July 2016 Moms
Options

Week of 4/25 Randoms

Re: Week of 4/25 Randoms

• Options
    @Shelby00519 That's so sad! I hope she heals quickly 
  • Options
    @Shelby00519  I'm sorry! That is the WORST. My little girl had surgery last year and was in tons of pain and quietly crying. She didn't find any comfort in being snuggled by me which was heartbreaking. Keep a close eye on her and don't be afraid to bug your vet. My little one ended up with a bad reaction to the pain meds and it turned into a big deal. I recommend a blankie over her kennel to get it dark and quiet for her to rest. I hope she heals quick!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish I had DH go and pick her up I've never heard a dog scream like that before. She's still not laying down but she's sitting, not crying anymore and I got her to eat some food. I moved her kennel next to the couch and told DH I'm sleeping out here with her tonight. I'm hoping she'll fall asleep soon and sleep away most of the pain. 
  • Options
    I swear one of these days I'm going to have the time and energy to actively participate on this board again.

I should save this for the weekend bitchfest but Saturday is 2 days too far away and I'm feeling all kinds of ragey right now. I don't use social media, but just found out that my MIL posted an announcement about my pregnancy on her Facebook page last weekend. It included baby's name (which was supposed to be kept a secret aside from immediate family until after his birth) and one of the ultrasound photos from my anatomy scan which shows all of my personal information.

I had a rough day mentally today, and then I came home from work late this evening only to find out about that. I'm just feeling really disrespected. I don't know whether I want to cry, break shit, or eat an entire carton of ice cream right now.
  • Options
    @Shelby00519 I too have heard that scream that you mentioned and it is heartbreaking. Hope your little pup is feeling better soon and that you're both able to relax this weekend!
  • Options
    My husband and I are having the discussion about visitors at the hospital this weekend with his parents.  Pretty basic requests from me: no visitors at all for at least four hours and possibly longer depending on how I am recovering/feeling, no overnight guests at our house / no guests in our house while we are at the hospital.  DH is on board with everything, his only request is that his parents get to see the baby at some point in the hospital. 

I don't think it will go well, but they really can't do anything about it.  We decided to not do any social media announcements with my pregnancy (privacy, safety, numerous other reasons) and his Dad was livid.  He is on Facebook 24/7 posting random things about his day.  At least his has respected our wishes, but we will probably have to remind him again that we don't want any posts about the birth of the baby.

It's probably the weird pregnancy hormones, but I can't decide if I am excited for or dreading this conversation. 
  • Options
    @hreed7289 good luck! I'm putting that conversation and the TDaP booster conversation off until after our shower so I don't have to do it in person. 

• Options
    @elenabrent thanks!  Totally forgot about the TDAP booster convo, so thanks for reminding me! Might as well roll it all together...
  • Options
    @hreed7289 Is this your first? If so, I'd think about not telling them when you go to the hospital unless you need them to watch pets/kids. I thought I'd feel that way too with DD, but visiting hours were going to be closing for the night, so we called parents about an hour and a half after delivery and they got a short visit that evening before we asked them to go.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @whataboutscience it is my first and the first grandchild on either side.  I would love to not tell them when we are going to the hospital, but the plan above was the best compromise DH and I could come up with. Personally  I don't even want people in the waiting room because the thought of having people waiting around for something that could take hours/days makes me not be able to relax and feel rushed.  When DH suggested they wait/stay at our house I quickly agreed to the waiting room... his parents are not ideal guests and tend to leave places much messier than when they arrive.  I am trying to compromise with DH because I don't want him to feel like I'm completely shutting his family out, but I don't think he understands that birth is not rainbows and butterflies with a baby at the end.

I do like that you brought up you thought you'd feel this way and then felt differently - maybe I will too.  Who knows!

• Options
    @shelby00519 How is your pooch feeling today?
  • Options
    I'm helping my husband study because he has a exam for a city job he applied for next week. I'm stressing about it more than he is because it would be a HUGE step up for him/us/our family and I just really want it to go well. Luckily/unluckily for him I was a great student and a tutor so I'm studying and quizzing him all week! Ahhh good thoughts!
  • Options
    @hreed7289 We were very clear about not being in the waiting room with family. It was so odd to MIL that despite her seeming to understand and agree, she would later bring up being in the waiting room and we had to have the conversation a few times. They did end up all respecting our wishes. Only someone we didn't expect popped up in the waiting room and I assumed it was MIL since the nurse didn't have a name. I just told the nurse that our family was told to wait for a call and they could ignore whoever it was and we tried to forget about it. Later we found out who it was and were surprised to hear they showed up, but they disappeared without a fuss as far as we know. I have to say if you really think you want time with the baby, that's going to be much more difficult with them sitting in the waiting room right there. We explained to family DH's job was to be there for me and they would be getting zero information about the delivery until we called and were ready to have visitors so not to bother calling or texting. I think I made him turn his phone off.

Once we both had time to hold DD and meet her though, I was surprised to be excited to show her off, so we ended up not needing as much time as we thought. She did get a bath, we were transferred to our new room, and I had time to nurse her first before we called to invite anyone over though. If it was the middle of the night, they would have waited until morning though since visitors are only allowed at all hours in L&D and I was not ready for them right away. The grandparents did get a million pictures of them with her before any of us realized DH and I had no pictures with her yet and offered to take them. MIL made such a big deal out of how they didn't make sure we had a family photo yet that I didn't even care.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I bought some of my postpartum goodies this weekend. Tucks pads with witch hazel, Always Infinity overnight pads, colace, big ugly underwear, what else am I forgetting?
    Girl, you're going to want something more heavy duty than an overnight infinity pad for the first bit of PP. 
  • Options
    I like to hear all your thoughts on waiting rooms/visitors/etc. My husbands family expects everyone to be welcome in the room after birth including all the little kids. I shot that down REAL quick. I doubt most hospitals even allow that. He does feel strongly about both sets of grandparents being there after he's born to visit but I would really prefer to wait and see how I feel and have the visit at home when I am ready. 
  • Options
    I like to hear all your thoughts on waiting rooms/visitors/etc. My husbands family expects everyone to be welcome in the room after birth including all the little kids. I shot that down REAL quick. I doubt most hospitals even allow that. He does feel strongly about both sets of grandparents being there after he's born to visit but I would really prefer to wait and see how I feel and have the visit at home when I am ready. 
    There's a thread for those opinions already, I believe. It was discussed awhile ago. 
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace ah sorry, I meant that I am enjoying hearing the back and forth going on in this current thread. I wasn't trying to ask for advice or anything... And what pads do you recommend?? I kept hearing about those ones, only reason I bought 'em.
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace  Awesome thank you! If PP bleeding is anything like my periods I am screwed so I appreciate the recommendation.
  • Options
    @theshannondee you might want to check with your hospital but I'm pretty sure the little kids are no unless they're siblings. The last time a baby was born in my family (12 years ago) no children were allowed. But times change so it might be different now!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    Kellyj103 said:
    @theshannondee you might want to check with your hospital but I'm pretty sure the little kids are no unless they're siblings. The last time a baby was born in my family (12 years ago) no children were allowed. But times change so it might be different now!
    I had my first at Mass General and little kids were allowed. My sister has also had four kids at another smaller regional hospital, no problem with lil ones there either. 

The he hospital in delivering in this time says no non-sibling children under 12. Depends from hospital to hospital. 
  • Options
    Usually flu season influences the no one under 12 rule. July isn't flu season so theorhetically you should be fine. Even beyond hospital rules certain units have visiting policies- my unit is no kids under 18 ever no matter what. May want to check particularly with the l&d unit you'll be on. 
  • Options
    @shelby00519 How is your pooch feeling today?
    She's doing good! She went to the vet this am and they made her a special cone because she kept licking her stitches. She spent most of the day at the car lot with me and she just kept trying to play and run. It was a pain because she needs to be taking it easy but at least it doesn't seem like she's in pain anymore.
  • Options
    @theshannondee When I delivered DD (1.5 years ago) my hospital allowed kids. There happened to be a respiratory virus rampant in the schools in our area that made them place a temporary ban on anyone under 18 though, so none of DH's siblings could come since he is by far the oldest. Since then my hospital now doesn't allow children under 12 unless they are siblings of the baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    The random vomiting is back... Great... 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @jjtruffles I'm sooo sorry you have to put up with that. My MIL did the same thing minus the ultrasound pic (probably because I won't send her a copy of any of them). She also posted that we're having a boy before we had a chance to tell  our loved ones and not long ago posted the name we had chosen. I'm mostly upset about the name because its the only one we really liked/ agreed on, and now it feels tainted and I don't want to use it. 

I agree you should have her remove the post, but sometimes dealing with family is easier said than done. MH didn't want to ask my MIL to remove hers because she has a history of flying off the handle at little things, so I just sit and seethe about it. If it's going to drive you crazy you're better off saying something, and like PPs have mentioned, setting boundaries. As a result of her actions, we've agreed that she will not get photos or personal details about the baby until after we announce ourselves, which unfortunately means none of his family will receive anything, because they will send them to her. It's shitty, but we want it done on our own terms. It's your news to share, not hers. 
  • Options
    @TattoosandLace  Awesome thank you! If PP bleeding is anything like my periods I am screwed so I appreciate the recommendation.
    No problem. Us mommas have to stick together. I wear the orange infinities during my normal period. The poise pads were my friends PP. I wouldn't have trusted the infinities at first. 
  • Options
    I love my Inlaws! they (with the exception of my dad) are closer to me than my blood family. They are a blessing. That includes all six of DH's sisters and his brother. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How's this for random? I dreamed last night that @noelietrex was my upstairs neighbor and I felt bad because I'm always saying how much I hate my upstairs neighbors. I bet she would make a way better neighbor than the ones I have to suffer with in real life.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations