TTC After a Loss
Options

**June TWW**

Re: **June TWW**

• Options
    edited June 2016
    *taking notes* 

I'm going to try the pineapple thing this time. 

Any science-y ladies care to debunk the yams for ovulation thing? Has anyone heard that one? I was going to try it for shits and giggles one month but DH and I  argued over whether yams were the same thing as sweet potatoes. 

Edit left out a word 
  • Options
    I am lurking from the Benched board 

congratulations @16isourluckynumber !! I am really happy for you!!! Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy.

dear @fivetimesnoluck I hear you on the DH participation. We are so involved, we have to sacrifice so much and have to do all this invasive awful tests... It's just not fair!!! They only get to fill a cup sometimes, not fair!

hugs ladies 
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @catiecatp Good luck! Keep us posted! I'm usually a late tester too. What does DH think about waiting?
  • Options
    If this is a common sight in your kitchen, you are in the TWW

::Lurking from WTO::

I have this exact thing! I love it! Plus I love pineapple, so it can't hurt. 
  • Options
    catiecatpcatiecatp member
    edited June 2016
    @bornready - cue the crazy - temperature went back up today... we're still in the game, 11-12 DPO...

Testing on Friday might be nice because then we'll have the weekend together to be excited and nervous, that would be 18-19 DPO I think, alternatively Wednesday might be nice because although DH would have to go in to work I will be working from home and also seeing the social worker... She and I will have plenty to talk about as it is though because I need help embracing the risk/change that will be our move.

EDIT - DH is the reason for such late testing - I'd be at 13-14DPO for sure if it weren't for him. Well, that and I think this is the first time that FF has caught my slow rise pattern (thank you Mabis) so it is telling me to test today, but that is based on likely faulty LP data
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @catiecatp Yay for temp going up! fx for you still! 
  • Options
    BrightenMySkyBrightenMySky member
    edited June 2016
    Sorry I haven't been around much. This is the home stretch for me. IUI was 2 Wednesdays ago, so AF due early this week. My beta is scheduled for Friday because I hate the added stress of worrying about AF arriving the morning of my beta. This is actually the same timing as the cycle I got my BFP, so hoping for more good news on a Friday. 

congrats @16isourluckynumber, h&h 9 months! 

ETA I need one of those pineapple tools! I always butcher them. 
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Options
    @brightenmysky - fingers crossed we can get BFPs together!
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @catiecatp that's great about the rising temp!! FX!

@brightenmysky my beta is scheduled for Friday as well. I hope we both get good news :smile: how have you been feeling? 
     ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • Options
    Two days left for this girl. AF is due Tuesday, so I'll hang tight and test Wednesday if she doesn't show.
    Having a very weird cycle though. Part of me wonders if my last period was actually a period or if it was just implantation, but I am too terrified right now to test. Serves me right for not temping! Lol
    I'm not experiencing any TWW crazies this run, so that makes it easier to wait to test. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Options
    @roxgibbons I actually have a head cold, so not great. Trying not to symptom spot too. I have, although I did have a cold for a good chunk of my pregnancy, so even that is open to speculation (decreased immune function?). And pretty anxious, generally. I have therapy tomorrow and I'm hoping my voice comes back a bit so I can have a more productive session.  How about you?  Fx this cycle. 

@catiecatp fx for Friday! 
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
  • Options
    @dubcompanion are you testing soon or waiting?
  • Options
    @SnobunnieMel I need that pineapple corer in my life! I didn't do the pineapple thing but I will next month if I'm still here. I'm sitting tight at 5DPO and willing the days to fly by but they're dragging of course. 

FX to all the ladies testing soon. I hope everyone is having a good weekend. 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @brooklyngirl18 I'm dpo5 as well. I think there is a mass bunch of us testing Friday. We can make it!!
  • Options
    @SnobunnieMel it's so nice to know we're all in the same boat and have pretty much the same timeline. I'm not too optimistic about a positive on Friday, both previous positives came after AF was due but who is kidding who, that won't stop me from peeing on all the sticks. 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @BrightenMySky sorry about the head cold but I would be thinking the same about decreased immune function as well.

I'm doing ok- I'm a bit emotional today so one can interpret that either way. It started off when I saw my neighbor whose baby just turned 1 about 2 months ago and she came out of her garage sporting a very noticeable baby bump. WTF?!? I guess for me a lot of triggers are looming on the horizon. My birthday is coming up in July (38) and a family reunion in August for DH's family. The last time the reunion happened DH and I were starting to talk about TTC. I remember us talking about how the next reunion time we would hopefully have a baby with us. Anyway- I'm just in my head right now. Overall, I've been pretty positive this cycle and "trying" hard to not symptom spot and trying to keep the crazies at bay- it's tough though. If this IUI does not work my meds are being bumped up so at least we have a plan but I just want this one to work! 

