March 2016 Moms
Options

*** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

Re: *** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

• Options
    smushi said:
    I had a brown recluse jump out from the toilet seat lid last year into the bowl.  I came unglued.

Uh, I would move.  I'm terrified of brown recluse spiders because I once saw a documentary on what happens when you get bit by one.  Black widows all over the place by us, meh.... no big deal.  But a brown recluse?!!!! FML, I'm moving.

@smushi I just remembered something from last summer.  We had seen a bull snake in our garage and she kept disappearing and we couldn't figure out where.  Then we had our patio replaced and when they lifted up the old one, well, there they were.... about 20 baby bull snakes that had just hatched.  We had a snake pit under our patio!!!!

I think mama is still in the area, she has a hole by a tree in our front yard.  But because she is a bull snake we won't kill her, she kills rattle snakes.  One year we had a smooth green snake make it into the basement!  It was sitting 5 ft from me for several hours and I didn't even notice it!  That was the year of the snake, we also had a baby rattler in the garage, a huge bull snake behind the horse's water trough, and the cat was messing with a 4 ft rattle snake in the back yard.  This was during a drought, now that we have had wet years for the past 3 years, we don't see nearly as many snakes.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP 6/16/13 ~ EDD 2/22/14 ~ CP 6/20/13 @ 4W3D
    BFP 1/1/14 ~ EDD 9/6/14 ~ CP 1/4/14 @ 4W2D
    BFP 6/24/15 ~ EDD 3/6/16 ~ Here's hoping 3rd time is a charm!
  • Options
    Two-ish years or so ago when we lived in a different apartment right by a body of water, my husband was out of town so I was in charge of our dogs' night time walks. This was in college so I took them out at like 2 am before I went to bed, the apartment complex was pretty quiet. We walked thru the metal security gate to get outside and walked right past this snake, both my little dogs and I nearly stepped on it before I realized what was on the ground. Idk what kind it was, but it didn't move. Nearly shit myself once I saw it, but coming from the inside of the gate, you couldn't see very well what was on the other side.
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OneRainDropOneRainDrop member
    edited August 2015

One of my husband's army buddies posted several close up pictures of a camel spider on Facebook. Spider pictures should be banned from the Internet. Like fo' real.

Yes!! My brother was in the ARMY and I can't even tell you the amount of times he's tried to show me a picture of a camel spider from his phone! I literally hit his hand so hard the phone flew across the room once... Spiders and I don't mix.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ah I hate I missed the siggy poll! We had a big family day yesterday after our sonogram (everything looked great and little heart beating away!) and headed to the city to take the kids to the science museum. Was ridiculously exhausted after that, and this morn I woke up so queasy that I couldn't stand to look at my screen. Just now starting to stabilize. Super excited to see this thread is several pages longer than when I last saw it though! Hurrah

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options

Asking this here to avoid starting a new post. I saw an idea to announce at work on pinterest. Basically you bring a box of kolaches or donuts to work and tape an ultrasound picture inside that says eat up my mommy can't be the only one with a belly. 

Be honest. Cute or corny?

and for some randomness. We have had the same FedEx guy here at work for forever and he shaved his beard a few weeks ago and hold crap he is soo cute! 

I think I would have done a cute announcement at my old job. I think that the general idea is cute if you leave off the ultrasounds photo, a note or picture of you with your hands on your belly may be better. If your co workers are like family then I say go for a cutesy way to tell them.

Yeah, you could maybe do that note and sign it "insert last name baby"

My office was small (30 ppl?) and like a giant family, and they would have loved this idea - with the modification of "signed baby LastName" instead of an ultrasound though, totally agree with that!

