May 2016 Moms
Options

You know you're hitting the 3rd tri when....

Re: You know you're hitting the 3rd tri when....

• Options
    dshannah said:
    What is your best responses if people ask if they can touch the belly?
    I feel rude for saying no, so always end up saying (very awkwardly) it's fine...
    But I would really rather prefer nobody touches me. 
    I hate it--no one is allowed to touch my bump except for DH.

My response (maybe a little harsh? But totally effective): "Please don't.  It makes me feel like an incubator."

I'm never quick enough to say it before they touch me, but once they touch me and I say that and they remove their hands, they do not try again. And I hope they'll think twice before they do it to someone else!
    FWIW my dream response to someone putting their hands on my belly would be to put *my* hands on *their* bellies until they leave me alone...  But I'm not quite that bold.
  • Options
    When you're at a restaurant with a tiny bathroom and your bump takes up so much space that you end up hitting the walls with every slight movement trying to navigate the space. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kbrands7 said:
    People keep interrupting your lunch break for really stupid things and you actually consider punching someone and/or eating their face. Do NOT stand between a pregnant lady and her lunch! How dumb can these people be?!
    Lol. This reminds me of over the weekend when I got hangry because DS and I had been up for a few hours before DH would roll out of bed-- we had planned to go out for breakfast together so I was trying to just give DS healthy snacks to hold him over and hadn't eaten much of anything myself. After being nice initially, I finally went into our room and told DH that if he didn't get up to get ready, I was going to eat him. That got him moving.
    @kbrands7 My H used to try to sleep in on weekends, and sometimes I'd led him.  Now I just send DD in to find him and make it seem like an accident or that she insisted ;).
  • Options
    arj14arj14 member
    What is your best responses if people ask if they can touch the belly?
    I feel rude for saying no, so always end up saying (very awkwardly) it's fine...
    But I would really rather prefer nobody touches me. 
    I'm trying to figure out a polite way to handle this... I've been pretty lucky so far with people not trying to touch me, but I know when my shower comes around in a month that at the very least DH's aunts from his Dad's side are going to be all up in my business.  Do not want.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know if this is a third tri thing or what, but I cannot be on time anymore. There's so much to do at work before I go on leave on April 11th and I just am constantly late. Which kind of sucks when you're 15 minutes late to your midwife appointment!
  • Options
    dsmith211dsmith211 member
    edited March 2016
    Pregnancy brain is real folks. I just got upset with DH about something. Was super serious about it. Literally only half a sentence into my debate with him I forgot what it was I was even talking about. I still can't remember. He still thinks it's hilarious. :(
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Someone mentioned how "grown up" our toddler looked today and I just wanted to punch them.  It was DH.  :(
    Then someone else today (a friend) mentioned it too and I wasn't very nice about it.  Then I started crying.  Because any of that makes any sense.  But she totally understood.
  • Options
    @dshannah I like both your responses. I am defs going to use the incubator one!

My DH actually hates it - his opinion is that it's (the kicks) ours for the time being - something special that the two of us can share - and I feel that he's right. While Baby is in there I can still protect him. I am happy that he's only ever moved for DH when he touches - kind of like our kid is already a rebel and I love it! 
  • Options
    *TMI alert* I just puked, peed on my self while puking and then topped it off with diarrhea. Now I'm enjoying another exciting round of Braxton Hicks. JOY! 
  • Options
    kp90kp90 member
    Bltbear82 said:
    When you're at a restaurant with a tiny bathroom and your bump takes up so much space that you end up hitting the walls with every slight movement trying to navigate the space. 

I hate to admit it but sometimes I use the handicap stalls if the other ones are like the SUPER tiny ones. Sorry but I cannot fit in those tiny stalls anymore! And in the meantime I just pray no one actually handicap walks in or I'd feel like a major ass. -_- @bltbear82
  • Options
    LemmyRN said:
    Peeing in a cup= Once no big deal... Now an inevitably messy, humiliating (because you piss all over your hand), and super difficult task. 
    There's no aiming anymore, it is Impossible 
    I was coming here to say this! Also, I sat down to pee at the doctor and almost forgot to get a sample! I barely got any in the cup, and half the time couldn't tell if I was peeing in the cup or on the cup

