December 2022 Moms
Options

Introductions

Hi everyone! I thought it would be nice for us to have an introduction thread to get to know each other a bit. 

I’m Angela. I’m 34, live in Wisconsin (out in the woods on 40 acres!), and my expected due date is 12/1. This would be my first. My husband and I have been trying for almost a year, and had 2 early losses so I’m pretty nervous. I’m trying not to get too attached yet but also it’s taking up a lot of my thoughts!! I know we’re all early on but here’s hoping we’ve all got sticky healthy pregnancies!

I’m a nurse, transitioning to non-profit advocacy next month. I love to hike, read, write, and travel. 

Re: Introductions

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey there! The wait is so painful. When I was pregnant with my first I was shocked I had to wait so long to even be seen (at 8 weeks and didn’t even get an ultrasound till 10!) This time around I get an US at 8 weeks. We plan to tell close family only then. Until then I try to have it be a special little thing that’s only for me and partner. Once that cat is out of the bag, there’s no undoing it! So if you can, try to focus on this special intimate time you have just knowing between the two of you. Make a game out of hiding it from people if you’re out and about. If you are out where there are drinks, have him secretly drink for you! Lol! 
  • Options
    I’m definitely anxious for the ultrasound but I have bloodwork next week and I think once I see that everyone is good there I’ll calm a bit. Why is your first ultrasound so late? My doctor said my first will be at 7weeks. Maybe you can request to go sooner. What if it was twins or something wrong? I would want to know ASAP!
  • Options
    Yeah I know what you mean. I keep holding my breath when I think about getting test results back. I think once we get our 12 week genetic testing and ultra sound I will breathe a sigh of relief! Still two months away 😭 and  I’m not sure why they make me wait. I know they said it’s easier to get a heartbeat then. So maybe that’s it? Maybe it’s an insurance thing? Regardless, I’m counting down the days! How are you feeling physically? Any nausea yet?
  • Options
    I know, it’s so long to wait. Though I’m sure it’ll fly by! No nausea here but I feel like I’m just waiting for it. Everything is smelling very strongly recently. How about you?
  • Options
    I had bad nausea when I first found out, but I think part of that was due to being in shock 😂 (even though we were trying!) I have nausea off and on, definitely sensitive to smells, and very tired! I think the nausea will start to ramp up around week six 
  • Options
    That’s great advice. I will try to enjoy the time we have together. I’m not sure why it is so late! I will definitely ask at my 8 week appointment. Lately I’ve had some cramps and was super tired and needed a nap. I’m not nauseous now but I’m sure it’s coming! I’m just hoping baby is healthy and in the right spot.
  • Options
    portentosaportentosa member
    edited March 2022
    Hello All! My name is Meghan. I'm 38, in California, and just found out today that I'm pregnant with my 3rd... my husband's first. Our first two children (9 and 7 years old) are from my first marriage and my current husband and I just started trying to conceive this month. I did not expect a BFP first time round and am over the moon excited, but also trying to be cautious. According to fertility friend my due date is December 7th. I have a phone appointment on Monday and will make the in person one then. 

Ultrasounds are at 7 or 8 weeks to be sure they'll be able to pick up a heartbeat. Don't want to freak out moms by not being able to pick one up yet at 5 or 6 weeks. I know this so I wait, but like you all I'm still super anxious/excited to see how things are going.

I'm feeling good... have been temping and logging every symptom this cycle and I had a bout of extreme fatigue when I think egg was implanting. Tender breasts are my biggest symptom at this point. I had horrible morning sickness throughout with both my other kids starting around 8 weeks... not looking forward to that. Other than that.... December due date... such a busy birthday month already, MIL on 12/25, Me on 12/28, and DS on 1/1. Whew!

