "it doesn't mean anything and you'll be pregnant for 3 more weeks" but my heart is so hopeful.

I was 38 weeks on Friday, very curious to see what happens from here.

• Options
    @COmama87 @OBMommy Good luck, and hope all is going well for both of you!

@PoodleDoodleOoo I felt the same way when I lost my MP (not sure of it was all or part) at 35 weeks. But now that it's been almost two weeks since it happened without any other labor related incident, I assume I was one of the ones that it meant nothing regard labor. 

• Options
    Good luck @COmama87 and @OBMommy!! So many babies coming this week! 
  • Options
    Had contractions every 5 minutes during my NST today.  Apparently my uterus is just really irritable and I can expect that fun to continue until it's actual labor.  Yayyyy.

This is me for the past 5ish weeks. Good times. No advice but...solidarity at the very least!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Am I the only person whose OB doesn't do NSTs? I'm sort of dying to have this information, even though I am sure I would just drive myself crazy with it. I go back in Wednesday, and I am hoping I can at least add some dilation to my effacement, I have had way too much pain to have no progress at all (I hope). That being said, for me contractions totally seemed to stop after Friday. The last three days have been quiet.

I hope everything is going well for @COmama87 and @OBMommy .... sounds like we have several people getting close! Wave o' babies!
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    edited August 2016
    Edited cause I posted in the wrong thread. My bad
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @jas1982 I didn't have any with my son, only having them this time because twins are wily. 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Options
    @jas1982 I didn't have any with my son, only having them this time because twins are wily. 
    Same. Never had an NST with DD - only having one this week to ensure baby isn't developing any complications from the excess amniotic fluid they discovered during last week's growth ultrasound.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jas1982 as far as I know, you don't get them in a "regular", uneventful pregnancy unless you have to go in for something like decreased movement or something unexpected. Moms with GD, hypertension, IUGR, polyhydramnios, and other complications can get them, depending on the complication and the doctor. For example, I have GD and am not getting any extra monitoring or NST. 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    jas1982 said:
    Am I the only person whose OB doesn't do NSTs? I'm sort of dying to have this information, even though I am sure I would just drive myself crazy with it. I go back in Wednesday, and I am hoping I can at least add some dilation to my effacement, I have had way too much pain to have no progress at all (I hope). That being said, for me contractions totally seemed to stop after Friday. The last three days have been quiet.

I hope everything is going well for @COmama87 and @OBMommy .... sounds like we have several people getting close! Wave o' babies!
    @jas1982 I'm getting them done because of GD. It's not exactly a fun time. Other then the fact that the nurses give me popsicles while I'm there. It's nice listening to baby girls heartbeat for an hour, but she's always slow to start moving, like she gets camera shy or something, so it's always a bit nerve wracking waiting for those kicks and heart rate accelerations so they'll let me go. Although today I had 4 or 5 contractions about 10 minutes apart, that was new. Nothing since.   
  • Options
    So so exciting on here lately. Congrats @COmama87, @chavezrd2 , good luck @OBMommy !!!
  • Options
    ashtasht member
    jas1982 said:

Nope. My checks are only about 5 mins and it's literally hear heart beat and measure my belly.
  • Options
    @jas1982 like pp have mentioned, they only do them if there's an issue to monitor. I had one lasf pregnancy because I thought I was leaking fluid. Most of the time though, you won't get one. They really aren't fun either, just really boring.
  • Options
    @jas1982  like everyone else said, NSTs are only done if there is a reason to have one. They aren't too exciting and can get time consuming if you have to have them regularly. With DS I had2. The first one after a minor car accident. My doctor does NSTs 2x per week once overdue, so I had the ne on my due date but then had the baby before the next scheduled NST. So far no NSTs this pregnancy.