July 2016 Moms
Options

Week of 4/25 Randoms

Re: Week of 4/25 Randoms

• Options
    @Schmooie730 I hope your car is ok, but if not, you can't go wrong with a CR-V! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jlmartinez517 my mom has a CRV and she loooooves it! She got her first CRV when I was in high school and had it up until last year when she got a new 2016 CRV. I'm sure you will love it too!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    @jlmartinez517 I just got my mom mobile and it's a CR-V! I freaking love it. 
  • Options
    Yay! @benten24 @Kellyj103 I'm so bad at making big decisions, but seeing your posts made me feel even better about getting one! Waiting to sign the papers now :)
  • Options
    Is there no Friday Ticker Change thread? And why did it take me over 30 weeks to realize that?
  • Options
    LadyFleck said:
    Is there no Friday Ticker Change thread? And why did it take me over 30 weeks to realize that?
    Someone has to create it..it could be you. ;)
  • Options
    LadyFleck said:
    Someone has to create it..it could be you. ;)

I seriously thought I just missed it every week because I am so spaced out by the time Friday comes around and then I finally went looking for it and thought, WTF? Who knows.....maybe a new thread will show up this Friday ;-)
  • Options
    I couldn't find this anywhere else, but is anyone else planning on kicking their pets out of the bedroom before the baby comes? I know my cats will try to sleep in the bassinet with her so I want them out of the room during the first couple months. I don't know when to start closing the door though. They cry all night if I shut the door so I know I need to make sure they are used to it before the baby comes. I don't want crying cats and a crying baby. 
  • Options
    benten24benten24 member
    edited April 2016
    @LadyFleck we've had a few Friday ticker changes, I think most of us Friday girls just don't respond to it, oops. Have at creating the thread this Friday!

@shaylalr I'm not kicking my dog out, she'll stay in the bed with us just like always. I've heard for cats you can put tinfoil into the crib/bassinet/whatever you don't want them on before baby is born and they'll hate it, therefore not jumping into those places anymore. No kitties over here so idk how reliable that is, but it may be worth a try if they cry when you shut them out of the room. 

• Options
    I'm all freaked out. My boss went for and received a promotion, which is awesome for her but leaves me in a scary, unsettled place. She and I had already hammered out what my schedule would look like upon my return to work. What is going to happen now?! The child care I'm trying to secure is dependent on me being able to work from home some, and work afternoons and evenings some. I'm really concerned that whoever replaces her is going to be like, "Yeah well that's too bad, I'm not her."

I'm salaried and the nature of my job doesn't require me to be here in my office 8-5 Monday through Friday, but you know, sometimes supervisors get crazy ideas about crap like that. I used to work for a micromanager and I'm really afraid they're going to hire someone like that.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    edited April 2016
    I just got a text from a co-worker to say my boss had hired someone new to do my job. This is after she refused to move me else where in work for safety reasons. This is also after she signed off on holidays (in January) for before maternity leave and later refused (last week) those holidays. I can't understand how she can hire someone new after basically telling me I won't be leaving work for another 11 weeks. Greatly looking forward to tomorrow in work where she better tell me what the hell is going on! So annoyed! 

Edited: Added to twatwaffle thread as that seemed more appropriate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    @joleri23 That's stressful, I'm sorry! Fx your boss's successor honors the arrangement already discussed. I'm in a somewhat similar situation - my team has been without a direct supervisor for about six months. Our old boss who received a promotion set an amazing tone for the team, and I'm wary of someone new coming in (she starts tomorrow) and trying to make changes for the sake of change... specifically to our schedules. I work a very flexible 40-hour work week, and I don't want that to go away!
  • Options
    @shaylalr my dog is still going to allowed in bed with us, that's the plan at least. He's little and I don't want to create additional jealousy issues by forcing him out, plus he keeps my feet warm. I also have cats who I already don't let in room at night because they are noisy little asshats at 4am. They still scratch at the bottom. Of my door though so we may try putting them upstairs at night to see if it helps. I've also heard the tinfoil thing can be helpful to keep them out of cribs and bassinets. 
  • Options
    @shaylalr Our dogs will continue to sleep with us in our room. I do plan to set up the bassinet closer to the due date so they get used to it being there and find a different side to jump off the bed.
  • Options
    LadyFleck said:
    I KNOW! Mine changes over on Friday too lol. I was thinking maybe there are just too few of us Fridays and nobody cares.
  • Options
    LadyFleck said:
    I KNOW! Mine changes over on Friday too lol. I was thinking maybe there are just too few of us Fridays and nobody cares.

