March 2016 Moms

*** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

skruhminskruhmin member
edited July 2015 in March 2016 Moms
Put anything and everything!!!  Including questions, random funny thoughts, super cravings, whatever...we will keep this thread going until the end of time (or until we break it from too much awesomeness). 

DS1 - 9/21/11
DS2 - 7/4/14
DS3 - 2/21/16
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

Re: *** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

• I have been craving panda express for days and there isn't one anywhere near my office. I know that it isn't even that good and it definitely isn't good for me, but it's all I can think about when lunch time rolls around.
  • Loading the player...
  • My profile photo won't stick and it makes me angry. X(
  • smushi said:
    So... looks around sheepishly...

My morning sickness which was horrible last week has all but completely gone away.  Now it's my turn to have concerns.  Sheesh.  I would have never thought being sick was such a 'comfort'.
    Try not to worry! I had it pretty bad during week 6 and has now mostly disappeared. It's normal for symptoms to come and go.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I keep having horrible, violent dreams and it's keeping me from sleeping well. :-/
  • smushismushi member
    yodapup said:
    smushi said:

My morning sickness which was horrible last week has all but completely gone away.  Now it's my turn to have concerns.  Sheesh.  I would have never thought being sick was such a 'comfort'.
    Try not to worry! I had it pretty bad during week 6 and has now mostly disappeared. It's normal for symptoms to come and go.
    Can't say I'd be totally unhappy if it was gone for good ;)  It might make pregnancy rather reasonable for me!  I suck at being pregnant.
  • @skruhmin That guy is totally Irish in my head.

@smushi My morning sickness isn't totally gone, but way better than it was 2 weeks ago. I had my u/s yesterday and everything was great :)

My MIL and FIL have been visiting for about a week and they leave tomorrow :( They both love cooking, MIL loves doing dishes, and they are wonderful with DD. I'm dreading them leaving, because I just know my ms is going to come back with a vengeance. DH is great when he's home, but during the day I'll probably just die on the couch.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • JLaVO888 said:
    I keep having horrible, violent dreams and it's keeping me from sleeping well. :-/
    I have been having super weird dreams too! Not violent but super weird. Usually I never remember them. I hope they go away soon so you can get some good sleep!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • smushi said:
    yodapup said:
    smushi said:

Can't say I'd be totally unhappy if it was gone for good ;)  It might make pregnancy rather reasonable for me!  I suck at being pregnant.
    I'm kind of waiting for that day.  It started out a tiny bit of nausea and I was like "hey, I can handle this" and then it disappeared and then WAM!!!  That's what I get for worrying.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Parker16772Parker16772 member
    edited July 2015
    My patience has been wearing super thin lately. I have been really having to work not to lose it with DS and his normal 3 1/2 year old going to cry if I don't  immediately get my way fits.  I just don't want to adult today. Can I just go home and go back to bed? 

Edited: because I can't spell immediately.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • skruhminskruhmin member
    edited July 2015
    @skruhmin That guy is totally Irish in my head. @smushi My morning sickness isn't totally gone, but way better than it was 2 weeks ago. I had my u/s yesterday and everything was great :) My MIL and FIL have been visiting for about a week and they leave tomorrow :( They both love cooking, MIL loves doing dishes, and they are wonderful with DD. I'm dreading them leaving, because I just know my ms is going to come back with a vengeance. DH is great when he's home, but during the day I'll probably just die on the couch.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but Ron Swanson is no where near Irish :) look up Parks and Recreation on Netflix :) or are you talking about Potato??  Because yeah :D
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• I wish I could just throw up and be done with the MS for the day (Like my last pregnancy) ... this dry heaving - constant nausea BS is not cool.

Also ... I am basically consuming a bland, carb only diet because nothing else can be tolerated . Baked Potatoes for the win! 

Also hayyy 9 weeks ! 

image imageimage 

September Siggy Challenge : Favorite Childhood Movies ( Sorry I have two)

• +Silver+ said:

My profile photo won't stick and it makes me angry. X(

Sometimes when you change it, it takes quite a while for the change to show on the discussions. I'm not sure why but once it took mine about an hour or more before it stuck.
  • I leave on Saturday for our vacation in Maine with the in-laws for a week. We're planning on telling them even though its super early, because I know me and my big mouth will let it slip at some point otherwise. But I'm tellin ya, the absolute LAST thing I want to do is be in a bikini with all this bloat. No bueno :(

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @skruhmin Noooo, definitely not Ron Swanson. That guy is my hero lol
    *TTC since July 2010

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

• I have had a frisco melt from Steak-n-Shake four times in the past week. It's so greasy and just blah... buuut it's the only thing that sounds good! It's so weird for me because I'm usually a very healthy eater!!
    I never had cravings with my son so I hope this doesn't last my entire pregnancy! I don't want to gain 50+ Lbs!!!!
  • I'm freakin tired and its only 10:30, i'm hungry but nothing sounds good, i'm annoyed by EVERYONE at work and i can't even be bothered to hide it.

