May 2016 Moms

You know you're hitting the 3rd tri when....

1234568»

Re: You know you're hitting the 3rd tri when....

• When you get a terrible cold and it makes you kind of miserable but you also kind of like it because you finally have total license to sit in bed all day/night and watch Netflix while your husband brings you food.
  • Loading the player...
  • tgortney said:
    When you have no idea what your lady parts look like anymore, and can't even see it if you tried (unless in a mirror). Just gonna rock it all natural for birth, I think...
    Literally had this conversation with my wax lady this morning...no idea what it looks like down there anymore, do I have any ingrowns? Intimacy on a whole new level! 
  • When instead of actually vacuuming the house, you sit on the couch and use Roomba's remote control to get the job done. 
  • When you're so exhausted getting ready in the morning and you don't realize until halfway through the day that you put on your underwear inside out....because you can't see down there anyhow.  
  • kp90kp90 member
    When you have to go buy a size bigger flip flops at walmart during date night with SO because your cute ones no longer support your weight and fat feet.
  • When instead of actually vacuuming the house, you sit on the couch and use Roomba's remote control to get the job done. 
    WHY HAVE I NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS?!?
  • I've hit a wall with sleeping. My DH sleeps right next to me, dog is across the bottom of my side of the bed (or back to back with me, or across my bump), I've got night sweats but am freezing cuz dog has stolen my covers, and my snoogle isn't supporting my bump enough so I wake up hips to toes hurting. Not to mention the three tries it takes for me to switch positions, short of breath if I'm on my back, and the two times I have to get all the way up to pee. 
    Any advice?
  • JoMunson said:
    I've hit a wall with sleeping. My DH sleeps right next to me, dog is across the bottom of my side of the bed (or back to back with me, or across my bump), I've got night sweats but am freezing cuz dog has stolen my covers, and my snoogle isn't supporting my bump enough so I wake up hips to toes hurting. Not to mention the three tries it takes for me to switch positions, short of breath if I'm on my back, and the two times I have to get all the way up to pee. 
    Any advice?
    Full disclosure, my advice will probably not be helpful, but I'm at the same wall and I've been sleeping in our chaise lounge in the living room instead of in our bed.  Up until pregnancy I was happy being a spoon sleeper, but now I need my space!!  I haven't found a way to tell my husband this because I don't want to hurt his feelings when I don't want to cuddle.  My snoogle was doing nothing for me and my hips were killing me too.  So now, I start out in bed every night, and then about an hour and a half after we fall asleep I wake up to pee and then go to the chair.  It works for me because it's long enough so I can stretch out, and also I sleep in an almost sitting up position so that I can get enough air (I've been short of breath in bed when I'm flat even if I'm on my left side).  My snoogle lives in the chair now, and is an integral part of the "nest" that I've constructed out there.  Plus, it's a little easier to get up when I have to pee again since I'm already sitting up slightly.

I will never again take non-pregnant sleeping for granted :D
  • When you become overly emotional for no logical reason. Over the weekend DH and I were out to breakfast and I suggested going for a walk when we got home, he said he wanted to rest before he went in to work (he's on his feet for his full shift so makes logical sense) and I began crying right in the restaurant. Tried to not make it look like I was crying but definitely got some weird glances from the table next to us
  • kp90kp90 member
    NinnyJean said:
    When you become overly emotional for no logical reason. Over the weekend DH and I were out to breakfast and I suggested going for a walk when we got home, he said he wanted to rest before he went in to work (he's on his feet for his full shift so makes logical sense) and I began crying right in the restaurant. Tried to not make it look like I was crying but definitely got some weird glances from the table next to us

This. I cried last night when I tripped over the dog gate... -_-
  • JoMunson said:
    I've hit a wall with sleeping. My DH sleeps right next to me, dog is across the bottom of my side of the bed (or back to back with me, or across my bump), I've got night sweats but am freezing cuz dog has stolen my covers, and my snoogle isn't supporting my bump enough so I wake up hips to toes hurting. Not to mention the three tries it takes for me to switch positions, short of breath if I'm on my back, and the two times I have to get all the way up to pee. 
    Any advice?
    I kicked DH and the pets out of the bed. Worked like a charm.  B)

(DH was apparently having his own problems sleeping because of my constant tossing and turning, so it worked out anyway. And the pets can still cuddle with him.)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• JoMunson said:
    Any advice?
    I kicked DH and the pets out of the bed. Worked like a charm.  B)

(DH was apparently having his own problems sleeping because of my constant tossing and turning, so it worked out anyway. And the pets can still cuddle with him.)
    I've had a terrible cold the last few nights, so went and slept in our guest room, where the bed is in a corner so I can sleep next to a wall. Because of my congestion, I've been using pillows to prop myself upright, and also been able sometimes be more supported by the corner of the wall, and (other than being sick) I have been SO MUCH more comfortable! First time in a month I've been waking up without super sore hips.

