October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (May 23)

123457»

Re: Weekly Randoms (May 23)

• Options
    @AllyTheKid I am so sorry. We went through it about a month ago. I am the human of choice too :( disgusting little creatures. 
  • Options
    Oh no @kmolleltz !! I'm so sorry! Deep breaths... You guys will figure something out!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    @kmolleltz ... oh no! I wish there was something I could do to help :( And ditto to what LMNOBaby said.
  • Options
    @kmolleltz - I hate to hear that! You guys will find a way to make it work! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    thanks guys. I'm just major stressing because I want our house done asap so we can bring our little boy home! 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    I am so far behind on housework I want to cry. Anytime I've had time to get it done I get hit with huge bouts of nausea/fatigue/awful headaches. It's more annoying because DH has been complaining about how messy the house is (yet he won't lift a damn finger to help me). 

• Options
    I am so far behind on housework I want to cry. Anytime I've had time to get it done I get hit with huge bouts of nausea/fatigue/awful headaches. It's more annoying because DH has been complaining about how messy the house is (yet he won't lift a damn finger to help me). 
    My house is a wreck too and I'm not even feeling sick, just lazy. I'm seriously considering paying for someone to come clean it twice a month or so. I know if I'm too lazy/low energy to do it now, I'm definitely not gonna get much done once this little guy is here and it will be even more important to keep it clean. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    @MRSCORKER ... you should definitely do it! We pay someone to come every other week and it's the best decision we made. Don't use an agency, they charge an arm and a leg and don't do as good of a job. We found ours through word of mouth... they do an amazing job, in and out within an hour and only charge $65 for our 2200sqft house.... which is the kind of thing you get if you use a smaller company or single person. Just my 2 cents... not that you needed or asked for it lol
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER We have a lady who cleans our house every other Friday. She is amazing and super trustworthy. We know we're going to spend $50 every other week on her but it's saved me so much grief because I'm naturally lazy and my husband is NOT. But he got tired of doing most everything himself. I really only do laundry and dishes now, besides just the usual picking stuff up and putting it away. It's amazing and SO worth the expense if you can do it. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @kmolleltz Oh wow, I am so sorry! :(

@ashley625 Did you guys have good luck destroying the little vermin??
  • Options
    I had an MFM appointment today and the doctor thinks one of the babies is actually a girl. I should have just been team green.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    PiperellaPiperella member
    edited May 2016
    Oh, holy cow @nlane0723!  I want to love your random, but that's got to be a surprise.  If I were you I'd be ready for whichever it is.. lol.  I knew what I was having due to the NIPT, but when they questioned me during the A/S, I said anything was possible, just give me a minute or two to adjust..haha.
  • Options
    My husband and I used to play on a baseball team together, but now that I'm pregnant I can't play, so instead I watch him play which is fine, except I didn't want to go watch him tonight cause I have slept in 3 days and I've been really achy, but I sucked it up and went.  Now I've been sitting in my car for the last 40 minutes, which my hubby socializes with the other guys on the team drinking beer after the game.  *sigh* I really want to go home but I don't want to be a bitch.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am completely exhausted but waiting for laundry to finish and I really don't want to leave it overnight in the dryer to get wrinkled. Why did I think I should get "one more thing" done on Friday night at 9pm???
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I am not at all a do it yourself-er, so we called a company to come in. We had to empty every dresser, etc and wash and dry it all before they came. They sprayed, but apparently the guy didn't do it right. When someone else came for the follow-up, he redid it and then it took one more spray after that. I think they are gone now, but I am still on high alert for them.
     We also got the mattress covers and were basically told to keep them on until we get a new mattress, whenever that may be. Apparently, they can live without feeding for up to a year, so they can live in there and get out again if you take the covers off. Disgusting little buggers. 
  • Options
    Ugh, and so begins my journey of "lay on your left side and chug water". Super crampy this evening. Booooooo. 

• Options
    you guys. someone in n16 said her husband has a bug bite and she's sending him to be tested for Zika. and she lives in Northern California. someone please help me from the dumb. 
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    mrszoess said:
    you guys. someone in n16 said her husband has a bug bite and she's sending him to be tested for Zika. and she lives in Northern California. someone please help me from the dumb.

The doctors and her insurance company will probably take care of that...
    ETA because TB ate the second half of my message AGAIN!! 
    I would never actually DO it, but I imagine them quarantining him in a small white room until she and her insurance company come to an agreement... Pregnancy has made me evil 
     >:) 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    They do seem to have a rather spectacular amount of dumb over there, poor things. Maybe it's going better over in the super secret clubhouse. 
  • Options
    I wore sunscreen all day today. I was lying in a chair the majority of the day. Somehow the top of my back got burned. I'm so confused. 
  • Options
    I wore sunscreen all day today. I was lying in a chair the majority of the day. Somehow the top of my back got burned. I'm so confused. 
    I have been trying to be really good about sunscreen too, but today I forgot and was hoping the 60 I slathered on yesterday would help at least a little....ya that was wishful thinking as I am red lobster burned...and it stings :bawling: 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I was in shade all day and my face is burnt 
  • Options
    I think I hit the point of being a bottomless pit when i'm hungry. I am still only hungry occasionally, but when I am watch out.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    anyone else obsessed with reading peoples birth stories?

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • Options
    no but I found the "chit chat" board and it is scary how ignorant people are
  • Options
    Now I have to go search for the "chit chat" board. lol

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • Options
    ibabyloveb87ibabyloveb87 member
    edited May 2016
    Ashleymn said:
    anyone else obsessed with reading peoples birth stories?
    I read them all the time. Glad I'm not the only one. 

Edited to add: The Chit Chat board scares me. Questioning how to deal with clothes that don't fit?? Really?? 
  • Options
    These are the people who come in to ask if their ultrasound picture is a boy or girl. And then flounces after feeling sorry for the bmb's unborn children. 
  • Options
    kmolleltz said:
    GUYS .... but how funny would it be if one of the "regulars" from N16 is ACTUALLY a catfish? Like INSIDE their super secret private clubhouse. 
    I haven't read through all of this yet, nor have I read N16 but I just wanted to say this is so possible! There was a girl on my last BMB that was very active, seemed well liked, and was part of fb groups they had created. Toward the end of our pregnancies, someone got suspicious and called her out. Turns out, she was like a teenager with no kids and was using someone else's pictures, bump pictures, kid pictures (she claimed she had 3 or 4 kids already) it was pretty creepy. She could've been collecting pictures and stories the whole time she was there to use on another board. One reason I don't share my face or my babies.  ;)

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker