April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options
    @RedDawnsRevenge‌ I love both of your daughters' names :) wish I had the guts to do something unique! (Or a husband who would let me, haha)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @poru when where you there? It's a very popular trail and the lake is gorgeous. All of those lakes a beautiful but they do call it mosquito lake for a reason, so go in winter when there aren't any, or prepare to be eaten alive.
  • Options
    The children will take my sanity today, I swear.

DD is whiney and requested an early nap (11:30 -- normal is 12:30). I asked her if she needed to poop: NO NO NO NO I WANT MY NAP. Wouldn't stop crying until I put her in bed. At noon, she's not awake and standing up. I go up: Poop. Change her, tell her to go to sleep. DS is screaming for his nap now. Give him a little Tylenol bc his teeth have been bothering him so much and he only napped 30 minutes total yesterday and only a 30 min nap this morning. Nurse him to sleep. I can hear DD upstairs still awake (and kicking the wall) at 12;45. Put DS down asleep -- immediately wakes up and starts crying. Run upstairs: MORE POOP. Change her again. GO TO SLEEP STOP KICKING THE WALL I LOVE YOU TAKE A NAP.

She's still upstairs kicking the wall. And the baby is still awake and pissed at his life.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    NoLaLinz said:

@Emily041285‌ Cane's Sauce from Raising Cane's. But that's a primarily southern fast food place.

We got a Raising Cane's here a few months back, but I haven't tried it yet

Photobucket imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @michaelad3 You have to go try Raising Cane's. It is sooooo good, and I adore their sauce - I dug up a copycat recipe of it at some point, but I've never tried it out to see if it compares. I know what I'm doing when I go home tonight...

• Options
    I also am sad at times my tiny baby is gone forever. She has grown so fast.

Ranch and ketchup, not really mixed, but touching
  • Options
    I love Sriracha, mayo, and Sriracha mayo.

My LO must be a magical sleep unicorn because he gave me a 7-hr stretch last night. Glorious! I dont want to say its because of the solids, but....

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    Is there anyway to get this Mei Tei on in public without these long straps getting all over the floor or ground?
  • Options
    I'm actually really nervous about this doctors apt for the girls
  • Options
    @RedDawnsRevenge‌ why are you nervous? It's a good thing

• Options
    I want a Grirasol so bad :(
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    I stand by the car and try to keep the straps in when I'm putting on the mei tai too. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
  • Options
    I just went shopping for my buddy. I'm sorry, but you got a lot of random shit in your box. It kind of represents MD. I think. Andplusalso it's going in a huggies box. Sorry!!!!

• Options
    BBQ sauce

I've been sad the last couple days, too. DS is pretty much out of his 3 month clothes so I need to go through his drawers and clean/rearrange. I can't believe he was ever so tiny to wear newborn clothes!

Also, add me to the 12 year olds. Sexy time in the meadow X_X
  • Options
    smushismushi member
    edited September 2014
    I'd probably say ranch, but I'd get tired of it quickly.

For those Whole30 venturists, I made all my own condiments when DH and I did the Whole30.  Mayo, ranch, salad dressing... with the right ingredients, you can do anything!

(that sounded like an 80's PBS commercial in my head)

ETA I had also found Whole30 friendly mustard for DH.
  • Options
    @dani+california‌ I'm in a sorority. And I specifically chose my college because they weren't popular there. Totally changed my life. I used to be a quiet, toe the line, never had a drink before girl.

Last week I was out with some ladies and most of the wild stories I shared began with "my sorority sisters and I..."
  • Options
    I was in a sorority in college. I don't consider myself still in it- I'm not a "srat girl 4Lyfe" person. It was fun in college, though!

Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    @embear22‌ love tit for the cute, not the lack of naps. Sleep baby!

Photobucket imageimage

• Options
    The letters lied. There's no medical and the girls can't be seen. Sitting in the parking lot crying.
  • Options
    @poru and @j&nl how are you both feeling? @RedDawnsRevenge‌ Hueh hueh you just showed us a picture of where you had sexy times I'm 12 ehehehe *runs away*
    I'm doing well! Thank you for asking. Now that I've turned in the paperwork, all I can do is wait so I'm not stressing about it anymore. 
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    smushismushi member
    edited September 2014
    Is anyone else here in a sorority? Surely the Canadian can't be the only one. I didn't even know we HAD sororities until I went to University. Half the time my friends ask me if I still talk to my fraternity friends, lol
    I'm in a sorority (although we're technically a fraternity - founded before "sorority" was a term). I have some really good friends from that time in my life and it's amazing how we can take up like no time has passed when I do get to see them.
    Are you a Chi O?

ETA Or was AOPi a frat too?  I guess Zeta is a frat too.  Dang, there go my poor skills.
  • Options
    Get over it, or justifiably annoyed?

My cousin (and maybe one or 2 other people) put together this young adult retreat thing. The first was last year, but I was big and pregnant (actually I was still small and cutely pregnant, but I didn't know it at the time) and needed to save money anyway. This year we have the money to go, but I was told I couldn't bring baby girl. I texted him asking why and he said it's supposed to be a relaxing thing, so it would defeat the purpose of that, and if he let one person's kid go, he would have to let everyone's kid go, and not everyone has well-mannered, well-behaved kids.

I'm just annoyed because 1) she's not a kid, she's a baby. 2) If anyone would be bothered by her presence, it would be me and/or my husband, and it wouldn't affect anyone else. And 3) she's breastfed, and I guess I could pump, but it would be so much easier to not have to do that, and I wouldn't be comfortable being 3 1/2 hours away from her for a weekend anyway.

I guess I probably do need to get over it (I have to anyway), but it's just dumb. :-<
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    @dani+california‌ I was/am a Pi Phi. FL Epsilon Chapter. That was my life for 4 years. I still go to alumni events.
  • Options
    @nolalinz I had Chuy's for the first time at 37 weeks pregnant.  That night I had heartburn so badly I threw up jalapeno ranch for hours.  

Never again... Shudder.

@mom2boxers Yes it was time consuming, but you can do anything for 30 days :)
  • Options
    LizChad09 said:

@dani+california‌ I was/am a Pi Phi. FL Epsilon Chapter. That was my life for 4 years. I still go to alumni events.

ZOMG I was a pi phi too.VA Theta woot woot!

• Options
    Tferr02 said:

Why can I never go to a place and just get my oil changed? They always tell me I need to fix 8 million things. Today my air filter is dirty and I need new windshield wipers. Seriously? Windshield wipers? Nope I'll buy new ones at Walmart that are rain-x and put them in my self, but thanks for trying to get me to spend a ton on them! Air filter, DH will fix when he gets here next week.

This is why I work on my own car when I can :/

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"