April 2016 Moms

Official Labor Watch Thread

Re: Official Labor Watch Thread

• imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited March 2016
    @Knottie2891384 I am GBS+ and am told to go to L&D when contractions follow the 5-1-1 rule or when my water breaks (as this can speed delivery). Ideally they want me to get two rounds of antibiotics, but will be happy with one if things move fast. With my first, my water was broken during induction, and I didn't have my DD until about 22 hours after my water broke. I did develop a related infection, spiked a 103° temp, and my daughter got the infection which led to a 10 day NICU stay. Once your water breaks I would personally not risk waiting, already knowing you need antibiotics (and I was GBS- the first time).
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @WiseUsagi yes, mag sulfate was the worst thing I had in my body. Immediately upon starting the drip I (TMI) projectile vomited and my arm with the IV and whole body got hot like a furnace. My hands and feet are always cold and they were so warm. I couldn't walk without assistance or the IV stand. My nurse said it feels like you partied all night drinking 4-5 bottles of champaigne but I said it felt worse than that!

Hope they don't keep it on you long. It took me a while to recover from it after extracting the IV. There was definitely relief once the mag drip stopped but my legs and rest of my body took 4-5 days to come back to normal after being on it for 22hrs. 

They put me on it to stop my contractions last time. Is that what they're trying to do? 
  • I've been reading everyone else's post, and finally decided to post something. I'm at labor and delivery at 37 weeks 6 days with issues due to chronic hypertension. I've been here before for the same thing. Each time I'm told to rest and lay in my left side..which does help. I've been having contractions...dilated to 2.5 cm as of Monday. Today I called the  Dr. because my bp was in the 150s/90s while resting in bed. Hopefully, we'll get to meet our little guy soon. 
  • Anyone getting foot massages from DH's? there are pressure points on the feet that are said to stimulate labour. that is the first thing I am gonna ask for if I end up being overdue/or labouring
    Good luck with that.  With my first I avoided all that too and then tried everything when I went over due.  Baby comes when baby is ready..or the doctors get them out.  I MO no need to deprive yourself if it helps with your discomfort.
  • I am 38w today. Had high bp problems with #1 borderline stroke level, so doc has been watching me whole pregnancy... It has been normal to low until last week. Got checked yesterday 3cm dilated and a bp of 148/98 with feet so swollen I can't bend at the ankle. I just knew she was going to send me to l&d directly from the office, but she wants to hold off until Wednesday if we can. Bed rest for me starting this morning. I am fine with waiting! Then I woke up multiple times late last night with intense contractions. I just prayed they would go away. 5-6 minutes apart lasting 1m-1 1/2m. They are completely gone now thank goodness! 
  • yodiggity said:
    I'm 39w today. Had my OB check up yesterday and I am still at 1cm and high, Dr doesn't expect baby to come on her own and I've developed Pre-e. My BP is still reading high as well. At Tuesday's appt it was 164/98, I didn't ask what it was at yesterday's appointment. At my u/s Tuesday they said my placenta is beginning to calcify as well. So..they've scheduled me to begin the induction process on Tuesday evening so baby should be here Wednesday! I'm freaking out a little. Even though it's only 2 days early, I was half expecting to go into the following week. :scream: 
    Good luck! You will do great! I am also scheduled to be induced 2 days before my due date. The most important thing is making sure baby gets out safely and Mama is taken care of!
  • My water broke at 3:30am. Still trying to get labour going. Lots of walking. Heading in to see the midwife now for a nst.
  • @erind228 update??
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • So I took my last nifedipine this morning. Started walking today after my NST. DH massaged my feet and legs. We finally had sex (didn't think it would be that hard)...now having contractions less than 10 mins apart at least 40 seconds long. I hope this is the real deal and not just a sore pelvis/back. Gonna monitor a bit longer to see if they continue. 
  • After being monitored for 24hrs due to reduced fetal movement an ultrasound revealed slowed baby growth and low amniotic fluid. 

