April 2014 Moms

RTT 2.0

Re: RTT 2.0

• Thank you,@manders803! Nursing now, so I'll try that!

Are you weaning or sort of weaning? If so, that would probably explain why it's happening now.
    I went down to morning and bedtime only almost two months ago...but I'm sure my body is making adjustments. It seems better, but is still there a little bit. Considering dropping the morning session, but should probably wait until this resolves, right?
  • No problem @Sporty1216 I hope it helped :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you,@manders803! Nursing now, so I'll try that!

Are you weaning or sort of weaning? If so, that would probably explain why it's happening now.
    I went down to morning and bedtime only almost two months ago...but I'm sure my body is making adjustments. It seems better, but is still there a little bit. Considering dropping the morning session, but should probably wait until this resolves, right?
    I think I would wait, but of course I'm no expert. I just know how uncomfortable I've been with blocked ducts. I would want that resolved as soon as possible and I think dropping a session could add to the problem.
  • Why do babies always refuse to sleep on the days you most need them to?!
  • Why do babies always refuse to sleep on the days you most need them to?!

Ugh I know! It's like they have a sixth sense or something!
  • LO took his first real independent steps yesterday and has repeated the feat a couple of times today. It is certainly not yet his preferred mode of transport, but it is so darn cute. I'm spending all day trying to get him to do it again. I'll probably curse myself for that one day. Haha.
  • Mine started too this weekend. It is so exciting even though I know it will make life infinitely more complicated.
  • smushismushi member
    Bumpin in.

Missing you girls.  I tell my DH all the time how said I am that our bump imploded.  I'm this close to wanted to be KTFU so I can join a new BMB because those aren't tainted by the 'fallout'.  Sad business.  Love you ladies and I'm so glad for all the shared experiences here!  LO is still getting some formula.  Is that awful?  He has a dairy sensitivity and doesn't enjoy almond milk or a mix of bm and almond milk.  So he gets formula in the slender moment.  Is that bad?
  • Hey there, @smushi! Nice to see you! The implosion is/was sad. But glad this group is still carrying on. :)

No real advice about the Formula, but it doesn't seem like it would be bad... They keep marketing toddler formula to me in the mail, so that's something, right? ;)
  • We discovered this weekend that LO hates the pool :(( . I was planning on spending so much time there this summer! He looooves bath time, so I thought the pool would awesome! Not so much. Hoping he warms up to it!
  • kmos816kmos816 member
    C took her first 2 steps today.... Yay!

@smushi the only negative thing about formula is that it has a lot of calories which could prevent them from eating solid food- I'm sure a little isn't so bad though! C drinks almond milk and loves it- it was a seamless transition. It's unsweetened original.... We gave her some sweetened almond milk once and she hated it.
  • We're still waiting for steps. He's standing on his own for quite a while now. DD didn't walk until past 15 months, so I'm not worried. I did think he'd be walking at 12 months though - he seemed to be on that path. I think he's a very fast crawler and so doesn't see the need. Walking would just slow him down.
  • We're still waiting for steps. He's standing on his own for quite a while now. DD didn't walk until past 15 months, so I'm not worried. I did think he'd be walking at 12 months though - he seemed to be on that path. I think he's a very fast crawler and so doesn't see the need. Walking would just slow him down.

This was our DD too. Crawling seemed to work for her. But then within 3 weeks she started standing by herself then took her first steps. It's weird to see her not crawl anymore.
  • Wow! Yay for all the walking babies! LO was a late crawler (11 months) so we're not there yet. Not worried!
  • Lo is an April 2 baby, so he is just about 14 mo. Not a single word here yet. I figure all of the things will come in due time.
  • Mine is 4/4 no words here either.
  • We discovered this weekend that LO hates the pool :(( . I was planning on spending so much time there this summer! He looooves bath time, so I thought the pool would awesome! Not so much. Hoping he warms up to it!

I'm worried this will be DD's reaction too!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• LO slept through the night in the first time in a long long time. What an amazing feeling! ;)
  • We went to a dinner party last night, and apparently I had too much wine. I'm feelin rough today :(. I haven't been hungover in forever...I don't miss it at all!
  • LO slept through the night in the first time in a long long time. What an amazing feeling! ;)

Yay! Fingers crossed that this pattern continues!

That happened to us recently too...don't you feel like new woman?!

Also, I just started my first period since before LO....oooooh how I didn't miss this. Pretty sure my body is making up for lost time. And to make it even better, we leave for the beach today
    :((
  • I totally did! It was awesome. And then last night was awful. You win some, you lose some, I guess

Sorry about your period, @0jamielynn0 Bummer timing. But I hope you have fun at the beach anyway!
  • First period back is a bitch! It does get better, but for me they are still worse than they used to be.

