October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (May 23)

Re: Weekly Randoms (May 23)

• Options
    Why does lurker/reg/whateva status even matter to someone? Never post? You're a lurker. Post a lot? Reg. Post sometimes? Fall in between. Want to be a reg? Post more. 

Am I missing something? Every other forum I've ever been on worked that way, it's not rocket science...

In the spirit of the randoms page- I just ate all but a few slices of an entire pineapple in one sitting. I'm glad I stopped myself, because now I can have the rest as part of my bedtime snack. Yum!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @mrscorker I have no kids on the outside but my husband is much closer to his mother than his father (and she was a working mom, too, so not with him much more than his dad was unless by choice). I think it's entirely possible for a child, no matter the gender, to have a great relationship with both parents. Especially because you care, it will work out!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Omg if I ate that much pineapple the skin of my whole mouth would be gone 
  • Options
    @mommym234

What dose do you use? My MW said liquid so I got the liquid kind but I don't remember the dose for headaches. 

@MRSCORKER

DS (2.5yo) is suuuuuper attached to me and sometimes gets upset when I even mention MH to him when he's at work. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    duckmay said:
    Well, @kmolleltz ? Are you a robot?
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;)
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    Me: supposedly baby can sense vibrations and hear deep sounds. You should try talking to him up close.
    DH: can I try farting on him?
    Me: *facepalm*
    This would sooooooo be our conversation too. I swear we're actually adults. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    We just spent the first 45 minutes of the workday hanging out as a team and chatting and telling stories. And it was totally spontaneous. The most fun I've had at work in months. 
  • Options
    @TurtleMomma I started taking it as a daily supplement, and take a tablespoon every night.  It made most of my headaches go away.  Heads up, if you are taking an iron supplement be sure to take them at least an hour apart.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Kind of along the same lines as @mrscorker - my mother is going to be taking care of baby when I go back to work.  She's actually going to move in with us for the time being, till we figure out a living situation for her.  Anyway, I can't help but think that baby will love her and be more attached to her than me, since she'll be spending so much time with him or her.  When she comes to visit, our dog basically abandons us for her - I'm afraid the same will happen with baby!  Silly I know, but it makes me a little sad...

• Options
    LMNOBaby said:
    Kind of along the same lines as @mrscorker - my mother is going to be taking care of baby when I go back to work.  She's actually going to move in with us for the time being, till we figure out a living situation for her.  Anyway, I can't help but think that baby will love her and be more attached to her than me, since she'll be spending so much time with him or her.  When she comes to visit, our dog basically abandons us for her - I'm afraid the same will happen with baby!  Silly I know, but it makes me a little sad...

My mom is going to watch our LO 3 or 4 days a week as well. She will definitely not be moving in with us (God bless you, I would go nuts) so I haven't really worried about that as much. Our babies will love grandma and daddy and whoever else but we're Mommy. It's our voice they'll have been hearing for 9 months, our hearts they've listened to and taken comfort in. I think it's normal for us to have these worries but the more I think about it, the more I realize we don't have anything to worry about <3

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @LMNOBaby I can say from experience, as a mother who only got to spend 6 hours a day with my daughter for the first year of her life because of my work schedule, no matter who your LO is in the care of while you're away, Mom is always #1. Only YOU have that special mother/child love, and your LO knows that, and needs that. I remember having that fear that my baby girl would love my MIL more, but it just never happened. She was always waiting for me, and MINE when I got home ♡
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    congrats on your hubby getting the job @emmaaa !!!
  • Options
    Thanks @allythekid and @mrscorker ! I think deep down I know this is true, but I always veer toward the extreme thoughts and it's so nice to hear the reassurance.  Just to be on the safe side, I'm going to start talking to the bump alot more, just to lock in that I'm #1. :)
  • Options
    emmaaa said:
    I missed so much from being out yesterday. Let me try to catch up. 

1. I get the Nov '16 private group but at the same time, I can see this go bad. I've mentioned before that I am a reg/mod on TK and on the Chit Chat board (and all over but the dram happened CC) loved to stir up drama. She came in and seemed really cool. Slowly she started getting more involved in the community. After that, she started to push buttons and stir the pot a little at a time. After some situations went down and a reg got banned for purposely violating the TOS (and then getting mad when she was banned) a lot of regs, including earlier said poster, were not happy so the created a private board somewhere else. Turns out earlier said poster was a catfish and it ended up hurting the private group even more.

2. There is no reason to be upset if no one considers you a reg. If you want to be a reg, post more. If you like lurking, the continue to lurk. Or do something in between. Just don't complain to be referred to as a lurker or non-reg when you put no effort in.

3. @MRSCORKER On the opposite side of you, being pregnant with this little girl worries me. I am a complete daddy's girl and my mom and I aren't super close (I mean we see each other and get along but I am much closer with my dad). I am worried that this LO will just be so much closer to DH than she ever will to me. And while I want that for him, to have that bond my dad and I have, it makes me jealous.

4. DH got the job I mentioned last week! He starts on June 13th! Thank God!

emmaaa, emmaaa, emmaaa, as I said in another post, I wasn't upset.  It actually seems like other posters got upset that I posted it.  There is nothing on here worth getting upset over.  And it wasn't a complaint, just a statement based on a petty comment that I thought was funny which I said in the post.

Hey look, I think this is like my 7th post, am I a reg now????? Hehehe

• Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member

DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @emmaaa - Huge congrats to your DH! Happiness at work is essential for happiness at home! 

