April 2014 Moms
Options

RTT 2.0

Re: RTT 2.0

• Options

Finally finished all the thank you cards from LO's birthday! Only a month behind. Whoops.

The benefits of a second or subsequent child... No one gives gifts anymore ;) Or maybe it was because it took me about 6 months to send the thank yous after his birth :) I am on the ball!
  • Options
    Re-entry from vacation is hard.  Hubby is struggling to get back into the swing of a job he does not love and that causes him a lot of stress.  That stress comes home, of course, despite the fact that none of us want it to.  I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it possible for him to do a job he likes better, but alas.  This is kind of the path he has to be on for a while yet.  Hoping we can work out some strategies to make it more tolerable, though.  Anyway.  Too bad retirement isn't an option yet! Haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    smushismushi member
    @sporty1216 life after vacation is hard... Where did you all visit on your vacation (living vicariously)?

Hope the stress levels get better at your house...
  • Options
    smushi said:

@sporty1216 life after vacation is hard... Where did you all visit on your vacation (living vicariously)?

Hope the stress levels get better at your house...
    We went to Lake Butte des Mortes in Oshkosh, Wi. stayed in a house right on the lake. It was amazing. Except for the millions (billions?!) of lake flies. But yes. Re entry is always hard. And school is ending for me, so that doesn't make it any easier for DH. the good news is, we're talking about it. So hopefully we can get some strategies in place for stress reduction and and increase in life enjoyment!
  • Options

LO has been constipated today, and really straining... I gave him prune juice, put him in a warm bath, and when he started straining in the tub, I pulled him out and held him over the toilet... Constipation no more! And I just got to flush it away! I'm feeling like a genius right now :)

And now I'm kinda sad that this is the stuff that excites me nowadays.

Totally. Impressed. That is seriously a rockstar move. Way to go!
  • Options
    LO kind of asked to go to bed tonight. Super cute. Climbed into my arms and then started waving "night night" to daddy. We'll see how this goes!
  • Options

LO has been constipated today, and really straining... I gave him prune juice, put him in a warm bath, and when he started straining in the tub, I pulled him out and held him over the toilet... Constipation no more! And I just got to flush it away! I'm feeling like a genius right now :)

Genius!
    =D>
  • Options
    Last night I broke a good wine glass full of mimosa...tonight I am safely drinking wine from a coffee mug!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Options
    Ha ha thanks @0jamielynn0 and @sporty1216! I was pretty proud :)
  • Options

This is amazing! I'm so jealous as last week we had not one but two poop accidents in the tub!
  • Options
    So DD has been nearly impossible the last four nights. After falling asleep easily and sleeping through the night for the last few months, out of the blue she has instead been screaming and won't sleep until 1am after a lot of various attempts. Tonight it was partly easy again and yet I am laying here listening to phantom crying. Is this a form of PTSD?

• Options

So DD has been nearly impossible the last four nights. After falling asleep easily and sleeping through the night for the last few months, out of the blue she has instead been screaming and won't sleep until 1am after a lot of various attempts. Tonight it was partly easy again and yet I am laying here listening to phantom crying. Is this a form of PTSD?

With my colicky first baby I totally heard phantom crying everywhere I went! And I am convinced I have mild PTSD from the colick!
  • Options
    DH is really awesome in most ways, but it really irritates the snot out of me that he just lays there and acts like he doesn't hear LO screaming his head off in the middle of the night. I KNOW you hear him. Offer to get up and soothe him. Just once. Or even just give me a little sympathy for having to get up...again. Uuuugggghhhhh
  • Options

With my colicky first baby I totally heard phantom crying everywhere I went! And I am convinced I have mild PTSD from the colick!

That happened to me too! I would be at work and swear I heard my baby crying... especially if there was white noise, white noise always turned into a crying baby.

• Options

DH is really awesome in most ways, but it really irritates the snot out of me that he just lays there and acts like he doesn't hear LO screaming his head off in the middle of the night. I KNOW you hear him. Offer to get up and soothe him. Just once. Or even just give me a little sympathy for having to get up...again. Uuuugggghhhhh

DH did this in the beginning, I just waited and acted like I was still sleeping so he would get up! (Don't judge, it never took very long for him to get the picture)
  • Options
    I think we will have to do away with the play yard soon. DD has started pushing the whole thing around the living room to reach things lol. She pushed it 4 feet yesterday to reach the coffee table... all the while dragging the play table and a quilt against the back of it lol. My child is a brute!

• Options
    LO mastered the straw! And I will never enjoy ice water in my straw cup alone again... But the good news is that it entertained him for a good 20 minutes. I'm going to call it a "sensory activity".
  • Options
    Y
    sherks11 said:

DH did this in the beginning, I just waited and acted like I was still sleeping so he would get up! (Don't judge, it never took very long for him to get the picture)
    He must be better a fake sleeper than me! I give in too quickly I guess. I'll work on it :). I'm just obnoxious about throwing the covers off to get up, plopping back down to make the whole bed move, taking a drink of water and setting my cup down nice and hard. Ya know, the mature way to handle it :)
  • Options
    Just poured myself a bowl of cereal with LO's homo milk. Oops!
  • Options
    So DH was out tonight and I was looking forward to a relaxing evening in my jammies... But LO was up four times since I put him down at seven. He's out now, fingers crossed we both get a full night's sleep!
  • Options
    Laying downstairs listening to a crying baby who should be asleep by now. Damn it. 5 more minutes and I suppose I will have to go up there.

