July 2014 Moms

Random thread- for all things random.

Re: Random thread- for all things random.

• Loading the player...
  • I've learned a lot about baby shower etiquette since joining the bump and have a question. I have a coworker who is having DD #2. His girls will be 14 years apart so his wife is having a baby shower which seems fine to me. In that case is it okay to have another shower? I was just curious.

No.

The point of a shower is to welcome a mother into motherhood. Once you are a mother you really don't need to be welcomed again.

Contrary to popular belief, showers are not for the presents because "I got rid of all my baby stuff".
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • I love waking up to see an "Extreme Cold Warning" on the Weather Network. We have a doctors appt today...wishing we could stay home snugged under warm blankets :(
  • honeybee434honeybee434 member
    edited January 2015
    Zuul said:

Baby fever is creeping up on me again. Someone slap some sense into me.

You can come and spend one night with DD. Just the thought that your next baby could sleep so little would probably fix that fever. ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • darkangel42darkangel42 member
    edited January 2015
    JUST DELETE MY CONTENT
  • I feel like a complete weirdo now, (not so) patiently waiting to TTC again...

Definitely a weirdo :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I cannot even tell you how many times I yelled I'M NOT DOING THIS AGAIN to my DH during the first few months of DD's life. Now my uterus is all "Let's do this again." And I'm all "wtf?!"

With all that being said, we'll probably start trying again late next fall. Which also means that if all goes well we'll briefly have 2U2. What are we thinking?!

• edited January 2015
    Lizzy42 said:
    I loved having a squishy little newborn. If I could have the first year (I'm guessing, only made it through 6 months so far) over and over again, without having to actually raise those kids, I would!
    @Lizzy42, you're nuts, girl!!   This has been the hardest 7 months of my life!  It's like having 3 full time shift jobs that run back to back, 24-7 with no days off  
    8-}

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• I don't want to have another baby... I just want DS to have a sibling. I had a pretty easy pregnancy and infant and I just keep thinking that the next one will be worse. Maybe the fact that I've thought this all through means that I'm in denial and totally want another baby  8-}
    DS1 was a difficult newborn but I knew I'd give him a sibling. DS2 has been a dream baby (minus the crappy nighttime sleep at the moment). DH keeps talking about #3 and I'm all half glass empty like "What if it's the hardest one yet! I won't enjoy my last baby!" and he's all half glass full "But it might be the easiest baby to be birthed ever!#!"

Needless to say, discussion has been tabled while I enjoy my current baby.

I do wish I could skip pregnancy next time, though. I loved being pregnant the first time but the second time it was just a chore. The only thing I enjoyed was baby kicks but I don't even miss those as much as I did after I had DS1.
  • Baby bump/pregnancy fever yes.... Not baby waking every 1.5-2hours to nurse fever or cluster feeding fever or 2am crying for I have no idea why fever or there's not enough time in a day for the two kids and full time job I have fever ! Just saying...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• The new guidelines. I don't like them. 
  • Is it against TOU to point out the mass banning happening on the Parenting board???!
    I'm really over TB. But perhaps that's their point. They're looking for a clean slate. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Is everyone in the exodus going over to pro boards like they did with TN? Ugh...must make avatar. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • The new guidelines. I don't like them. 

Too lazy to look. What's the deal with the new TOU? What's not to like??

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• No more trolling Tuesday threads. No swearing about people. 
    You have to be respectful and polite all the time, what's that about?!

• Is everyone in the exodus going over to pro boards like they did with TN? Ugh...must make avatar. 
    I made an account there. I'm redsand.roses. I know our board is pretty tame but I'm not looking for a BabyCenter vibe on these forums here and I liked the entertainment on Parenting.

• How do I find it? Can I from mobile?
    There's an app called Tapatalk that people use to access the boards there but I haven't really figured it out yet.
  • Looks like the book club I was in will no longer be happening. Is there a reason all of this is happening? Sheesh.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Was nice knowing you guys. Well, most of you.
  • WHATS HAPPENING :weary:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I take an afternoon off and now I'm so confused!
  • LeaLupins said:

How do I find it? Can I from mobile?

There's an app called Tapatalk that people use to access the boards there but I haven't really figured it out yet.

The app blows

• Someone PM me too and tell me where to go/ what to download!! I don't want to be left behind.
    I made an account there. I'm redsand.roses. I know our board is pretty tame but I'm not looking for a BabyCenter vibe on these forums here and I liked the entertainment on Parenting.
    I changed my name to oldwheeze. See y'all there.
    I think I went to the right board. I'm BigRock74
  • I don't think tapatalk works... If so I can't find the forum

I can't even log in. I'm using the mobile browser site. Ugh... It's like 2010 all over again, but it works better than this app

• It looks like they're making a bunch of BMB's too. Maybe they can make a July 14?

I'll start a thread in Aug 14

• I'm there. Same name as here. Kinda funny on mobile. I'll have to look at it on the desktop tomorrow.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Someone posted that they will add it to the Tapatalk app within a day or two. The Proboards app is no longer being updated (I can't access it at all on my iPhone) which stinks because it was super easy to use and I'm still not used to Tapatalk.
  • SkeemerSkeemer member
    edited January 2015
    Someone PM me too and tell me where to go/ what to download!! I don't want to be left behind.

Same here! Someone give my exhausted & completely confused self a heads up so I can jet on over.

ETA: I think I found it but I'm not seeing a J14 board. Any help please?

• @Skeemer

there isn't a July14 board yet, but there is a J14 round up on the August 14 board
  • ChrisBChrisB member
    edited January 2015
    I've been "following" you all over there, I don't know what it does but I don't want to get lost!
    LOL - I'm following you too. Same reason! Apparently we are 'friends' now :)
  • I like how the thread announcing the new guidelines is closed. That's a pretty clear "fuck you" to their members who don't agree with the change.

Wait, is that a personal attack? Damn, TB gods are breaking their own TOU.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"