April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My sister forgot to put the turkey in the oven. So guess who gets to go to work without dinner! I only got 4 hours sleep when I got off this morning. At least I have diabetic coma amounts of cheesecake.
  • Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!! We had a great day at my in-laws' house. DS got to see great grandparents and cousins and the food was divine. I may have some leftover pie as a late night snack. Sadly, DS is fighting a little bug and has a fever again tonight. Poor guy! Hope everyone had a good day!
  • Options
    Vjlewis07Vjlewis07 member
    edited November 2014
    Happy Thanksgiving RTT ! We are in Tennessee and celebrating with the in-laws ! Nolan slept through all the food action :( but it was a great day all in all.

For those taking cute Christmas pictures of LO what kind of cameras do you use !? I'm hoping to snag one on Black Friday
  • Options
    I'm really hoping Tula has a Black Friday sale
  • Options
    Had 2 delish dinners and DD gobbled down squash, potatoes, and applesauce :)
    She also got a few sips of apple cider, thanks to FIL, which I was not super pleased about.
    Now I'm curled up in bed trying to decide whether I should pump or not tonight. DD bit me so hard yesterday that she drew blood. I pumped last night and it hurt, and everytime she's nursed that side since it feels like it did those first couple weeks of nursing :(
    Also there's a little papercut-like gap in the skin where her little razor teeth cut into my flesh. Soooo... should I pump like normal, or skip and give it a little more time to heal?
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Options
    I... Am... So... BEAT. My feat haven't hurt this much since I was a waitress.
  • Options
    Could kill DH. I feel sick since I haven't eaten all day. So he says in front of the whole family: maybe she's pregnant. Nnnoooooo!
  • Options
    I will be in tears soon if Shea wakes up again. The first half hour of outraged and indignant raspberry blowing was sort of funny. But it has now been 2 hours that he is tired and ready for bed and fighting and screaming.

The only thing that distracted him was Shake it off...so on this day, American Thanksgiving, I am thankful for Taylor Swift and the cheesecake I'll soon be eating if I succesfully transfer him to the crib.

Hope that everyone has had/is having a wonderful day with their loved ones!
  • Options
    Coming up on 3.5 hours of sleep. Glorious sleep. Ahhh!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Pinterest:misskristina22
    Instagram:misskristina26
  • Options
    Today was great until bath time. We're at my grandparents, so I didn't bring Edolie's bath tub. I figured she could have her first big girl bath. My cousin, his wife and son came back to give me a few things their son wasn't using anymore, and he and my cousin's wife came to talk to Edolie while she was in the tub. Not sure exactly what happened because I was sitting on the floor behind the little boy, my husband was standing up watching Edolie, and she somehow face planted. I immediately knew to pick her up but thought my husband was going to do it. Nope. He stood there for about 3 seconds before I was like, "Get her!!" She swallowed and choked on a lot of water. :(( I was so mad at him and so scared, but she was fine within 5 minutes. :(
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    Happy thanksgiving RTT! I'm going to try to get LO to sleep in her crib this weekend since I have more time off and possibly more resolve. I tried a crib nap today, and that was a no go, but after she vehemently refused to nap in her crib she slept for almost 2 hours in her swing, and she never naps that long, so I still count it as a win

Photobucket imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Didn't pump and went to sleep instead :) But just nursed that side and omw! Ow. Ow. Ow :(
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Options
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Those of you who hate doing oven-roasted turkeys because they take all day, look into getting yourselves a NuWave oven. Same great smell in the house, and about half the cooking time for a delicious juicy bird.

Alera didn't get any turkey (maybe tomorrow... today... whatever), but she loved her squash and mashed potatoes, and her bun (just like daddy!). She even tried to be nice and share with Nana, and succeeded in getting a glob of butter up MIL's nose. XD

Now it's 3:30am and she's up after napping off and on most of the night. I have sleeping pills and lemon meringue pie at war within me. I predict a short sugar high, and then a coma. :|

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    Stayed up until midnight shopping and going our again at 630 am so of course George woke up at 5. Why did I shop so late with my sister??
  • Options
    Okay, my cold is in full force.  What kind of decongestant is okay while breastfeeding?
  • Options
    DS didn't get to enjoy as much thanksgiving food as I hoped. He went into a full on melt down right before dinner. He hasn't had one of these in months, it was so unexpected. He went awhile without eating and I went to make him a bottle, but it was Similac instead of the Target brand cause we ran out and Target wasn't open early in the day on Thanksgiving, so we bought the exact kind our off brand is supposed to compare to but DS would have NONE of it. He got so mad and cried and cried. I made him a plate of turkey and mashed potatoes thinking that would keep his mind off his bottle issues. He took one bit of the potatoes and screamed a cried some more (I think he thought it was going to be yogurt, which he is obsessed with.) Thankfully my aunt came up and took over for me and DH so we could eat something quick, but he wouldn't take a bottle until about 2 hours after that (so 6-7 hours after his last bottle.) My cousin was the one that finally got him to take it. Sometimes I feel like I can't handle my own child but I am thankful that someone finally got my crazy kid to eat! Hope everyone had a delightful holiday!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Options
    meg.eliz1 said:

DD face planted in the tub about a month ago, so scary but she was fine.

Well she ended up soaking through her diaper at 12:30, so there's that. Nothing was done differently other than her gulping down all that bath water, so i know that was the culprit. :(
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    Okay, my cold is in full force.  What kind of decongestant is okay while breastfeeding?
    I just looked at my lactmed app and I would avoid pseudophedrine. Try afrin nasal spray.
    Pseudoephedrine is totally safe for the baby. It can affect your supply, so if you have supply issues you might want to avoid it. I took it for like a week solid with a sinus infection and it had no effect on my supply. So if you're usually pretty ok supply wise, it probably won't hurt to try.
    I've been feeling a little sketchy supplywise lately... which might just be my head playing games.  I've got some nasal spray though, so I'll try that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"