September 2016 Moms

Symptoms Thread - August!

Re: Symptoms Thread - August!

• @yellowrose314 yup just a little leaking on my left side only
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AnnaS930 I also get one-sided swelling for some reason. With DS1 it was worse on my left side, and it's worse on my left side again this time. I was told if there isn't significant pain, then it's not likely to be a blood clot or anything. Just that some people have stretchier veins on one side or the other. Could also be postural? I notice that I lean a lot more to my left side for some reason.
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't posted much here because with this being my second pregnancy in less than 2 years & the amount of research/studying I do I haven't found many of my symptoms to be severe or unusual. I'm currently 37+6 weeks, Baby#2 team green... Staring yesterday and today I have been having pain in my vagina. Not inside it, not a burning or itching or anything but like I got whacked in the crotch with a bat and the outside of it and my muscles are sore. Didn't have this with DS1 and I have an appt on Tuesday so I'll ask there. But just thought id share here for once. 
  • @Ampip2270 Sorry to hear that! Sounds like the classic "lightening crotch" I have heard others talk about. :(
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Ampip2270 said:
    I haven't posted much here because with this being my second pregnancy in less than 2 years & the amount of research/studying I do I haven't found many of my symptoms to be severe or unusual. I'm currently 37+6 weeks, Baby#2 team green... Staring yesterday and today I have been having pain in my vagina. Not inside it, not a burning or itching or anything but like I got whacked in the crotch with a bat and the outside of it and my muscles are sore. Didn't have this with DS1 and I have an appt on Tuesday so I'll ask there. But just thought id share here for once. 
    I bet you're swollen down there but can't tell. I've felt like this for a while now, baby is probably sitting a lot lower than your others did. 

Lightning crotch is a sudden, really sharp pain in your vagina area that goes away really quickly. It would be a different feeling, but equally as pleasant!
  • My pelvis and hips ache the worst, and my feet (though not swollen at all) are so achey too- feels like I went walking for 9 hours in the city when I'm really just going from my bed to the bathroom and back. And the exhaustion is so real. I have no energy, and when I do I take on too much and wear myself out. BH are a thing now- I hadn't been having them but now I am. Oh and one actual contraction last night, totally random, all on its own with no other symptoms. I went to pee and had pain radiate around my pelvis and into my back, like period pain but a little worse and felt tightening in my abdomen, lasted about 10 seconds and then passed. It was wild!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I somehow managed to make it over 37 weeks without vomiting and then threw up 4 times in quick succession last night.  WTF, body? :anguished:

I feel bad for DH.  He had to clean out the bathroom sink drain afterwards since I can't kneel or squat in front of the toilet. :mask:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• MojieJo said:
    I somehow managed to make it over 37 weeks without vomiting and then threw up 4 times in quick succession last night.  WTF, body? :anguished:

I feel bad for DH.  He had to clean out the bathroom sink drain afterwards since I can't kneel or squat in front of the toilet. :mask:
    Ugh. Hope you're feeling better! This reminds me of when I was around 36-37 weeks with DS1--I ran to the bathroom to throw up and missed both sink and toilet completely. Doused the entire bathroom in partially-digested pasta. DH cleaned the whole thing up. I felt bad, but I would say we've gone through one thousand times more crap than they have at this point, so let them clean a little vom, lol.

• @schuberta I still feel a little off, but much better than last night. :smile:

I feel bad for DH, but at the same time it was no picnic for me, either.  He took it like a champ, though, I have to admit. <3
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Feet and ankles are the most swollen they've been today. Not sure why since there have certainly been about a million of these hot/humid days when I've been out in the humidity longer... but I even have a little bit of pitting tonight. Gross. Left foot is definitely more swollen than right, but that has seemed to be the trend every time they swell at all! 
  • I had a weird symptom tonight. I finished dinner and right away my whole mouth and tongue got tingly and kind of numb. I didn't eat anything I haven't eaten before so I knew it wasn't allergies. I took my BP and it was pretty high but went down in a few minutes. The numbness lasted a few minutes and faded away. Weird. I looked it up and Dr Google said it could just be nerve compression from baby. Hoping that's what it is! I'll mention it to the doctor next week.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Wow that sounds scary @AlwaysAuntNeverMom definitely ask the doctor. I think allergies can change. I recall my aunt having some episode after eating a meal at a restaurant and it turned out she developed an allergy to something. Hers lasted longer than a few minutes so hopefully yours isn't an allergy too. But good to ask about it just in case!
  • @SLou24 If you're still swollen and pitting, I think it would be worth a call to your OB. Sudden swelling and swelling with pitting can be signs of pre-e. It's something I'd rather be safe than sorry with!

• @camichael84 yeah that definitely crossed my mind last night. Woke up a little bit swollen today but much better, no pitting. I'll see if it progresses and will definitely call if it gets worse!! 
  • @SLou24 Glad to hear the swelling seems better and the pitting is gone!

• @AlwaysAuntNeverMom I second Rock1Cherry - allergies can change!  Since this pregnancy started, I've noticed that eating more than just a few baby carrots will make my tongue tingly and numb.  Maybe it's something you just hadn't eaten in larger quantities yet? Or like you said, maybe just baby sitting on a nerve.  Good thinking to mention it to your OB, but if it went away fairly quickly that's a good sign of it being nothing too serious!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @SLou24 - my feet/ankles have been really swollen lately too.. whether it's a hot day and I'm on my feet or sitting in the AC of work with my feet up, I end up with swelling.  Also have woken up and can feel the tops of my feet jiggle as I walk to the shower.. wah. For me, it's just the norm of this stage of pregnancy... my OB assured me last week that most of my weight gain is fluid retention, which I'm sure is true if this pregnancy is similar to last. I expect to be peeing/sweating off pounds of fluid in the first few weeks postpartum. that's life!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Can anyone describe what braxton hicks feels like?   Currently enjoying some off and on cramping that's causing me to bend over slightly (and make this oh so awesome face).   Not sure if just normal cramping or BH.

