April 2014 Moms

RTT 2.0

Re: RTT 2.0

• @rrachelle813 Fingers crossed that your kiddos stay flu free!!!!

How do you all rinse your baby's head after washing their hair?? I can't find a good method. LO hates it all. She stands in the tub (and refuses to sit) so I can't lean her back to scoop up water. She hates when I use a washcloth over and over to get the soap out. And she hates it when I use some water scoopers with the holes at the bottom to slowly rinse it out. Plus she knows when it's time to get the soap out because she hangs her head outside the tub so water gets all over the floor! I have no good methods!!!
  • sherks11 said:

@rrachelle813 Fingers crossed that your kiddos stay flu free!!!!

How do you all rinse your baby's head after washing their hair?? I can't find a good method. LO hates it all. She stands in the tub (and refuses to sit) so I can't lean her back to scoop up water. She hates when I use a washcloth over and over to get the soap out. And she hates it when I use some water scoopers with the holes at the bottom to slowly rinse it out. Plus she knows when it's time to get the soap out because she hangs her head outside the tub so water gets all over the floor! I have no good methods!!!

Same problem here so I've resorted to showering with her. I don't get it out all at once but I'll occasionally stick her head in the water to rinse. It takes a little longer but there's less tears!
  • Loading the player...
  • @rrachelle813 --the worst! I hope you all are protected from the flu! Here's to vacation ending soon!

And, @sherks11 , Lo doesn't hate it when I rinse, but I usually just for the gusto and fill a big cup with water before I even let him know rinsing is starting. Then I just make the best "visor" I can with my other hand before I dump it. It is so much harder when he decides to stand though. Could you hook up a spray nozzle to your tub? Would she hate that less?

LO figured out how to open the kitchen cupboards yesterday. They have handles from the 40s that have little latches you have the push in before you pull the door open. I thought we had a while yet before he figured that out. Guess I need to really baby proof now. Boo.
  • @sherks11 - any chance she'd lie down in the tub for a rinse? Both my kids have gone through phases where this was the best option. We speak to them very calmly assuring them that we've got them and try to get them to relax. We also at times do the surprise dump. We kind of go back and forth - when one stops working we move on to other. There are also those products that form a rubber visor - I've never tried that one. We have a bucket with a handle and a rubber front so you can form a bit of a seal/visor on the forehead when you pour - it helps a bit.
  • I haven't been on in over a week. Work is really killing me. Tonight lo got sick everywhere at my mil's...she is passed out right now but dh and I are both covered in vomit...even my hair...ewww!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• @rrachelle813 sorry to hear all the kiddos are sick :( hopefully it passes soon!

@sherks11 I use a cup to dump water on LO's head, while shielding his eyes with a facecloth... Sometimes it's successful, sometimes we have a meltdown. I usually only fill the tub with 2-3 inches of water so I can lie him down if need be.
  • I haven't been on in over a week. Work is really killing me. Tonight lo got sick everywhere at my mil's...she is passed out right now but dh and I are both covered in vomit...even my hair...ewww!

((Hugs)) :(
  • @BADASBKRCK I've been wondering how you were! Sorry work is still tough. How are the newbies working out? Hopefully you get some relief soon!
  • @BADASBKRCK I've been wondering how you were! Sorry work is still tough. How are the newbies working out? Hopefully you get some relief soon!

Ditto! Hang in there, mama! And sorry about the puke-fest. That sounds awful.

Yikes! You will laugh at it one day... Maybe many years from now ;)

Sorry about work and the puke fest.
  • I just watched LO discover that he could pick his nose. He shoved his finger in there with a look of surprise. Then he went to town and gave himself a nose bleed. Nice. Will have to monitor that a little more closely.
  • I just watched LO discover that he could pick his nose. He shoved his finger in there with a look of surprise. Then he went to town and gave himself a nose bleed. Nice. Will have to monitor that a little more closely.

:-&
    Sorry about the nose bleed though!
  • The other day I had to take the car in for a flat (third nail in the third tire in a week! Shoulda bought a lotto ticket). I really really had to pee, and had not planned on the stop taking so long. LO did not have shoes on. I did not have a carrier or stroller with me. So, he sat on my lap while I peed. This made me feel gross and like super-mom all at the same time. Haha.
  • @Sporty1216 I consider that 100% a supermom situation!!! I have always dreaded that same situation and have somewhat been in it. I'm always too big of a wuss and just end up holding it. Way to go!
  • @sporty1216 I have definitely done that before! When you gotta go, you gotta go!
  • @Talltrees82 - Happy Canada Day!
  • Yeah! Happy Canada Day, @Talltrees82 ! Hope it was fun!
  • @Talltrees82 - Happy Canada Day!

