June 2015 Moms
Options

Nighttime sucks. That is all.

Re: Nighttime sucks. That is all.

• Options
    The night is upon us >:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Already starting off on a wrong schedule- she's just now eating instead of at 9!
  • Options
    I am clicking my heels that my mom is in town to visit!!!! Yayyy help is here!!
  • Options
    LO might be sleeping in the swing tonight. I am beyond caring at this point.
  • Options
    katyqvkatyqv member
    Does anyone else's LO have a scream schedule? LO has started screaming every night this week at/around 9:00 pm.
  • Options
    aj1327aj1327 member
    @katyqv yep! Around 7:30 or 8:00. He doesn't scream long, but it feels like forever!
  • Options
    katyqv said:

Does anyone else's LO have a scream schedule? LO has started screaming every night this week at/around 9:00 pm.

This is me. Fusses from 7 to 9 then really gets going from 9 to midnight (or sometimes even 1am).
  • Options
    We were up at 6:30 this morning...napped from 8:30-9:30 and then took 4 30 minute naps for the entire rest if the day, all in the carrier, and I had to keep walking or else screaming ensued. So we were overtired tonight. Started bedtime at 9, finally went to transfer to the bassinet at 10:30 and it didn't take. Commenced screaming and we're starting over again.

Seeing as I barely got to sit tiday, never mind take a power nap while DD napped, I'm about to lose it. If this transfer doesn't take and I have to spend the entire night in the nursery recliner rather than the normal half night, I'm going to have a nervous breakdown.
  • Options
    momtobe613momtobe613 member
    edited July 2015
    Guess who has been cluster feeding every forty five minutes for the last four hours. Yup. I'm over it.

Also prob canceling going to see our family this weekend because God knows he will cluster feed while we're driving four hours away.

Nighttime sucks.
  • Options
    So LO went from cluster feeding for the last week to sleeping ALL day. I think he's been awake for a total of 2 hours in the last 10 hours... Just to eat. Im not complaining but Jeeze babies are unpredictable!
  • Options
    katyqvkatyqv member
    Since DH gets the evening shift with LO (8-midnight), he's been having to take care of her during her screaming fits this week. I sort of feel bad for him but not really. In addition to her timely scream sessions this week, she's been up at 3 am and around 6 am every morning. As I get used to this schedule, I'm sure she'll change it up on me just to be an asshole. Oh, LO.
  • Options
    It's 4:12am and haven't really slept all night. LO had his 2 month shots around 1pm yesterday and was crying bloody murder all evening every time he or we moved his legs. It was heartbreaking seeing him in pain. Thankfully this seemed to improve by 10pm-ish but then he started getting a fever. Tried to not give meds right away bc of new research on how it could interfere with vaccine effectiveness but Once it creeped to 100.9 I caved in and gave him Tylenol. It's back down now to 99.0 but now I can't sleep and I find myself checking his temp every half hour or so. I think I've given up on getting any sleep tonight.
  • Options
    I wake up every effing night with a clogged duct. 2x feeding and pumping throughout the night didn't soften it. It's the only side I ever have issues with too. What. The. Fuck.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    My 8 week LO just let me sleep until 5am. I feel like a new woman!!!

@moz3518 I'm so sorry!! This is why I'm so nervous for our shots!
  • Options
    We probably had our best night last night. Instead of the usual routine, I BF LO while lying in bed. After 30 min, she fell asleep and I let her sleep there for 10 min before moving her to the bassinet. Same thing at the 1 am feed. And no diaper changes. Is this the best? Probably not but she slept for 4 hour for the first time. Ever. We'll see what that diaper holds...
  • Options
    mellymar said:

I could use some sleep. And wish that I could partake of a little green. Too bad it leaches into breast milk. Its a cruel world.

Yes to the green. Hell to the yes. And the sleep. It's been so long. I'd probably pass out at just the smell.
  • Options
    HayesRN13HayesRN13 member
    edited July 2015
    moz3518 said:

It's 4:12am and haven't really slept all night. LO had his 2 month shots around 1pm yesterday and was crying bloody murder all evening every time he or we moved his legs. It was heartbreaking seeing him in pain. Thankfully this seemed to improve by 10pm-ish but then he started getting a fever. Tried to not give meds right away bc of new research on how it could interfere with vaccine effectiveness but Once it creeped to 100.9 I caved in and gave him Tylenol. It's back down now to 99.0 but now I can't sleep and I find myself checking his temp every half hour or so. I think I've given up on getting any sleep tonight.