Autism mama! 
  • Options
    Anyone else's DH having sympathy symptoms?? Apparently it's a thing.
  • Options
    I really like the idea of using family names for my kids. Today I spent some time looking at dh's and my family trees. Turns out our ancestors had the same idea. I swear most of the men's names are John, George, James, and William on both sides. The women's names were a bit more creative including a Cinderella (born in the late 1830's). I guess I know where I got my hopeless romantic gene from. :-)
  • Options
    JLaVO888 said:

Anyone else's DH having sympathy symptoms?? Apparently it's a thing.

Yes mine, he gets sympathy everything even from the kids. I just roll my eyes at him this is our third so I've gone through it with him before.
  • Options
    No no no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SNAKES ARE SATAN'S CREATIONS!!!! Gah I would be moving immediately!!!! 

• Options
    Totally and it's driving me nuts. I swear his mood swings are worse than mine.
  • Options
    I hate that this board is so dead on the weekends... We're going hiking today! What's everyone else up to this weekend?
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    DH got bitten by a baby copperhead two summers ago mowing in flip flops. Yep, not a smart move. Then we were out on our deck, and we noticed a huge snake wrapped around the tree right by us. We live in the country...
  • Options
    smushi said:
    DH got bitten by a baby copperhead two summers ago mowing in flip flops. Yep, not a smart move. Then we were out on our deck, and we noticed a huge snake wrapped around the tree right by us. We live in the country...
    We live out in the country too, but none of us have ever been bitten by a snake!!!  Yikes!  Did he have to go to the ER?
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP 6/16/13 ~ EDD 2/22/14 ~ CP 6/20/13 @ 4W3D
    BFP 1/1/14 ~ EDD 9/6/14 ~ CP 1/4/14 @ 4W2D
    BFP 6/24/15 ~ EDD 3/6/16 ~ Here's hoping 3rd time is a charm!
  • Options
    smushi said:
    We live out in the country too, but none of us have ever been bitten by a snake!!!  Yikes!  Did he have to go to the ER?

He did, but they didn't do anything more than observe him. His leg swelled and was painful.
  • Options
    I felt a bite on my leg last night and then dreamt it was swollen, infected, and had to be amputated. Thanks, this thread, for freaking me out about spiders.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Options
    I hate that I am letting one user get under my skin. I'm so sensitive when it comes to MC and loss and I feel like she is so cavalier with saying "ugh I don't want to read about that here, what a bunch of Debbie downers." My words not hers. But it seriously makes me want to punch a kitten.
    Not to mention it feels like that is brought up on every thread she posts on. It's made me want to start avoiding certain threads since in my head it makes me feel like I'm boycotting that attitude.

March '16 August Siggy Challenge - Summer Fails
    imageBabyFruit Tickerimage
  • Options
    yodapup said:

I hate that this board is so dead on the weekends... We're going hiking today! What's everyone else up to this weekend?

We are getting ready to have my extended family over. We are hosting a luau /swimming party. It's really just a chance to get everyone together to tell them about LO. I'm a bit nervous! On the plus side though, I'm eating all the pineapple I can today! (HUGE craving lately!)
  • Options

I hate that I am letting one user get under my skin. I'm so sensitive when it comes to MC and loss and I feel like she is so cavalier with saying "ugh I don't want to read about that here, what a bunch of Debbie downers." My words not hers. But it seriously makes me want to punch a kitten.

I saw that, and it has bothered me too.
  • Options

I haven't come across this user I guess but I haven't read a lot of the threads in the past few days. That is unfortunate. Loss of any kind is something that should never be down played. We are here for support so I think it should be a given that loss will be talked about. I don't understand how that makes anyone a 'Debbie downer'. I doubt that person will stick around for long if that's how they feel.
  • Options
    Is it horrible that I am still annoyed by the fact my MIL used all the fresh picked blackberries for a stupid pie? Which was gross. I just wanted the berries.
  • Options

Is it horrible that I am still annoyed by the fact my MIL used all the fresh picked blackberries for a stupid pie? Which was gross. I just wanted the berries.

