April 2014 Moms
Options

RTT 2.0

Let's just start over. Don't break it!

Re: RTT 2.0

• Options
    DH and I had a very rare day off together and he volunteered to watch DD all day so I can work on cleaning. In two weeks we get one last day off together and its my turn to watch DD.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Options
    @BADASBKRCK‌ how is quitting smoking going?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Horrible night.  Had to go to a work event and take pictures, no sitter so LO went with me (and I wore him in the carrier).  He did great the whole time up until he had to go into the carseat to go home.  

WAILING LOSING HIS MIND RED FACE CRY FEST.

The whole way home.  I got home, gave him a boob to calm him down, then listened to him wail again while I changed his diaper and got his PJs on.  Then the other boob (he did that cry wiffling thing the whole time).  Now he's asleep in his crib, still doing that cry wiffling thing.  My heart is a smidge broken.
  • Options
    Horrible night.  Had to go to a work event and take pictures, no sitter so LO went with me (and I wore him in the carrier).  He did great the whole time up until he had to go into the carseat to go home.  

WAILING LOSING HIS MIND RED FACE CRY FEST.

The whole way home.  I got home, gave him a boob to calm him down, then listened to him wail again while I changed his diaper and got his PJs on.  Then the other boob (he did that cry wiffling thing the whole time).  Now he's asleep in his crib, still doing that cry wiffling thing.  My heart is a smidge broken.
  • Options
    @smushi‌ - that sounds rough. I know the cry you're talking about and it is indeed heartbreaking.
  • Options
    @smushi‌, oh god I hate hearing that little cry!

• Options
    Thanks ladies.  I'm trying to unwind.  I can handle a lot but him crying that way is not one of them.
  • Options
    Thanks chica, @elyse4281‌ :)
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @smushi that sounds so stressful! I hope you got a chance to wind down.

@BADASBKRCK‌ mostly quit is great progress! Keep getting back on that wagon!
  • Options
    Wow! Walkers! LO cruises on furniture easily, but is a fast little crawler and doesn't seem super interested in balancing on his feet. Were there any signs yours was just about to start @tlp2558‌ ?

• Options
    I finally quit pumping at work this past week and while I am so glad to be done with the pump, I am also sad to be done BFing. I actually really enjoyed it with DD (older DS never took to it and I EP'd). DD weaned herself from BF close to a month ago now only taking bottles and my supply took a big hit. The past few weeks I have only been getting enough for 1 to 1.5 bottles and it is so stressful and time consuming so I finally decided to give it up. Luckily I have a really healthy freezer stash that should last until she is about 12 months. I really wanted to BF at least the first whole year but I guess I can be happy we made it a full 10 months anyway. 

Also, DD is no where close to walking or even cruising yet. She is not even crawling. She gets where she wants to go by rolling, pulling, kicking and pushign herself along. 
  • Options
    @LolaX2 I hear you, I miss BF so much but DD decided she didn't want to do it anymore. I stopped pumping a month ago and I don't miss that!

• Options
    Totally random: When LO was a newborn, I had to feed her every 2 to 3 hours because she was losing too much weight. BF was not going well so it took forever to get her to latch, stay latched, eat, stay awake, and burp. By the time the whole process was done, I would have like 30 minutes to the next feeding. I got no sleep for days and was delirious (and this greatly contributed to my PPD). Anyway... I would set an alarm on my iPhone for the feedings. TO THIS DAY, if I hear that iPhone alarm tone (I think it's called "radar"), I immediately flash back to those days and feel utter panic, until I realize no, I do not have to feed the baby going on 30 minutes of sleep in 24 hours. Shudder.

TTC #1 since 2011

Me: 36, anovulatory PCOS; DH: 34, fine

Sophia Juliet conceived through IVF and born April 15, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Today has been the longest day. LO was up off and on since 3am, I had to go in to work today and was booked solid, got home to a hungry LO who would not take a nap. Finally sitting down to a pb&j and yogurt. Am so grateful that despite not napping, LO is playing nicely on his own and I can eat and bump.

