June 2015 Moms

Nighttime sucks. That is all.

Re: Nighttime sucks. That is all.

• slr1229 said:

Totally okay, I've yelled "what do you want?" At her like the scene from the Notebook. Not a fine moment but we're all human

That was me last night. I felt like such a jerk but my patience had run out. Luckily fiancé stepped in and made me go take a shower haha
  • Loading the player...
  • I hate my DH schedule...he works from 2 to 1130 pm so he misses the bad hours everyday:( it's so hard not having someone to pass LOoff to when she's flipping! I'm so exhausted I feel like I'm on drugs everyday lol hello wooziness
  • When do the bad hours before bedtime stop?! I'm impatiently waiting!!!!
  • HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited August 2015
    Ugh LO has her fussy period from 3-8 every day, roughly. So now nights are good but days are long. And poor DH only sees her fussy :(

But I really can't complain: LO is sleeping through the night at 9.5 weeks! Hope I didn't jinx us.
  • Baby's been sleeping since 600 I'm torn whether to wake her up or let her sleep :/ now since she's been sleeping it's gunna be a long night! Good luck ladies!
  • hoodoll82 said:

Ugh LO has her fussy period from 3-8 every day, roughly. So now nights are good but days are long. And poor DH only sees her fussy :(

But I really can't complain: LO is sleeping through the night at 9.5 weeks! Hope I didn't jinx us.

Same thing here, but our fussiness is after the 4-5 nap & DH only gets fussy baby. I'm excited he's watching her Friday alone so he gets happy/smiling baby in the morning.

• LO barely slept the entire day! About to put him down for the night. Please Dear Lord. Please let him sleep tonight.
  • jessieR358jessieR358 member
    edited August 2015

First night LO will be in her crib. She went down at 8:30. I'm thinking I will do a dream feed to see if I can stretch it a little bit. She's been getting in the habit of refusing the bassinet and I'm too tired to fight it and we end up co sleeping. I have too many fears of SIDS so I'm biting the bullet and giving the crib a try. It will be so weird not having my snuggle bug next to me at night, but fingers crossed this is the start of many good nights of sleep for all of us....a girl can dream right?!

My LO won't sleep well in his bassinet but does well in his crib. It's on the other side of the house so I sleep in the rocker in his room. I'm too paranoid about SIDS to let him sleep in his mamaroo. Then while he was napping today he managed to pull his swaddled blanket over his face! I watched him do it but good lord i will only be using a sleep sack from now on.

Edit: I take back the sleep sack. He won't stay swaddled. I'm so dang tired.
  • I wanted to try a "dream feed " tonight but DH said "good luck trying to get him back to sleep for the next 2 hours"
    Soooooo I'm not risking it, damn it.
  • @krystleshel I feel the same way. I go back in two weeks & I've actually had a couple panic attacks over the whole thing. Thinking of you & I hope it goes well tomorrow. I know it will be hard for all of us going back to work. But my friends who have been there tell me it will get better, just have to get used to our new normal. Our LOs have been with us for nearly a year, it's no wonder our hearts break to leave them even just for the work day. I just want to hold my LO all the time! Hugs to you. It will be okay.
  • Baby slept all day yesterday & now we're up all night. Yay.
  • I'm up getting nervous about getting sleep when I go back to work........
    My mother in law is supposed to watch the babe while I sleep but told me I need to find back up for during harvest this year....... Nervous about finding anyone because we live in the middle of nowhere. Also just anxious about going back in general and sleeping during the day. I always took Benadryl to nap for night shift and you can't take it while breastfeeding.......
  • Way to go crib babies!! After two nights of waking up twice, she reverted back to her 12,3,6 wake schedule and ate like a mad woman each time, so we were up for a good hour after each feeding. Thought we were into something at first!
  • @klkonwi NOOOOO I forgot about no Benadryl. What will we do? How will we survive our day sleeping?
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @dancegurl1118 I'm so jealous! We live in a one bedroom duplex and LO sleeps in our room. She's so loud! I've been wearing earplugs ugh can't wait to buy a house come winter
  • So if I try to transfer LO to the bassinet after each feed, she goes down at 10 and wakes up to feed 12, 3, 6. If I let her sleep on top of me in the recliner after the midnight feeding, she will sleep straight through to 5:30 or 6. At this point it's like ok, do I sacrifice my bed for the stupid chair so that DH and LO can get a better night sleep, even though the quality of my own sleep is worse, or do I say fuck it and continue the bassinet transfers so that I can actually sleep laying down in a bed, even though it lasts for less time? Quality or quantity? Pick only one. Uuuuugh.
  • @dancegurl1118 yeah! I forgot until just recently......... Yikes. Daytime sleeping is hard sometimes!
  • delujm0 said:

So if I try to transfer LO to the bassinet after each feed, she goes down at 10 and wakes up to feed 12, 3, 6. If I let her sleep on top of me in the recliner after the midnight feeding, she will sleep straight through to 5:30 or 6. At this point it's like ok, do I sacrifice my bed for the stupid chair so that DH and LO can get a better night sleep, even though the quality of my own sleep is worse, or do I say fuck it and continue the bassinet transfers so that I can actually sleep laying down in a bed, even though it lasts for less time? Quality or quantity? Pick only one. Uuuuugh.

This is exactly my problem with this crib transfer and I've been doing it for 3 weeks ...she just isn't getting used to the crib ugh so frustrating I normally end up letting her sleep on me by 4 am bc I just can't handle the no sleep when does this get better?!? :(
  • elizab14elizab14 member
    edited August 2015
    @klkonwi my pediatrician said Unisom was fine which is the same as Benadryl. (Insert anxious face) I only use it if I hadn't slept well in a few days. Sorry baby.
  • bwow615bwow615 member
    edited August 2015
    paige0704 said:

delujm0 said:

So if I try to transfer LO to the bassinet after each feed, she goes down at 10 and wakes up to feed 12, 3, 6. If I let her sleep on top of me in the recliner after the midnight feeding, she will sleep straight through to 5:30 or 6. At this point it's like ok, do I sacrifice my bed for the stupid chair so that DH and LO can get a better night sleep, even though the quality of my own sleep is worse, or do I say fuck it and continue the bassinet transfers so that I can actually sleep laying down in a bed, even though it lasts for less time? Quality or quantity? Pick only one. Uuuuugh.

This is exactly my problem with this crib transfer and I've been doing it for 3 weeks ...she just isn't getting used to the crib ugh so frustrating I normally end up letting her sleep on me by 4 am bc I just can't handle the no sleep when does this get better?!? :(
    Do you both swaddle? Have a white noise machine? We do the swaddle me, and always have the fohmie sleep machine going. LO will be 8 weeks on Monday and no shit, he slept from 9pm to 6:30 last night! Longest stretch yet, but he's been sleeping in 5-6 hour stretches the past week and a half.

Eta: LO is 8 weeks on Monday, not 7
  • swiebe said:

paige0704 said:

delujm0 said:

Do you both swaddle? Have a white noise machine? We do the swaddle me, and always have the fohmie sleep machine going. LO will be 8 weeks on Monday and no shit, he slept from 9pm to 6:30 last night! Longest stretch yet, but he's been sleeping in 5-6 hour stretches the past week and a half.

Eta: LO is 8 weeks on Monday, not 7
    We do have a white noise machine right by the bassinet and we've been swaddling in muslin blankets...I have some swaddlemes I'm considering using. But LO loves to have her hands free so I feel kind of bad confining them. Probably worth a try since I was going to try to move from the bassinet to the pnp this weekend.
  • @delujm0 my little dude loves to have his arms free, too. But swaddling them in with either the muslin blanket or the sleep sack makes a noticeable difference in both getting him to sleep and length of sleep. The only problem I have with arms in is that if he isn't tired enough / 'sleep spelled' enough when I put him down, he will wiggle against the Velcro trying to get his arms out. So I need to cast that spell him really well or his struggles will amp him up again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh so we have had LO in a rock n play for the last few weeks and she was in the swing before that. Last night all she did was grunt and make noise all night and kept us both up. We have a one bedroom duplex so she can't really go anywhere else besides the living room. Thinking about moving her to the bassinet soon and super nervous about it. Any tips? We already have a bad habit of making sure she's completely asleep before we put her down. But mostly that's because we have to keep her upright for 30 mins after feeding and by the end of that she is out.
    I'm so tired today. But we did take almost a 3 hour nap together today in bed. She doesn't sleep with us but super tempted to after her being so quiet next to me
  • @swiebe yes we've been using halo swaddled since the beginning and have dohmie plus a fan on its crazy !!! She just wants to sleep with me ugh
  • Do your babies get hot in the swaddleme?
  • @slr1229 the opposite. LO is a heater and I just put her in a onesie and swaddleme and her cheeks are cool but her body is warm (not her usual hot) when I wake her up. I also wrap a A&A blanket around her lower half (I know, goes against the SIDS no loose blankets).
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @slr1229 the opposite. LO is a heater and I just put her in a onesie and swaddleme and her cheeks are cool but her body is warm (not her usual hot) when I wake her up. I also wrap a A&A blanket around her lower half (I know, goes against the SIDS no loose blankets).

We do the exact same thing! Especially being in the rock n play and if we tuck the A&A blanket around here stomach and lower there's no way she's gonna suffocate herself. Does make me nervous to switch to bassinet or crib tho. We probably won't do it then but who knows. How old can they be with loose blankets

• We keep are house at 70... We have a husky so I love it even in summer we cover up.. (Swaddle up LO in his softy blanket)
  • @HayesRN13 oooohh girl 70?! Must be living in the lap of luxury. KIDDING! I would be a Popsicle. I like a nice 74. My mom was complaining of sweating today when it was 73 inside and Whenever I go to their house I have to wear a jacket.
  • @HayesRN13 oooohh girl 70?! Must be living in the lap of luxury. KIDDING! I would be a Popsicle. I like a nice 74. My mom was complaining of sweating today when it was 73 inside and Whenever I go to their house I have to wear a jacket.

Lol.. I know.. It's so cool in here.. I hate summer and still get to snuggle up in blankets which helps me sleep better .. And can swaddle LO up in a big "softy " blanket that he loves..!its funny I go outside and am like... "Whatttt the helllllll!?! It's so hot out here!"
    :-O
  • katyertl said:

@slr1229 the opposite. LO is a heater and I just put her in a onesie and swaddleme and her cheeks are cool but her body is warm (not her usual hot) when I wake her up. I also wrap a A&A blanket around her lower half (I know, goes against the SIDS no loose blankets).

We do the exact same thing! Especially being in the rock n play and if we tuck the A&A blanket around here stomach and lower there's no way she's gonna suffocate herself. Does make me nervous to switch to bassinet or crib tho. We probably won't do it then but who knows. How old can they be with loose blankets

If LO is napping in the rock and play we also wrap her lower half in a blanket. But if she is in the bassinet the that's a no-go since she scooches around :/ so we go with sleep sacks only.
  • @slr1229 my LO does get hot, so I only put him in with a diaper. We keep our house at 74 too.
  • @klkonwi NOOOOO I forgot about no Benadryl. What will we do? How will we survive our day sleeping?

To my fellow nurses.. Any way you can do evening shift ? 1400-2300? I think because I have that shift is the only way I will go back to work .. I love it..But I think you said you guys do 12's... :(
  • this kid is killing me, he wont sleep for more than 10 minutes today after i get up. im wondering if it has to do with the litre of chocolate milk i drank yesterday. hopefully not cause i love chocolate milk.
    its so frustrating cause he was just screaming. screaming either because he had swallowed too much air or because he wasnt on the boob. i love the kid but damn.
  • @HayesRN13 yeah they require 12 hr shifts!