July 2014 Moms
Options

Random thread- for all things random.

Re: Random thread- for all things random.

• Options
    It's -7 here tonight.. Feels like -21.. Thank god for wood stoves!!
    What the everloving fuck? Do you live in Antarctica?... No longer complaining about 34 and windy.
    -28 with the wind chill here. Gotta love Canada in the winter!
  • Options
    Its 2 here. I officially decided I want to move. New York is a shitty state to live. My previous reason for staying is I hate the heat - I dont want a bunch of months where I cant go outside due to humidity and heat. Then I realized - huh. I cant go outside right now because Ill freeze my face off. No where is perfect. Now to convince DH...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD dropped 26% in her height charts from 4 months to 6 months (94 to 68). Weight went up just a bit, but nothing significant. I know it's fine, but it still has me paranoid for some reason. FTM problems right here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The low tonight in Fort Worth, Texas is 21 degrees. The high tomorrow is 41. The weather when it gets this cold becomes breaking news in the morning. No lie. I almost died laughing. I was born in Wisconsin... People are still in shorts at 41 degrees. Hell, maybe even 21.
  • Options
    We had the duct work for our main floor replaced yesterday because my son's room has never felt warm. Bless the install guys. They stayed until 7 pm to get it all done in a day since it got down to 12 last night.
  • Options
    My parents have been officially divorced for 6 years today. It feels weird to think about how long it's been.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    DH is allergic to avocado so it's off limits for DD for awhile. It's one of my favorite foods and one of the first I wanted to start her with, so I'm a little bummed about it.
    Same here!  What's with these weird allergies, hubs?!  Is your DH allergic to watermelon also???

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• Options

@jessafishy ((hugs))

• Options
    honeybee434honeybee434 member
    edited January 2015

DH is allergic to avocado so it's off limits for DD for awhile. It's one of my favorite foods and one of the first I wanted to start her with, so I'm a little bummed about it.

Same here!  What's with these weird allergies, hubs?!  Is your DH allergic to watermelon also???

----------------------

Not that we know of? He didn't have a reaction to his avocado allergy until about 4 years ago, though (he is 30 now) when it started getting hard to breathe if he would eat some. I don't know the last time he has had watermelon, so who knows what else will come up at this point!
  • Options
    I had to get gas this morning because I forgot to last night. It was 12 degrees out with 30 MPH winds making it below freezing for the wind chill. I live in the southern half of the country for a reason, which is mainly to avoid this cold weather!

DD has a 100 degree temp from her shots yesterday and I want to be at home taking care of her instead of at work. :((
  • Options
    Lucanjo14 said:
    I had a patients daughter ask me yesterday if I was pregnant. She literally goes "I know I shouldn't ask but I saw a little pooch so thought you might be". Ugh I feel so sad now. Didn't think I looked that bad thought I just needed to tone. Weight loss thread anyone?

See @Skeemer‌'s thread from this morning about doing something over.
  • Options
    Lucanjo14 said:
    I had a patients daughter ask me yesterday if I was pregnant. She literally goes "I know I shouldn't ask but I saw a little pooch so thought you might be". Ugh I feel so sad now. Didn't think I looked that bad thought I just needed to tone. Weight loss thread anyone?

See @Skeemer‌'s thread from this morning about doing something over.

Come on over Luc. The thread was kind of accidentally started but I am so glad people are encouraged by it so I'd like to keep it rolling.

• Options
    Skeemer said:
    Anyone else finding all the goals & resolutions for 2015 a little daunting? It's like, day 3, & I feel a little overwhelmed. I know in my mind that the trick is to put all the goals into bite sized achievable goals but daaaaang y'all....the struggle is getting real. 

I'm on
    @Lori_n_Lior, is there any way the bumpjackie announcements can be dismissed? For some reason I can't make them go away. Now I'm wondering if I'm the only one that is weird about announcements haha.
    I agree. I like how on A14 the threads are right up top - no announcements!
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Options
    ChrisBChrisB member
    edited January 2015
    @ZeroZeroOne - so cute! Love the idea of decals!
  • Options
    I finally made a teething biscuit for dd, and of course she decided it was nap time.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
  • Options
    I've got about ten things to get on the church facebook page, rock DS to sleep, pack diaper bags for in the morning but I literally could just fall asleep right stinkin' now. And I've had my Red Bull quota long ago so that's not even an option. Blech.