• Options
    So the other day I had a rough kid day. My 3 year old wouldn't leave me alone while I was putting LO down and kept waking him back up. Serves me right for trying to be a good parent and encourage play while I was putting him down instead of using the iPad as a babysitter. So I finally gave up and left him to put himself to sleep. He was crying and DD was crying bc I wouldn't play with her when I had been putting her brother down. I then went to go to the bathroom and saw that the baby poop hadn't flushed properly (we cloth diaper). So I flushed again and obviously there was a problem. I plunged, flushed again and it overflowed... Poop everywhere - even running down the vent. And two little ones still crying. Nice.

So I called DH and admittedly was losing it a bit. Well he decides that we needed a plumber. He texted our contractor/quasi friend and asks for the name of a plumber who can come quickly. Our contractor decides it's an emergency and sends two of his guys. They drop everything to come. They're here before I can put a stop to it and they realize it isn't an emergency, just gross. They plunge our toilet and leave. Now everyone is irritated/laughing at me. I never said we needed a plumber! Can't I just call my husband to freak out about a literally shitty situation?!

End of rant. Thanks :)
  • Options
    kmos816kmos816 member
    Oh my sounds like a tough day!!!!!
  • Options
    @yellowflower15 that sounds like a terrible day!
  • Options
    Oh my goodness @sherks11!!! Congrats mama!!!
  • Options
    Jazma11Jazma11 member
    @sherks11 congrats!!!

I am having trouble bumping lately due to this gorgeous weather. I am still here though! I guess I'll do weekly polls rather than daily polls....lol
  • Options
    @sherks11 congrats! That's so exciting that it happened so fast for you! :)
  • Options
    It seems so slow around here lately! What's everybody been doin?!
  • Options
    For me it has been the weather, work getting insane ( due to the weather) and my days off being busy with mamas day, my sisters bday, the lilac festival, my uncle visiting...you get the pic. Usually I bump most on my days off (as in I check every hour for updates). No worries, aside from errands tomorrow I will finally be obligation free on a day off and can annoy everyone again.

• Options
    So today my sister randomly bought fitbits for her, my mother and I. Anyone else have one? This should be interesting. I'm hoping that it will lend some accountability to my weight loss attempts.

• Options

So today my sister randomly bought fitbits for her, my mother and I. Anyone else have one? This should be interesting. I'm hoping that it will lend some accountability to my weight loss attempts.

I don't even know what that is.
  • Options
    LolaX2LolaX2 member
    @sherks11 - Congratulations! How exciting! DS was just 2 when i had DD and they have such a special bond...I love that they are so close in age. You will be tired all the time...but aren't you already with just one lol?
  • Options

I don't even know what that is.
    Lol, its a wristband that tracks your steps, sleep etc. It syncs with your phone so you can log your food intake, compare with calories burned, exercises, water consumption, and see your sleep patterns.

• Options
    @BADASBKRCK, I want one! Let us know if you like it!

LO got like 5 bug bites the other day (whoops). They are big and red, but don't seem to be bothering him, thank goodness. Any recommendations on something to put on them?
  • Options
    Currently babysitting my friends 5 month old... Umm, I'm sorry but anyone doing the "Two Under Two" is just straight up insane!!

• Options
    LolaX2 said:

@sherks11 - Congratulations! How exciting! DS was just 2 when i had DD and they have such a special bond...I love that they are so close in age. You will be tired all the time...but aren't you already with just one lol?

I already miss being pregnant with NO child. I remember spending all day on Saturdays in bed watching Netflix! I get no sympathy/break/relaxation this time around!!!!
  • Options

@BADASBKRCK, I want one! Let us know if you like it!

LO got like 5 bug bites the other day (whoops). They are big and red, but don't seem to be bothering him, thank goodness. Any recommendations on something to put on them?

If the bites aren't bothering him, I would just leave them.

I bought some "family" bug repellant by Off Skintastic on the weekend since the mosquitoes were really bad up at the cottage. It says you can use it once per day on kids 6 months to two years. I just put it on Lo's clothing, and it did help! He ended up with a few bites anyway, but they don't seem to bother him either.
  • Options
    RTT doesn't tell me that there are new posts! Thanks Bump. I will have to check it regularly regardless of what my notifications say, just in case!

I've just been working and taking care of LO. And squeezing in time with DH. We went to the ILs family cottage this past weekend and the weather was amazing! LO played on the beach :)

LO's had the worst diaper rash for a month. I'm running out of ideas. His doctor had a look last week and said it's just a diaper rash. I gave him half an hour of naked playtime this evening and tried some Lansinoh nipple cream on it. His poor testicles are so red! But it doesn't seem to bother him at all.