May 2016 Moms

You know you're hitting the 3rd tri when....

Re: You know you're hitting the 3rd tri when....

• Loading the player...
  • When your husband has to spend 15 minutes talking you into going on a ten minute walk.
    the couch was just so much more comfortable!
  • Many of these for me as well.

To add to the mix how about almost crying after being yelled at by someone in my work's parking garage who had parked 1/2 way into my spot. I should have been angry but instead what I really wanted was to turn around and drive the 75+ minutes home
    to cry into an ice cream container.
  • TinaTho said:
    Many of these for me as well.

To add to the mix how about almost crying after being yelled at by someone in my work's parking garage who had parked 1/2 way into my spot. I should have been angry but instead what I really wanted was to turn around and drive the 75+ minutes home
    to cry into an ice cream container.
    Yes! They played the Lady Gaga song "till it happens to you" on NPR yesterday and talked about how Brie Larson hugged all the survivors that were on stage and I cried all my makeup off before getting to work! I'm back to my first trimester cry fests.
  • You cry at anything and everything.  I may or may not have sobbed during a 30 for 30 documentary about the Chicago Bears '85 season.  I don't even LIKE football!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aquinna82 said:
    You drop things on the floor and seriously consider whether or not you'll miss them from your life if you just leave them there and walk away.

And you also encourage your dog to sit by you in the kitchen when you're preparing dinner, so that in the very likely even that you drop something, she can just clean it up for you.
    Love this!! Every time I see something on the floor, I have the gather the strength to bend down lol!  I feel like an old lady!

And don't you just love puppy dogs, they clean up all your messes
  • Aquinna82 said:
    You drop things on the floor and seriously consider whether or not you'll miss them from your life if you just leave them there and walk away.

And you also encourage your dog to sit by you in the kitchen when you're preparing dinner, so that in the very likely even that you drop something, she can just clean it up for you.
    Love this!! Every time I see something on the floor, I have the gather the strength to bend down lol!  I feel like an old lady!

Mine used to be great at clean-up duty, but the brief toddler-throwing-food-when-he's-finished phase ruined him. It made him picky about what he'll clean up, and now he begs my son for food (now that it's not being thrown/dumped off of the table) so we have to separate the two at mealtimes.  
  • kbrands7 said:
    Aquinna82 said:

Mine used to be great at clean-up duty, but the brief toddler-throwing-food-when-he's-finished phase ruined him. It made him picky about what he'll clean up, and now he begs my son for food (now that it's not being thrown/dumped off of the table) so we have to separate the two at mealtimes.  
    My beagle doesn't discriminate! If it's not nailed down, he will eat it. Actually, scratch that. He will eat anything. 

When you order a delicious lunch and take two bites, then realize you don't actually want that after all. 
  • Bltbear82 said:
    kbrands7 said:
    Aquinna82 said:

My beagle doesn't discriminate! If it's not nailed down, he will eat it. Actually, scratch that. He will eat anything. 

When you order a delicious lunch and take two bites, then realize you don't actually want that after all. 
    Same. My dogs will eat anything!
  • When you stand up from sitting the first 5-10 steps make you look like an 80 year old

OMG, yes! Every freakin' time. How much worse is it going to get over the next 9 1/2 weeks! UGH

BabyFruit Ticker
  • You drip toothpaste on your bump!

(I guess I need to lean over the sink further than normal now to compensate for my tummy)
    Change toothpaste to everything and I agree!  I spill food on myself all the time.  The other day I tried to drink water and just...poured it all over myself instead.  I'm like a toddler!
    This. Every single meal I pretty much end up with something on myself. At this point if DH notices it, he just shakes his head and laughs.
  • When even watermelon and water gives me heartburn. No matter the food or drink I end up with heart burn from neck.
  • Yes to all of these! Ohhhhh I love you ladies for being as pathetically pregnant as me...

and also, when your husband rolls over to give you morning cuddles and you respond by farting on him  :#
    I did this this morning. He just laughed. I call it overdue payback :) 
  • JennyS86 said:
    and when my bump gets wet while washing dishes....I should probably stop doing dishes.
    Or when you wash your hands after going to the bathroom and you come out looking like you may have peed yourself a bit
  • When total strangers ask if you are OK or need help while you are limp-waddling to work. Maybe just let me waddle on by and not comment, I'm obviously just super pregnant. I really do appreciate the sentiment but also, I don't. Thanks for making me feel even more self conscious about my new gait and pace random woman who's "been there" and man who has "5 kids and knows how it is."
  • kp90 said:

Two words.... acid reflux.

the worst!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • amovin21 said:
    kp90 said:

the worst!
    Its so nasty, i hate it.
  • vinerie said:
    You walk your dog in the morning and it's cold out. After the walk you have to pee (of course! It's been more than 30 minutes). You sit down on the toilet and your bump is so cold on the tops of you thighs...
    YES! It shocks me every time.
  • kp90kp90 member
    wsgjmw1 said:
    amovin21 said:
    kp90 said:

the worst!
    Its so nasty, i hate it.

Definitely. Taco bell set it off in the worst way last night.