February 2022 Moms

COVID Vaccination Thread

Re: COVID Vaccination Thread

• @photographerwife ugh. Sorry. 

Yeah the vaccine decreases risk of getting covid, but more significantly decreases risk of getting severe covid, so rx he at least stays mild 
    photographerwife
  • @photographerwife - oh no! That's awful - I'm glad so far he's doing ok and hope it stays that way. It's just crazy - Vaccinated and had covid already too! 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Loading the player...
  • @photographerwife oh no!!! I would be so frustrated. I'm glad he's doing alright so far and I hope you manage to stay clear of it. <3
  • @photographerwife oh no! Hope his case stays mild!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @photographerwife this is the stuff that scares me the most, already vaccinated people that are getting it again. Im assuming mild or no symptoms though? So sorry to hear this.

Im going today to get my first shot! :D 

Pregnancy Ticker
    lexilougoldenbloomer0060chgilmoreMurphie82
  • We just put out a mandatory mask mandate in the offices again, including those with vaccinations. We don't have many people working in the office and we all have our own spaces with doors that can close. I agree with the reason why. We haven't had a large outbreak of Delta in WI but seeing it in other states makes me slightly nervous. Especially since DD1's school put out that it's "optional" for students to wear. We'll ask that she wear hers but she's in Kindergarten...I highly doubt all parents will be pushing it for their kiddos.

angelz429chgilmorealylove11Murphie82
  • @livingoffpbjs yeah, mild mostly. But he was still pretty sick. He ran fever for 2 days and had lots of headaches, head pressure and congestion. He said it was very similar to how he felt the first time minus keeping his smell and taste. 
    ninrmschgilmoreMurphie82
  • angelob88 said:
    Especially since DD1's school put out that it's "optional" for students to wear. We'll ask that she wear hers but she's in Kindergarten...I highly doubt all parents will be pushing it for their kiddos.
    Im so nervous about the school thing too. My kids were home last year but they really need to go back. It's only preschool but its necessary for them.  However I don't think the school is mandating teachers be vaccinated, and no mask requirement. I really am not comfortable with that! I am going to tell them to wear their masks but they're 2 and 4.... :/
    photographerwifechgilmoreMurphie82
  • @Eveinshock my 4yo is only one of 2 kids who consistently wore her mask. Her school enforces it for her because they know my preference 
  • @photographerwife I hope your husband is feeling better, and everyone else in your house stays healthy.  It stinks he's had Covid and has also been vaccinated, and he still got it again.

How is everyone dealing with relatives who haven't been vaccinated? We made the rule that anyone not vaccinated isn't allowed around the boys.  The immediate family on both sides are all vaccinated, except my BIL. So my sister is still invited to everything, but he has been asked not to attend until he is vaccinated (or the boys are vaccinated).  This was fine until DS1's birthday party next weekend. We are having it outdoors at the zoo, and he thinks he should get to come. Honestly, the only reason we're not having it at home is because of the stress on me that comes with it. Everyone is from out of town, so they come for the entire weekend, which means I'm stuck cooking for 10-11 people Friday night - Sunday night. I also have to clean the house and chase kids, and it's just a lot when I spend half my day nauseated. So now I'm curious how everyone else deals with it.
    photographerwifeninrmschgilmoreMurphie82
  • @makingbacon Wow! Yeah, I wouldn’t want to host that many people while pregnant, even if there weren’t a pandemic!

My husband and I unfortunately don’t quite see eye to eye with pandemic risks anymore, and that’s been hard. Until this week we’d enforced a “no vaccine no seeing our kid indoors” policy (but would socialize outside). Well, my MIL drove across the country to visit us for the first time ever (haven’t seen her since our wedding 5 years ago) and meet our 1.5 year old son. She isn’t vaccinated, which I didn’t find out until she was on her way here, but her husband is. I’m pissed. My husband keeps citing data and research that shows that the risks to children (especially as young as our son) are so minor it’s not worth restricting ourselves like that anymore. (His job largely revolves around being able to analyze and parse data and research/studies, and he knows how to find reputable sources.) I’m still nervous as hell.

All that to say—I don’t have any good advice, unfortunately.
  • @ninrms That is really hard, especially finding out after her trip already started. I hope the visit goes well. With everyone having to travel to us to visit, we made the vaccination rule for inside and outside visits. He tried to make the argument that I travel for work, and I take DS1 with me sometimes when I travel for work. I can’t quit my job, and I really only take him with me when we’re close to grandparents’ houses, so he stays with them. 
  • @makingbacon - we have my sisters small outdoor baby shower this weekend and said if you aren't vaccinated out of choice, please do not attend. They weren't happy about it but, their choice not getting vaccinated. We are seeing more and more that those who choose not to, are being limited. Ontario has a position of not treating the two groups differently but Quebec just came out that they will be doing vaccine passports and mandatory vaccine for schools (within the age range) - they are always the test group for opening/rules so I'm sure everyone where will be watching to see how that goes.
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

angelz429Murphie82
  •   This was fine until DS1's birthday party next weekend. We are having it outdoors at the zoo, and he thinks he should get to come. 
    Fortunately I have no unvaccinated relatives. And my kids really don't go anywhere.  I did take them to an outdoor party recently where I know the host is unvaccinated (and pregnant), I just thought the risk was really minimal to the kids at the time and I knew they would just be so so happy.  Not saying I didn't hesitate though.  I feel like I would probably let the BIL come as long as he wore a mask?  But I could totally see your point if you didn't bc, on principle, I feel like I just don't want to associate with them.  :D

ninrms said:

She isn’t vaccinated, which I didn’t find out until she was on her way here, but her husband is. I’m pissed. My husband keeps citing data and research that shows that the risks to children (especially as young as our son) are so minor it’s not worth restricting ourselves like that anymore. (His job largely revolves around being able to analyze and parse data and research/studies, and he knows how to find reputable sources.) I’m still nervous as hell.

