October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (May 23)

Re: Weekly Randoms (May 23)

• Options
    Pro tip those of you looking for the N16 drama: look for the threads that either say "closed" beneath the title or whose last post was made by BumpAdmin. 

Yes! I always feel like I've struck gold when I see most recent by BumpAdmin!  >:)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Kaessi - sorry to jump in, but just wanted to say it's totally normal. And it's probably a lot more common in people with your situation, who have accepted the possibility of childlessness & made peace with it. I think the more established your life & relationship is there's more anxiety. 

Also wanted to say to not be surprised if after baby is here, you feel a little wistfulness for how things used to be with just the 2 of you. If it turns into resentfulness it's ok to have those feelings, but be sure to bring it up with your doctor & get some help/support if you need it.

Newborns are hard. But it really does get so much better after the adjustment period. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid @RainMira9e After sobbing to DH and feeling anxious all last night, I finally got in touch with the nurse around noon today and she said my results were normal.  Ugh, I know it's great news but I can't believe I had to go through all that to get it!
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• Options
    KaessiKaessi member
    Thank you for your honest words @NoraAurora! And thanks for the reassurance that it's normal. I do have a lot of anxiety for sure!
  • Options
    scostel2scostel2 member
    edited May 2016
    @Julia70286
    The Bachelor/ette are my fav guilty pleasure shows. I can't believe she kept Santa. Like REALLY, Santa??? 
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Hahaha! @scostel2 I'm not too surprised... he took a risk! And SHE wore a UNICORN head last season lol! He's not bad looking under the beard though!

ETA: I can't believe she kept the drunk belly button poker!
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    I have never been able to get into the Bachelor/ette :( I feel like I should be watching it as a good Packer fan, just because of Aaron Rodger's brother, but that's all I've got.

I do however love Game of Thrones. Except for right now, because right now I'm still devastated emotionally by the latest episode. I'll say no more in the name of spoiler alerts.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @Blonde1817 First and foremost, yay!!! That's awesome news! Second, it's okay to be upset over it though, something siMilan happened to me and it left me bitter until I heard back finally. But it armed me with some helpful "don't panic" experience and advice to offer ;)

@annabenanna @Julia70286 Richard will be my favorite forever, weird sister relationship or not! FI and I are going to suck it up and finish t now.
  • Options
    @SuperNerd42 I was so upset about the latest GoT episode.  I was on my way home from our NYC babymoon/mini weekend trip and caught up on it and Outlander. I was just a crying mess on the train.
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    @annabenanna ... Yes, you are a crazy person  :p seriously though, my husband wishes I was amazing enough to consider that. I hardly consider camping even before I got KU... Soooo  :)
  • Options
    So how's this for pregnancy brain: we watched GoT last night and I already forget what happened that was so awful. Ohhhh wait...the episode was called The Door. 
  • Options
    @annabenanna The only thing I'd be concerned about is heat...how hot will it be where you are at 29 weeks?! My hubs wants to camp this summer (something I don't care for while not pregnant, but the things we do for our partners...), and I said as long as there's A/C!! Not sure if it's happening... ;) But, if you have comfy enough bedding, and are okay with the weather, I don't think it would be awful... Though, the cabins near the bathrooms may be just what a prego lady wants on her third middle of the night pee break!! 
  • Options
    Ugh, I hate noisy neighbors!  Ours aren't noisy... they just like to juice at 5AM, and on weekends, sing Bruno Mars karaoke (over and over and over again), if it's not Bruno Mars it's Maroon 5.  Gonna shoot myself.

Ladies, do you think i'm CRAZY to plan a camping trip at 29 weeks pregnant?  SO has been wanting to go... I found like those cabins in a campground that's super sparse...and I think it would be a good compromise, except the only 3 available are like right next to the showers and bathrooms... I think that woudl suck..

So i'm thinking of just doing the tent sites.  Am I crazy?
    My first tent camping experience ever was this pregnancy (13 weeks). It was still chilly then even in GA (we were on Jekyll Island near FL border) so my only complaint was having to walk to the bathhouse in the middle of the night when I was peeing constantly.  We went again a couple weeks ago and stayed on Tybee Island near Savannah, GA.  It was in the mid 80's and a little toasty but manageable.  I'm sure I have at least one more trip this pregnancy, most likely near Asheville, NC or somewhere in the Blue Ridge. My DH loves being outdoors and I love the value.  We are a short drive from a lot of NC, SC, and GA beaches and the mountains in NC and TN, so camping helps us stay on budget while we save for baby and still get our weekend trip fix. 
  • Options
    @annabenanna we have a camper and went camping a few weeks ago. It was really nice EXCEPT for having to pee frequently. Squatting in the woods whilst looking for strangers is hard. It's just irritating when there are more frequent potty trips. Other than that, so peaceful and so worth it. Just pack lots of water & bug spray!
  • Options
    We have a camping trip coming the start of June and another in July. We have a camper though with a toilet, heat & AC, otherwise it would be a non starter for me. As it is I've camped more pregnant & with a baby than I have in my other life trips combined. 

