April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Yuma has an In n Out though! That was my first stop everytime I went there. Have you been to the testing grounds? (For the Air Force) And a chipotle! No I haven't, but WTI is starting so pretty soon there will be lots of jets flying above. I'm so excited. Eta: mobile bumping sucks
  • Options
    I just requested to be in the Girasol budget group. I'm hoping to get one very soon! I'm so excited!!
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The dream job thread is really having me considering going back to school.

You should become one of Bey's backup dancers with me
  • Options
    eireyes said:

Watching House Hunters right now, and I recognize houses in my neighborhood the couple looked at - this is so weird to see my town!!!

A friend of mine was on House Hunters. I was bummed to learn that he had to have already chosen/been in the process of purchasing his house before filming began. That realization killed it for me.
    Carolyn (33) & Steve (33) Married 1/28/12 DS 4/16/14 BFP 9/13/15~Due 5/20/16
  • Options
    J&NL said:
    I just requested to be in the Girasol budget group. I'm hoping to get one very soon! I'm so excited!!
    I did too!

I need another rainbow and I got $100 to spend!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

The dream job thread is really having me considering going back to school.

You should become one of Bey's backup dancers with me
    I am a TERRIBLE dancer!

DH said he would take me to a Beyoncé concert! I hope she comes back soon!
    I can't dance either, that's why it'll be perfect lmao. I hope you do get to go to that concert. I think everyone deserves to experience the awesomeness that is beyonce! You're catching "on the run" on HBO right?
  • Options
    mamrotu73 said:
    mamrotu73 said:
    Also, I was just thinking "I need a table saw." But them I remembered that my uncle, who lives only 30mins from our new place was a cabinet maker and built a lot their current house's stuff. I'm sure he has some really nice tools he would lend me and also give me pro-tips. I can't wait to move. And I love power tools.
    I love power tools too.  I want a miter saw so I can make furniture, though I don't have enough room in my house to make furniture.
    I borrowed a miter saw from a friend a while back (while pregnant to build a coffee table). I asked him of he would be around so I could return it before I moved and offered to buy it from him if he didn't want it back (he has previously said he has 2 more at home). He told me to consider it a retirement gift! Free saw! Its nothing fancy, not compound no laser sight or anything. But it was free and gets the job done. I'll probably buy a new blade for it and build all the things.
    I'm jealous of your miter saw.  I realize that I am weird, but I have wanted one since my days designing and building theatre sets in college.  I have a circular saw, skill saw and drill, but no miter saw or table saw.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    Now I want to get my loom out and make one of these rainbow woven wraps.  I just need to figure out how long and wide it should be.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    Oh, and Hi @Shelbysteffins.  I'm happy you decided to come out and play!
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    image  image image

• Options
    Care6582 said:

eireyes said:

Watching House Hunters right now, and I recognize houses in my neighborhood the couple looked at - this is so weird to see my town!!!

A friend of mine was on House Hunters. I was bummed to learn that he had to have already chosen/been in the process of purchasing his house before filming began. That realization killed it for me.
    Yeah I can't watch it anymore after reading about how it's scripted .

BFP 8/9/2013
    EDD for our baby boy 4/14/2014
    Eli Thomas born 4/22/2014

• Options
    Argh. So, my mom is here. By here, I mean visiting from out of state, and staying in my effing house (not the plan!!). We were determined not to let her babysit, and then when Sullivan seemed to adore her and we were like, um, how bad could it really be? We relented, and went to a movie and ran a few errands, and that was lovely.

Now my kid who sleeps 8-10 hours at night has been up every two hours. He's terribly overstimulated, under napped and under fed. Wtf?! How hard is it to offer him a whole bottle every two to three hours and let him eat as much or as little as he wants? My mom bf all of us so she thinks she "knows babies." Yeah, well you might feed a bf baby on demand and they don't eat as much. My kid has a pretty set schedule that he set. Way to pop in, decide you know better because he digs you, and fuck up his schedule. So now she's snoring on my couch downstairs sounding like a fucking chainsaw, and I'm awake up here having gotten up four extra times with my poor sleepy kid who has decided he is starving and popping the wubanub back in isn't doing it for him.

