April 2016 Moms
Options

Third tri symptoms thread

Re: Third tri symptoms thread

• Options
    Ok I have a symptom. Sex HURTS out of nowhere!!! Beginning earlier in my pregnancy, orgasm caused some cramping but nothing serious. Now it's any type of penetration even without the big O. Even slow, even with lube. My poor husband. Poor me.
  • Options
    Ok I have a symptom. Sex HURTS out of nowhere!!! Beginning earlier in my pregnancy, orgasm caused some cramping but nothing serious. Now it's any type of penetration even without the big O. Even slow, even with lube. My poor husband. Poor me.
    This was me yesterday. I almost cried when he penetrated... Then I flipped over, and my belly gets in the way of getting low enough for that position to work. Pregnancy sex is already awkward... Now the ONE position I can do, hurts? The hell???
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Missingchampagne It has been hurting like that for me since the beginning. It's so annoying. I never want to bother with sex anymore. It's too painful and difficult.
  • Options
    GUYS!! This acid reflux is killing me. I was up for 2 hours last night feeling like I may puke all over the place from it. Make it stop!
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    GUYS!! This acid reflux is killing me. I was up for 2 hours last night feeling like I may puke all over the place from it. Make it stop!
    Just wait until you randomly throw up in your mouth so much you either have to swallow it, spit it out, or choke on it. And it's totally out of the blue. And then you think about how gross it is to vomit in your own mouth that you want to vomit again. 
  • Options
    Any of ya'll have any experience with labial vericose veins? I can't see well enough to evaluate myself and I want to know what's going on down there! I have a circular, darkly-colored raised lump that doesn't look like a mole, from what I can see. It doesn't hurt, it just bothers me that something is going on there. 
  • Options
    This was me yesterday. I almost cried when he penetrated... Then I flipped over, and my belly gets in the way of getting low enough for that position to work. Pregnancy sex is already awkward... Now the ONE position I can do, hurts? The hell???
    Sex has become uncomfortable most of the time. I'm just so damn swollen down there, so penetration just feels... Ugh. DH also likes to do this weird thing with his hips that makes him irritate my cervix. I keep asking him not to do it and he just forgets and does it again the next time we have sex. I also can't breathe during sex. My torso is already 80% baby. Sex pushes baby up further into my lungs.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @Knottie9983816 @fbanke42 I have my next OB appt tomorrow morning and plan to ask if there's any way to find relief for that, but I have a feeling it's going to be "go slowly, use lube, or just don't do it" if there is nothing physically wrong with me. I'm sad. I miss sex, but I've kind of been on my own self-prescribed pelvic rest.
  • Options
    @Knottie9983816 @fbanke42 I have my next OB appt tomorrow morning and plan to ask if there's any way to find relief for that, but I have a feeling it's going to be "go slowly, use lube, or just don't do it" if there is nothing physically wrong with me. I'm sad. I miss sex, but I've kind of been on my own self-prescribed pelvic rest.
    I think last time we had issues might have been more emotional for me. Usually if I'm not really into it I'm still lubricated enough for it to not be an issue, or we use lube. That particular time I was definitely lubricated enough, but I was mad as hell at SO and it felt more like a burning/tearing sensation. We did have success this past weekend *cough cough three times cough cough* and I pretty much just laid there for it, while he did all the work. My hips and pelvis hated me afterwards though... I though Relaxin was supposed to make you more flexible? Why does it seem to do that AND cause intense cramping at the same time???
  • Options
    @Knottie9983816 Lucky lady! I feel like my vagina has swollen itself closed inside. 
  • Options
    sarahuflsarahufl member
    edited February 2016
    NOLA520 said:
    sarahufl said:
    This is my life. I have to take Pepcid twice daily and supplement with Tums. It's been working for a couple weeks, but now I also have to closely monitor how much I eat and how late I eat, too. Friday night I woke myself up throwing up every couple hours. The best was when I threw up right into my hair.  :s
    I was careful last night about when I ate/drank/laid down. I also took Zantac and slept SO well. I hope it was a fluke the other night!
  • Options
    I'm feeling the reflux too. Last night was HORRIBLE. I took Pepcid and all the tums. It just wouldn't go away. I thoroughly understand how sometimes people can mistake bad reflux for a heart attack. I thought I was going to die. I know that sounds incredibly dramatic but I couldn't breathe and I was in so much pain. Thankfully it has subsided some and I'm left with a tolerable level of discomfort and a sore throat. 
  • Options
    Why does sleeping hurt so much? I feel fine all day but when I am in bed my whole body hurts until I get up in the morning. I really don't understand.
  • Options
    My heartburn has gotten so bad here lately too. I take a heartburn pill everyday and sometimes I have to take 2 per day. It doesn't seem to be helping. I'm so ready for this baby to drop, Im hoping that will take some pressure off my stomach and ease the reflux some.
  • Options
    Why does sleeping hurt so much? I feel fine all day but when I am in bed my whole body hurts until I get up in the morning. I really don't understand.
    It happens to me as well. I sleep at night but when I wake up I feel like someone was beating me with a stick and my whole body is sore. So tired of this. 

