March 2016 Moms

*** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

Re: *** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

• Can I just say I am ready to get my siggy on!!
  • skruhmin said:
    This is how I feel every time I click on a generically titled post and it's been asked 5 bazillion times

This is me after trying to read the first 3 words of each of them.
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess my poll is lame.. 22 people have viewed it but didn't feel if was cool enough to vote... maybe they are lurkers.... gtky's are my favorite!!! Thanks you two for voting haha! 

• I've noticed polls in general don't do well

DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• I happen to be the entirety of the 25% vote for 90s alt lol

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• @ flowerpower5838 I would have voted for almost all of them if I could. Then again, I did create the poll...slightly biased maybe???
  • skruhmin said:
    I've noticed polls in general don't do well

• JLaVO888 said:

fwtx5815 said:

I'm in the process of changing my name and it sucks BALLLSSSS. I've already done the social security office and dmv, but I haven't done anything else yet. It feels like this is going to take forever.

It does. I still haven't changed my name officially at central office for work... and its almost been a year. I didn't want them changing my e-mail in the middle of the school year though because it would confuse all my parents and co-workers. Now that it is summer I have been to lazy to go do it. Its on my to do list for next week. 

I still haven't officially changed my name and I've been married for 10 years. Once I had kids I went to the DMV and added his name to the end of mine no hyphen and left it at that. I just don't care enough to go through the whole mess of changing it with everything.
  • I seriously love how alive this board is now.  In the beginning it was like a ghost town but now it's like FRIENDS!!!

DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• fwtx5815 said:
    I'm in the process of changing my name and it sucks BALLLSSSS. I've already done the social security office and dmv, but I haven't done anything else yet. It feels like this is going to take forever.
    What else are you supposed to change???? I think that's all I did.....

January siggy challenge - Pregnant lady problems

• SparkE82 said:
    fwtx5815 said:
    House/credit cards/bank/car registration/bills
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• skruhmin said:

SparkE82 said:

fwtx5815 said:

House/credit cards/bank/car registration/bills

Yep^. Pretty much anything that is related to your credit or important to your identity needs to match your legal name. So like, everything in your old name other than like retail loyalty programs needs to match.

I'm dragging ass because we just bought a house within the last 30 days and started a new insurance policy with me as the main policyholder (and the woman at the insurance office that we've been in touch with is AWFUL and I know she's going to screw up my name change too, she can't be trusted with anything). All of this was done like, one week before I changed my name. So I get to deal with all these people all over again.
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • We hit 4 pages!!!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• I am currently watching my dd eat while holding my nose because my DH grilled peppers on the stove. I am so scared from projectile vomiting earlier. It just kept coming. Hurry up 12 weeks.

DD born 2/22/12

TTC # 2 since 7/12

DX- PCOS. Currently upping Metformin dosage and preparing to meet with RE 9/5/13.

Ist medicated cycle September 2013-BFN

1st IUI November 2013-BFP Chemical Pregnancy

2nd IUI December 2013-BFN

3rd IUI January 2014-BFP! Due 10/31/2014

• skruhmin said:

This is how I feel every time I click on a generically titled post and it's been asked 5 bazillion times

And I try to respond to them and get no response back....
    BabyFruit Ticker

• (Possible tmi) I am in a battle of wills with my toddler over potty training. He knows how to go on the potty but just doesn't want to. Finally today I told him he couldn't have pants unless he peed on the potty (I wasn't going to change pants again) and sure enough he ran right into the bathroom and peed. So yeh I am holding my toddlers pants hostage

We potty trained our sons by using a wobble watch which has an alarm you can set I set it for every hour they loved it cause it wasn't me but their watch telling them to go. A urologist friend told us about it and it worked. Potty training is hard so you gotta do what you gotta do. Keep those pants hostage :D
  • The wobble watch sounds awesome.

DH and I got into an argument because he doesn't understand why people are upset about the dentist killing Cecil the lion. Y U SO HEARTLESS??
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Wide awake at 3am!! It's 5 now and I never fell back to sleep.
  • DH keeps setting his alarm for 6 every morning, swearing up and down that he's going to work out or something and he NEVER does! The stupid alarm always wakes me up! HOW DARE YOU TAKE A PREGNANT WOMAN'S SLEEP FROM HER!!!!
    I wish I could sleep in until 6am, I'm so jealous.  I have to be at work by 6am and I have a 35 min commute, therefore my alarm goes off at 0420 hrs.  And then I work a 10 hr shift, by the time I get home and make dinner all I want to do is sit on the couch in a vegetative state.  I would rather work overnights than 6am shift, but then I would miss out on time with DH in the evenings. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP 6/16/13 ~ EDD 2/22/14 ~ CP 6/20/13 @ 4W3D
    BFP 1/1/14 ~ EDD 9/6/14 ~ CP 1/4/14 @ 4W2D
    BFP 6/24/15 ~ EDD 3/6/16 ~ Here's hoping 3rd time is a charm!
  • smushismushi member
    DH did the same thing this morning, set his alarm for 5:30am so he could get out of the house early, and when he didn't get up and just reset his alarm for 6am, I came unglued.  I do not fall back asleep like he does, and when LO has an internal alarm for 6am this tired momma needs her extra 30 minutes.
  • The wobble watch sounds awesome.

