July 2014 Moms

Random thread- for all things random.

Re: Random thread- for all things random.

• Never mind. I just read a few articles on what to do with a cold. Here's to hoping its mild.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • All you scarf lovers, what's your favorite way to wear your scarf? I feel like I look douchey when I wear mine. I need a cute way to wear them.

I recently bought a few scarves for my sister and myself from BrinaBox. They are really cheap knockoffs of the "scarf trends" of the year (the Zara blanket scarf, for example). The scarves are so pretty and so reasonably priced. We googled YouTube videos that showed various ways to wear the scarves. The videos were really helpful. I would definitely recommend checking some out.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Changing up DD's schedule today to incorporate more solids. Hopefully she'll pick up on it easily. The plus to the new schedule? Both kids go down for a nap around 1. 2 straight hours during the day of quiet? Yes please!
  • DD is thisclose to crawling. She's getting up on all fours and right now she keeps pushing herself backwards instead of moving forward. Holy crap, I'm about to have 2 mobile children.
  • DD is thisclose to crawling. She's getting up on all fours and right now she keeps pushing herself backwards instead of moving forward. Holy crap, I'm about to have 2 mobile children.

I think my child is just going to go straight to walking. She hates being on her belly!
  • honeybee434honeybee434 member
    edited December 2014
    I miss so many of the old regulars! I wish I wasn't the only one who didn't go to FB land! :( I totally was a newb and didn't realize how dead the boards get after the babies are born without going to FB. (end stupid whine for the day) ETA: I know this has been whined about before, I think I'm just now realizing it again since I couldn't be on that much the last few weeks and I came back to realizing I sadly didn't have that much to catch up on)

We started DD on food today! I puréed some peas for her. Not sure how much went down her throat, but she didn't hate it, so that's a plus. So can someone remind me: I'm supposed to give her peas for 3 days before giving her new food for allergies, right? I froze some in an ice cube tray. How many "pucks" do you thaw each time you feed them? Just one or two?
  • I miss so many of the old regulars! I wish I wasn't the only one who didn't go to FB land! :( I totally was a newb and didn't realize how dead the boards get after the babies are born without going to FB. (end stupid whine for the day) ETA: I know this has been whined about before, I think I'm just now realizing it again since I couldn't be on that much the last few weeks and I came back to realizing I sadly didn't have that much to catch up on) We started DD on food today! I puréed some peas for her. Not sure how much went down her throat, but she didn't hate it, so that's a plus. So can someone remind me: I'm supposed to give her peas for 3 days before giving her new food for allergies, right? I froze some in an ice cube tray. How many "pucks" do you thaw each time you feed them? Just one or two?

I was out of town when everyone escaped to FB. Oh well. As to food, they recommend 2-3 days on one food before trying the next. I'll probably make it 1.5 before moving on. I don't do homemade, but if you've got an idea of how many ounces each cube is, DD is taking down a 2.5oz gerber container each time, so something comparable would probably work for you too.
  • honeybee434honeybee434 member
    edited December 2014
    @jnnfrrose6‌ 2.5 seems like so much! But, then again, we just started so I'm sure for awhile it's just going to be a lot of her moving it around in her mouth and then spitting it out until she gets the hang of it. Ha. I'll try thawing 2 cubes then, that should be 2 oz. thank you!
  • DD hates Avacados. Hopefully she likes peas, spinach, or carrots better. Ugh.
  • @honeybee434‌ the first few times (maybe 4 times total) she didn't finish the whole container, so it was closer to an ounce each time, but today she finished a whole one at 2 different sittings. For the times she didn't finish all of it, I just put the rest in the fridge for the next meal so it doesn't go to waste.
  • Me three for FB missing. Didn't know it was a do it now or never thing. Meh.
  • DD hates Avacados. Hopefully she likes peas, spinach, or carrots better. Ugh.
    DD also hates avocados She seems to like everything else though but anything store-bought with pasta is treated with suspicion. 

@honeybee434 - I started with one cube then went to 2 when she could finish one and opened her mouth for more. So on and so forth til she now eats 4 at a time.
  • Night 2 of the peas didn't go as well. I don't think she is into them. But, she has one more day of them before we try broccoli or green beans. I read somewhere that it can take them trying something 10 times before they actually "figure it out" and will eat it if they don't seem that into it. I wish I remembered where!
  • Does anyone use a grocery delivery service? I'm getting it tomorrow for the first time and wondering what a typical tip for the driver is,
  • The FB group is almost as bad as Parenting, maybe worse.  Its like a freeforall to see who can post the most random of randoms.  I can't FB at work, so I only get to catch up at night or weekends and half the time I don't know what the heck is going on.  A lot of them have good relationships from what it seems, but I'm just a lurker (still) for the most part. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We've started solids and now DD is constipated.  Awesome.  Any suggestions for helping her?  Should I just get some prunes?
  • We've started solids and now DD is constipated.  Awesome.  Any suggestions for helping her?  Should I just get some prunes?