Good of luck to everyone testing this week! 
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    DH- no kids
  • Options
    I love the Alice gifs!!!!
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just had my college reunion over the weekend, and it was hard to see so many visibly pregnant women around (and know that I would have been one of them had the baby not died).  

Now I'm feeling crampy.  Is it AF?  Implantation?  The fact that I haven't eaten great all day and just scarfed down 2 slices of pizza?
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
  • Options
    @SnobunnieMel  I am probably just going to feed your BSC and put you further in the rabbit hole when I say this, BUT

I've been pregnant six times and there were definitely tell tale signs before I ever took a HPT. 

I almost got majorly flamed on TTGP for saying that but, oh well. I know it feeds the symptom spotting Am I KU posts but, I believe a woman can just *know*. Similarly, I used to work with a lady that had seven kids and she even said that after the first few pregnancies, she could tell pretty early on if she was pregnant or not.

Anyway, I'm lurking with crossed fingers for everyone  <3

I'll go back to to analyzing my OPKS and Dr Google now :)
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 I am trying not to think too hard about it in case it's not our month. But I am getting pinching and my tell tale ovary ache is returning. Oddly enough both sides and pinching on both sides. Normally just my left hurts with my positives but both hurt at O for the first time ever. 

Back to waiting and fighting the crazy 
  • Options
    To add to the BSC I'm feeling a lot of pressure and dull aches in my uterus today. I'd lie if I said I didn't google it- but is like come on I know better to google this crap. The home stretch has always been rough...  
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    DH- no kids
  • Options
    I thought I might have had a few symptoms (nausea on and off for a week, and feeling so hungry it was making me sick) but I have a feeling af is going to start any time now and it sucks. I haven't been temping this cycle but wanted to start now that I'm close to af just so I don't have any surprises. Of course I'm .1 below CL this morning so I expect to drop even more tomorrow and probably start. I was feeling super positive this month and was really trying to relax and take it easy. Now I'm definitely sending DH in for a SA. I need some kind of answer as to why it seems like we can't ever get KU. I might longer around here but think I'm probably moving back to WTO.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Urg! Last night my grandma told me her horoscope said there's going to be a new addition to the family. Now I'm trying to convince myself my cramps and pressure I feel in my uterus is implantation. At least the end is near and this late developing symptom spotting will be either confirmed or dismissed tomorrow 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Options
    My temp jumped way up this morning.  It's 5 DPO and I'm convinced my chart is triphasic.  Mathematically tried to figure out if I implanted at 4 DPO when I could realistically test.  

Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @roper2617 my mom and grandma are really into astrology and psychics and both keep telling me not to worry because they have had readings and were told that I would have a baby (before I was even TTC). I wish I believed in it as much as they do because maybe I would be able to relax about it. 

@MrsDramaK I don't know if 4 dpo is too early for implantation or not but I think most people say that they can get a bfp after about two days after implantation. But everyone is different and some women just don't have enough to Hcg in their system until after a missed period. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MooFish2364 4 DPO is probably way too early to implant, but that temp jump got me feeling crazy.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsDramaK oh I completely understand. I'm trying to justify my slight temp dip this morning telling myself I'm not out yet. But this is how it's been am happening the last 5 cycles every time just before AF arrived. This whole process is enough to drive you crazy!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited June 2016
    @SnobunnieMel I've started testing today, at what I am assuming to be 10-11 DPO. BFN  :/

I'm still having some cramping today, which I've had continuously for the past few days - ever since the pinching I felt Friday night. If that was implantation, one would expect to start turning super-sensitive IC's right about now. So, I'm going to chalk it up to PMS rearing its stupid ugly head. I think the only symptoms missing are ravenous hunger and super fatigue. But I'm also done with the school year, so being able to relax probably helps those two somewhat.

@moofish2364 Thank you for pointing out that HCG levels might not be high enough until the time of expected AF or after. AF is expected to show Thursday, so maybe there's still hope. But I dunno... I'm pretty convinced at this point that I'm just having typical PMS symptoms. I'll know pretty soon, since I spot a couple days before it - meaning I may start spotting tomorrow or Wed.

Best of luck to you all other TWW ladies! I'm so thankful we're in this run together, and we can fight the crazies together.

• Options
    TWW crazies in my house too - I'm at 12-13DPO and am trying no to test until Friday - in part because of DH and in part because I don't want to waste money when we've got a lot of change on the horizon. At least my temperatures are back to looking good. 

The timing would be nearly perfect with a mid Feb (this cycle) or March EDD (next cycle) - I'd be able to take more time off if I wanted because the end of Mat leave would coincide with the end of an academic term - so more unpaid time, but more time with baby...

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Question - and I promise it isn't an "am I pregnant" - it is a more general TWW question that other women ask when they are asking "am I pregnant"... 

I'm super tired - is it possible that is a TWW symptom? Do y'all feel more lethargic and tired in the TWW? I guess I'm wondering if I feel this way because of more than stress - and hoping that if AF does come that at least I might have some more energy...

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited June 2016
    @catiecatp I'm always exhausted when pregnant and it always started pretty early. Maybe not in the TWW initially but maybe by 12-14 dpo. Funny you bring that up because I've been completely exhausted for the last few days and have felt some ute pinching over yesterday and today. Making the BSC worse, for sure. Realistically I'm hoping to wait til Friday or Saturday to test (I'm 6dpo) but I may cave Thursday if I still feel this way. 

Edit: I'm actually 7dpo. Don't know how I missed that! 
  • Options
    @catiecatp i second @Wishilivedinflorida severe  fatigue has me SS like crazy the last fees days. Coupled with some pinching uterus pains and ovary aches. I wonder if we all pick up on stuff earlier since our bodies are used to hcg lately. This fatigue reminds me of pregnancy fatigue. I don't normally get more tired in the TWW
  • Options
    dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited June 2016
    @catiecatp Exhaustion occurs for me closer to the end of TWW (12-14 DPO) and lasts until AF is over. The month I got KU'ed, I was indeed a little more tired than usual during TWW. Chronic fatigue set in shortly after I got my BFP. I was half-asleep for the first month of pregnancy. 

I grudgingly admit that once the initial devastation of seeing AF winds down - I realize I'll be back to feeling more like myself soon. 
  • Options
    @catiecatp I think having increased progesterone levels can may you tired.  And progesterone increases after O regardless of whether pregnancy occurs, so it's one of those symptoms that just adds to the crazies.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
  • Options
    @dubcompanion it's not over yet and at the risk of feeding into the crazy, I didn't get a positive both times until after my period was due so hang tight! FX for you.
    @catiecatp I'm totally exhausted too, i'm spending way too much brain energy on every little thing. did you and dh make a final decision about moving?? sorry if I missed it. 

no news over here, I'm 6 DPO and going crazy wishing the days away. I'm SS like crazy and I need to quit it! I'm so looking forward to this weekend with all the testers here, so many FX for everyone.
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    question- I'm still figuring out FF, this is my first month charting and temping. It is telling me to test 5 days after my expected period date. does that sound right? I would expect it to be much sooner. 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @brooklyngirl18 Thanks for the words of encouragement :blush: 

I don't use FF - I use Kindara - but I often hear that testing 5 days after expected AF is ideal. This usually guarantees a BFP if you are pregnant (none of that faint line business) and also derides possible CP disappointment (though they can obviously still happen 5+ days past AF). Mainly, I think the timeframe is to ensure everything's had time to implant and HCG is more likely to turn even the most standard of pregnancy tests.
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

Thought I'd join the discussion here this time!
    This is my first TWW since MMC. We didn't really go full speed ahead this month, but there's definitely a chance with BD between -3 and 0 days. I'm about 5 DPO right now, but I had an incredibly hard time pinpointing O this month as a result of time change from the return trip from Europe and sickness, and a few drinks. So according to CM I could be 5 dpo at the least or 8 or 9 dpo at most according to temps (most were questionable during that time though). So, I figure I'll test Saturday morning and see what happens, if I can wait that long. If this isn't the month, we'll go all in next cycle. 

Anyway, good luck to all! 
  • Options
    Love symptoms spotting discussion! I will say that the two times I've been pregnant, I've had so few "symptoms" that I was convinced I got my O date wrong. I actually tested 16 DPO for #1 when we were actively TTC and not until day 38ish of my cycle for # 2 when my cycles were still sort of unpredictable due to breastfeeding. 

For me, my first indication was that I felt too good. I actually have a lot of energy around my BFP, but have other clues that something was up. With #1, I had heartburn during my TWW and didn't get my normal pre-AF mouth sores. I ended up having heartburn until I delivered. With #2, I was super emotional and was having tingling nipples, like the let down reflex/prickly. I also was dizzy before testing my second time, but I was likely 24DPO at that point and once I felt that, I was like yup, I'm pregnant.

Fatigue usually comes for me around 5-6 weeks, but everyone is different!