• I am travelling alone with two little kiddos tomorrow. 5 hour flight, then my dad is meeting us at the airport, we're driving to the ferry and then a 2 hour ferry ride, followed by an hour drive to my parents' house. It's going to be a sh*^ show. It is going to be tough keeping LO under control on the plane!
  • Good luck @yellowflower15 it's only one day and deep breaths.
  • Talltrees82Talltrees82 member
    edited May 2015
    Good luck, @yellowflower15! Fingers crossed for an easy, uneventful trip for you!

@0jamielynn0 my first period back was a bitch too, it gets better! My periods finally feel normal again, but that first one was rough. Hang in there!

On glass of wine #3. By the campfire in the backyard. Crazy how we jumped right into summer. Not complaining at all! Cheers ladies :)
  • Good luck @yellowflower15 ! I hope it goes better than expected...but even if it doesn't, I hope the visit is well worth the trouble of getting there!

• I am travelling alone with two little kiddos tomorrow. 5 hour flight, then my dad is meeting us at the airport, we're driving to the ferry and then a 2 hour ferry ride, followed by an hour drive to my parents' house. It's going to be a sh*^ show. It is going to be tough keeping LO under control on the plane!
    Yikes! Hopefully that 2 hour ferry ride will help though, you will at least be able to devote your attention to LO during that time.

• I just found out that 4, yes 4, teachers are leaving at LOs daycare. I understand that day care naturally has a high turnover rate but this is not right. All 4 are going to other day cares which raises a HUGE red flag for me. From what I have gathered a main reason is that our teachers do not have set schedules and that they change on a daily basis. I also found out that when our day care jacked up our prices in January that the teachers weren't given raises (even though both the director and owner listed that as a main reason for the price jump). I'm nervous about this place. I love love love the teachers and that is why we have stayed but something is wrong. My husband thinks I'm overstepping by saying something to the director. Thoughts? The only upside is that LOs last day was yesterday (I'm a teacher) so they have until August to get their shit together.
  • Also I miss all the action on this page. I can only take so much "am I showing at 4 weeks?" and "I ate a sandwich with lunch meat. Should I go to the doctor asap?" I know having one baby already does not make me an expert in any way but REALLY!?!?!
  • sherks11 said:

I just found out that 4, yes 4, teachers are leaving at LOs daycare. I understand that day care naturally has a high turnover rate but this is not right. All 4 are going to other day cares which raises a HUGE red flag for me. From what I have gathered a main reason is that our teachers do not have set schedules and that they change on a daily basis. I also found out that when our day care jacked up our prices in January that the teachers weren't given raises (even though both the director and owner listed that as a main reason for the price jump). I'm nervous about this place. I love love love the teachers and that is why we have stayed but something is wrong. My husband thinks I'm overstepping by saying something to the director. Thoughts? The only upside is that LOs last day was yesterday (I'm a teacher) so they have until August to get their shit together.

I'd at least ask. You have every right to know what's going on with the people who watch your kid. Trust your gut!
  • ^^i agree. It definitely seems worth having a chat about.

On a side note, how did you find a place that will let you have 9 mo care? I teach too, but our local places all seem to require 12 mo attendance or whatever you would call it. We have someone who comes to our home to watch LO now, but I'm one of those people who always likes to have a plan b, just in case. ;)
  • @Sporty1216 we just don't pay during the summer and have to pay the registration fee again in August. We don't technically have a contract for our day care so we can cancel whenever we want. But because they know I am a teacher and we will return in August, they do hold her spot.
  • This daycare thing sounds so complicated! I have toyed with the idea of putting DD in daycare one day of the week and I was told that some daycares don't allow that...and now your telling me that some require 12 month contracts?! Yikes...we will probably skip it!

• Oh yeah, and by the way.... I have a new-ish car! Yay!

• I would doubt that a daycare would take your LO for only one day a week anyways. Mine does 3 day or 5 day only. They just dropped their half day option as well.
  • @sporty1216 ours lets us do 10 month care, we just pay $30 to have them hold our spot from the end of June to the end of August.
  • Thanks @sherks11 and @Talltrees82 ! I really had no idea that was an option! We're happy with our in-home situation for now, but it's good to know that I can at least ask for something like that on a 9 month schedule!

And, @BADASBKRCK , congrats on the car! Woot!
  • This is super late to be trying this but we're thinking about trying cloth diapers. LO constantly has irritation from her diapers. It doesn't seem to bother her but It really bothers me. We've tried different brands and they're ok for about a week but then she breaks out again. Any advice on how to get started?
  • smushismushi member
    @rrachelle813 Visit the cloth diaper board and read.  I also watched a ton of videos on youtube about the basics (there's this one cheeky redheaded lady who does a lot of indepth videos, plus a lot of this vs that, and a day in the life of a cloth diaperer).  Those are great places to start.

@sherks Have you considered following some of the other teachers to their new daycare?

So glad my summer starts Tuesday.  Ready for a nice long vacation with LO.