May 2016 Moms
Options

Mom Confessions

123457»

Re: Mom Confessions

• Options
    My daughter is only one month old and I already get irritated to the point of almost yelling at her. I don't actually yell but I say "what?? What do you want? What is the problem?!" And not in a cutesy voice, but a very irritated voice. Apparently I have a low tolerance for this.
  • Options
    My daughter is only one month old and I already get irritated to the point of almost yelling at her. I don't actually yell but I say "what?? What do you want? What is the problem?!" And not in a cutesy voice, but a very irritated voice. Apparently I have a low tolerance for this.
    My husband and I do this to then laugh after! We usually say something like, why is life so difficult? What is your problem? He likes to say to her, what is your malfunction? Totally cracks me up! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Even though the formula directions say a bottle of formula is only good for an hour after you start feeding, I definitely stretch it out to 1.5-2 hours sometimes. 

I cut my baby's finger while trimming her nails the other day. Worst moment yet. 

My baby's cry is so adorable that sometimes I'll let her cry and just smile at her cuteness. 

Shall I continue? I could probably do this all day! 
    All of this. Seriously!

At first DH and I would throw a bottle out if it was a minute expired ... Now DH and I keep telling ourselves the formula directions leave room for error, and are really intended for psycho irresponsible parents .... Clleaarly we are not them LOL

also, the nail clippers - she bled for the first time yesterday - YIKES! :( 

LO is also a cutie when she cries ! Sometimes in public I try to console her quicker ... I worry about people judging me while she screams and I just smile down at her telling her how beautiful and cute she is
  • Options
    Guys. The other day I didn't park next to the cart coral, i had LO in her car seat in the cart, but it was raining like crazyyyyy! So I put her in the car and then returned the cart. Bahhh felt like the worst! Who leaves their babe in the car alone? :( I felt real guilty once I returned the cart and ran back, I was worried someone would see her in the car and flip bahhhhhh I cant believe I'm typing his ...
  • Options
    @kannairb when I went to the store and parked near the corral I wasn't thinking about that, but then I realized that, yeah, I absolutely must always park by this now. I mean, I could have kept wearing him until the groceries were loaded and the cart was away, but it's too dadgum hot to do that. It also made me realize that maybe a lot of those carts left haphazardly in the parking lot were left there by moms of LOs. I'll be much more patient in the future!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Last night when I went to change her diaper, a piece of potato chip fell out of her onesie. :lol: I blame DH but it could totally have been me (but it was probably DH).
  • Options
    tgortney said:

I sometimes mock his cries when he's crying and ask him how hard his life is, like does he have student loans, debt, house payment, car payment, a job?!
    oh good we're not the only ones! We "waa" back at her when it's crocodile tears.  I love this board...I do all of these things too!

My POS confession is she cut her hand on the bath tub her second time and it was our fault...she was white knuckle gripping the overflow valve in the plastic tub screaming bloody blue murder and we had to un-clench her hand and she scraped it bloody as we pulled it back through :(
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LO will be 15 weeks Friday. She has reflux and we are allowed to put a small amount of cereal in her bottles when she has a day of spitting up (projectile). This weighs it down so it doesn't come up as easily. Tonight I didn't put it in her bottle. I mixed it with some milk just enough for it to stay on the spoon. We fed her half her bottle then fed her the small amount of cereal with the spoon. She took to the spoon like a champ. Then she got the rest of her bottle.  I can't wait til mid August when she'll be 4months and can officially start solids.  Just for reference when I say milk I mean formula. We call it milk. Just wanted to clarify before anyone thinks I'm using regular milk when I'm not.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL