August 2014 Moms

Random

Re: Random

• We're doing our MOTN feed (he usually sleeps through it) and I sneeze. Now he's staring at me, half ticked off that I disturbed him, and half ready to play. :(
  • Eena- I did this last night too, but I coughed while burping him.  Huge mistake.
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • There is a repair man here to fix our irrigation system. He has rung the bell no less than four times. The last time I almost went to the door w the baby on my boob. If he bothers me again I think I will. Also...i am now going to have to go to work without a shower because of all this.
  • Quick question.... When LO has a fever, what temp would you go to the doctor?

• edited December 2014
    @arcarpe2‌ personally, if it was over 100.0, I would go to the dr. I'd probably call if it was anything over 99.5.

Eta words
  • arcarpe2 said:

Quick question.... When LO has a fever, what temp would you go to the doctor?

Late response but our pedi said 100.4 or higher
  • Thank you. LO was at 100 but went down after some medicine.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • All I can say is that I wish I could have videotaped DH's vasectomy so others could witness the freak out that was happening. I couldn't stop laughing. Then he yelled at me to get out then apologized and I said "It's ok, I'm sure I said some not nice things while I was pushing our babies out of me!"

FTR: I watched the whole thing (I don't recommend it) and it really wasn't that bad. I'm sure it hurt, but they get numbed. I had to have a lump removed from my lady parts in the doctors office while PG and it was pretty similar so I know how well he was numbed.
  • My husband is a hypochondriac. ....for himself and now on behalf of LO. I know it comes from a place of love and concern...but seriously. ......
  • I have a question because I was absentee for a while. We didn't go to A15 and do the whole we had our babies this year so we can tell you all about your lyfes thread, did we?

People do this?? I would hate if someone did that to me! Just bc I just had a baby doesn't mean I know exactly what you are going through.
  • I just pulled a giant hunk of wax out of LO's ear. That might have been some of the problem today.
  • I can't see S14 on mobile either :(
  • @addysmama22 well I only made it through page 2 so far...but that is quite a shit show...bahaha. that will get me through another feeding or so!
  • edited December 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh yes...I saw that!
  • Oh and um.. Has anyone noticed the thread about court on the board and feel like MUD? I don't want to call them out in case it's true, but it seems pretty muddy to me. /:)

Agreed. I must say though it's nice that we ain't got time for that. It's been a while since A14 had a real thread of drama that got the other months talking.
  • I replaced the membranes on my pump today and got an extra 2 ounces just now. This is the BEST Friday night! ;)

What made you want to replace them? Do they get worn out looking or you just thought it time? I have new ones but haven't pulled the trigger on opening the package
  • mmsweeney1mmsweeney1 member
    edited December 2014
    dvmmomma said:

I replaced the membranes on my pump today and got an extra 2 ounces just now. This is the BEST Friday night! ;)

What made you want to replace them? Do they get worn out looking or you just thought it time? I have new ones but haven't pulled the trigger on opening the package
    I noticed the suction didn't feel very strong anymore, so I googled and I guess you're supposed to change every 3 months or so. (I've been using the pump for 4 months.) Since they were so cheap at Target, I thought I would just try. Anything for more milk!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• DD is spitting up as much as ever. Just went to switch sides and she got me on the neck/down the cleavage. The warm, went, dripping feeling in the dark grosses me out more than usual.

• Sorry you're having a rough night @MC03‌. Hang in here.
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well we figured out why LO is waking MOTN- she rolls onto her belly and can't roll back. You'd think it'd be an easy fix by rolling her back to her back. Nope! Have to give her a paci to keep her content enough to fall asleep. And then she spits it out and we play the paci game. Please child, learn how to roll belly to back real fk'n soon.
  • I'm sick and tired of hearing everyone tell me how I should raise LO. I wish I could put them all in a time out away from my life for a few weeks.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • arcarpe2arcarpe2 member
    edited December 2014

Ugghh edit bc I'm trying to gif and I suck at it :disappointed:

• I love being so damn accessible to our parents. NOT. We live in a community where it is perfectly normal to just drop by without notice. This has to stop soon or DH and I will never be able to have sex again.

• @ChrisseB‌ we can't even do that because they come before any action can begin! And they stay until DH has to go to work. (He's on nights.)
  • My kid has a ravenous appetite and acts like he's dying of starvation for his motn feeding. He eats half asleep. He unlatched and when he went to relatch he took the side of my boob instead of nipple into his mouth and the suction from that tiny mouth, No kidding gave my boob a hickey! He was only sucking for a second but my boob immediately got a red welt. And ow!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"