October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms (May 23)

Re: Weekly Randoms (May 23)

• Gahhh I've been out doing aka supervising community service with work all morning. I feel like I have so much to catch up on. 

Props to getting the weekly threads back in order. #clappinghandsemoji 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Its funny to me how people on here talk about non regs.  Posting something on here daily doesn't make you any different than anyone else.  Just because I don't feel the need to comment regularly doesn't mean I'm not a regular.  Sometimes I just like to take in the information. 
    Cool story bro, thanks for the insight. 

@CopperBoom86 PERFECT analogy! 

Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Loading the player...
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    @Knottie1456760197 ... It's about giving and receiving support. Not just acting as a sponge. 

Well said @CopperBoom86
  • Why do all of the Knottie usernames make silly posts?
    THIS IS WHAT I WAS THINKING.
    At first I thought it was always the same person then I realized the numbers are different haha
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • kmolleltz said:
    Why do all of the Knottie usernames make silly posts?
    THIS IS WHAT I WAS THINKING.
    At first I thought it was always the same person then I realized the numbers are different haha
    If you don't care enough to make a unique username....
  • I just lurked through the strep b thread, and reading about flora, I thought it sounded like a meadow with daisies were blooming down there.  Slightly disappointed when thinking of the reality of it, though.
  • ummm. Why is the bump suddenly giving me "are you a robot" captchas all the time? Any one else? 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Its funny to me how people on here talk about non regs.  Posting something on here daily doesn't make you any different than anyone else.  Just because I don't feel the need to comment regularly doesn't mean I'm not a regular.  Sometimes I just like to take in the information. 
    A "regular" refers to a "regular poster." Posting regularly literally makes you a regular poster. 

This has been said many times before, but this is a community. You get what you give. If you want a place to just "take in information," google would suffice. The purpose of TB is to get to know people. That entails more than just soaking up information. (Random example, but it's the first one that came to mind...) Would you continuously go to pot-luck dinners empty handed claiming to want to "take it in." Probably not! You would feel obligated to make contributions, just like everyone else. That's kind of how this works. The "regs" are considered "regs" because they kindly GIVE and take. 

I was a lurker, "non-reg," or whatever you want to call it on TTGP for months and trust me, making contributions and getting to know these fabulous women is way better! 

Well, searching google actually brought me here.  I did not realize this is a place where I cannot obtain information without having to post religiously.  Thanks for enlightening me.
    A "regular" refers to a "regular poster." Posting regularly literally makes you a regular poster. 

This has been said many times before, but this is a community. You get what you give. If you want a place to just "take in information," google would suffice. The purpose of TB is to get to know people. That entails more than just soaking up information. (Random example, but it's the first one that came to mind...) Would you continuously go to pot-luck dinners empty handed claiming to want to "take it in." Probably not! You would feel obligated to make contributions, just like everyone else. That's kind of how this works. The "regs" are considered "regs" because they kindly GIVE and take. 

I was a lurker, "non-reg," or whatever you want to call it on TTGP for months and trust me, making contributions and getting to know these fabulous women is way better! 

Well, searching google actually brought me here.  I did not realize this is a place where I cannot obtain information without having to post religiously.  Thanks for enlightening me.
    You can take in as much information as you want, but don't call yourself a regular.  
  • @Knottie1456760197 No one's saying that you can't just lurk. That's totally fine if that's the experience you want! We're just saying that if you come to a community group, you can't be part of a community if you don't participate. That's how a community works.    
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • if you don't chat don't get upset nobody knows you. hth! 
  • mrszoess said:
    if you don't chat don't get upset nobody knows you. hth! 

I don't recall saying I was upset.  I had just read a post and thought it was funny and petty. 

@CopperBoom86 No hating here, just had a thought about a petty comment.  I have no problem being a lurker if that is the category I fall into.  Its quite entertaining reading the back and forth on here along with the labels.

• NoraAuroraNoraAurora member
    edited May 2016
    I feel like knottie's post is either a) a weird attempt to stir up drama or b) belongs in UO thread. 

Either way- it was random, and I guess this is a random thread. So...congrats on that?

ETA: also, is that string of numbers your phone number knottie? 
  • duckmayduckmay member
    Well, @kmolleltz ? Are you a robot?
    M/C 4/2013
    E born 6/2014
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I feel like knottie's post is either a) a weird attempt to stir up drama or b) belongs in UO thread. 

Either way- it was random, and I guess this is a random thread. So...congrats on that?

ETA: also, is that string of numbers your phone number knottie? 
    Nope, its my social.  But shhhh, don't tell anyone.
    I like her.
  • I like her.
    Yeah, too bad she only wants to "take it in." 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so confused, what names do we call each other? every online community has regular members or "regs". no one is being exclusive. when you converse with the same people every day and recognize names it's a community. isn't that the link you clicked on to get here? 
  • Ha! Maybe I'm just immature, but I'm upset nobody else like @Piperella 's comment...
  • ibabyloveb87ibabyloveb87 member
    edited May 2016
    Ha! Maybe I'm just immature, but I'm upset nobody else like @Piperella 's comment...
    Ummm I totally just did. I was on a walk earlier and missed it. I'm definitely immature sometimes  :)

edited to add 
  • Anyone here take cal-mag for headaches?

• @UponAStar16 YES! I was so excited to see brain parts and the hemispheres. The only pictures we got was her looking directly at us so it's a creepy skeleton face.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • I need to get my backyard together before DS's birthday in 3 weeks. Someone come rake and pull weeds with me? We bought a foreclosure and the lawn has been neglected for a while and I just keep overlooking that area. DH doesn't seem to think we need to do any work.

• coffee89 said:
    @UponAStar16 YES! I was so excited to see brain parts and the hemispheres. The only pictures we got was her looking directly at us so it's a creepy skeleton face.
    Why do they all do the creepy skeleton face?! 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• MRSCORKER said:
    coffee89 said:
    @UponAStar16 YES! I was so excited to see brain parts and the hemispheres. The only pictures we got was her looking directly at us so it's a creepy skeleton face.
    Idk but I think it's cruel (to me, because it's scary - I don't think the baby cares how she looks)
  • MRSCORKER said:
    coffee89 said:
    Idk but I think it's cruel (to me, because it's scary - I don't think the baby cares how she looks)
    We got lovely profile shots of DS, this time I got 3 of the same skeleton face.

• BTDT mamas with boys... I have this irrational fear that my little guy won't need his mommy as much or will only want daddy. Tell me I'm being silly!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @TurtleMomma I take cal-mag + vitamin D for headaches and it works most of the time.  I have one pop up here and there since I've been taking it, but those usually clear up after a glass of water or a small cup of coffee.

@mrscorker DS is way more attached to me than DH, it may change as he grows older, but so far he is the sweetest mamas boy.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mommym234 Thanks for that! I know I'm being silly. I mean, I'm the one with the boobs and the milk so I have that going for me! Lol

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Hehehe @RainMira9e Hoed. I didn't really read past that first line, I was giggling so much. :) 

Oh dear, I mean, I'm about to be a mother...
  • @MRSCORKER My two-year-old is definitely more attached to me than to my husband - sometimes to the point where he hurts my husband's feelings by telling him to go away.  It'll probably change when he's a little older, but for now, he's definitely a mama's boy.