Other things about me.... I'm a biomedical research scientist. My husband is a stay-at-home dad. We have two pet cats and a colony of Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches... I'm a huge bug nerd. Also a huge book worm and I love to cross-stitch. Working on a giant piece that will take at least a year to do.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here. Anyone else have kids or siblings with a 8-10 year age gap? 
  • Options
    Hi all,
    I live in Rogers AR. I been trying to get pregnant for a year and a half and got my first positive test yesterday. I took 5 since then to be 100% sure. I think I'm still in shook. This will be my first baby so I'm definitely nervous.
  • Options
    @knottie1b05e72ada823d93
    Hi Megan! Nice to meet someone with an older child from a first marriage and having their first with their current husband. I'm in the same boat. :)
    I'm so sorry for your losses. So happy you found a more proactive OB that already is working to make this baby stick. Hoping for a sticky baby for you.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Mana, and I ’ll be 38 in May. I’m married with one 6 year old daughter. I also have a 15 yo bonus daughter and a 13 yo bonus son.  My husband and I have been married10 years and live in NWGA. 

We had a MC at 10 weeks Dec 27th after being dx with COVID on Christmas Eve. Also had a missed MC back in July. 

We have been trying again since my January cycle. I got my BFP at 10 DPO this past Friday. Due date is Dec 9. Both of our other girls are also December babies  😳

Still super early (3w3d), but praying for a sticky baby!

First appointment is April 21st for a 7wk scan. It’s going to take sooo long. It will make the TWW seem like nothing. Lol 
  • Options
    Hi all! I'm Hannah, and from the UK. We're expecting our first baby about December (as far as I can work out 😂), so very early days! Lost a little one early one in October, so nervously excited about this one. X
  • Options
    Hi, y'all! My name is Katie. I live in Central Texas with my husband, our daughter, and two dogs, and I'm 36. Yesterday I got a wave of "can't keep my eyes open" tiredness, which was a big clue, and today I got my positive. It's early -- I'm 3w3d, with an estimated due date of December 10. Feeling excited but nervous -- I've had two miscarriages, and was recently diagnosed with a blood clotting disorder. We definitely didn't expect to get pregnant again so soon after the last miscarriage in early February, and I'm not sure what my treatment plan will entail yet.

I'm a sometimes theatre maker and teacher, and currently a SAHM to our fantastic 16-month-old daughter. She's dancing along to her toy ukulele presently -- oh, never mind, now she's dipping her hairbrush in my coffee.

I love to read, garden, and swim. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and wish y'all the best in your journeys!
  • Options
    msd15msd15 member
    @bunniecee, hi Erin! It’s nice that there are a few of us in the same boat! I’ll be 37 Saturday and my daughter is 11. Feels like starting over again lol
  • Options
    bunnieceebunniecee member
    edited March 2022
    @msd15
    It does feel a little like starting over! I wouldn’t have waited this long if I didn’t have to but I think it will end up working out just fine. Happy early Birthday!
  • Options
    @bunniecee and @msd15

Yay!! I'm so happy to 'meet' you here! I agree with the sentiment that it feels like starting over again.  
  • Options
    @Knottie1442680053 Congratualations! Hoping baby stays sticky.
  • Options
    Hi @kay-oh-dee Nice to meet you! I LOVE the way you told your oldest he was going to be a big brother. I had my second when my oldest was only 1 so he knew there was a baby but it didn't fully hit him until she was born. Now that my two are 9 and 7 I've been looking for a special way to tell them. I love the heartbeat idea. ❤️
  • Options
    Hey everyone! Excited to be here. I’m 34. Estimated due date is December 9. I also have a three year old. So far, the only symptom I’ve noticed is an amazing sense of smell - which was my first symptom last time too.

I’m a stay at home mom to our three year old. Besides that I love cooking, anything outdoors, and crafting! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @kay-oh-dee Just wanted to say my due date is December 6 and my 8 year old daughter’s  birthday is that day! Thought it was crazy that we both have that! Lol 
  • Options
    Hi I’m Emy and I’m 30. Currently pregnant with baby number 6. My due date is December 6, which is one of my other daughter’s birthdays! It was actually her due date and she has been the only one to come on her due date. I’m a SAHM and love it. My youngest just turned two, yesterday (the day I tested 😆), and I’m still nursing her. Any other moms pregnant and nursing?