DH and I got into an argument because he doesn't understand why people are upset about the dentist killing Cecil the lion. Y U SO HEARTLESS??

You can get it on pottymd.com if you use promo code 12345 it gives you a discount for almost half off.
  • smushismushi member
    @skruhmin I reserve the right to call anyone who deserves it a stupidhead.   :P
  • Do it @smushi.  You have your hormonal reasons ;)
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CassidyACDCassidyACD member
    edited July 2015

(Possible tmi) I am in a battle of wills with my toddler over potty training. He knows how to go on the potty but just doesn't want to. Finally today I told him he couldn't have pants unless he peed on the potty (I wasn't going to change pants again) and sure enough he ran right into the bathroom and peed. So yeh I am holding my toddlers pants hostage

Done this. I still hold things hostage if he "doesn't need to" despite that his legs are wiggling so bad he can't stand in one place. I also got him his favorite character undies and said "be careful, elmo doesn't want to get peed on, better go potty"

Edit: spelling
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• (Possible tmi) I am in a battle of wills with my toddler over potty training. He knows how to go on the potty but just doesn't want to. Finally today I told him he couldn't have pants unless he peed on the potty (I wasn't going to change pants again) and sure enough he ran right into the bathroom and peed. So yeh I am holding my toddlers pants hostage
    Done this. I still hold things hostage if he "doesn't need to" despise that his legs are wiggling so bad he can't stand in one place. I also got him his favorite character undies and said "be careful, elmo doesn't want to get peed on, better go potty"
    This wouldn't have worked for us.  My son loves being naked.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• I hate that I take my Unisom at night, I'm falling asleep on the couch while we veg in front of the tv and as soon as I get in bed I CAN'T FALL ASLEEP!!!  I'm exhausted for goodness sake.  It makes no sense.  I hope this pregnancy isn't plagued with insomnia like my other two were.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Please vote for August siggy challenge!!!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• I can't stop gagging, its really f*in annoying.

Pregnancy Ticker

• So if we have a siggy tie, do we do both of them?  Because the poll thing isn't working with this group.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• My sister is in the process of coming off of birth control so that she can TTC - T minus 2 months until they start.  Oh my gosh the thought of being pregnant with my sister is so flippin' exciting to me!!!  And to have a niece or nephew super close in age with my kid??  I seriously hope they don't have the TTC issues DH and I had. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• smushismushi member
    @skruhmin I would just pick one if no one else votes by noon..  I doubt anyone will mind.
  • @skruhmin, my SIL is pregnant right now and so is her sister and I was supposed to be due in between them.  My SIL is one of those know it all queen of being pregnant, but appearently not the queen of using BC properly HA HA anyway I'm glad I'll have my own time to shine, but I don't have a real sister so I could see how that could be exciting.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • @skruhmin, my SIL is pregnant right now and so is her sister and I was supposed to be due in between them.  My SIL is one of those know it all queen of being pregnant, but appearently not the queen of using BC properly HA HA anyway I'm glad I'll have my own time to shine, but I don't have a real sister so I could see how that could be exciting.
    And they live 30 minutes away from us so our littles would grow up together. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• WHY IS FRIDAY SO DEAD ON THIS BOARD?!?!?!??!?!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• My husband is seriously pushing the camping thing with me right now. 1. Yeah I'm playing the pregnant card but the idea of sleeping on the ground when I'm nauseous 24/7 and really not sleeping well does not sound fun to me. 2. I really don't think DS2 would do well with camping this young (as far as the sleeping overnight outside). Plus I can just picture all the sticks and all the rocks going in his mouth and it just makes me tired trying to keep up with him.  He's 12 months old. 

DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• skruhmin said:
    WHY IS FRIDAY SO DEAD ON THIS BOARD?!?!?!??!?!
    I don't know, but I might check out the happenings over on First Tri.  Just for some good snark.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP 6/16/13 ~ EDD 2/22/14 ~ CP 6/20/13 @ 4W3D
    BFP 1/1/14 ~ EDD 9/6/14 ~ CP 1/4/14 @ 4W2D
    BFP 6/24/15 ~ EDD 3/6/16 ~ Here's hoping 3rd time is a charm!