I feel ya... I'm in training and all I can think about is this slow person hurrying the heck up and wanting to take my pants off
    March '16 August Siggy Challenge - Summer Fails
    imageBabyFruit Tickerimage
  • reesaXden said:
    I have had a frisco melt from Steak-n-Shake four times in the past week. It's so greasy and just blah... buuut it's the only thing that sounds good! It's so weird for me because I'm usually a very healthy eater!! I never had cravings with my son so I hope this doesn't last my entire pregnancy! I don't want to gain 50+ Lbs!!!!
    Meh my giant cravings with both of my boys were hamburgers and chocolate peanut butter ice cream.  I only gained 26 and 25 lbs.  (And I'm a healthy eater too ;) )

DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• JLaVO888 said:
    I keep having horrible, violent dreams and it's keeping me from sleeping well. :-/
    I have been having super weird dreams too! Not violent but super weird. Usually I never remember them. I hope they go away soon so you can get some good sleep!
    I'v been goggling to make sure I am not the only wierdo and turns out its common. Also found this linkhttps://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/14/pregnancy-dreams_n_5938370.html.

If you can remember any of your dreams I'm sure they may be on this list as well. 
  • I'm an freezing in my office and I know it isn't cold in here.  I just want a damn sweater.

Also if you google animated gif sweaters the most disturbing image comes up of a lady who is pregnant in a red sweater.  My skin crawled.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Holy crap....Starbucks unsweetened passion tea lemonade.....best. craving. ever.  And bought some Tazo passion iced tea bags and made my own this morning.  Deeeeeeeeeeelicious!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• This pregnancy theme song will be Reel Big Fish's "another FU song"... ok, that's my every day song anyways because it's peppy, but to the point, but holy crap... I'm so queasy I've either got a crap ton of anti puke meds for HG to look forward to again, or I have caught a silent fever less plague and have but hours to live... I'm hoping for the latter... Anyone who has gone through Hyperemesis Gravidarum in the past too, will totally understand why...
    Maybe I'll get lucky and it's just a random confirmation from my ruderus that the latest tenant has decided to sign a nine month lease to use the facilities...
    (And for anyone who has seen me around over the past years... eff you! LOL! Nice to see ya again!!!)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• shacerougeshacerouge member
    edited July 2015
    Why can't my child eat his Cheerios like a freaking normal person! The floor is now covered and the smell is horrendous (thank you pregnant nose). Sorry DH but that mess is waiting for you to clean up
  • edited July 2015
    We announced publicly on FB yesterday, and just like every other happy moment in our life together, DH's stupid ex-wife has to go and ruin it.  Our wedding day, when DH got a new job offer, my parents come for a visit, anything and everything that is exciting and happy for us.  We post the ultrasound, she sees it (DH and her went to HS together, lots of mutual friends) and then in 3....2.....1...... he gets this text "I'm refiling child support I need you to fill in how much you make and insurance."  GRRRRRRRR!!!!!  

Let me state, DH has NEVER shirked his financial responsibility towards his daughter.  He has always paid child support (actually $80 more than the ordered amount, just to be a nice guy and help her out a little), we pay for her club volleyball fees (think $1000's per year) when extracurriculars are supposed to be 5/50, we pay 100% of her braces when medical is supposed to be 50/50, we pay for all of her school lunches and anytime SD13 needs new clothes she always asks us because she knows her mom is broke as a joke.  When she needed a car and couldn't get financing, he got one for her.  When one of her fiances kicked her to the curb, she needed a vacuum so he bought her one.  When her tv went out, he bought her a new one.  When it was 90 degrees in their house in the middle of summer, he went out and bought her a $400 portable air conditioner.

Soooo..... currently we pay $500/month.  We filled out the CS work sheet, it's actually kind of like filling out taxes.  Anyways, she seems to think DH makes $90k.  He doesn't.  Not even close.  He informed her of his actual salary and then he asked her what we "should" be paying.  We never heard back from her the rest of the night.  Probably because once she actually looked into the CS worksheet and did the calculations, she saw what we already knew... her CS would drop to $336/month.  

Sorry for the long rant.  On a good note, gummy bear even wiggled for us at the ultrasound and Dr. said everything looks great so far!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP 6/16/13 ~ EDD 2/22/14 ~ CP 6/20/13 @ 4W3D
    BFP 1/1/14 ~ EDD 9/6/14 ~ CP 1/4/14 @ 4W2D
    BFP 6/24/15 ~ EDD 3/6/16 ~ Here's hoping 3rd time is a charm!
  • I have no appetite.... I have tried eating to appease my mental side but its not working... sticking with water and an occasional sugar beverage until this goes away.   

WTF did I not have this problem for the last 20 years when you are always trying to lose that last 10lbs
  • I'm getting pretty annoyed with the nausea/occasional cravings. When food does finally sound appetizing and I crave something, by the time we get to the restaurant or my H picks up the food to bring it home, it doesn't sound good anymore and I have to force myself to take a few bites. Last night it happened with a Chipotle burrito - it popped into my head, I told H, he picked it up after work and then I couldn't eat it once he got home. The smell of the foil turned me off the burrito completely and there was too much filling in it. This is ridiculous!
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Mother's maiden name too please

DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• @skruhmin Would you accept a credit card number??
    *TTC since July 2010

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16