Kmsl this happened to me two days ago. It's horrible!
  • Options
    kp90 said:
    Bltbear82 said:

I hate to admit it but sometimes I use the handicap stalls if the other ones are like the SUPER tiny ones. Sorry but I cannot fit in those tiny stalls anymore! And in the meantime I just pray no one actually handicap walks in or I'd feel like a major ass. -_- @bltbear82
    I totally use the handicap stall at work because all the others are so tight my bump gets hit by the door when i'm trying to get in and out. and I didn't feel guilty until you said you do... uhoh.
  • Options

I tried bowling last night at my step daughter and step sons school spirit night...it'll be fun they said! HA! Not only is it way different in general while pregnant, but I had to stand further to the left in order to swing the ball center since I'm wider now (this was learned after multiple gutter balls). Thanks for yet another realization that my body has changed and is not my own anymore!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When you take of your shoes at the office and then can't get them back on because your feet are swollen.
  • Options
    When you take of your shoes at the office and then can't get them back on because your feet are swollen.
    Yes. I have a pair of back-up shoes in my desk that are a half size bigger and wide just for this situation. They're cheap and not pretty...but it beats not being able to get anything on my feet.
  • Options
    @kbrands7 Smart!! I'm just stepping on the heels of my shoes because I don't have a back-up pair. I decided to wear my favorite Vans today because their slips and they felt pretty good this morning but I think I've got to face the facts that my feet really have grown and only wear a size up from now on.  
  • Options
    kp90 said:
    Bltbear82 said:

I use the handicap all the time. No shame here. It's not like I'm taking it with me just using it. Some bathroom stalls are just to tiny. Even not pregnant. 
  • Options
    I just feel lucky that no one random has touched my belly or even asked to. the most annoying thing is when MIL pokes it and makes a "boop boop boop!" sound but I only see her once in a while so that I can deal with.
  • Options
    The only time anyone has touched my belly that wasn't a family member or someone I had already given consent to touch it, I was so speechless that this was actually happening that I didn't know what to do. What made it worse was that we were at the visitation/wake for my MIL, and the person doing it was the (grown) son of a close friend of my FIL. I was chatting with the guy's mother when it happened, and she just looked at him and kept talking - and so did the guy's wife, who was right next to us! And dudebro just kept rubbing my belly, and I just kept thinking "I've met this guy twice before and spoken to him once. How is this okay?" and trying to think up the best wording to use without causing a scene at the funeral home. Luckily, someone else called for quiet so they could make a speech, and I slipped away to where DH was in the distraction. 

Now, I tell people that I made my husband buy me dinner before I ever let him touch me like that and at the same time take a few steps backwards. Most of them apologize and ask for consent, which I don't grant unless they are within a select circle of people...which they never are, because the people within that circle know to ask me first to begin with (unless they are DH, my mom, or sister, who are the only people I am okay with doing that without asking). 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    You sob while teaching a CPR class because you start explaining infant CPR and imagine your unborn child being unresponsive and in danger and...yup, crying again. Super professional.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The only time anyone has touched my belly that wasn't a family member or someone I had already given consent to touch it, I was so speechless that this was actually happening that I didn't know what to do. What made it worse was that we were at the visitation/wake for my MIL, and the person doing it was the (grown) son of a close friend of my FIL. I was chatting with the guy's mother when it happened, and she just looked at him and kept talking - and so did the guy's wife, who was right next to us! And dudebro just kept rubbing my belly, and I just kept thinking "I've met this guy twice before and spoken to him once. How is this okay?" and trying to think up the best wording to use without causing a scene at the funeral home. Luckily, someone else called for quiet so they could make a speech, and I slipped away to where DH was in the distraction. 

Now, I tell people that I made my husband buy me dinner before I ever let him touch me like that and at the same time take a few steps backwards. Most of them apologize and ask for consent, which I don't grant unless they are within a select circle of people...which they never are, because the people within that circle know to ask me first to begin with (unless they are DH, my mom, or sister, who are the only people I am okay with doing that without asking). 