@Knottie1456760197 - Stahhhhp accusing the regs of being upset. It's annoying. Let's all just move on. And seeeee, it's more fun being a regular poster, amiright?! Now go make a personalized username and profile pic and you're well on your way to "reg" status! ........ Orrrrr shrink back into the shadows. Whatever, just pick one and do it. #nevertrustaknottie 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    @CopperBoom86 I agree! When you're unhappy at work, it does effect your happiness at home. Especially when you have to pretend all day to be happy at work and when you come home you just need to talk about it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @emmaaa - Huge congrats to your DH! Happiness at work is essential for happiness at home! 

@Knottie1456760197 - Stahhhhp accusing the regs of being upset. It's annoying. Let's all just move on. And seeeee, it's more fun being a regular poster, amiright?! Now go make a personalized username and profile pic and you're well on your way to "reg" status! ........ Orrrrr shrink back into the shadows. Whatever, just pick one and do it. #nevertrustaknottie 

Buttttttt its been really entertaining.  I feel like people on here do not read at all.  That was the first time I said the regs were upset.  If you read the other posts, you would've actually seen where MRSCORKER, emmaaa, mrszoess said I was upset.  I've just been clarifying that I'm not since my original post is still being entertained.  Its more fun being a knottie, keeps everyone else on their toes.
  • Options
    I really can't help but like this girl. Or guy... or...? What is a knottie REALLY anyway?
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    I really can't help but like this girl. Or guy... or...? What is a knottie REALLY anyway?
    Except now he/she is purposely trolling. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I know, I'm sorry. I just let my boredom get the best of me sometimes... Forgive me? 
  • Options
    coffee89 said:
    MRSCORKER said:
    coffee89 said:
    @UponAStar16 YES! I was so excited to see brain parts and the hemispheres. The only pictures we got was her looking directly at us so it's a creepy skeleton face.
    Why do they all do the creepy skeleton face?! 
    Idk but I think it's cruel (to me, because it's scary - I don't think the baby cares how she looks)
    We got lovely profile shots of DS, this time I got 3 of the same skeleton face.
    Same here.  I don't get any profiles and always get a skeleton face that looks slightly demonic.  My husband said to ask for a profile next time because we have such a cute one of DS but I feel bad since their job isn't fetal photographer but just to assess the health.  
  • Options
    subject change but my belly is in charge today and one of the defense attorneys now calls me preggo. I finally feel like this situation is real. (pgal brain always creeping in) 
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid - We could never be mad at you! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Daaaawe shucks ♡ haha
  • Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    So I finally bought some denim overall shorts off Motherhood last week. They came yesterday and don't fit at all. Even if I ordered a size up, they'd be weird fitting. I'm so disappointed because I was so excited for them to get here.

Plus side, I also ordered one of their v-neck tshirts and it is amazing! I'm going to get more of them
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    emmaaa said:
    So I finally bought some denim overall shorts off Motherhood last week. They came yesterday and don't fit at all. Even if I ordered a size up, they'd be weird fitting. I'm so disappointed because I was so excited for them to get here.

Plus side, I also ordered one of their v-neck tshirts and it is amazing! I'm going to get more of them
    I already own so many of these v-necks... they're the best!
  • Options
    Yes, those Motherhood v-necks give me life!!! Their stuff is pricey, but definitely worth it. I bought some maternity jeans from Old Navy and they suuuuuuuck compared to my Motherhood jeans and crops! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Omg I was 95 comments behind. I started trying to catch up, but am feeling lazy and gave up and skipped to the end. Anyways, I'm super pumped I met a woman this morning and bought an entire bag of mat clothes for $45. I can't wait to go home and sort through them to see if there's anything good.
  • Options
    Another vote for the Motherhood vnecks. I'm wearing one today! And I love Jessica Simpson's jeans from there. Also wearing those today. It's like my uniform. 
  • Options
    Another vote for the Motherhood vnecks. I'm wearing one today! And I love Jessica Simpson's jeans from there. Also wearing those today. It's like my uniform. 
    YES! The Jessica Simpson jeans!!!! Once each pair wears out, I know my size, walk in and grab another. No need to try on and they fit perfectly. They're stuff can be pricey and really isn't my style (why are all maternity clothes so bright and floral?! Give me leopard and black lol), but I don't mind shelling out the extra dough for a great fitting pair of jeans. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    I have a GD/Glucose test question... Does everyone get the glucose test and then they make you do the 3 hour one if you fail the first or do you only have to do the first if they detect glucose in your urine? 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    MRSCORKER said:
    I have a GD/Glucose test question... Does everyone get the glucose test and then they make you do the 3 hour one if you fail the first or do you only have to do the first if they detect glucose in your urine? 
    My understanding is that everyone does the one hour and you only do the three hour if you fail. 
    @mrscorker I went straight to the 3 hour because my blood test showed I had high blood sugar. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    CaptainPhasmaCaptainPhasma member
    edited May 2016
    Apologies in advance, I might be bringing the thread down but I have to vent somewhere.

My grandmother is in the hospital.

She is my last living grandparent. She is fiercely independent, still lives on her own, walks on the treadmill every day, I always joke that she'll outlive all her grandkids. Today she was driving to the doctor's office and she got T-boned, sent to the hospital with a hemorrhagic stroke. I went and saw her before work, she's got right side weakness, right side facial paralysis, and can't speak.

They stopped the bleed, the neurologist said symptoms may reverse but we won't know for about 24 hours, but also asked us about her wishes, like if she would want to be intubation or live with hemipareses, which we know she would not want any of that. 

And meanwhile I have to weigh whether I should use a sick day to be with her tomorrow, which means one less paid day off for maternity leave and I hate that I even have to make that calculation.