August 2014 Moms
Options

Random

Re: Random

• Options
    Kandreas1 said:

This is AWish but I wanted a bread maker really bad for Christmas and DH said "we are not at the point in our relationship where I will buy you appliances for Christmas". We have been together nine years....anyways he came home with a bread maker for me today! I can smell the bread a baking from the nursery torture.

Lol appliances is all I ever ask for.. I love kitchen stuff, and I'm too cheap to buy myself the nice things last year I got a really nice set of knives and a crock pot
  • Options
    Oh this year is my fourth!
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lediaz said:

My kid has a ravenous appetite and acts like he's dying of starvation for his motn feeding. He eats half asleep. He unlatched and when he went to relatch he took the side of my boob instead of nipple into his mouth and the suction from that tiny mouth, No kidding gave my boob a hickey! He was only sucking for a second but my boob immediately got a red welt. And ow!

Oh wow! That sounds painful. But it did make me laugh!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in the "i love receiving appliances" for Christmas. Last year I got pots and pans and it was seriously the best present I got all year.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I hate reflux. It is the #1 reason why my girl wakes up :/ that's all
  • Options
    poofwokpoofwok member
    edited December 2014

@Dawn5481 Puppy! I would love a job working with dogs but none of them pay very much :( And I don't want to go back to school either.

I would love it too but I'm allergic to dogs :( I'm a huge animal lover. Not fair!
  • Options

Ok.  So I work at a hospital, FYI.  And I've been at work last couple of days.  The flu season is bad this year.  The strains of flu picked by the CDC are not a match for the flu that is "making the rounds".  So many of the people infected actually had the vaccine.  This pushes my paranoid button.  I have some Tamiflu for myself and DH just in case we get symptoms. 

They actually had this on the news a week or two ago saying instead of being this percent (sorry, I'm not sure of the actual percentage) of being protected against the flu, you are now only about 50-60% protected because a certain strain has mutated. Clever little viruses...
  • Options
    So I went to pump and as I was putting together all the parts, I found a spider in one of the tubes!!! Ewwww thank goodness I saw it before pumping!!!! X_X

• Options
    arcarpe2 said:

So I went to pump and as I was putting together all the parts, I found a spider in one of the tubes!!! Ewwww thank goodness I saw it before pumping!!!! X_X

Ew!!!
  • Options
    Poor DS cried the most because I freaked out and screamed like a little girl. From now on im going to be a freak about pump parts!!

• Options
    There is a salesman driving around trying to sell meat. If he stops here, I think I'll wake LO up to make her scream bloody murder and hope he goes away. If he doesn't go away, I'll then rip him a new one for "waking my baby up."
  • Options

I really don't understand why babies are born with fingernails. Why can't they come through later like teeth do?

Seriously @IceHide61313‌ this is so smart. I also don't get it. An extra week of nausea for fingernails seems unnecessary
    Yep and I'm going to add that cutting their nails at this age is also unnecessary and dumb and I hate it.
  • Options

I really don't understand why babies are born with fingernails. Why can't they come through later like teeth do?

Seriously @IceHide61313‌ this is so smart. I also don't get it. An extra week of nausea for fingernails seems unnecessary
    Yep and I'm going to add that cutting their nails at this age is also unnecessary and dumb and I hate it.
    It really is too bad they don't have claws like cats where you can just throw them in a bag and do it.

FWIW I've never had a cat and I highly doubt that it is done that way.
  • Options
    I want ice cream, donuts, cookies, cakes, pies, chocolate, and anything smothered in cheese. Why does LO seem to have so many food intolerances :((
  • Options
    Dawn5481Dawn5481 member
    edited December 2014

It really is too bad they don't have claws like cats where you can just throw them in a bag and do it.

FWIW I've never had a cat and I highly doubt that it is done that way.
    FYI they do make cat bags for the assholes that try to kill me at work.

ETA: I feel like child protective services might frown upon its use in children.
  • Options
    Lol @Dawn5481 probably. I reread that after posting and thought "um, this might come across really weird and bad but whatev's"

Currently laying in bed with my bed hog of a great Dane, drinking a beer, and bumping all while DH pouts in the living room. Fun times...
  • Options
    I'm trying to go back to school because in order to go into mgmt at my job, you need to have a degree or be actively working towards it. I forgot how incredibly frustrating the education system is. I have called and left messages to several advisers that I have to meet with, tried to register for classes only to be told I need to reapply to the college, and I'm certain I won't get any financial aid because I applied to late in the year. Makes me want to pull what little hair I have out.
  • Options
    I substitute teach usually only once a week. Well that day is today. DD has been a bad sleeper lately but usually just wakes up, eats and goes back to sleep. Not last night. No no. She woke up at 130 and decided she felt like playing and stayed up until 330 when I finally just put her in her swing. I had to wake up at 5. And DH has a huge test today so I couldn't even ask him to take her for long. The little turd is happily sleeping away now though.
                             imageimageimage
              Emma June 8/22/2014
  • Options

Men are stupid.

Do tell! I need a good story to start my day.
  • Options
    @MrsLeahBentley‌ just little piddly stuff. Nothing worth a story lol.
  • Options
    How disappointing @IceHide61313‌ ! I love a good story that stars with "men are stupid"...
  • Options
    @ChrisseB‌ rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover, and even possibly hand sanitizer should help w the glue!
  • Options
    Mine went from 40 to 75 in length. What? ? We switched peds though and the other place was a bunch of morons so I'm pretty sure they were measuring incorrectly.

FYI-morons for not being able to read the scale and telling me my child had lost almost two pounds when in fact she had gained two.
  • Options

I'm struggling with the fact that DS is only in the 25th percentile for length. My pedi isn't concerned, so I don't know why I am, but it's stressing me.

If it makes you feel any better, mine has been hovering around 5-10th until her appt today. She just hit the 25th.

Give him time. He'll catch up.
  • Options

Percentiles are based on current patient population I think. I plugged into numbers to webmd and got different percentiles than my doc gave me.

Ah that's interesting but makes sense.
  • Options
    Ya know what's fun? As soon as your wiggly baby stops squirming in your arms so she can nap, your dog starts gagging. Had to jump up super quick to get the dog out before she puked.
  • Options
    I'm fairly certain I am going to fight with some random women on Facebook because I commented on a friend's status (along with some other women) that I occasionally give my 2 year old Benadryl to sleep at night if it is 11pm and he is still wide awake.  My nurse mom told me it was ok, she does the same thing when she can't sleep.  Some lady said she couldn't believe what she was reading.  Sorrynotsorry that I want to sleep a little at night before my infant wakes up to eat. 
  • Options
    IceHide61313IceHide61313 member
    edited December 2014

Benedryl is the active ingredient in Tylenol pm.

Fun fact.

Eta, meant that to be funny, not snarky. I have horrible humor.
  • Options
    I am going to attribute this to the spiders in the pump talk but last night I had a nightmare about a preying mantis crawling up my back on my head and biting me and sticking it's nasty little legs in my hair. H smashed it for me. On my head. Barf. To make all of it worse I had the nightmare while holding DD for a MOTN feeding. I woke up sweating and breathing really fast. Glad I didn't launch LO or anything. I guess I need to work on my 230am alertness.
                             imageimageimage
              Emma June 8/22/2014
  • Options
    Just a fun story to share before bed for everyone :D
                             imageimageimage
              Emma June 8/22/2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"