Ok what about HER though?!  I would have my husband analyze his mother's risk.  She needs to wear an N95 mask at all times since it sounds like it's too late at this point. I know people who have killed their grandparents bringing this illness home. I know someone who killed her 56 year old father with this!  AFTER the vaccines! He didn't feel he needed the vaccine bc he worked from home and didn't go anywhere.   :(
    chgilmoreangelz429Murphie82
  • @livingoffpbjs I got mine today too!! So far only a sore arm. It is a great relief also...
    JWatt5chgilmorelivingoffpbjsMurphie82
  • @photographerwife that's such a relief! pregnancy congestion, what a frustrating symptom right now lol. so glad you're in the clear!!
    photographerwifeMurphie82
  • @angelz429 Thanks for the info! How are you feeling angel?

Poor women. Wish they would have been vaccinated. :(
    angelz429
  • @lexilougolden luckily just like a bad headcold, but I can tell I’m on the upswing of the headcold. Still stuffy and runny nose. Sinus pressure. Headache. Fatigue. 

I do get winded Very easily. 
    chgilmorealylove11photographerwifeMurphie82
  • @angelz429 I'm glad you're on the upswing!  Hope you continue to heal and quickly. <3
    angelz429JWatt5Murphie82
  • @bloomer0060 I got mine today too! Around 1:30 so it’s only been 3 hours and I feel fine so far. How are you doing? I’m planning on wfh tomorrow whether I feel fine or crappy lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
    ninrmslexilougoldenchgilmoremakingbacon
  • @bloomer0060 @livingoffpbjs - I can get my second in a couple days. I’m a bit nervous but also excited. I’m getting the Pfizer vaccine. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

chgilmoremakingbaconninrms
  • @livingoffpbjs I have a sore arm that started a few hours after the shot, which was 10 AM. That's all I had last time and so far that's it! Not sure if other symptoms are a little delayed for some?

@JWatt5 I was just ready to get it done! I hope you don't have any side effects, or at least mild ones! I also had Pfizer.

I felt I needed a treat though and bought a milkshake lol
    JWatt5
  • Update: headache is pretty bad today, still worth it
    Pregnancy Ticker
    JWatt5bloomer0060
  • @livingoffpbjs @bloomer0060 So glad you guys have had mild reactions and are now vaccinated! Congrats! Totally milk it for what you can. Milkshakes, relaxation, late night fast food, etc. ;)
    bloomer0060chgilmorekaf1788modoodles
  • @livingoffpbjs sorry you have a headache, but I agree it is worth it!

I still just have the sore arm, so not too bad. But maybe I should tell my husband it's worse to milk it too lol

@lexilougolden yes!!!!
    lexilougoldenchgilmorekaf1788modoodles
  • So MH and I are contemplating visiting some family in Montana over Labor Day. However, none of the 5 are vaccinated. We would be staying in a cabin (not with them) but I'm not sure if the risk is worth it.  MH and I are vaccinated. We could stay away for the most part, staying outside--seeing their farm/homestead--etc. I think it would be hard not to hug my niece and nephews though. I know it's a personal choice but I was curious if anyone else has visited or has been around many unvaccinated people.
    chgilmore
  • @lexilougolden it's definitely a personal choice regarding level of risk. when delta started ramping up, MH and I had to have a conversation about our shared risk and my being high risk now. we decided on no indoors interactions with unvaccinated people (possible because of many bars/restaurants/events in our area requiring proof of vaccination for entry) and only seeing unvaccinated people outdoors, 6 feet apart or masked. we determined that the risk of getting covid and possibly developing severe side effects was not worth trying to assuage potential hurt feelings of our friends/family. that said, we are also lucky that nearly all of our family is vaccinated and the same goes for most of our friends.
    lexilougolden
  • @lexilougolden I agree with @chgilmore that it’s a personal choice. Because of my job, I’m in close contact with unvaccinated people weekly, but we don’t currently allow unvaccinated people in our house or allow unvaccinated people to interact with the boys. The rule is starting to make my sister/BIL mad because I do travel for work (sister is vaccinated, BIL is not), but not traveling isn’t an option. Would the people you’d visit be willing to quarantine prior to your arrival?
    chgilmoremodoodles
  • @makingbacon makes a good point about willingness to quarantine! I'd also add willingness to get tested as well
    modoodles
  • @makingbacon @chgilmore Thanks for your thoughts! We decided not to go. I already have the sniffles which is probably from all the smoke in our air. Their kids are all in school so they wouldn't be able to quarantine them.  I think we'll just spend a long weekend getting lots of stuff organized so we can make the big room switch (7 year old to basement) room so we can eventually start setting up the nursery.
    chgilmoreninrms