April 2014 Moms

RTT 2.0

Re: RTT 2.0

• @sherks11 congrats!
    @Talltrees82 I haven't been getting notifications either. It looks like it's been that way for a while. I missed a ton!
  • I hadn't been getting notifications either! I just figured everyone must be feeling as braindead as I have been. Haha.

Sorry about your terrible bathroom disaster, @yellowflower15!

And congrats, @sherks11 ! That's super exciting. Hoping to join the club one month soon myself. ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks everyone! I've recovered from the bathroom disaster.

Congrats @sherks11! Such wonderful news. I've always gotten pregnant much faster than expected - I understand the shock :)
  • Congrats @sherks11! How exciting!!
  • I just grossed myself out. LO was sitting so nicely as I clipped his nails, I didn't dare move and I hadn't planned ahead by bringing a trash can over to where we were. So I just let his clippings fly on his bedroom floor. Yuck. But I got both hands done with almost no fussing. Worth it?
  • @Sporty1216 yes totally worth it. Complete meltdown over here for every single finger and toenail clipping!
  • We have a man cold in the house! I overheard DH tell DD that he had to take cough drops because he can't stop coughing. Ahem. I've heard him cough about 5 times between 6:30pm and 9:30pm when he decided he had to go to bed.
  • @Sporty1216 eh, just pick them up haha!
    @yellowflower15 good luck with that!
  • Guys, we just got this for LO and it's awesome! It does a little fountain spray in the bathtub and she loves putting her face in it. So fun!
    https://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/product.html?type=TRU_product_us&url=/product/index.jsp?productId=4365372&domain=http://www.toysrus.com&productId=4365372
  • @yellowflower15 --good luck. Man colds. They are the worst! Here's hoping it passes quickly.

@emilyann64--super cool!

• Talltrees82Talltrees82 member
    edited May 2015
    It's been a rough day that isn't over yet. LO is still awake screaming at 11pm. Was trying to watch the Survivor finale tonight and that's not happening anymore. DH took LO and told me to go to bed, but of course I can't sleep. I feel like I've let so many people down today. Mostly DH and LO.

ETA Finally got LO to sleep just before midnight. Feeling better this morning, but exhausted. Hoping today is a better day!
  • Sporty1216Sporty1216 member
    edited May 2015
    So sorry, @Talltrees82 I'm glad everyone eventually got some sleep and hope that today is a better day indeed!
  • Thanks for the congrats everyone!  Shock has worn off and we are super excited!!!!

I started joining in on the Jan16 board and let me tell you it is rough.  The amount of dumb questions is outrageous.  Someone also wants to name their child "Shark Finn" or "Blue Finn."  I don't know if I can handle this... 
  • Lol keep us posted on the fun drama:)
  • To go to bayou country super fest, or not to go to bayou country super fest. That is the question...
  • sherks11 said:

Thanks for the congrats everyone!  Shock has worn off and we are super excited!!!!

I started joining in on the Jan16 board and let me tell you it is rough.  The amount of dumb questions is outrageous.  Someone also wants to name their child "Shark Finn" or "Blue Finn."  I don't know if I can handle this... 
    2016! Seems so far away, but really it's not. And it sounds like I must go lurk....
  • So sorry, @Talltrees82 I'm glad everyone eventually got some sleep and hope that today is a better day indeed!

Thanks @Sporty1216 . Today was much better and LO had a longer nap at daycare today. Hopefully going to catch up on the survivor finale with a glass of wine tonight!
  • Anybody a member of the facebook group? Not sure why I thought about it this afternoon, but I'm curious if it's still around.
  • Anybody a member of the facebook group? Not sure why I thought about it this afternoon, but I'm curious if it's still around.

I am, there are a few infrequent posts here and there.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Absolutely awful day at work. Coming home to my little girl's big smile helps...the wine helps too lol

• Talltrees82Talltrees82 member
    edited May 2015

Absolutely awful day at work. Coming home to my little girl's big smile helps...the wine helps too lol

Cheers, I'm havsome wine too!

Edit: was trying to fix some typos when Bump posted, but the typos make me laugh. Sorry your day was rough, here's to a better tomorrow!

I'm not for privacy reasons, but I sometimes wonder about this. I really learned so much from those ladies. They were an awesome bunch and I do miss them around here!
  • Ditto to all that @Talltrees82! And @BADASBKRCK sorry you had a sucky day! Enjoy that wine!
  • @Talltrees82, you just reminded me that there was a first group...to clarify, I am not a part of the first, original group...I'm not cool enough for that lol.

• @BADASBKRCK --sorry about the bad day. And @Talltrees82 --I think "I'm havsome wine" should be a real phrase! Love it.
  • We're having all kinds of diaper issues. Leaking and irritation are the main problems. I've tried switching brands and going up a size...nothing helps. Ugh.
  • Oh god, that bad day yesterday just got worse today. We just had 3 of our best employees leave for a competitor...right at the beginning of the busy season. We are so f#$%ed. Basically I will now have to work 6 day weeks and 2 11 hour shifts for the next month at least. I am freaking out right now so thanks for listening to me whine.

• PS-anyone want to move to the Rochester/finger lakes NY area and sell motorcycles for a living? Lol

• @BADASBKRCK --I'm so sorry! That's awful. I hope you all can hire some people quickly!
  • Oh no, @BADASBKRCK ! I hope you guys find new employees soon. Hang in there! And have some wine!
  • Oh no, @BADASBKRCK ! I hope you guys find new employees soon. Hang in there! And have some wine!

Lol...the second I told DH what was happening he pulled a bottle of sake from the fridge and set it up on the coffee table. You don't want to know how much wine I drank last night.

• I got pushed by a child today. Multiple times. He wanted back in my classroom, but I would not let him because he had already destroyed it and was threatening to "hurt" the child that tattled on him. Yesterday another child said f... You to me! Nine years old! I think it is time to change schools. I've always enjoyed working with the kids that need extra help, etc but I just don't know that I have it in me anymore!
  • Well. We got to MIL's and the first thing she said when she picked up LO was "you are a tub of lard!" Who says that to anyone, let alone a baby?! Let the fun weekend begin! And also, LO won't go to sleep and it is 10:30. Wheeeeeeeeee!
  • @mallyandryan that's tough. I'm in teaching and this past week was crazy, I'm blaming the full moon! In our staff room there's a quote "those kids that need love the most ask for it in the most unloving ways". It gives me more patience. That being said, you also have to take care of yourself and switching schools is best for you, then go for it. Kudos to you for working with those kids!
  • @mallyandryan - I'm not a teacher, but have quite a few in my life. I'm sorry you're having a rough week. One of my friends was literally beaten up by a giant 7 year old while her students watched crying and freaking out once. Do you get the support you want from your principal? I think that makes a huge difference, from what I can tell.
  • Woke up this morning and my boob felt sore. Strange, but whatever. Got in the shower and realized I have a massively blocked milk duct. Over a year of nursing and this is my first one. Time to go research how to get rid of this thing. Dang. It hurts! In other news, happy Saturday all. ;)
  • Warm water and massage. If your nursing do that and try to massage it while nursing.
  • Thank you,@manders803! Nursing now, so I'll try that!
  • Thank you,@manders803! Nursing now, so I'll try that!

Are you weaning or sort of weaning? If so, that would probably explain why it's happening now.
  • DD's newest thing is high pitched screeching when she is excited. It was cute at first, now it just hurts.