• Options
    How are you ladies alleviating you trapped gas/bloat? I feel so bloated right above baby and it's hard to get it out. I seem to feel most of it towards the afternoon and all night. Hard to fart (sorry) and I manage to get some burps out. Sometimes I can't sleep from this. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    loveymay said:
    My heartburn has gotten so bad here lately too. I take a heartburn pill everyday and sometimes I have to take 2 per day. It doesn't seem to be helping. I'm so ready for this baby to drop, Im hoping that will take some pressure off my stomach and ease the reflux some.
    Baby has been low and deep my entire pregnancy. He dropped a few weeks ago on top of that... It doesn't help with heartburn on my end, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    How are you ladies alleviating you trapped gas/bloat? I feel so bloated right above baby and it's hard to get it out. I seem to feel most of it towards the afternoon and all night. Hard to fart (sorry) and I manage to get some burps out. Sometimes I can't sleep from this. Any suggestions?
    Do you know what kinds of foods make you gassy? I've found that the normal culprits don't make me gassy (beans, etc) but dairy really does, as does excessive carb intake. I avoid those things normally because my bowels were slow-moving pre-pregnancy so I haven't felt terribly gassy. 
  • Options
    K&ElizabethK&Elizabeth member
    edited February 2016
    Is anyone else starting to feel crampy? I usually have tons of BH, but today I feel crampy around my pubic bone in a different way than I do after a chiro adjustment. I'm going to try to see if the cramps develop into any sort of pattern. :#  

ETA: now I'm throwing up. lovely. 
  • Options
    Is anyone else starting to feel crampy? I usually have tons of BH, but today I feel crampy around my pubic bone in a different way than I do after a chiro adjustment. I'm going to try to see if the cramps develop into any sort of pattern. :#  

How far along are you? I'm starting to feel really crampy...I actually was searching the board this morning for any mention of this because I was starting to get a little concerned. I haven't had any BH (that I am aware of) but it just kind of feels like someone is grabbing my hip bones and pulling them apart forcefully. 
  • Options
    Do you know what kinds of foods make you gassy? I've found that the normal culprits don't make me gassy (beans, etc) but dairy really does, as does excessive carb intake. I avoid those things normally because my bowels were slow-moving pre-pregnancy so I haven't felt terribly gassy. 
    Nothing out of the norm. Maybe baby is just slowing down that process. Gonna start telling DH to start burping me lol good practice. 
  • Options

How far along are you? I'm starting to feel really crampy...I actually was searching the board this morning for any mention of this because I was starting to get a little concerned. I haven't had any BH (that I am aware of) but it just kind of feels like someone is grabbing my hip bones and pulling them apart forcefully. 
    I'm 32+4 with my second. I get tons of BH, usually but I haven't had any today. This feels like a dull ache at the bottom of my bump. I'm going to chalk it up to baby being lower in my pelvis. If they start to head towards my back I'll get a little more concerned. 
  • Options
    It feels like someone is pulling my tail bone backwards very slowly... I've also been having cramps in my ovaries. 

Anniversary

• Options
    fbanke42 said:
    It feels like someone is pulling my tail bone backwards very slowly... I've also been having cramps in my ovaries. 
    I have officially had every labor symptom now, but none at the same time/same day. The cramps went away with a hot bath last night, and some "alone time" so I'm pretty sure that was just me overdoing it last night. I figure when it happens I'll be looking for actual pain, and not just discomfort, and possibly blood/brown with all the extra leakage I have going on arm.
  • Options
    fbanke42 said:
    I have officially had every labor symptom now, but none at the same time/same day. The cramps went away with a hot bath last night, and some "alone time" so I'm pretty sure that was just me overdoing it last night. I figure when it happens I'll be looking for actual pain, and not just discomfort, and possibly blood/brown with all the extra leakage I have going on arm.
    I can't even remember what labor felt like last time... And that was a little over 19 months ago. I'm terrified I won't recognize it and end up giving birth in my bathtub because I waited too long to say something.