Just some comforting advice ... Babies aren't "feverish" until 100.4, they can run in the high 99's (and most do), they can run higher than us...I wouldn't give Tylenol for anything under 101......good luck
  • Options
    Ugh it's birthday party/visiting family weekend and our schedule is totally off. It's the baby's usual bedtime and I did the usual routine but she is just laying in my lap wide-eyed. Having other people hold her all day is nice but it means I miss all of her sleep cues to get her regular (-ish) naps in. Complain complain complain... and usually I'd pass the baby off to DH at this point but then I'd have to go downstairs and talk. I need somebody to say "why don't you go to bed, you must be exhausted."
  • Options
    this kid has been on off crying and fussing for the past 3 hours.. DH left to go hang out with his buddies so its me and LO in the bedroom and im constantly having to switch positions between feeding and comforting chest time and i dont even have anything to entertain me. forget night time.. days time/evenings suck for me.
  • Options
    Preemie...not strong enough to suckle without burning more calories than he is taking in; therefore I have to feed pumped breast milk in a bottle...so after his very slow and sleepy feedings, a brief snuggle time, and changing his diaper, I have to sit and pump and then clean the pump parts for the next time...vicious circle...the entire fiasco leaves me with very little time to sleep before the next feeding rolls around...hubby snores through it - I'm feeling really annoyed since he basically told me that I am not working so I have time to get things done during the day and there is no reason why he should have to take charge of a nighttime feeding because he goes to work. He was helpful for a short while and it is catching up to him so now he makes excuses...I get it - he is tired - but he refuses to acknowledge that I am too...and I do this around the clock. On top of this, Baby has had a rough few nights and won't go down no matter what...the only time he is not screaming is if he is being held...and again, hubby is refusing to pick him up unless I am on the pumps. $&@&))&@¥%#!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    janat1717janat1717 member
    edited August 2015
    That sucks @kezdk We are very similar. LO also not strong at sucking and I also do all the nighttime work on weekdays. Pumping around the clock. When I added up the time spent pumping since I'm slow at it I wanted to cry
  • Options
    We've been sleeping in the living room (downstairs) since LO was born. It's a lot cooler and quieter. We live right next to a highway. Like, it sounds like the highway goes through our bedroom. You can't hear it very well downstairs because there's a huge cement wall that blocks the sound. Well, today I got fed up with sleeping on the couch and moved us upstairs. LO seems to be sleeping 100x better with the crazy obnoxious highway noise. Wtf. Oh.. But me, I'm wide awake! It's so loud! This is just torture right now.
  • Options
    @rrcameron21 earplugs, mama!
  • Options
    @katyqv why did I not think of that! Definitely buying earplugs tomorrow.
  • Options
    kezdk said:

Preemie...not strong enough to suckle without burning more calories than he is taking in; therefore I have to feed pumped breast milk in a bottle...so after his very slow and sleepy feedings, a brief snuggle time, and changing his diaper, I have to sit and pump and then clean the pump parts for the next time...vicious circle...the entire fiasco leaves me with very little time to sleep before the next feeding rolls around...hubby snores through it - I'm feeling really annoyed since he basically told me that I am not working so I have time to get things done during the day and there is no reason why he should have to take charge of a nighttime feeding because he goes to work. He was helpful for a short while and it is catching up to him so now he makes excuses...I get it - he is tired - but he refuses to acknowledge that I am too...and I do this around the clock. On top of this, Baby has had a rough few nights and won't go down no matter what...the only time he is not screaming is if he is being held...and again, hubby is refusing to pick him up unless I am on the pumps. $&@&))&@¥%#!!!!!!!!

if youre comfortable with it. you can put the pump parts into a ziploc bag and into the fridge. then you only need to wash them once a day or every other day.
  • Options

Of course I'm the dumbass who has to wake a sleeping baby because of my damn boobs and clogged ducts. GET IT TOGETHER, BODY!

:( I'm so sorry. Hugs
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ^^^^^^ right. I tell myself this.
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 you are a champ! Keep up the hard work lady!!!
  • Options
    Struggling tonight I think my baby may be suffering from silent reflux :( guess I'm on the couch all night
  • Options
    So clearly LO possesses the ability to sleep for long periods of time...last night it was midnight to 6am...but she was on top of me in the recliner. Why can't she do this in the bassinet so I can sleep in my bed???? Recliner sleep is not good sleep.
  • Options
    KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited August 2015
    Early morning sucks. Either there is a power outage in my neighborhood or my little window ac somehow shorted out power to my entire house. When it kicked on sometimes the light in the bedroom would dim, but I would think that if it was going to short a breaker it would only short the bedroom one, not the whole house. But I checked and threw the house breaker anyway and nothing. And my town is so small the utility doesn't have a 'check if there is an outage' web page or hotline. Only a 'report an outage' #. And it's too early to go knocking on neighbors doors to ask them if they have power. And the one neighbor I am friendliest with is out of town anyway. And my husband is on duty so he is not here to troubleshoot. And within the hour I will have a screaming kid to deal with.
    FML

ETA - it IS an outage. Thank the gods I didn't almost blow up my own home. I'll have hubs check out the power usage of the AC unit anyway once he is home on monday, now that I'm totally freaked out
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've had it so nice the last few weeks. But last night LO was up every hour to two hours. I knew it was going to be a long night when I tried to put her to bed three separate times. I'd go check on her and she would be laying there cheerfully grinning at me every time. Now at 9am she's asleep. Just in time for me to wake her up for her Zantac. Lovely. @-)