Ive got deet, permethrin spray for clothes & other surfaces, as well as bug repellent infused clothing because I'm crazy. Sigh. 
  • Options
    It's almost 11PM and DS won't go to sleep and it's driving me insane! He napped today, so I knew regular bedtime was shot. Even so, he usually goes down by 10PM on nap days. Not today. He keeps flopping side to side and won't settle down. Did I mention he nurses to sleep and the nipple aversion is INTENSE right now?  :#

• Options
    oooooh @kmolleltz god I hope so lol
  • Options
    I got up this morning, half asleep and looking like a mangy lion, to go to publix right when they opened to get my cheesecake craving on! Only to get home and take a bite of what turned out to be Key Lime flavored cheesecake. I wanted plain.  :|
    Me: 26 ; FI: 27
    DS1: 5 ; DS2: 4m
    Baby #3 Due 9/7/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I want to go camping! I want to just go live in the woods, become the high priestess of the meadow and befriend all of the woodland creatures...
    I'm totally trying off the grid living when my kids are grown. If FI doesn't like it he can kick rocks!
  • Options
    I'm going to pretent to be a catfish pretending to not be a catfish. We could use the excitement, I'll start by not doing anything any differently ;)
  • Options
    Did anyone else follow the Casey Anthony trial? I watched pretty much all of it. I saw this article this morning... 

https://wfla.com/2016/05/24/former-investigator-casey-anthonys-lawyer-said-casey-murdered-caylee-dumped-body/

What a disgusting excuse for a human being! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @uponastar16 I have been thinking this the whole time. Poor baby with no internet! I would be bored out of my skull. But of course baby has my near-constant Netflix to listen to at least, right?

• Options
    I feel super productive this morning, I got up early and got shit done, and now I'm going to go shave my albino Sasquatch body and make myself feel pretty before I knock out all the housework that I plan to have done before noon.
    SUPERSTAR.

• Options
    suzy311suzy311 member
    @SuperNerd42 @Piperella I can't even think about that episode of GoT or I start getting weepy. The show is so far beyond the books now that I can't even prepare myself for the sadness! Though I also cried when two certain people met & hugged at the Wall last week so apparently my tears just flow no matter what.

@annabenanna I looove camping and would probably go if I were you! Though squatting in the woods could get tricky while trying to keep your balance at 29 weeks...haha
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    I did basically nothing today unlike superstar @Allythekid (it's my off dayyyyyyyyyyyyyy) BUT I did finally sit down an write a ridiculously overdue blog which I am proud of myself for doing. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    @kmolleltz - I vote YES. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kmolleltz , i vote yes too! :)

@LMNOBaby, Camping with AC.  Gosh, I wish!  I'd totally do it.  

@MKJeffrey2002 , i'm so jealous you've been to Tybee Island!  It's on my must-visit list.  SO was born and raised in Atlanta, so I've been bugging him to take me there.

@sjo&thetwins - I can totally see it, trying to squat, while pregnant and looking for strangers.  Doesn't sound fun at all!  But it sounds better than, hovering over a dirty toilet in a tiny little stall.  

@NoraAurora - Oooooh, Permethrin!  I'm tempted to get that again to treat our clothes.  I've not done any research though if it's safe for pregnant mothers.  Did you do a little research?

@suzy311 - You weren't alone crying watching the last episode of GOT.  I even cried during the Sir Jorah scene!!!  And I don't like him that much!
  • Options
    I would offer but I'm an idiot. I need a thread I like, like tmi I'm good at LOL
  • Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    DID IT. 
    go volunteer or something, hah
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    NoraAuroraNoraAurora member
    edited May 2016
    @annabenanna - I swear I thought I saw something but now I'm not finding it (re: permethrin) :( 

ETA but I'm glad you asked b/c I'm probably not going to use it now unless I find something
  • Options
    Its funny to me how people on here talk about non regs.  Posting something on here daily doesn't make you any different than anyone else.  Just because I don't feel the need to comment regularly doesn't mean I'm not a regular.  Sometimes I just like to take in the information. 
  • Options
    @kmolleltz This is a rare occurrence for me these days, its like a personal solstice or something... Lately I have had the attention span of a gold fish and the tenacity of a three toed sloth so I'm proud of myself ;)
    Enjoy your day off! Do all the nothing!

@knottie1456760197 There there dear, don't you fret.
  • Options
    Its funny to me how people on here talk about non regs.  Posting something on here daily doesn't make you any different than anyone else.  Just because I don't feel the need to comment regularly doesn't mean I'm not a regular.  Sometimes I just like to take in the information. 
    A "regular" refers to a "regular poster." Posting regularly literally makes you a regular poster. 

This has been said many times before, but this is a community. You get what you give. If you want a place to just "take in information," google would suffice. The purpose of TB is to get to know people. That entails more than just soaking up information. (Random example, but it's the first one that came to mind...) Would you continuously go to pot-luck dinners empty handed claiming to want to "take it in." Probably not! You would feel obligated to make contributions, just like everyone else. That's kind of how this works. The "regs" are considered "regs" because they kindly GIVE and take. 

I was a lurker, "non-reg," or whatever you want to call it on TTGP for months and trust me, making contributions and getting to know these fabulous women is way better! 
    Pregnancy Ticker