April 2014 Moms

RTT 2.0

Re: RTT 2.0

• The worst, @sherks11 ! No ideas, but you have my sympathies. That's just awful!
  • @sherks11 does he seem constipated? Warm baths help with constipation. Any time my LO is having problems going we give her a bath and it does the trick. If not, I make my husband clean it out lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • @sherks11 I'm so sorry to hear that is happening to your best friend. How heartbreaking.

@0jamielynn0 What do they do when he bites? I wonder how you're supposed to get a baby to stop? Maybe the other baby's arm looked like a good teething device. Hehe :P

I don't know...I wondered that too. DH picked him up that day, so if it happens again I'll get more details! He iS teething so that might be it! :)
  • This girl is in no way constipated!! She usually poops at least 3 times a day, which also makes planning baths around the poops impossible. I swear she thinks it's funny now and does it to spite me!
  • @sherks11 -Yuck! Would it help at least for cleanup if you contained it a little? I use a little folding tub inside the big tub if I'm just bathing little one. Maybe clean up would be easier? You could even take it outside and hose it down?
  • I ordered a small pack of cloth diapers from Amazon and they finally came in today! I'm so excited!!! Hopefully they help with the leaks/irritation!
  • @sherks11 could you hold her over the toilet right before she goes in the tub? It worked for me once with lo's constipation. You just don't want her to start to associate the tub with pooping. Or maybe a swim diaper until this trend stops? Other than that, all I can offer is wine and sympathy!
  • sherks11sherks11 member
    edited June 2015
    @yellowflower15 no can do with the little tub anymore, LO wants nothing to do with it. She has to have room for her to be up and moving around the whole time (she refuses to sit in the tub).

@Talltrees82 Swim diaper is great idea, thanks!!!!
  • My kid slept until 8am this morning! Wa-hoo! I feel like a new woman! He started stirring at 6:30 but I left him because he wasn't crying and he totally went back to sleep. I haven't slept this "late" since Mothers Day.
  • That is freakin' awesome, @Talltrees82 ! I'm loving that my LO is finally sleeping through the night (knock wood) but he very reliably wakes up at 5:45-6:00 am. Hellooooo early mornings. 8:00 sounds so dreamy. (Ha! Dreamy.)
  • smushismushi member
    @rrachelle813 how are the cloth diapers working?

@sporty1216 glad your LO is sleeping through the night!  Sorry for the early mornings, but we're at 545 wakeups too so I feel your pain.

We spent the week at the beach and we're finally home.  Our awesome sleeper and napper turned into the world's worst on vacay.  DH and I came home exhausted!  I got no tan whatsoever, and never got to read a bit of my book... Sigh.  Vacations with children.
  • @smushi we're still trying to get the hang of them. I'm having trouble getting the fit right so we've had a couple leaks :(
  • @Talltrees82 8 am is AMAZING!!! I don't even know if I could sleep in that late anymore. We are thrilled that since summer has started and our alarms aren't going off that dd is sleeping until 6:15 rather than 5:30. Still early but that extra 45 mins makes a huge difference!
  • @smushi we just took a quick 2 day trip to the beach and naps were a nightmare too! She wouldn't even sleep through the night. We were up from 12:45-4:30am then up for the day at 6. Needless to say it was ROUGH and I just wanted to screw the whole thing and go home.

This terrifies me because we always go to the keys for about 3 weeks in July. I can't do that every night!!!!
  • Ok. So this 5:30 wake up seems to be a thing. @sherks11 --what is the secret to moving that to 6:15?! Anytime after 6 I can do. But 5:30.... Noooo!
  • I have no advice! Dd would wake up at 530 because that is when our alarms would go off. Now that DH and I are on summer vacation and the alarms aren't set, she just has naturally moved it to a little later. I'm sorry, I'm no help at all!!!
  • No worries! Still gives me hope that he will realize this is a bad idea. Haha.
  • I'm working out for the first time in forever. I think i might be dying.
  • @rrachelle813 good for you for working out! Like Jillian Michaels says, you gotta get uncomfortable before change can happen. Hope you feel less like dying soon :)
  • @Talltrees82 thanks :) I'm not a fan of cardio so I did some workout videos by dance fitness with Jessica. It's more like dancing then working out. Felt good to shake my booty ;))
  • Just put LO to bed snuggling a bottle of baby Advil. Whatever works, I guess, but I was hoping I could sneak out with it. He tucked it under his body and laid on it. Haha. He was committed! Still going to try to sneak in later though. :)
  • smushismushi member
    sherks11 said:
    @smushi we just took a quick 2 day trip to the beach and naps were a nightmare too! She wouldn't even sleep through the night. We were up from 12:45-4:30am then up for the day at 6. Needless to say it was ROUGH and I just wanted to screw the whole thing and go home. This terrifies me because we always go to the keys for about 3 weeks in July. I can't do that every night!!!!
    We just got back from a week at the beach, and this was us to a tee.  LO is typically a nap killer and an all night sleeper.  Things were so new he could barely nap (maybe once a day) and he woke up 3 times a night (killing me).