@smushi‌ --what a long night! That screaming crying (and then the whiffling eating crying) is the worst. Hope today is going better.

And, @BADASBKRCK‌ --way to go!
  • Options
    Bota Box, love it!

My first book order from Shutterfly just came in the mail.  It's a wedding book that I made probably a year or two ago but never purchased.  I got a $10 coupon a week ago so I bit the bullet and bought the book finally.  It's huge!  And very nice.  I'm really impressed, can't wait to finish my first baby book and get that one in the mail too.  
  • Options
    My hope is to do a book each year. But I'm hoping I can do just one 2-page spread per month. It'll probably take me a year to pare things down that much though! So many photos. I kinda want to start doing a family yearbook each year too, but we almost never get all of us in a picture together. Most of our photos are just of LO. Maybe that's a new year's resolution I could handle--more family pics!
  • Options
    I'm doing one every quarter for the first year, then hopefully 1 a year after that.
  • Options
    That's a great idea, @hlm184. It does seem like there is an extra lot to document in this first year. How are folks dealing with video? I have no editing skills, but would love to find an easy way to put together and preserve favorite clips from the year....
  • Options
    I cleaned the crap out of the bathtub so tonight will be DD's first real bath!

• Options
    I made a photo book for each girl for Christmas. It was mostly newborn pics plus a few thru about 6 months. I also love Shutterfly!

I have also taken monthly pictures and filled out a premade baby book with a page for each month. It also has sonogram pics and info about the baby shower, delivery, dr visits, etc. My mom kept one for me and I remember loving to look at it growing up. There was something special about it being in her handwriting. I used to love traditional scrapbooking but just don't make time for it anymore

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    That's so frustrating @honeyzoo :( Sorry...

I'm so glad our pediatrician's office has two different separate offices:  one for well visits and one for sick visits.  That way the sick babies never mingle with the well ones.
  • Options
    Today will henceforth be known as the day the nose bulb broke :(  Right during a sinus infection too.
  • Options
    smushi said:
    Today will henceforth be known as the day the nose bulb broke :(  Right during a sinus infection too.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

• Options
    smushi said:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
    That's exactly how I sounded, too.
  • Options
    Acers said:
    @smushi time for a nose frida! It's magical!
    I've got one and it's great until I get whatever sickness LO has because of it.  After sickness #3 I said no more nose frida.
  • Options
    We have started using "no" here and there with LO. Well I used it today and she looked up at me, her bottom lip started to quiver, and she burst into tears. I felt horrible. I think I'm gonna give in too easily to this kid.
  • Options
    We have started using "no" here and there with LO. Well I used it today and she looked up at me, her bottom lip started to quiver, and she burst into tears. I felt horrible. I think I'm gonna give in too easily to this kid.
    Oh no! I dread this moment! So far she just thinks its funny, but I know this ^ will happen some day and I don't know if I can keep my cool.

• Options
    One of LO's favorite games is initiating a back and forth of head shaking. We might be in trouble when we need to make that motion mean "no" because, right now, it means "bring on the fun and games!"
  • Options
    Awesome. Sitting on the side of a busy highway because I hit a pothole that tore my wheel off completely. 1 mile from my Mil's house where I was headed to pick up did. Fun times.

• Options
    Awesome. Sitting on the side of a busy highway because I hit a pothole that tore my wheel off completely. 1 mile from my Mil's house where I was headed to pick up did. Fun times.
    Oh lordy :(
  • Options
    Awful @BADASBKRCK‌ ! Hope you get some assistance and to your dd soon!
  • Options
    Thanks guys...I'm at my Mil's now and she is giving DD and I a ride home soon. I want to be home with a glass of wine in hand asap!

• Options
    Enjoy that wine, @BADASBKRCK‌ ! Sounds like you need it!
  • Options
    An application of yogurt has fixed our three week diarrhea problem.  Thank god!  Also, a third tooth finally broke through... but not one of the ones that has been swollen for months!  Little dude is working on somewhere from 4-6 teeth right now!!
  • Options
    DD sounds like she is speaking angry Chinese right now