September 2016 Moms
Options

The Labor Thread

Re: The Labor Thread

• Options
    @mamadomino so the MP doesn't have blood in it? It's usually just a greenish or clear glob? 

Just wondering because I've lost a little MP over the last two weeks. But a little while ago I lost a bunch that had blood in it. Just didn't know if there was a difference 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    @Jabreen that was so weird. But yay for babies! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @seitzy3 my OB talked to me about this so I'd know the difference and said MP can have old blood in it. But having newer blood is an indication of the bloody show. MP has been in there for months and bloody show is a bit of blood that comes from the cervix as it starts to dilate. He said if it's your bloody show, you'll typically go into active labor within days but everyone's different.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @AshleyB09042015 good luck tomorrow! Hope you have lots to keep you busy 
  • Options
    Good luck @jensou and @AshleyB09042015 ! Can't wait for more babies!! Yay!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @jensou we love all the info! Don't feel bad sharing! Good luck!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @jensou glad you are able to keep us updated! We love hearing a fellow S16 mom's experience. I hope you see good progress when you're checked again.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
  • Options
    @jensou I love the updates! Hope it all goes quick from here for you!

• Options
    @jensou love the updates! Stay strong!  :D
  • Options
    Go @jensou, go!  I keep peeking at the Birth Announcement thread looking for your story!  

Good luck and thanks for the updates!!
  • Options
    @seitzy3 if there is red blood I would definitely call.  If it was brown I would just mention it at my next appt.  
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Options
    @jensou no, keep us updated! I love reading progress! And no shame in the Epi, I've heard pitocin contractions are horrendous. I never felt mine but my SIL did, and man....she said it was so bad.
  • Options
    @jensou eeek baby time!!!! Good luck mama, hoping you are close to holding your squish!

Good luck also to @AshleyB09042015!!
  • Options
    @seitzy3 if there is red blood I would definitely call.  If it was brown I would just mention it at my next appt.  
    yup there was definitely red blood, not brown at all. I haven't had any steady contractions, just some here and there. @mamadomino

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    Good luck mamas! @jensou and @AshleyB09042015

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    @seitzy3 I've always wondered the same thing. Both times for me it was really goopy, sticky, yellow-greenish, mucousy stuff, but never any blood. I slowly lost mine over a 24 hour period the day before labor for both kids. 
     @jensou you know we are soaking up the updates. I hope the end is near! 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Options
    Hmmm now I'm wondering if this is the start for me. I never had it with the other two. Well I had it in labor with Cameron. But if it's true that labor starts within a few days then I hope it's sooner then later as H leaves for work on Friday.  

@mhilpisch10 did you have contractions or your water break?

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    @jensou love the updates. Good luck with your next few hours. I hope you dilate quickly! I just got a call that they pushed my induction for tomorrow cause of emergency c sections and there being no beds available. I'm so upset. I've been preparing for a week. I'm heartbroken I won't get to meet her as soon as I thought. They are going to call me to reschedule. 
  • Options
    seitzy3 said:
    yup there was definitely red blood, not brown at all. I haven't had any steady contractions, just some here and there. @mamadomino
    I would probably call just to check in. My doctor told me I didn't need to do anything if it was just a little bit of blood but it might be worth getting their input?
  • Options
    Loving all of the updates here... So many babies coming soon!! It's raining Sept babies!! 
  • Options
    @AshleyB09042015 I'm sorry your induction is being rescheduled. I can see how saddening that would be! I hope they don't make you wait too much longer than planned...!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @AshleyB09042015 Ugh I am frustrated for you! I can't even imagine how upsetting that would be. I'm sorry :(
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I had a crazy busy day at work today - nonstop meetings and, when it was all said and done, a list of things to "tie up" a mile long!  On the way home from work, I started feeling super uncomfortable - lower back ache and cramping and tightening in my belly.  It has continued throughout this evening.  I started timing the contractions to try to decide if they're just BH or the real thing.  So far, they're "regular" but 10+ minutes apart and not terribly uncomfortable.  I'm thinking this probably isn't the real thing...but have no idea at this point and only time will tell...  Meanwhile, I'm sitting here working my butt off trying to organize and tie up my work to do list (at 9:30pm) just in case this is it.  It's late and I've barely scratched the surface of the things I need to do following today's craziness.  So do I keep plugging away, just in case?  Or do I let my poor body rest after such a long day...also just in case?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JennM205 Any way to do both? Lay on the couch or in bed with a glass of water or cup of tea while still working? That way, you can watch for changes in pattern without necessarily losing the productive time if it turns out to be BH or non-progressive.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Jabreen I'm probably the only person left on the face of the earth (ok maybe a slight exaggeration) without a laptop (desktop only). So no lounge working for me. But I found a different happy medium - I worked another hour or so and decided to call it a night. We'll see what the morning holds but I'm thinking this was nothing...other than a swift kick in the butt to make sure my work stuff is organized better next time! ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JennM205 get some rest and keep us updated!
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    @JennM205 get some rest, glad to hear you still have time! It is so stressful prepping to go out on leave, although I suppose we should be happy to get leave. Tomorrow you can continue to get things ready :)

I am only "nesting" at work because my last day is Friday (thank you, forced pre partum leave policy!) and I keep taking on more work than I should. I really need to just clean my inbox, backup files and turn in finished projects, but I keep getting caught up in meetings and new mini projects.
  • Options
    Been a couple hours @JennM205 ... I think, I'm confused by time stamps and time zones. What's going on now?? And yes, tell dh even if you play it down and start with "I doubt this is it, but..."
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JennM205 looks like you might be the 1st Thurs ticker changer! How exciting! Love that you said this to me last night and now I get to say it to you lol :D
  • Options
    I second @AnnaS930...curious about how you are feeling @JennM205? Have the contractions progressed? Thinking of you and hope you've told your husband and that he's in the loop. 

@AshleyB09042015 Sorry to hear about your delay. That must be frustrating. 
  • Options
    I'm also wondering how it's going @JennM205. Thinking of you!

• Options
    @JennM205 you're not a downer! If that baby needs to cook they need to cook! :) keep us posted to what your OB says
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JennM205 Hope all those contractions mean some type of progress! Keep us posted! :)
  • Options
    That's awesome news, @CoffeeBeanFiend91:)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry @seitzy3 my first check in for the day. After I lost my MP with my first I started having contractions that day (mild at first) and then my water broke probably 18 hours after I lost it and contractions intensified from there. 
    With my second, I thought I was losing it that day went to bed and woke up with contractions at 230am. He was born en caul (in the sack) at 6 am. 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16