May 2016 Moms
Options

3rd Tri/Labor Impending Symptoms **Updated**

1222324252628»

Re: 3rd Tri/Labor Impending Symptoms **Updated**

• Options
    clbnessclbness member
    Woke up with some cramping this morning and went to the bathroom and lost my MP.  I was beginning to think I would never lose that dang thing.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last night before bed I was having pains that felt like someone was stabbing me in the cervix. Crossed my fingers that meant something... but they stopped, and I'm still pregnant today.

Ugh.
  • Options
    clbnessclbness member
    After I lost the MP yesterday morning, I had the bloody show all day yesterday and today. At my appointment today, I moved up to 90% and 1.5 cm and the doctor decided to strip my membranes. Ever since she did that, I've been bleeding, contracting and cramping like a mofo. 

• Options
    My chiropractor noticed a change in how easy I was to adjust, speculated that it's the relaxin surge before birth. I'm trying not to latch onto the idea of not going overdue. 
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    VS2016VS2016 member
    @mrstmoose how exciting! Good luck!!
  • Options
    js8812js8812 member
  • Options
    This whole symptoms game is brutal.  On Tuesday evening I started having contractions that were frequent but irregular (2-3 minutes apart if I was moving, 8-9 minutes if I laid down) but they never got any stronger or closer so I went to bed.  I didn't sleep well (mostly due to excitement and wondering if it would turn into something!) and the same pattern continued through Wed.  I had a regularly scheduled midwife appointment anyway so I went to see her and tell her what was going on.  They hooked me up to the monitor and baby is doing fine, my contractions were about  8-9 minutes apart and I had dilated to 4 cm (up from 3 cm last week).  So, my body is doing something it just isn't going into labor.  Spending 24 hours obsessing over every contraction is a mind trip and I am so freaking exhausted.  The contractions have all but stopped now and I am determined to not pay any more attention to them until they get serious!  I hate feeling so anxious about this, it feels really out of character for me, but this waiting game is tough going!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    TinaThoTinaTho member
    Blood pressure is suddenly an issue. 

Went from being 100-105/60-70 the entire pregnancy to 124/70 on Wednesday and then 134/84 last night (not take at a doctors office). I had been told on Wednesday to call in if I had symptoms of high blood pressure (headache, nausea, severe pain on right side, swelling)... I don't really - I mean I've been nauseous for weeks on and off and continue to be so but its not severe and was occurring before BP issues. But I'm starting to freak out over it (probably not good for said BP). They hadn't told me to monitor it, I just happened to see my father last night for a last minute Infant CPR course and he's a volunteer EMT. He got the same results 3 times- its possible that the differentiation has to do with his gauge but obviously he's been trained on it. They had said they get concerned when 140/90. LO is due to arrive via c-section on 5/25/16 independent of BP. 

I know you are not doctors...but would you call in to your office after doing monitoring they didn't ask you to do? In theory, I should currently be blissfully unaware that it crept up higher last night. 

• Options
    TinaThoTinaTho member
    @Jenly17 Thanks...you are right.

Of course I posted that and 5 minutes later decided to call. 

Rechecking today, if I hit 140 or 90 in any variation I was told to go to the hospital right away for evaluation- and ultimately LO's eviction.

Perhaps LO wants to share a birthday with her Aunt (it's tomorrow). At least my doctor is on call for the weekend, so if it happens a few days early it is okay with me.
  • Options

DH and I went to the movies last night for what might be our last date before baby, and I had three real contractions- not BH. He said "are you sure you don't just have to poop?" ... honey this isn't my first rodeo lol ... but of course they vanished as soon as they appeared. I'm just glad to have something happening.

BFP 1: 9/15/2013 | DD 5/23/2014
    BFP 2: 9/15/2015 | EDD 5/26/2016

• Options
    I am now officially past due. Lost MP last week and according to Dr. I'm between 4.5-5cm dilated and 90% effaced and he's down very low. Had contractions all day yesterday and last night they got to 5 minutes apart for 30 minutes. I called the hospital (I live about 45 minutes away), they told me come in and as soon we got to the parking lot everything just stopped so they monitored me for about 45 minutes and then discharged me. I'm starting to think this little guy just likes playing tricks on us.

Of course everyone at the hospital is saying I should cancel my next appointment on Wednesday because there's no way I'm making it past the weekend. I just wanted tell them all to shut up because the doctor at my appointment last Monday said she's be surprised if I made it to the end of the week. Monday I was the same dilation but 75% effaced so yay progress I guess?
  • Options
    @TinaTho Just for comparison's sake, my blood pressure has been consistently at about 130/80 for weeks now, and my doc has said there is no reason to worry... that is not considered high. If it's not normal for you, i'd for sure call just so they know, but I wouldn't get too worried about it until it hits that 140/90 mark.
  • Options
    MercielMerciel member
    Update for me: doesn't look like the membrane sweep actually moved me any closer to labor (although I guess there's still a half day for it to be "effective"). Prior to the sweep I was about 5 cm dilated, having contractions regularly every 6 minutes, baby's station either -1 or 0, effacement > 60% (didn't get an exact number).

Immediately after the sweep I started having consistent, hard, painful "real" contractions, so I got all excited and ran some errands and then went home to see if anything would happen...

...aaand after several hours of this, it all just went poof. I've had some spotting and sporadic painful contractions but they're not doing anything or progressing. No increase in severity (at least no regular increase), no regularity in timing, it's just as if I'd traded about 15-20% of my previously painless BH contractions for painful "real" ones. Which is NOT a good trade and has left me basically incapable of doing much of anything besides lying down and being useless. I can't even write like this.

At this point I'm thoroughly convinced nothing useful is going to happen until the induction date on Monday. I really didn't (and still don't) want to be induced, but clearly nothing else is going to work to kick out the tiny alien.