November 2015 Moms

Where is everyone at with weight gain?

Re: Where is everyone at with weight gain?

• Just had my 16wk app today. I've lost almost 20 lbs. The doctor said she doesn't expect me to gain anymore than 10 lbs the whole pregnancy. The doctors don't seem to be as worried as me about not gaining weight.
  • 14 weeks and only up 3 pounds.
  • Loading the player...
  • Almost 15 weeks and 8 pounds!
  • FTM 15 weeks and change. Have gained about 5 lbs give or take. had no morning sickness at all. THANK GOD!
  • EMLarieEMLarie member
    No weight gain at 13 weeks. My doctor made me cut back on carbs since I gained around 50 lbs last pregnancy and had a very traumatic birth.
  • Almost 15 weeks, 2 lbs gained.
  • Noey80Noey80 member
    I lost 13lbs in my first trimester. When I went to the doctor on Tuesday...I was back to my original weight. I'm 16 weeks 2 days
  • lraubaughlraubaugh member
    edited May 2015
    I only gained 1 pound between 12 and 16 weeks but I gained 11 pounds before week 12 :(

Started 138 now 150
  • At 16w and I'd gained 6 pounds. It could be more now at 16w2d but the movers packed my scale yesterday.
  • KSabyanKSabyan member
    I'm at a 3 pound weight gain and I'm 15 weeks today.
  • 4 pounds at 14.1.. It would have been a lot more but I lost 6lbs with the flu a couple weeks ago an have only gained a couple back. I think I gained around 10 by now last pregnancy (36 total) and lost it all by ten months, even though I'm pretty small, the big first tri weight gain was pretty stressful and I'm happy to be at a lower point this time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm down 26 pounds at 13 weeks.
  • Lolo427Lolo427 member
    So I lost 13 pounds the first trimester, Luckily I'm at 16 weeks and nausea finally left me somewhere between 14.5 and 15.5 weeks. I went to the doctor and gained .5 of a lb which is good. My thing, was since they told me I was in shape prior to the pregnancy that I should gain no more than 15 lbs throughout. That seems crazy to me, and now I feel crazy paranoid about eating. Before this pregnancy I was a super super clean lean proteins and veggies girl, now I'm on the 'if I want it, screw nutrition I'm having it diet', very odd but I figured at least I'm eating. You guys struggling with food worries?
  • Lolo427 said:

So I lost 13 pounds the first trimester, Luckily I'm at 16 weeks and nausea finally left me somewhere between 14.5 and 15.5 weeks. I went to the doctor and gained .5 of a lb which is good. My thing, was since they told me I was in shape prior to the pregnancy that I should gain no more than 15 lbs throughout. That seems crazy to me, and now I feel crazy paranoid about eating. Before this pregnancy I was a super super clean lean proteins and veggies girl, now I'm on the 'if I want it, screw nutrition I'm having it diet', very odd but I figured at least I'm eating. You guys struggling with food worries?

I'm not. I gained a ton with my daughter and 40lbs was gone with in a week. The other 30 was gone in 8 months.
    This time I would like to gain less. But I know my body will do what it needs to do.
    No need to worry because most of it you can't help anyway.
  • 15w today and down 11 pounds. No sickness at all, just taking better care of myself. No worries though as I am still jiggly from my last baby. I gained 60 with DD1 and 14 with DD2, so I have no accurate gauge. LOL
  • Pontot31 said:

Lolo427 said:

I'm not. I gained a ton with my daughter and 40lbs was gone with in a week. The other 30 was gone in 8 months.
    This time I would like to gain less. But I know my body will do what it needs to do.
    No need to worry because most of it you can't help anyway.
    There is a lot you can help with smart eating and consistent exercise!
  • 14 weeks tomorrow and no gain yet but my MS is still working its magic. Slowly decreasing though (finally!!). I'm expecting to start gaining soon though, it feels like my appetite is picking up again.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • 16+4 and up about 5 lbs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sure that's just a bump in your weight from being sick the first couple months! I've lost 9 pounds in 4 weeks from being so sick and my doc said it almost always evens out to these "normal" weight gain levels. Also, totally agree with all the other gals that every woman is different and will gain weight as they need to. No worries!
  • 14 weeks and up 10 pounds. Same as with my son at this point. I gained a little less than 25 with him.
    Everyone gains differently.
    Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • sdnyc99sdnyc99 member
    At 15 weeks, I was up 8 lbs. I attribute some of that to the fact that I was running 30-50 miles/week pre-pregnancy but was so exhausted & drained during my first tri that I could barely drag my feet for maybe 10 miles/week.
  • @jesshock22 either me or u win I'm at 15 pounds gained at 14.5 weeks lol oops!