Anniversary

• Options
    @fbanke42 that's kinda a secret fear of mine... Let's not let my anxiety get any worse lol.
  • Options
    fbanke42 said:
    fbanke42 said:
    I can't even remember what labor felt like last time... And that was a little over 19 months ago. I'm terrified I won't recognize it and end up giving birth in my bathtub because I waited too long to say something.
    If your labor is that easy, I'm going to start hating you now for good measure. 
  • Options
    fbanke42 said:
    fbanke42 said:
    If your labor is that easy, I'm going to start hating you now for good measure. 
    Labor wasn't bad for me until after my water broke. I have an extremely high pain tolerance, so most of the contractions just felt like discomfort. I was having recordable contractions during all of my NSTs the week before I went into labor, and I didn't really realize it without it being pointed out to me.

It also sucked for however long I had to do the balloon to help me go from a 2 to a 4... I will NEVER go the balloon again... Ugh...

Anniversary

• Options
    For the past week, my back has been aching so bad. I mentioned it at my appt last week and the NP just said its normal because of the weight of my belly. Gee thanks, how about offering some advice on how to deal with the pain? So how are you ladies dealing with back pain? At home, I lay down with a heating pad and that helps, and I also have a shiatsu chair massager that really helps. Problem is when I'm at work, obviously I don't have access to my "pain relief tools" and right now I am in agony! I took 2 Tylenol but its not helping since Tylenol is crap anyway (I can't wait to be able to take ibuprofen again!!). I've tried wearing a support tank, but it presses down on my bump causing more pelvic pressure. I don't know what else to do, has anyone found a remedy that helps them? 
  • Options
    @loveymay have you tried a support belt? I got mine from my midwife but I'm sure they have them at maternity stores. Mine gets uncomfortable after 5-6 hours but provides pretty significant relief when it's on, especially if I'm up and moving around a lot. 
  • Options
    @AmadorRose  no I havent tried a maternity belt. I got a blanqi (sp?) tank which helps some, but when I sit and stand a lot, it seems to add presure on my lower belly right where baby's head is. I wore it to work the other night but had to take it off becuase it was causing too much discomfort. Weird! I will look up maternity belts though!
  • Options
    @loveymay I like my maternity belt for when I'm going to be standing and walking a lot, when I sit for more than ten minutes or so it gets uncomfortable. Mine is very rigid, though, so something less structured might be better. 
  • Options
    my feet are so sore! I have a desk job, and I have been drinking a ton of water, try to stretch etc, but esp at night I get up to walk to the bathroom and my feet are so sore it hurts to walk
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    AGK2015AGK2015 member
    edited February 2016
    I've been pretty quiet on the symptoms front, but just in the past couple of days, I've woken up with the thumb, index, and middle fingers of my right hand completely numb. It doesn't hurt and goes away eventually if I stretch my arm out all the way straight, but it's extremely disconcerting, and it's distracting enough that it makes it impossible to fall back asleep.

I'm also so, so swollen. I'm so grateful it's been a mild winter, because my feet and lower legs no longer fit into my boots, so it's ballet flats from here on out (with socks this morning, since it was a little too chilly to be exposing bare skin).
  • Options
    Getting so much pressure in my lower belly today! I've only got 4 weeks left - my original due date was April 3, and they were going to schedule my c-section April 1, but since baby has been measuring a week ahead of my calculated due date, they moved the c-section up to March 25. I hope LO isn't getting to anxious to move out yet! Hopefully he stays put and cooks a little longer until the scheduled c-section day!

• Options
    I'm pretty sure i've become a member of the SPD family :( The pain started about a week and 1/2 ago and my dr suggested I get a belt which has helped a little but starts to get annoying after awhile. It hurts to turn in bed, get up from bed or sitting, getting dressed etc. 

My feet and ankles are also so swollen that the only shoes I can comfortably wear are sandals, thankfully my boss is understanding and laughs about it. 

I just keep telling myself i'm almost there and keeping my eye on the prize. It will all be worth it in the end! 

• Options
    @Joness11 good luck!

@kristenlaurenn I had awful SPD and still have the pain but LO has moved up and the pain is more than bearable as long as I don't overdo it. Now it just feels like a watermelon is trying to work its way up the inside of my ribcage. Yay!
  • Options
    @AmadorRose I was originally so happy LO dropped and wasn't kicking my ribs anymore but now this pain... I guess I should be careful what I wish for ;) 

• Options
    @AmadorRose I was originally so happy LO dropped and wasn't kicking my ribs anymore but now this pain... I guess I should be careful what I wish for ;) 

It kinda sucks either way...but at least they're growing!
  • Options
    Both of my lefts from the knee down are aching pretty bad. I've been elevating them for a few hours but it's not helping. I had some swelling but they don't look bad now. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm gonna resort to Tylenol soon and a leg rub from DH.