And I agree with @amberraysofdawn, mostly you just need to get rid of the husband :smile: 
  • Sleeping solo is amazing.. my husband has been on a business trip for 10 days and I've been sleeping so well... just me and Snoogle.
  • babyfmama said:
    Sleeping solo is amazing.. my husband has been on a business trip for 10 days and I've been sleeping so well... just me and Snoogle.
    Yes!! I was on a business trip for three days and it was glorious! 
  • I too kicked my husband out of the bed, a long time ago. We've tried every once in a while to sleep together, but he gets tired of my constant tossing and turning accompanied with moaning and grunting. Sleeping solo has been best for both of us lately.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • JoMunson said:
    Any advice?
    We terminated the dog's bedtime rights during my first pregnancy and haven't looked back. I cannot imagine sleeping with them, they were destroying my sleep. They have their own space now too, so everybody is happy.
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • You're starting to believe the saying "never trust a fart"...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• You pick your mom up from her job at a therapists office and she makes you sit in the lobby with your feet up, takes your shoes off, and rubs your feet. 
    "They look swollen".
    i mean. Cmon mom. That's embarrassing.
  • JoMunson said:
    You pick your mom up from her job at a therapists office and she makes you sit in the lobby with your feet up, takes your shoes off, and rubs your feet. 
    "They look swollen".
    i mean. Cmon mom. That's embarrassing.
    Awww! as embarrassing as that is, I think it's so sweet!
  • You realize your footwear options are severely limited. No heels, no wedges, no strappy sandals, no boots, no laces, no FUN! Seriously, I have one pair of shoes that I can wear: my beat up work Danscos. That's it. I wear those things everywhere, which is totally against my usual policy of not wearing my work shoes out and about (for germ prevention). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • When you've already spilled 2 different things on your bump by 9:30 a.m.
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• amovin21amovin21 member
    edited March 2016
    kp90 said:
    When you realize the sweet human you're growing in your uterus is eventually, somehow going to have to come out.

and neither of the 2 options are appealing to me

BabyFruit Ticker
  • kp90kp90 member
    amovin21 said:
    kp90 said:
    When you realize the sweet human you're growing in your uterus is eventually, somehow going to have to come out.

and neither of the 2 options are appealing to me

Lol. My thoughts exactly... -_- @amovin21
  • bshurdy said:
    When you've already spilled 2 different things on your bump by 9:30 a.m.
    THIS. how about two days in a row spilling on the bump before even leaving the house.
  • Kurrant said:
    When the urge to get the entire house clean is very strong ( and the to-do list is HUGE) but you really just don't have the energy to move at all so you decide to nap instead . . .
    This is me EVERY weekend. Then I get nothing done and my husband is so disappointed! 
  • I have the desire for a clean house and the best of intentions for accomplishing it during the weekend, but once the weekend is here it never happens beyond the basics. DH does not offer to help either, which burns my ass.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • You literally have bruised ribs from being kicked in the same place so many times. baby boy, please have mercy on my ribs.
  • You've gone to the bathroom four times in one hour. That's once every 15 minutes. And I'm still so freaking thirsty that I just can't stop drinking water. 
  • I missed my garage can and dropped a kleenex under my desk at work. My first thought was, I'll have to pick that up when I am back from leave. I tried to get it with my feet; that just pushed it farther away.
  • Officially not knowing what my vagina looks like anymore!!!!!!
    tried to shave it, neaten it up a lil before the big day, so didn't have a 9mnth jungle for LO to battle thru after the traumatic birth canal.
    Thought I'd done a gd job, considering I did n't use a mirror, just felt my way around and aimed for the hairy bitz.....
    then wen I got out out the bathroom decided to get close enough to the mirror to lift my belly up to look..... I've made my baby a landing strip....bold all the way up thru the middle :D