Sidenote:  For the last two weeks LO has been settled into the pubic bone and it hurt to walk anywhere.   This weekend they must've moved and I can walk again (aside from the cramping now).   I'm really hoping this does not mean they've moved into transverse....
  • RG1RG1 member
    LakeR2014 said:
    Can anyone describe what braxton hicks feels like?   Currently enjoying some off and on cramping that's causing me to bend over slightly (and make this oh so awesome face).   Not sure if just normal cramping or BH.

Sidenote:  For the last two weeks LO has been settled into the pubic bone and it hurt to walk anywhere.   This weekend they must've moved and I can walk again (aside from the cramping now).   I'm really hoping this does not mean they've moved into transverse....
    I was also wondering about BH! I have sudden cramps sometimes and I try to feel my belly to see if it's "hard all over" like people say, but it does feel hard because the baby is there... And they don't last any great length of time. Probably only 10 seconds at the most. Also wondered if these were BH and then I got worried I won't know what contractions feel like :(
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Fun new symptom... I've developed an allergy to my toothpaste.  It causes a rash around my mouth, anywhere the toothpaste touches.  Weird.
  • I woke up this morning with my right ear clogged, like swimmers ear almost. So weird
  • @RG1 - yup this is exactly my worry.   DH is going out of town this weekend 4 hours away (I'll be 36 weeks) and if anything is happening now it'll change his plans...so I'd like to know what I should be looking out for.   Right now I assume normal cramping...but as no experience, I have no idea.
  • @LakeR2014 and @RG1 to me they just feel like your belly is tight and being squeezed.  Some people describe them as hurting, but when I've had painful ones they've been actual contractions.  I also get a tightness in my chest and shortness of breath when I have BH, which I did not have with my first pregnancy.  I wouldn't describe them as a crampy feeling. 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• RG1RG1 member
    @mamadomino how long do they last? When I'm walking my dog, I usually get a sudden pain in my belly and it lasts maybe 10 seconds. Almost feels like baby is moving around but he isn't. But it's painful so maybe a real contraction?! Unless I'm just a baby haha
  • @RG1 30 seconds maybe? I've never had a contraction that short so I'm sure it's possible.  The big indicator of both for me has been a hard belly.  Does your whole belly hurt or just one spot? 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• RG1RG1 member
    @mamadomino Its my whole belly and lasts maybe 10 seconds. I wonder if its maybe just baby moving or hitting a nerve?
  • My left lower ribs really hurt, they feel bruised.  I've been on Dr.Google and just seems like 'normal' pregnancy fun.....  
  • @laker2014 @RG1 the way my OB described the difference was BH are tight and can hurt but usually don't
    real contractions feel.crampy with pressure.
    I've found that to be true for me.

yours sound like normal BH.

sometimes mine hurt, especially if the baby is moving during them
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So I'm having some really uncomfortable lower abdominal cramping, like very diffuse across my whole lower abdomen. I don't think I feel a tightening of my belly, I'm just really, really uncomfortable. I did just rush/speed walk to make my train, so I'm not sure if it's just over exertion or what? 
  • Different women describe BH differently. I feel mine are like a light period cramp that starts in my lower belly and tightens the whole thing. I've felt a few painful contractions, timeable but no more that 6 or 7 in a row, and those have been like a dull ache that can start at the top of the belly and then hurt like a period cramp, then radiate to my back. All of mine last between 60-90 seconds. 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • jhems776 said:
    My left lower ribs really hurt, they feel bruised.  I've been on Dr.Google and just seems like 'normal' pregnancy fun.....  
    Wow. I was actually going to post about this just now. I have soreness in the SAME place, my left ribs. I can't tell if it's muscle related or if my actual ribs hurt. I didn't look it up on google, but my assumption is that the pressure on our ribs is causing some discomfort. It's definitely not the best feeling in the world.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • RG1RG1 member
    I think its also hard for me to determine what BH feel like cause I never have period cramps! But when I've had cramping lately, its been in lower abdomen and back and its just like a dull pain as if I have to maybe poop. 
  • Re left ribs: okay, I don't know if this is true or not, but my best friend had tons of rib pain last pregnancy and her OB told her it was her kidneys pushing on her ribs because they're a pretty hard organ...no idea if that's true. Lol
  • One more weird one... Anyone have dark scabs on your areolas or whitish gunk coming out of your nipples?  I have a little clear fluid leakage already, but I'm not sure what the whitish stuff is, or where the scabs are coming from.
  • RG1RG1 member
    One more weird one... Anyone have dark scabs on your areolas or whitish gunk coming out of your nipples?  I have a little clear fluid leakage already, but I'm not sure what the whitish stuff is, or where the scabs are coming from.
    I have dried colostrum that is whiteish coming out of my nipples but no scabs so no advice for that!
  • ashtasht member
    One more weird one... Anyone have dark scabs on your areolas or whitish gunk coming out of your nipples?  I have a little clear fluid leakage already, but I'm not sure what the whitish stuff is, or where the scabs are coming from.
    The white is more than likely the bodies nature lube to protect/soften the nipple for baby. As for scabs are you sure it's not dried leakage?
  • @MamaSquishyB I think the scans are dried colostrum. I have them too, and you can pull them out which is gross but cool...lol