No! In my opinion fresh picked fruit is for eating uncooked. Bruised almost going bad fruit is for pie making.
  • Options
    I always do my friend's daughters hair for all her dance performances and pictures... Which is like at lease 1-2 times a month. I used to not mind... Now that I'm pregnant it is the last thing I feel like doing.... I just want to be lazy with DH on his day off today and now I have to go do her hair at 3:00.
  • Options
    We are trying to get as much crap done around the house as possible today. I am going crazy with how messy it is and dh goes back to in season hours (he's a coach) in 3 weeks, which means nailing in shingles, fixing the garage etc needs to be done asap! However, since my mom is visiting I plan to make a homemade lasagna for us to have a nice sit down dinner and I am really looking forward to that!
  • Options
    I'm vegging on the couch again with my littles. I hate how unproductive I've been - the house is a mess, the kids have just been watching tv - but every time I get up and start doing something I get dizzy and headachy and queasy, so here I sit.

Autism mama! 
  • Options
    Also, I have salmon in the fridge that I have to cook today, and just the idea of it makes me want to barf. But I can't let it go to waste!

Autism mama! 
  • Options

I think this is the poster who is super down about hair loss ? Guess it doesn't take a whole lot to bum her out
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Options
    I'm sad that my ticker change day is on a Sunday when no one is even here. Haha. Selfish, much? 

My husband and kids went swimming this afternoon, and I'm lying in my bed watching Friends and thinking about taking a nap. Glorious. 
    Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems
  • Options

Yep bothers me too. I hope she changes her attitude once she gets farther along, but it still pissed me off.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    Also let's talk about how I went to a BBQ yesterday got home at 7:30 and I absolutely crashed until 7 this morning. I slept for 11 hours. My goodness.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    Left my phone at two separate public places this week (what's wrong with my brain) and I'm so tired, I can't peel myself off of the couch. I think DH thinks that I'm being overly dramatic and it makes me sad :(
  • Options
    Just got back home 45 min. ago and then DH got called into work... Talk about bad timing.
  • Options
    @skruhmin I just did the camping think last weekend for my birthday. Camping Sunday and fishing Monday, it was 3 sets of couples and no children (none of us have kids) and it was exhausting! I don't even have crazy symptoms like the nausea and stuff and I was dragging ass all on Monday.
  • Options
    Putting my question here so I don't add another constipation thread to the board . . .

I'm already taking a gummy vitamin with no iron and a dose of Miralax every morning in my coffee. But I'm still soooo painfully constipated. I can hardly stand to eat, because the food just turns to rocks in my stomach. Do you think I can add a stool softener to my regimen or is that just asking for trouble? 

• Options
    Ok, I haven't shared on facebook yet, so I have to do my whining here: 

Every Monday, I make my grocery list/meal plan for the week and go grocery shopping. I just can't do it today. Looking at the grocery ad makes me gag. I can't even begin to think about what I'll make for dinner all week. I just want to buy Ginger Ale and jolly ranchers and fruit. Why must my family eat all the time?!?! 

• Options
    Morning ladies, how are you today???  I just want to be in bed, but no, I have to be a responsible adult.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    reesaXdenreesaXden member
    edited August 2015
    I absolutely do not sleep well at night! I wake up feeling like I just ran a marathon! I do not remember feeling like this with my son!!!
    Wah!!!!! I just want to wake up feeling refreshed!
  • Options
    I went extreme hard core on satisfying my drink craving today at work.  Brought in a 1/2 gallon pitcher and the Tazo passion iced tea bags and some Simply lemonade.  Made a buttload of passion iced tea (with a splash of lemonade) and bought a 24oz tumbler.  I am getting my fluids in today, dang it!  (I've been sucking on the water front lately)
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options

I have my first US/viability scan appointment today!!! So nervous and excited at the same time! I also took a half day off from work today.......so I am REALLY looking forward to an afternoon nap!! :)

January siggy challenge - Pregnant lady problems