Multiples

CRAZY COMMENTS

RynleighRynleigh member
edited October 2013 in Multiples
Edited so that @MrsLee04 can pin this as a Crazy Comments thread for everyone to contribute to. Share the crazy comments people make about your multiples!
image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

Re: CRAZY COMMENTS

• pinkmickey24pinkmickey24 member
    edited October 2013
    Some people are clueless. I am still baffled when people ask me if mine are identical when C has an olive complexion and D has a white complexion. Besides the fact they have totally different head shapes. However they do have the same eye color.
    ~TTC since July 2010~
    CD3 Bloodwork:Normal 
    HSG-Clear 
    SA:Low Morph 
    IVF with ICSI #1: ER 12/16 (4 ER/3 Mature/0 Fertilized) 
    IVF with ICSI #2: ER 5/17 (4 ER/4 Mature/3 Fertilized)/ET 5/20 (2 embryos transferred)-BFN 
    IVF with PICSI #3: ER 9/8 (11 ER/8 Mature/7 Fertilized)/ET 9/13 (2 AA blastocysts transferred) 
    Beta#1, 9/26/12: 719 Beta#2, 9/28/12: 1,436 Beta#3, 10/1/12: 3,446
    1st u/s on 10/10/12: It's Twins! We found out on 12/16/12 that we were having two BOYS!
    C & D were born on 5/16/13 at 10:46 am and 10:47 am

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel sooooo sorry for all the fraternal twin mamas! In a way, I think ID twin parents have it slightly better in the comments department!

• Everyone's an expert.....
    :-B
  • A woman today educated me about twins. Two placentas = fraternal and one placenta = identical. She asked how many placentas I had and informed me that my girls are fraternal. (They are didi identicals). I just nodded and backed away!

• I had a guy say to me a few days ago... "Wow, boy/girl twins. That is really rare! Usually it is boy boy or girl girl."
    Uhhhh...

I've gotten this one more than once...
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • RynleighRynleigh member
    edited October 2013
    MrsLee04 said:
    @Rynleigh we can....should it be this thread or start a new one?
    I edited the OP to be more open and less specific so we can pin this one :D
    image  image

image image

Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

edited October 2013
    ks3pink said:
    Apparently my identical twins are maternal. There's maternal and fraternal. At least that's what this older gentlemen at Olive Garden insisted today. @-)
    LMFAO there is no such thing as maternal twins... there are "sororal" twins, which are just girl/girl dizygotic twins.... but most people still just call them fraternal in that situation. 

(I think that person has fraternal confused with paternal.....)
    image  image

image image

• Yesterday at the salon when I said our twins were fraternal the hairdresser gave that lesson to everyone else present. (Usually when people ask I say "probably fraternal," but sometimes I get tired of explaining the whole di/di, fraternal vs identical thing and just say "fraternal.")
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • These are hilarious!
  • I have boy/girl twins and more than one person has said, "but they don't look alike!" or "are they identical?" Ummm...no. Someone yesterday asked me "Are they twins?" I said yes and she said "but he's bigger than her". I guess they can't be twins if one is bigger than the other lol.
  • ks3pink said:
    Apparently my identical twins are maternal. There's maternal and fraternal. At least that's what this older gentlemen at Olive Garden insisted today. @-)
    OMG!!!! I totally got that same comment from a woman at a mall.  I've also recently gotten paternal.  It's really sad how misinformed people are.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • "Oh, a boy and a girl! How do you tell them apart?" Um...it's two girls and they are fraternal! 

I also get, "Which one is the aggressive one?"  People have sick minds about what twins are/should be.
  • Still pregnant here, but for some reason it bothers me when people say 'You look good for having twins!'.... so if it wasn't twins I'd be a lard? I know they mean it as a compliment, I just can't accept it. haha
    I got this all.the.time. Usually the convo started w asking me when I was due. They'd get all bug eyed and asked me if I knew what I was having. When I would say "two boys", this look of relief would come over them after the initial confusion and they'd say, "well you look fantastic!" Right. Bc if there was only one in there, I'm clearly a fat ass. Thanks.
    I got the same thing, my answer was "just two" and the reaction was usually priceless. No one understood how we could wait to find out either. 
    My favorite comment since the girls were born has to be from the wack job at Wal-Mart yesterday:
    Oh twins! Are they girls? 
    Yes (head to toe pink)
    Oh so they are identical! 
    No, fraternal
    Are you sure? (Looking at me like I am an idiot)
    Yes
    Well now your done! But you should have had a boy first.
    I did, he's in the basket in front of us.
    Oh, so then you really are done having kids!
    (I have no idea who this woman was or why she thought I needed to be done, seriously?)
    edited October 2013
    Slightly off topic, between the obnoxious comments at the store this weekend, we happened to run into another set of twins - 10mo old fraternal girls. My loudmouth, Jamie, was standing in the basket of the cart and making noises at the bigger girl, who was doing the same from her cart. The girl looked him dead in the face and let out a playful scream. Poor James... his lip came tumbling out and the tears started rolling and he just cried his little head off. Why o why would she scream at me? hims says. 
    image  image

image image

• I have b/g twins & multiple times people look confused and ask "So, they aren't identical?" @-)
  • AshB62 said:

I posted about this in a separate thread last week, but I think it's worth repeating here.

Some random lady at Target: "I had twins the hard way. A year and two days apart."
    Cause, ya know, we did it the "easy" way.

I've gotten this too. "I had my kids the hard way - one at a time". Thanks, lady.

• A lady once told me "You don't look like a mom of twins!" Um, thanks?
  • AshB62 said:
    A lady once told me "You don't look like a mom of twins!" Um, thanks?
    Hmm... I wonder what a mom of twins is supposed to look like.
    I know right? It's hard to not be offended for somebody with a comment like that....

• AshB62 said:

A lady once told me "You don't look like a mom of twins!" Um, thanks?

Hmm... I wonder what a mom of twins is supposed to look like.

I know right? It's hard to not be offended for somebody with a comment like that....

I get this a lot! "Oh, you have twins? You look great!"
    Huh? I forgot, I'm supposed to look beat down and depressed...I mean, thanks, but with that I feel like you aren't really expecting too much of me.
  • "You didn't waste time having another one.  What are they, a few months apart?" 
    Said from a cashier at Walmart when my duo was around 9 months old.

"You brought your son's friend with you!  How nice."
    Since my twins look nothing alike.

"What do you mean THEY are the twins and not THESE two? 
    Said after people insisted my youngest is the twin to my smaller twin.

"They are twins. They should be around the same size."
    Said their pediatrician recently after realizing there is a 2.5-3 inch and 19 pound height difference between the two boys.

• Cashier: Oh, well you must have been pretty chubby to begin with!

BYTCH!
    image  image

image image

• Random gentleman at a restaurant: Did you have twins on purpose?

Me: I don't understand what you're asking.

RGAR: You know, did you have fertility "help"?

Me: No.... ::slowly backs away::

• AshB62 said:

I posted about this in a separate thread last week, but I think it's worth repeating here.

Some random lady at Target: "I had twins the hard way. A year and two days apart."
    Cause, ya know, we did it the "easy" way.

I've gotten this too. "I had my kids the hard way - one at a time". Thanks, lady.
    I've gotten this before now that I'm pregnant with mine. It made me really angry at first since we've had pregnancy losses - there was nothing easy! On the flip side, I get a lot of "I'll pray for you" too.

My personal favorite is when people ask what kind of babies we're having. I know they're looking for gender, but I tend to respond with human instead.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"