December 2016 Moms
Options

Names?

12345679»

Re: Names?

• Options
    @mysteryship my husband's second cousin is named August and he goes by Gus which I think is just the cutest for a little boy, and then if he wants he can grow into August later. Love the name!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @brittnic86
    I think Bliss is a lovely middle name; I mean, Joy is pretty common, so why not? The fact that it honors a family member is sweet and your SIL can go kick rocks. 
  • Options
    @Kate87 thank you! My grandma was such an important person to me. That's true about Joy, never even thought of that!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brittnic86 people might comment on it when you first announce her name, but I'd doubt it would be "something" after that point. 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    We have FINALLY decided on 

Kaynen Alexander!

No one needs to know that my husband got it from the character Kanan, who is in a Star Wars book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • Options
    @brittnic86 I have a friend whose DD is actually named Roxy Snow last name. Compared to that Bliss is normal.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    My husband and I finally settled on a name for our baby girl, Brexley Jasmine. I loved the name right when we found out we were having a girl, my husband was not sure, but eventually it grew on him! 
  • Options

Kaynen Alexander!

No one needs to know that my husband got it from the character Kanan, who is in a Star Wars book.

My first DD's middle name is from game of thrones. This one's middle name is a spelling variant of a name from star wars. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @Kate87 Thanks! That's part of what I love about it, that he can have a cute nickname as a kid but has the option of a more adult name later.
  • Options
    sourlemon said:

Kaynen Alexander!

My first DD's middle name is from game of thrones. This one's middle name is a spelling variant of a name from star wars. 
    Our boy name is Benjamin, after DH's grandfather of course. But Ben Kenobi!!! And one of the girl names I've convinced DH to go along with is Leia Makenzie. Yes I'm a huge Star Wars fan, how ever did you guess?
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I think DH and I have finally settled on a boy's name...Theodore! Sorry I haven't been able to keep up/read this whole thread, so I don't know if this name has come up already. But I love Theo as a nickname.

Now the big debate is whether or not to do a middle name. I didn't have one growing up and I didn't mind/preferred it, but my DH has one and thinks the baby should have one.

What are some middle names you think could work with Theodore?
  • Options
    @bookworm8622 do you want something classic or more unique? The first one that came to mind for me was Theodore James, which is very traditional. I also like the option of TJ as a nickname but I know some moms are veeeerrrry anti-initials as nicknames :smile:

• Options
    @ea301 I'm not sure about classic or unique, I never thought about it! I like Theodore James though, I'll have to ask DH what he thinks about initial nicknames, I don't think we know anyone with one other than his father.
  • Options
    I've been having a horrible time thinking of baby girl names - lots of Googling, chatting with DH about different ideas, talking to my belly to see what she thinks, etc. We're kind of torn on this name, so I figured I would ask: What do you think about the name Meira? Potential middle name would be Kelly and our last name begins with an A, for what it's worth.

There's lots of additional context behind why I am asking, but I'm being intentionally vague-ish so as not to pollute any opinions :wink:

• Options
    @ea301 I like Meira - but I really think it depends on the flow of your last name since it starts with an A.  It might blend all together, because most people won't use her middle name on a regular basis.

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    Everyone knows my twins names. I had their names picked out before I got pregnant lol 
  • Options
    Meira is one of my all time favorite names. I love love love it!

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    Thanks @karmba and @Ajstephenson ! DH thinks it might be hard to pronounce so we may go with the variant of Mira. I also agree that first names ending with -a paired with our last name is a little odd... will have to see if it grows on me! 

• Options
    Off topic question about middle names- I really like the name Rose for a middle... It goes well with the first name and last name. It also happens to be my nieces middle name. Is that strange to give her the same middle name as my one niece (the one other baby in the family)?
  • Options
    @ashleygorokhovsky I don't think it's weird to share a middle name at all. I know it's not family but I shared a middle name with my best friend growing up and we thought it was awesome!

• Options
    @ashleygorokhovsky my cousins (sisters) share a middle name, Rose. And their youngest sister has the same middle name as me (granted there's a 20 year age gap between her and me). So no, not weird at all. Just another thing the cousins will share, and will make them closer. 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @kaitmb88 love that combination!
  • Options
    @kaitmb88 love the name! I am an Erin too! :grin:

• Options
    @dmontgo I love maverick!
  • Options
    @kbduke Thank you! I feel like Cinderella when she put on the glass slipper--the name fits perfectly! ^.^
  • Options
    I love Ashton Maverick!
  • Options
    I told family and friends that we are naming the baby after my grandma. Family has cried as they know sentimental this is to me and others have expressed how touching and beautiful the name is. 
  • Options
    @dmontgo Maverick, love it! Also one of my favorite Mel Gibson films/characters (it would probably be my number one if it weren't for Braveheart) Great choice! Was the film part of the inspiration? 
  • Options
    @aframe77 Thank you! I had heard it when I first was looking at Mavis, then my pregnancy brain forgot about it. Then when I was on Etsy looking at some woodland decor, one of the examples used Maverick and I was like OMG I LOVE IT. I said it out loud a few times with Ashton, then asked DH what he thought, and he said it sounds so cool and it feels just right. 

I love Mel Gibson's old movies, though! I like that movie and especially the Lethal Weapon series. ;3 
  • Options
    Would anyone volunteer that I could PM them a name combo and tell me your opinion? (Our last name isn't that common) the first name is Penelope and last name starts with a P too

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Toller02 said:
    Would anyone volunteer that I could PM them a name combo and tell me your opinion? (Our last name isn't that common) the first name is Penelope and last name starts with a P too

You can PM me if you want. :)