June 2015 Moms

Randoms!

Re: Randoms!

• @virginiaunicorn11 so jealous. I miss my bathtub
  • Loading the player...
  • yesterday I got my 6 week pp clearance. LO is down for his first four hour stretch. poor DH thought he was getting laid. sadly, it's my bathtub I've really been missing...! DH can have tomorrow.

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!
  • @Sjeff0816 I got some cotton pads from Walmart. Pack of 6 for $5. They were on a hanger by the nursing bras! I like them for around the house & I wear a disposable one over it when I go out. Just is case.
  • hoodoll82 said:

What is with all the posters I don't recognize? And their need to start threads for every specific situation? I don't really care but the clutter of the front page is making it hard for me to Bump efficiently while feeding LO :P

I find the grammar/spelling distracting. It should be very helpful when job searching. I would hire someone like that

• swaugh14 said:

Longest time away from LO tonight. Got my haircut, went to dinner with my BFF, was feeling good! Come home and help finish feeding the baby, stand up, she spits up what seems like 20 oz of sour milk down my cleavage...under my shirt...into my jeans. Bleh. Great night over @-)

At least it wasn't all in your just trimmed and still rockin the salon blowout hair.
    :-?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mellymar said:

swaugh14 said:

Longest time away from LO tonight. Got my haircut, went to dinner with my BFF, was feeling good! Come home and help finish feeding the baby, stand up, she spits up what seems like 20 oz of sour milk down my cleavage...under my shirt...into my jeans. Bleh. Great night over @-)

At least it wasn't all in your just trimmed and still rockin the salon blowout hair.
    :-?
    LOL Funny you mention that - the hair was my main concern once DH had LO!! Count me out for Mother of the Year. I practically had to do gymnastics to get my shirt off without getting spit up in my blow out!!
  • Just curious. How do you bathe LO? DS goes ballistic if he has to sit in the baby tub, so I've been holding him in my lap and bathing him. (Still on pelvic rest, so the water runs out of the tub. Jealous of you, @virginiaunicorn11) My mom told me that he will never get used to a bath by himself if I do this.
  • @bbnmama2012 we have a baby bathtub. Makes bath time easier
  • mypower610mypower610 member
    edited July 2015
    Sjeff0816 said:

I need another daytime nursing bra and a sleeping bra. I feel like mine are constantly soaked and it's grossing me out. I also need some kind of heavy duty nursing pads. I have no idea how I can NIP when I'm so freaking leaky.

Anyway, debating a trip to Target. It really feels like I discover something else I "need" every day.

I use these nursing pads. Haven't leaked through yet.
  • @virginiaunicorn11 and others... were you not allowed to take baths for some reason?
  • @Sjeff0816 I love Bamboobies nighttime pads. They're much softer than cotton ones, absorb more and don't stick to my nipples. If I remember right, they're not cheap but worth it. I threw my cotton ones out, I hated them enough.
  • so.. what was supposed to be maybe an hour and a half total for LOs circumcision, turned into me getting taken to the hospital 2 hours away by ambulance and not getting home till 9:30pm

i guess i passed out while with LO (he was getting the procedure done and i was trying to comfort him) and hit my head really hard on something.
    so i had to getan xray and be taken to the hospital 2 hours away to get a CT scan
  • DH and I switched cars during my maternity leave to take some stress off the car he typically drives. It's needed two recalls fixed and so I'm finally taking it to the dealership tomorrow. I called in advance to get an estimate of how long it will take (1 hour) and so LO and I are going tomorrow. If I don't, DH will never get it done and the recalls aren't minor ones.

But: dumb idea, or dumbest idea?
  • mvargas12mvargas12 member
    edited July 2015
    @JessHeppell holy cow!! How are you feeling? Did you pass out from watching the circumcision or was something else going on?

@hoodoll82 crossing fingers and toes that they actually take an hour for you, or at least that your LO sleeps through it
  • @mvargas12
    i guess DH heard them talking about it and it has to do with lack of nutrients, my body is taking like all i get and putting it right into my milk, which is great for LO (probably why he is growing so fast) but not so great for me.
  • @JessHeppell OMG! I hope you're OK! Second PP - did you pass out from watching or was something else going on? Take care of yourself, gal!