I blame it on the day of the week. I'm too distracted to get much accomplished by the time Friday rolls around, I'm lucky I can manage to put pants on!
  • Options
    megstervtmegstervt member
    edited April 2016

@shaylalr the plan right now is to keep let the cat stay (we have a dog too, but he already sleeps on the floor).  We set up a pack n play and she's shown no interest in it so far.  However, we registered for a different pack n play that has one of the bassinet insert things and I'm afraid once that's set up she'll want to go in that.  We're using tinfoil and also lemon essential oil to deter her from the baby stuff.  Fingers crossed!

@joleri23 can you get the agreement in writing so it might hold a more weight if the new person wants to change things?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    @megstervt DH suggested the same thing - I think I should look into it!

July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    I have two cats. One is absolutely appalled by tinfoil and won't go near it.  The other one loves it so much that he goes out of his way to lay on top of any piece of tinfoil he can find. Here's hoping your cats are in the hating tinfoil camp. :)
  • Options
    @shaylalr I moved my three large dogs off of the bed in the first trimester.  Part of it was because they tend to lay as close to me as possible which caused me to a)overheat b)struggle to get out of bed to pee. I also know my lab mix would definitely try to crawl from my bed into the bedside co-sleeper we plan on using (she's baby obsessed). They are still allowed on the bed to cuddle when we are awake, only when they are invited, and so far everyone seems just fine with the sleeping arrangement. For cats either tinfoil or double-sided tape could deter them from jumping into the bassinet.  Good luck!
  • Options
    going for my Rhogam shot in the buttock after work today! Best Wedding Anniversary present a prego girl can ask for  :D
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

• Options
    @jodi1980 It's my anniversary today, too. :)
  • Options
    happy anny @ButterMyBiscuit   :# 
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

• Options

@benten24 Thank you! I have heard about the tinfoil thing, but I am unsure if that will work for us. I am borrowing the bassinet and won't get it until we get home from the hospital because it is currently being used. I don't think that leaves us enough time to train them! It's a great idea though.

@stellaluna14 Hmm. We don't have an upstairs, but I guess I will just have to see what happens if we shut them out. My one cat is very friendly and likes to cuddle so I am worried about him smothering her.

• Options
    Jodi1980 said:
    happy anny @ButterMyBiscuit   :# 
    You too! :)
  • Options
    Happy anniversaries @Jodi1980 and @ButterMyBiscuit !
  • Options
    @shaylalr I posted about this last week! We've kicked our cats out of the bedroom entirely since we found out we were pregnant. They no longer cry at the door and we've been sleeping better. However, when we do have the door open, one of them was climbing into the bassinet. I've tired the tinfoil (it doesn't work) and spraying them. He's kinda lost interest so I'm hoping it stays this way.

Also, I asked my friend who just had a baby and she told me that the cat lost interest in the bassinet once there was a sleeping baby in it. 

Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    Happy anniversaries @ButterMyBiscuit and @Jodi1980
  • Options
    I'm going to try that tin foil trick. My cat is really friendly and I'm not worried at all that he'll intentionally hurt the baby, more that he'll try to cuddle and accidentally smother baby. We are planning to put the pack n play in our bedroom, and the cat sleeps in our bed. Our room isn't huge but I don't want to leave this to the last minute. Will probably set up the pack n play in the last couple of weeks and then hope for the best!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    My dogs will stay in the room with us. Miley sleeps in the bed and Roxy sleeps in her kennel which is also in our room.