• Options
    We tried to go out to dinner tonight with friends and DD decided to cry through half of it. It was awful. Everyone said she wasn't that loud, but I just felt like we ruined dinner and who knows who else's around us. Then I got depressed thinking that our friends aren't going to want to hang out with us anymore. 6 months is the hardest stage we have dealt with so far. She just gets so angry so quickly and won't put herself to sleep if she's tired. It's exhausting! When we leave the house I never know how long she is going to be happy for, which makes me not want to do anything. But then j get lonely. It's a Catch 22.

I then saw this that someone posted on FB and it made me feel a little better. This may just have to be a season that we step away from leaving the house too often until things calm down a little for her. I just need to remind myself this won't be forever and focus on the things I love about DD at this age.

https://www.loveplayandlearn.com/happinessinmotherhood/
  • Options
    I'm in the ER because DH got another kidney stone. The staff has been much more rude than they normally are. DH gets kidney stones all the time and usually they intake him, give him morphine and then do all the tests. They tried to do tests while he is moaning and can barely move because of the pain. Makes me wonder if they thought he was here just for pain meds....sigh.

They finally gave him pain meds, now the tests.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Why is their a 6 month regression?? Eww!

We are home from the ER. He has a 2mm stone that's 75% through so hopefully it finishes passing quickly. The staff said they were grouchy because an hour before we came in they sent a lot of staff home and then they got slammed. I think that's a poor excuse. Most people don't go to the ER because they are feeling good. I understand the job is tough but being rude to a patient that's in pain is just uncalled for.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Go packers!
  • Options
    The little guy is at his grandparents for the night and we have a night of appies and drinks planned. Let's see how long I last...I'm ready for a nap already. ZZzzzzzz
  • Options
    I finally looked up qfp today. Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    darkangel42darkangel42 member
    edited January 2015
    Hey @bumpmay
    you suck
    JUST DELETE MY CONTENT
  • Options
    Scariest moment I've had with DS so far. We gave him a bath tonight and DH was getting his pajama on him. I was sitting in the rocking chair. DH stepped away for a second to see what the dog was barking at and DS fell off of the changing pad. DH was still standing about an arms length away so he was able to somewhat catch him. DS cried for about a minute and then gave us a big smile.

I think my heart stopped when I saw him fall off. I'm so thankful that it isn't that high off of the ground, and that DH was able to grab him so he didn't fall straight on the floor. We weren't quite sure if he hit his head or not because it happened so fast. I called the after hours number for his dr and they told me what to look for as far as concussions go. So we are keeping an eye on him, but I think he'll be just fine!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @nolemomma14‌ that's scary! I'm glad your hubby was able to catch him and slow the fall. *hugs*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I was blowing raspberries in DD's neck while she was on the changing table and smacked my forehead on the crib really, really hard right between my eyebrows. I have a ridiculous lump there now and it's sore,

That hurts just thinking about it! I'm surprised I haven't done it!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Totally drop a flange/bottle while pumping at work and spilled milk all over myself. Lovely!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

DS has a chub rub rash under his armpit rolls...Any suggestions?

I use my diaper rash cream and it's been pretty effective.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Spent the Sunday with a stomach bug and now my supply has taken a big hit. I haven't pumped nearly enough today. Makes me wanna cry! I've been pumping just enough with somedays about 1-2 oz extra to freeze if I want to. This blows! :disappointed:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited January 2015
    JUST DELETE MY CONTENT
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    JUST DELETE MY CONTENT
  • Options
    "Pancakes" just happened in my house at 8pm. Since I started on my diet, I've been dying for pancakes...Mash a banana and beat in two eggs and cook in a lightly oiled pan. They are really more like a crepe IMO. Whatever you wanna call them, they hit the spot!
    I just saw this recipe today. Looks good, I'll try it this week!
  • Options
    kam3100 said:

I just spent probably 15 minutes standing in the nursery doing nothing but watching my baby sleep. I feel like my heart just might explode.

So sweet....I'd be standing there thinking 'please don't wake up, please don't wake up....'
    This. I stopped doing my additional check before I would go to sleep because half the time I'd go in there, she would start to stir. I need my sleeeeeeep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"