We give DS prunes every 3-4 days to help avoid constipation. It's seems to help. Pears sometimes do the trick too. Hope she goes soon!!
    We give DS prunes every 3-4 days to help avoid constipation. It's seems to help. Pears sometimes do the trick too. Hope she goes soon!!
    That's exactly what I was thinking to try.  Good to know I was thinking the right ideas.  Prunes kind of scare me because one of the families in DD's class gave their kid prunes so often that he got an acid rash on his bottom.  Scary and so sad for the LO to deal with!
  • @jnnfrrose6‌ I had no idea that could even happen! Good to know though. I'll definitely make sure he isn't getting it that often.
  • The kids were both good on the flight back...I don't know what caused it but it was much appreciated. Now to sleep through new years!
  • Danipg said:
    We're hosting a nye party and DH decided to invite his family for lunch and supper today as well. We still hadn't cleaned the house and we don't exactly have a lot of food we can make for 14+ people ( I have food for the party but not lunch/supper). Not impressed at all, I was looking forward to some downtime before the party.
    Their asses better be chippin in for those meals...and prep work too! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Don't know how true this is, but I've heard that some Gripe Water can help with the constipation. Good luck with it.

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• LeaLupins said:
    Does anyone use a grocery delivery service? I'm getting it tomorrow for the first time and wondering what a typical tip for the driver is,
    I consider this at least once a week. I really need to do it. I think the delivery fee would far outweigh the random crap that I throw in my cart when shopping aimlessly. 
    That's how I justified the fee (and even the tip). I definitely saved money just by solely buying what was on my list and not buying extras. Plus, there's usually coupon codes like $20 off your first order or $15 off $100 or whatever so it kind of cancels out the fees.
  • Does anyone else have a DH that is worried about stupid stuff when it comes to LO? Examples: I was changing LO, she reached out to touch the wall and DH said " don't let her scratch the wall she could get lead under her fingernails and then get lead poisoning." Uhhhh her room has been painted four times that I know of. I'm sure there isn't any lead she can get to... Lo can now roll both ways. When she goes belly to back she still doesn't have perfect control so her head kinda jerks a little bit. Instead of DH being impressed that she fingered out how to roll back he told me I can't leave the room ever because I need to catch her head so she doesn't lose brain cells when her head jerks...m I could continue but I think you guys get it. These two instances are just from tonight! It drives me nuts because he says crap like this all the time.

I think it's sweet. Sure, he's worried about silly/small stuff, but just imagine how he'll be about the big stuff. He cares, and that's what's important. It's not like you have to take his comments to heart. Just smile and go along with it.
  • @nolemomma14 Thanks! Your DS is a cutie and looks like he's having a blast on NYE! Loving all that hair! 
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Thanks everyone! He actually lost quite a bit of the hair he was born with, and now seems to be rocking a Mohawk lol. @iheartmyshiba‌ she's adorable! We tried a high chair this past weekend while out, but DS was not a fan! I'm looking forward to the day when I don't have to lug his car seat into the restaurants, he's getting way too heavy!!
  • I feel like an old person for saying this, but...come on already with the fireworks!! They've now woken DS up twice!
  • Thanks everyone! He actually lost quite a bit of the hair he was born with, and now seems to be rocking a Mohawk lol. @iheartmyshiba‌ she's adorable! We tried a high chair this past weekend while out, but DS was not a fan! I'm looking forward to the day when I don't have to lug his car seat into the restaurants, he's getting way too heavy!!

Thank you @nolemomma14‌ ! You've got a cutie on your hands too! I was a little worried so we had her car seat with us just in case lol.
  • Are all your LOs still in their baby car seats?
    DD2 is such a chunk and so tall (she's 6mo) that her feet hang out of it but she seems too young to go into the next size.

• Are all your LOs still in their baby car seats?
    DD2 is such a chunk and so tall (she's 6mo) that her feet hang out of it but she seems too young to go into the next size.

Yes, but we've got a peanut. 6 month check up Monday and 12lb 13oz, 25 in long. DS was in the infant seat until around his first birthday, but if you think yours is out growing it, there are plenty of convertible options that are designed to grow with baby. We've got 2 different ones for DS (one in each car) and the chicco seat we've got came with an infant insert (never used it) and will go up to forward facing once he hits the rear facing limits.
  • She just seems too young to be so big already and also I don't want to go car seat shopping (FFFC?)
  • @darkangel42‌ double check the car seat manual. My baby seat is good until dd is either 30 inches long or 30 pounds.

I have a chunk as well and suspect she will reach 30 pounds long before the 30 inches.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• kam3100 said:
    @darkangel42‌ double check the car seat manual. My baby seat is good until dd is either 30 inches long or 30 pounds. I have a chunk as well and suspect she will reach 30 pounds long before the 30 inches.
    @kam3100 She's tall too so hitting 30 inches might not be too far off! She's almost as tall now as DD1 was when she started walking. The seat she has says it's fine for a while, she just looks enormous in it!
  • She just seems too young to be so big already and also I don't want to go car seat shopping (FFFC?)

This completely! I'm guessing I only have another 2 months before DD will outgrow her 22 lb seat. Shopping for convertible car seats gives me anxiety for some reason. I think due to finding one that fits in my car and having to buy 2 instead of just one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"