Thanks! You too! :)

We are at the cottage and went into town to watch the parade. Then beers on the beach in the afternoon and a campfire. It was great! LO loves the beach and playing in the sand with his cousins.
  • Oh, man. That sounds awesome! And sand! LO loves sand too--though he plays with it at the park. I wish we had a beach. I just learned about the trick to use baby powder to get sand off, and the first time I tried it, it was like magic! So I took it with us to the park yesterday and tried to get him cleaned up as we left--including dumping some on his head to get the sand out of his hair. Well. It got the sand off, but then stuck like glue to the sunscreen, so he had to ride home in his stroller looking like a little ghost! Haha. Next time, I'll bring a towel or wet wipes or something. :)
  • I jinxed myself. I was thinking the other day how nice it was that the kids had not been sick for a while. Bam! LO has had a fever since Wednesday evening. He's actually not terribly sick and when the Advil is in force he's pretty much fine, but he is definitely clingier than usual. He wakes up whenever I put him down and cries bloody murder. That's a little challenging when I also have a 3 year old who needs attention. Luckily DH just got home early and took her to the wading pool. I'm hoping to get a shower and out of my PJs sometime today :)
  • Hi RTT! I'm in and out because of limited internet connection. Still at the cottage for another week and a half. It's been fun but I've got a cold which is not fun! At least today is looking like it's going to be beautiful, and I bought some good cold meds. DH and I are going out for our anniversary dinner tonight while his cousin babysits.
  • @Talltrees82, sorry about your cold...hope the meds kick in and you can still have fun! Enjoy date night!
  • Why does summer always turn crazy?! I'm fortunate to work on a 9 month schedule and have a summer at all, but the days filled with fun and random projects always turn into a million bigger, less fun projects to take care of. This summer, I feel like a general contractor. It's great to see things getting fixed. But dang. I am also trying to teach a summer course, do fun kid things with LO, take care of a bunch of medical junky things we have going on, and be a human! I am tired. Fall and the start of school will almost be a relief and that feels awful to say. Anyone else experience this sort of thing? I just want to have fun days with LO! Grateful for the time I do have, which is a lot more than I'd have if I was a year-round employee. Sorry for the vent.

Happy Thursday, everyone!
  • @Sporty1216 I fee the same way!!! My DH and I are both teachers/coaches and all the big projects always get pushed back until summer!!!

I've hit a new low... I have resorted to buying a litter box pooper scooper for LO because she poops in the tub so often X_X
  • Haha. That is awesome/gross @yellowflower15 ! Very inventive, mama! ;)
  • @Sporty1216 - I think you mean @sherks11 for the pooper scooper? It is a clever, but gross solution ;)
  • Oh believe me I know it's totally disgusting!!! But this girl poops in the tub at least once a week and I was tired of fishing it out with paper towels!!!!!
  • @Sporty1216 - I think you mean @sherks11 for the pooper scooper? It is a clever, but gross solution ;)

Haha. Yep. Sorry about that! Up at 5 am and clearly my brain was not working. Ha.
  • Hi RTT! I've got two things today....

First, a little tip I accidentally discovered....If you put coconut oil on their little bootie, it makes poop clean up super easy! It slides right up!

Second, a question....how much milk are your LOs getting, and do you use sippys or bottles still?
  • Good tip on the coconut oil! We are giving about 14 ounces a day of milk, and still using bottles. She won't drink it out of the sippy.
  • So coconut oil after a diaper change, and then if poop happens, it slides off? Awesome!

We are between 16 and 24 oz of milk. Mostly in bottles before naps. But if a nap gets skipped (more and more common these days), so does the bottle. Sippy at meals and in the morning.
  • kmos816kmos816 member
    edited July 2015

Hi RTT! I've got two things today....

First, a little tip I accidentally discovered....If you put coconut oil on their little bootie, it makes poop clean up super easy! It slides right up!

Second, a question....how much milk are your LOs getting, and do you use sippys or bottles still?

I have no idea how much milk she drinks! She uses a sippy and sometimes she'll take a couple of sips and sometimes she'll drink almost the whole cup. I'm guessing she drinks about 10 oz a day. We give her cheese and yogurt once or twice a day as well to make sure she gets her calcium in.
  • I'm still breastfeeding 2-4 times per day, so there's that milk. For cow's milk, he is probably drinking about 1 cup over the day. He kind of sips at it throughout the day. I think they're supposed to taking about 2 cups per day. I might be a little worried if I wasn't bf'ing. Oh - and only from sippies (is that the plural?).
  • Hi! Still alive, still working 52 hour weeks. Sorry I haven't been around, I'm just too damn tired.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Hi! Still alive, still working 52 hour weeks. Sorry I haven't been around, I'm just too damn tired.

Glad you are still here! Any end to those 52 hour weeks in sight? You must be absolutely exhausted.
  • 2-3 dippy cups per day for LO. She drinks a good amount of milk but not so much water. We are trying to offer that more!
  • I worry often that she's not drinking as much as she should be. She's still nursing a couple times a day but minimal milk and some water.
  • Anyone have any tips on getting rid of the bottle? I fear that my LO is only associating the sippy cup with water because she won't drink milk out of it.