@hoodoll82 also good luck on your car repairs... I once took my car and dropped it off for recall work. They told me it would be about 2 hours. I went home cause the dealership was pretty close and I didn't want to sit around the dealership. They had my car All. Day. Long. They called me to pick it up an hour before they closed, and I had booked my appt for half an hour after they opened. I would be sure to tell them that you will be waiting with a newborn so they don't try to shove other (paying) repairs in front of your repair (since its a recall repair they aren't making any money on it, its going to be lower priority for them. At least, that's what I think they do)
  • @JessHeppell strange that your husband had to overhear and that they didn't talk to you guys directly. Did they give you any suggestions or supplements to help you? Sorry you had such a scary day!
  • seeseaseesea member
    @JessHeppell omg! How scary! Seems like you and your LO had a big day. I hope the both of you are recovering and doing well. Please take care of yourself and remember to eat! I guess you could get some tips from @mellymar on how to eat with one hand while nursing ;)

@mvargas12 our hospital bill came out to about $170,000. Something screwy is going on with the insurance and I've been getting bills saying we owe $42,000 when it should be a $100. $-)
  • seeseaseesea member
    @virginiaunicorn11 I'm thinking that my hospital bill was ridiculously high because of LO's NICU stay. I don't remember it being that expensive for DS1.
  • JessHeppellJessHeppell member
    edited July 2015
    @mellymar its not from watching the procedure, im grossed out by blood or anything like that, i guess just not getting enough nutrients for LO and myself. and they said it also has to do with how early my milk came in that my body just wasnt ready for it @mvargas12 maybe they did talk straight to DH i honestly dont remember :P and i think it was more of a theory (never can be 100% sure why someone collapses out of the blue) than a "this is what you did wrong"

ETA: and to the rest of you lovely ladies, thank you.
    my head of course is killing me but im more worried about LO. :-SS
  • CillyMama said:

@virginiaunicorn11 I'm thinking that my hospital bill was ridiculously high because of LO's NICU stay. I don't remember it being that expensive for DS1.

Yeah, I should have quoted @mvargas12 Or whatever. Just find bills and health care systems interesting. My epidural had a $24 surcharge for it being a weekend and it being between the hours of 8-10 pm, for example. Maybe I'm just a weirdo in my bill interest, ignore me!

But anyway, @CillyMama it's so nice to be back in the same realm together so we can all chat again! We missed you during that NICU period
  • My bill was around $12,000 but I haven't seen the bill for the epidural yet. We had to pay 10%. I can see how a NICU stay would get expensive in a hurry.
  • My total bill came to $3000. Epidural was 5k, my stay was 22k, birth was 8k. It's a slap in the face to work for a "prestigious" hospital and still have terrible insurance.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • mvargas12mvargas12 member
    edited July 2015
    @virginiaunicorn11 that is a very affordable bill! I don't get why medical care is so expensive in the states. I mean, I'm sure your hospital bed was not any less comfortable than mine.
  • All my appts with the midwife and the homebirth were $4k total, if insurance doesn't cover she doesn't make you pay more then $3k total. Ultrasounds, blood work were extra of course but at in network offices. Not a bad deal but of course it was out of network for me
  • @virginiaunicorn11 that is so weird! My doctor prescribed two ten minute baths a day to help my virginia stitches heal. My stitches dissolved though. It sounds like others were told the same thing as you so it probably isn't a translation thing...
  • I was told baths in my tub were OK but swimming in a pool or using a hot tub were not OK. I just haven't bothered to take a bath cause my tub sucks. You truly only get about 3 inches of water in there
  • I had a c-section. I'm not sure if it matters, but I was told no baths for 6 weeks.
  • aj1327aj1327 member
    I was told no baths too (I had stitches). They said quick ones were okay but no long soaks.

@JessHeppell I hope both you and your LO are feeling better!