June 2015 Moms

Randoms!

Considering our last random thread expired on the 12th and its now the 19th and we're still using the old one, I figured I'd start a new one. And not set a close date... We can create a new one whenever this one gets unwieldy
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Randoms!

• Loading the player...
  • mindaamindaa member
    Oh, and I was looking at maternity photos today and so glad I got them because wow, that already feels like so long ago.
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• I hate that whatever I choose to wear I have to consider boob access. I have a very limited wardrobe.

I spent 20 minutes before church trying on tops to see if I could get my boob out. Ugh. I don't know what I'm going to do when school starts back (pumping). Most of these tops show some serious cleavage & I teach middle school.

[-X
  • i feel bad putting LO in a seat or swing when he is awake. DH does it all the time, and idk if i should pick him up and interact with him or leave him in the chair
  • HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited July 2015

i feel bad putting LO in a seat or swing when he is awake. DH does it all the time, and idk if i should pick him up and interact with him or leave him in the chair

THIS! DH is not used to LO having developed the last two weeks into "awake not hungry" mode where she wants to hang out and be interacted with. Not his fault, he's been back at work since this happened so I see the change the most since I have her all day. I don't want to micromanage him but when he's home I feel like he doesn't hold her enough. (He loves the crap out of her, but I think our philosophies are about 10% off from one another). He tries hard to keep our lives "normal" and I think he sometimes thinks things can be the same as pre-baby while I am too far the other direction. He's staying home with her from weeks 13-14 when I go back to work, that should be illuminating!

On another topic, I'm struggling with whether to buy new clothes or just stuff myself into my old clothes. I'm within 2 sizes of pre-pregnancy weight (not trying to brag, it's just the truth) so it's close enough where I really don't want to spend money. If I were a little further away from pp weight it would be a no brainer and I'd spend the money but I'm such a cheapskate when it comes to myself. And work clothes (office attire) is stupid expensive. I'm not convinced I'll drop the remaining weight though (frankly I'm not big into working out and this is not a big goal of mine) so maybe I just face reality and enjoy the shopping spree excuse?
  • hoodoll82 said:

Has anyone else NOT sent printed birth announcements? Are we just bad parents for not getting professional photos done to print and mail them to friends and family? It kind of escaped us in the aftermath of labor and delivery. I feel like it's too late now and I don't want the spend the money...

We didn't either. We just thought with FB, text, & email why bother? If someone hasn't seen her we'll send a picture (1 uncle in a nursing home).

Not sure if I should get rid of the shoes that don't fit me anymore (1/2 size up now) or if they'll go back. But it's been 6 weeks. I think I'm just sad to get rid of a lot of shoes!
  • @kkdb14 it only says to use backup for 7 days so you should be fine
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • kkdb14kkdb14 member
    @dancegurl1118 right, which helps with the anxiety, but the nurse said to wait a month. Why are there conflicting lengths of time? Shouldn't health care professionals base their advice off of the product information?
  • Since we moved LO to his crib, he has started wiggling around so much that he basically crawls around his crib. I put him at the very end and woke up with him all the way at the top with his head on the frame. I know most don't encourage bumpers but what other options do I have? Any ideas?
  • cheriep3 said:

Since we moved LO to his crib, he has started wiggling around so much that he basically crawls around his crib. I put him at the very end and woke up with him all the way at the top with his head on the frame. I know most don't encourage bumpers but what other options do I have? Any ideas?

If he can move that much, he can wiggle away if needed. It doesn't sound like he was caught in the slats or hurt. I don't see a reason for bumpers.
  • Related we used to use swaddle blankets but I'm done with that after I found LO wriggled out of it and blanket was inexplicably up by her head. Nope nope nope! Sleep sacks going forward!
  • kkdb14 said:

@dancegurl1118 right, which helps with the anxiety, but the nurse said to wait a month. Why are there conflicting lengths of time? Shouldn't health care professionals base their advice off of the product information?

I've never heard a month! Are you maybe on the mini pill? I've only ever been on the regular pill and a week sounds right to me for that.
  • kkdb14kkdb14 member
    @hoodoll82 definitely NOT the mini pill. I feel better hearing that you were told a week. I think we'll just go the BCP + condom route for the rest of the month to ease my nerves.
  • hoodoll82 said:

Has anyone else NOT sent printed birth announcements? Are we just bad parents for not getting professional photos done to print and mail them to friends and family? It kind of escaped us in the aftermath of labor and delivery. I feel like it's too late now and I don't want the spend the money...

We didn't either. We just thought with FB, text, & email why bother? If someone hasn't seen her we'll send a picture (1 uncle in a nursing home).

Not sure if I should get rid of the shoes that don't fit me anymore (1/2 size up now) or if they'll go back. But it's been 6 weeks. I think I'm just sad to get rid of a lot of shoes!
    My feet have grown with each pregnancy and they have remained the new size.

• Anyone else's DH want another right away? We're first time parents and he wants them close together. Like within 2 years. His reasoning was that we will do the newborn/sleeping stage all at once. I'm thinking toddler & newborn at once. Plus I feel like I'd miss out on a lot with this LO bc I'd be tired from pregnancy & a new LO. We're having an open discussion right now.
  • seeseaseesea member

Anyone else's DH want another right away? We're first time parents and he wants them close together. Like within 2 years. His reasoning was that we will do the newborn/sleeping stage all at once. I'm thinking toddler & newborn at once. Plus I feel like I'd miss out on a lot with this LO bc I'd be tired from pregnancy & a new LO. We're having an open discussion right now.

My boys are about 19 months apart. It's not really newborn/ sleeping stage all at once. Honestly, DH and I forgot what the newborn stage was like until LO got here. I guess we wanted to wipe that away from our memories! Now it's toddler and newborn at once. It's definitely challenging in so many ways and I'm hoping that someday it'll pay off having them close in age.

Ideally I would've wanted to wait a bit longer between both babes. It just so happens that DH and I are in our mid to late thirties and we wanted more than one kid. So we couldn't wait that long. If you can I'd wait it out until your first one is at least fully potty trained.
  • Poor pup is in so much pain. I'm crying at the vet now while they examine him. And the stupid other vet didn't get an X-ray of his tail or back legs so they have to take more..bye $300. Ugh the sound of his yelping is heart breaking. It's so stressful when they can't tell you what hurts.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @dancegurl1118 so sorry your pup isn't feeling better. Good call going to a different vet. Hopefully this one sees something the other didn't and your pup can get better!