Oh, and DH got butthurt that I fell asleep first at 8:00, probably because I'm fucking tired, and woke me up then too. So that's five times I've been woke up tonight, and the night is still young! And I get to entertain my mother tomorrow. Grr. Go home. :-w

Hi, I'm Jessie, and I'm a terrible daughter.
  • Options
    @3crazykitties‌ DO IT! Quit your job and go back to school! We can be insane together!!! 8-}

@Shelbysteffens‌ Hi there! Great to have you out of lurkerdom! Well done @Vinny424‌. And thank you for the kind words!
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    @celticlullaby‌ tore back half a stocking the other day. At least you figured it out before you finished?
  • Options
    @3crazykitties‌ no plans for the renaissance festival yet, although DH wants to go.

@swerbtastic3351‌ we definitely need to get together! You can show me your wrapping wisdom because I would love to wrap if I could.

@Tferr02 yay! You're DH comes home soon. So exciting :)

• Options
    Thats our weekend hobby :)'
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    @dani+california‌ wow, you're brother is so talented!
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    Vinny424 said:

Watching a 9/11 documents on Netflix and it turns out to be a conspiracy theory about the pentagon on 9/11. I can't stop watching!

My husband is a sucker for those things. Not sure if I should be worried...

He says he just watches them because they are interesting.

• Options

Care6582 said:

eireyes said:

Same here @Care6582‌. This was when we lived in Austin. We were so excited for her and then she told us the requirements. I think she even said she had to provide all 3 houses (the one she bought and 2 that were for sale that somewhat matched her list of what she wanted in a home) Um...thought the whole point was to have them help you find a house. We haven't watched an episode since, and this was 4 years ago.
    Noooooooo!!! I can't wait to tell Ryan! I can't believe it! :((

• Options
    I don't understand how A can sleep through DH's "underwater weed whacker" snoring with her little ear against his chest, but when my ankle pops or the floor creaks she's instantly awake. Selective hearing much, kid?! 8-}

I don't get this at all.  DH set off the house alarm last night letting the dogs out and LO didn't budge.  Quieter noise?  Wide awake.
  • Options
    Those 9/11 documentaries are so addicting! They are so convincing and I still have a little seed of doubt in my mind.
    Ok, can someone tell me why these woven wraps are so great? I love my ktan but he is getting too heavy for it. I need to go find the beco in the basement, but now I'm also intrigued by these woven wraps.
  • Options
    @Shelbysteffens‌ BTW Welcome! Sorry I didn't say it before...wasn't ignoring you I just kept thinking I had already said it and then I looked back and realized that I didn't  :\"> So welcome and glad that you joined our crazy party!

@lia619 Sorry about the lack of sleep. Maybe she is teething? Or just wants to party. These crazy kids don't care that we need sleep!
  • Options
    @Shelbysteffens‌ I'm glad you're out of lurking. Welcome
  • Options
    embear22 said:
    Is putting two tea towels under under your feet and and dragging them through dog slobber/water dripping from the water bowl still considered mopping? I mean... my dogs seem to get more water out of the bowl then in their mouths.
    Sadly, in my house yes ;)

Disclaimer - I do mop but not as often as I probably should due to dog slobber and water.
  • Options
    I should stay off of facebook sometimes. I added this page awhile back in support of a local mom and every time they post updates, I just want to ugly cry and hug my baby real tight. :(
  • Options
    NOOOO!!! AF just decided to make her visit. This better be the fastest period in my life history! DH comes home in only 4 days!! :(

Going to go cry in a corner now.
  • Options
    Vinny424 said:
    Honestly not bad for 1 hr from Walmart image

I love when you quote things while scrolling. I have no idea what this is referring to.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"