I think if we had stayed another week or so, he would have found a rhythm, but as it stood, sleep was awful and hard to find.  GOod luck!
  • LO has taken a few steps! Woohoo!
  • Yay @yellowflower15 ! That's so exciting!
  • @yellowflower15 Wahooo congrats!!!!!
  • I feel totally destroyed. I am still working 6 day 52 hour weeks and on staying up until 1am each night playing a new video game that just came out and have been looking forward to in awhile. On top of all that, my best friend is coming to town this weekend so I have to clean for hours each night. I just want a day to sleep and not take care of baby.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Congrats @yellowflower15 ! That's exciting!

And, so sorry, @BADASBKRCK That sounds hard. Are the new employees you all hired getting close to being up to speed?

I feel like I have become a general contractor. We've had our windows replaced and then I had a bunch of people come do bids on some siding and roof work. And we had our back door replaced (finally) today. I don't like supervising that kind of stuff and I like it even less when every time I report back what has been done or what I found out, DH questions it, or seems dissatisfied. I told him the other day I think he inherited the same predisposition to not believe experts that he's always giving his dad and sister a hard time about. Tried to keep it light, but it's true. And it's frustrating. Why hire an expert if you're just going to tell them they are wrong?! Blergh. On the up side, the house is looking a lot better. She should be in pretty good shape by the time her centennial rolls around in 2017. I want to throw her a party. :)
  • Yay for walking! @yellowflower15

@BADASBKRCK I would totally be hiring someone to come clean my house if I was as busy as you are! You can get a pretty good deal on living social or something ;)

We decided to re-sleep train tonight. It seriously took her 10 minutes of crying to go to sleep. I've been rocking her for an hour for the past month. Why didn't I do this sooner?? Hopefully tomorrow night will go as well as tonight did. :)
  • Thanks ladies!
  • We had about 2 seconds of crying tonight before C laid down and put herself to sleep. I feel like a new woman!
    Hope everyone has had a nice day!
  • We leave for vaca tomorrow with in-laws and I'm already about to lose my mind. We came up with a plan this past weekend in regards to packing overflow into FIL's SUV and that was supposed to happen today. But now they want to change everything. We already have our morning planned out and have to drop off our dog...I can't wait around for them to decide when they wan to get their shit together. so annoyed!!!! 
  • Ugh @rrachelle813 that sucks! It's so hard with a little one when plans like that get messed up. Hopefully they get it together and your vacation goes smoothly!
  • PIA @rrachelle813!!! Hope you have a great vaca!!!

LO slept in until 715 this morning!!! That is the first time that has happened in her entire life!!!! DH and I of course were wide awake questioning what the heck was going on?!
  • Thanks yall. I just hate when ppl change plans and are inconsiderate of other people's time!

@sherks11 yay for 7:15! Hope you feel rested!
  • Went to a baseball game today for Father's Day. What on earth made me think it was a great idea to go to a baseball game with a 1 year old and a 3 year old?! Remind me not to try that one again. Good thing I bought cheap seats... Although cable would have been cheaper ;)
  • A relative gave me a bag of DVDs and books she cleaned out from her kids that she thought LO might like... including Alien vs. Predator. I'm sure he will love snuggling up to watch that one next weekend! ;)
  • A relative gave me a bag of DVDs and books she cleaned out from her kids that she thought LO might like... including Alien vs. Predator. I'm sure he will love snuggling up to watch that one next weekend! ;)

OMG. Hilarious. Did she actually look at them and think this would be great for him or do you think she just grabbed a box from the basement and gave it to you? I kind of hope she really thought it was a great idea because that makes it funnier.
  • @yellowflower15 I think it was in there on purpose! Maybe for DH and I? There was also the movie Cars, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and some kids books. Most of the items made sense!
  • We got back from the beach and its fun catching up on here when it's been a few days :).

LO has been so so close to walking forever, and I was so hoping he would take his first steps at the beach. Well, he decided to wait until daycare today to take the plunge! He's there ONE day a week, and he does it there! Little stinker. I wanted to cry! It's beenso fun watching him wobble around when we got home though!
  • Someone rescue me from this vacation hell. FIL came on this trip WITH THE FLU. What happens when there's a 2.5 yo, a 14 month old and a 4 month old are around someone that has the flu? THEY ALL GET THE FLU. I just can't be around this man any longer. Friday can't get here soon enough.