Last night I was admitted for induction. Pessary went in around midnight, and it looks like we'll be here for the next few days before labour starts as despite all the false labour and baby riding really low my cervix is completely unfavourable.
  • Ugh false alarm. OB suggested I wait a bit longer at home. I went to bed and slightly feel better. I'm hoping it's just a slow start because I am so miserable. I have a pretty good pain tolerance so idk if the doc is really expecting me to go in screaming and crying so soon. Hopefully some progress after today.
  • I don't even try any of the 'labor jump starts' because I think it would just frustrate me more when they didn't work, because they really statistically don't. I think it just gives us something to do to switch our focus from baby. 

I am pissed that I missed out on what could be my last opportunity for pre-baby sex last night because the one weekend night that DS stayed at the in-laws and H was off work, I ended up with severe GI distress (I think it was food poisoning), and I totally ruined our date night. I'm still upset about it all.  :(
  • imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited April 2016
    @cmjenkies We will probably be doing an every night until the baby comes just to avoid missing out...and also hoping it works to get her out. Because I seriously feel close to tears that she's still securely in there, since the midwife I want to deliver with is on today, and not on again until the 7th :'(
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @cmjenkies We will probably be doing an every night until the baby comes just to avoid missing out...and also hoping it works to get her out. Because I seriously feel close to tears that she's still securely in there, since the midwife I want to deliver with is on today, and not on again until the 7th :'(
    Being this pregnant is such a mindfuck! With my first, I just KNEW he was going to be late, and I was resigned to it, so it didn't bother me. This time, I'm constantly convinced I'm about to go into labor from various "symptoms" and it never happens! I know I still have some time, but ugh !! Especially with my back pain and still working, just so ready for this to be over.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • thaisac1 said:
    Having contractions every 2-3 min lasting 30s for the past hour... L&D nurse asked me to monitor for a while... Wonder if it's true vs false labor but time will tell!
    Hope it's true!!!
  • thaisac1 said:
    Having contractions every 2-3 min lasting 30s for the past hour... L&D nurse asked me to monitor for a while... Wonder if it's true vs false labor but time will tell!
    Hope it's true!!!
    My dad is boarding a plane here tonight, I was hoping baby would wait... :D
  • korpatch said:
    I'm 40 weeks tomorrow and scheduled to start induction tomorrow night at 8:00. I'm trying everything I can to avoid an induction. Really wish I could eat pineapple, because I love pineapple... and if it helps... but I have GD. Tried Sex... but it's been a while and didn't go well... for me anyway. I've been walking nonstop for a couple of weeks. So now I guess I'll just wait and really hope Eliot comes on his own.
    How about some spicy food, and yoga ball? 
  • Been doing squats and sitting on the ball. Spicy food upsets my stomach. Lol... But thank you for the suggestions! 
  • thaisac1 said:
    thaisac1 said:
    Hope it's true!!!
    My dad is boarding a plane here tonight, I was hoping baby would wait... :D
    He would arrive just in time for Luca's arrival. I hope you don't labor for long enough for him to be present at the birth, as I assume that's a pretty long flight. 
  • Pmommy0416Pmommy0416 member
    edited April 2016
    I have been having contractions since yesterday afternoon. Lost my mucous plug last night as well. Last night I couldn't sleep because of them but today they have calmed down. Still feeling them every 8-20 minutes but they don't get consistent which is very frustrating! So now I'm just waiting. And waiting.
  • Cervix was high, posterior and closed. Just got back home.
  • thaisac1 said:
    Cervix was high, posterior and closed. Just got back home.
    Darn cervix is being stubborn. 
  • So the last 3 nights I have had contractions 20-30s 8-10 min apart from about 6pm to 8pm. I know these are Braxton Hicks, but it is frustrating that it keeps happening and it seems to always cause a headache right behind my eyes afterwards. 
    Does anyone else get headaches from their contractions?

on a side note tonight we tried rubbing the "magic pressure points" as my husband calls them and sex. I'm alergic to hot peppers so spicy food is out. I've been using my exercise ball as much as possible and taking 2 1.5 mile walks a day. I'm not overdue yet, but really ready. 
    ~~When you wish upon a star ~~