Phew! I was kicking myself in the butt reading everyone else's weight gain! I'm right around the same as you!
  • mollynap said:

@jesshock22 either me or u win I'm at 15 pounds gained at 14.5 weeks lol oops!

Phew! I was kicking myself in the butt reading everyone else's weight gain! I'm right around the same as you!

I'm right there too! I'm barely at 13 weeks though! My diet has changed a lot though, I went from mostly vegan to eating burgers and the like for the past few months. I was craving it like crazy, which was interesting because for as long as I had been veggie I rarely craved meat. The cravings are starting to die down though, thank goodness, but I'll probably continue eating some meat for now. I'm defiantly not getting myself too down for it though!
  • 16w1d .... Haven't gained anything but my pants will not button !!! And all of a sudden have a bump making my clothes feel snug
  • 15-5 weeks. Lost about 2 but have been super sick with a head cold the last 2 weeks and have been stressed by work and our move. I'm overweight anyway so I hope this is normal. I'm anxious to see my doctor this Friday to see what she thinks. Fingers crossed for a healthy baby!
  • I lost 8lbs in my first trimester due to nausea & a lack of appetite. I'm 16w3d & so far I've gained back 5 of the 8lbs I lost. Don't stress about your weight. Just eat responsibly & you'll be OK. I wouldn't worry until your doctor is worried, which is unlikely, I'm sure.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ash413ash413 member
    14 weeks, down 10lb
  • I have gained so much my sister thinks I'm having twins. Lol. I was 139 when I found out I was pregnant and I am like 154 right now and barely in week 15. Is that too much?
  • Having my ultrasound tomorrow. We will seeif my sister is right. Lol
  • I never changed my eating and the most I gained was 30 lbs in any pregnancy, the last two I gained nothing. I always wondered how some people gain like 70 lbs and some people gain none!!! But then, those 70 pound gainers can drop the weight and my 30 lbs Hung around and never left :(
  • denisamom said:

I never changed my eating and the most I gained was 30 lbs in any pregnancy, the last two I gained nothing. I always wondered how some people gain like 70 lbs and some people gain none!!! But then, those 70 pound gainers can drop the weight and my 30 lbs Hung around and never left :(

Mine was mostly water. I was very swollen. 40lbs gone in a week. The other 30 took a little more work.
  • denisamomdenisamom member
    edited May 2015
    Pontot31 said:

denisamom said:

I never changed my eating and the most I gained was 30 lbs in any pregnancy, the last two I gained nothing. I always wondered how some people gain like 70 lbs and some people gain none!!! But then, those 70 pound gainers can drop the weight and my 30 lbs Hung around and never left :(

Mine was mostly water. I was very swollen. 40lbs gone in a week. The other 30 took a little more work.
    Several of my friends gained close to that as well! And that makes sense because I didn't have the slightest amount of water retention in any of my pregnancies so didn't have the quick weight loss. I do think it's crazy how it affects everyone so differently! Although, they were thinner than me to start, I was never "heavy" but probably 30 lbs heavier than them to begin with.
  • No significant weight gain to worry about here, at 14 weeks only 1.5-2 pounds extra weight but it's not weight I am worried about! I feel like I have so much pudge around my belly, it can't possibly be baby yet, my lower belly hasn't increased much. However I seem to have grown a significant pudge all over my belly including upper. I have been bloated, sure, but now the extra fat is there even when I have no bloat like early morning. Anyone else has that? I've never been a girl to carry weight on my belly so it just worries me.
  • Yup not so much pounds gained (only 2 or 3) but I feel like my stomach totally expanded all around! It's wider and looks like a beer gut! I'm only 15 weeks so and I look normal (if not a little leaner) everywhere else so I think it's just shifting weight.
  • Embs33Embs33 member
    I'm 17w4d and have been all over the place. At 12W I was up 2.5lbs, at 15 W I was up 9 (!!!!) lbs, and now I'm up 7lbs. Ppl. Still no bump.
  • I'm almost to 17 weeks and down 5 lbs. I lost 15 in the first trimester with my first baby. I just feel full really fast these days and I think that's ok. I am in the try to only gain 15 lbs club. But I am just eating when I feel like I need to and stopping when I feel full. I'm just happy that I can stick my fat gut out and don't have to suck it in for the next however many months. :)
  • I'm 17w... gained at least 15 lbs so far... I had no MS and was always starving from day 1 of being preggo. I probably gained 10 just in 1st trimester when i was also just plain exhausted. Not going to the gym has really not helped. Vacation in Mexico probably didn't help either. Dr. hasn't really disapproved of my weight gain at this point yet, just said to make healthier food choices.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm 17w today. I lost 8lbs in the first 12 weeks so am just now getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I gained 30 with the last 2 so I'm hoping to keep it around the same! I never lost weight in the beginning with them though..
  • I've gained 5lbs and I'm now 14 weeks :D