I was in court on Friday and we had recessed briefly to wait for the jail to bring over a client and I was talking to one of the therapists I work with about a new client I got that day when she suddenly started rubbing my belly and said "Oooohh! You're so tight!  Are you using lotion!?"  It was so inappropriate and happened so quickly that I was in shock and didn't know how to handle it.  I should file assault charges.  Lol.
  • Options
    You sob while teaching a CPR class because you start explaining infant CPR and imagine your unborn child being unresponsive and in danger and...yup, crying again. Super professional.
    That is definitely one hilarious pregnancy story you can tell in the future. People in the class probably gave the gentlest back blows ever. 
  • Options

I was in court on Friday and we had recessed briefly to wait for the jail to bring over a client and I was talking to one of the therapists I work with about a new client I got that day when she suddenly started rubbing my belly and said "Oooohh! You're so tight!  Are you using lotion!?"  It was so inappropriate and happened so quickly that I was in shock and didn't know how to handle it.  I should file assault charges.  Lol.
    Someone - I think it was @kbrands7 ? - mentioned that it's now law in her state that touching a pregnant woman's belly without her consent is considered as assault. I think that's going to be the new thing I bring up when people touch mine without asking. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Aquinna82 said:
    Maybe this is just me, but I don't really worry about trying to be overly polite when telling people not to touch my belly.  If someone asks and they are not on the very short list of people who are allowed to touch it, I say "No, I don't like that."
    I am too much of a people pleaser. Just yesterday one of the security guards at my office asked to touch my belly and I said sure even though it made me uncomfortable. He seriously, like, jiggled it for 3 seconds. I did my best to act like it didn't make me uncomfortable because for some reason I'm more ok with my discomfort than his if I were to say no or react honestly. 
  • Options
    Aquinna82 said:
    Maybe this is just me, but I don't really worry about trying to be overly polite when telling people not to touch my belly.  If someone asks and they are not on the very short list of people who are allowed to touch it, I say "No, I don't like that."
    I am too much of a people pleaser. Just yesterday one of the security guards at my office asked to touch my belly and I said sure even though it made me uncomfortable. He seriously, like, jiggled it for 3 seconds. I did my best to act like it didn't make me uncomfortable because for some reason I'm more ok with my discomfort than his if I were to say no or react honestly. 

• Options
    Everyone you see says "How much longer?" Like you are so big you couldn't possibly go another day without giving birth.  My only repsonse at this point is "a while..." 
  • Options
    VS2016 said:
    Everyone you see says "How much longer?" Like you are so big you couldn't possibly go another day without giving birth.  My only repsonse at this point is "a while..." 
    girl, I was told today by a random stranger "Ready to pop, huh?" and I was like: no... actually, two more long months LOL 
  • Options
    arj14arj14 member
    I had my first person ask today, a mom who volunteered in the school library last year and whose son (2nd grade) goes to the school (this was at the public library after school).  I believe her exact words were, "Can I touch your belly or are you one of those people who doesn't like that?"  I ended up letting her, and her kid, which was a little weirder for me.  I guess in theory I mind less when people at least ask, and at least I know her a bit.
    Anniversary

• Options
    When you ask DH to push you off the bed in the morning cause you can't whooop yourself up anymore. I feel like a turtle on its back. 

And just in general... When EVERYTHING is uncomfortable !

• Options
    @kbrands7 Smart!! I'm just stepping on the heels of my shoes because I don't have a back-up pair. I decided to wear my favorite Vans today because their slips and they felt pretty good this morning but I think I've got to face the facts that my feet really have grown and only wear a size up from now on.  
    Vans make my feet swell up, even when not pregnant. I forgot about this and wore them about two months ago at work. Holy hell never again! I keep really old ugly sneakers at work in case I ever have to walk home from the city and had to switch into them. They are hot pink and gross. I was so embarrassed!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    JoMunson said:
    Anyone else getting a little muskier downstairs? I know increased discharge is a fact of pregnancy but this week (31+3) it's gotten even more tropical and muskier down there.
    Oh, my, I love that you used the word "muskier" because that is a perfect descriptor. It is not foul, just more pronounced. I even asked MH about it and his response (TMI!) was shockingly more sexual and primal than I would ever expect. Apparently, it is not a bad thing in his mind. Whatever, I don't think anyone else notices except me and MH and he isn't complaining so I am just going to roll with it. I do find I feel a lot better when I detach the shower head and give the undercarriage a little extra rinsing since I don't always feel super fresh at the end of the day.

BabyFruit Ticker