February 2022 Moms

COVID Vaccination Thread

Re: COVID Vaccination Thread

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mgmac

It’s none of her business, and she was completely overstepping. How unprofessional! I posted earlier in this post how I had a horrible second shot reaction and would not do it during pregnancy if I had the option, but I’m not going to go out of my way to tell people my opinion and treat them like they’re uneducated. The absolute most this pharmacist should have said was “Have you consulted with your doctor?”
  • so that just happened gifs  WiffleGif
    Aww Alexis Rose GIF by Schitt39s Creek - Find amp Share on GIPHY

*TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @zuuls_mom LOL, oh hey stalker 😂

I have friends on FB discussing this today! 
  • @modoodles same here!! 😂
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Who is the deleted user?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @livingoffpbjs I think businesswife? Not sure though, as I'm new to TB and how it works. If you try and click on her name above, it says her account has been deleted.
  • modoodlesmodoodles member
    edited July 2021
    @livingoffpbjs it looks like businesswife deleted. 

Edit: the hope amongst my friends is that she did not suffer a loss or anything like that, that this was just a dramatic gbcb. 
  • oh, I swear I  saw her posting today but maybe she deleted after that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @modoodles yes, good point. Regardless of my thoughts on her, I truly hope her pregnancy is going well. 

Also, sorry for crashing this group. I promise I will go back to being a friendly lurker! <3
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• ahhhh you guys are right, all her posts now say deleted user

Its ok Zuuls, it looks like the post where things blew up with you guys she had a lot of the same "lines", after I read that post I was like Whooaaaaa

But also, hope her pregnancy goes well and she has a happy healthy baby. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes, best wishes to her and her baby!
  • MH and I are were thinking of doing a honeymoon/babymoon in October (Hawaii or Mexico). We're both really nervous about the Delta variant though. I've been trying to read up on how effective the Moderna shot (that's what I received prior to pregnancy) is in preventing against those strains. Or specifically... how protected the baby is. Anyone run across articles about this?
  • @lexilougolden I haven’t come across any studies for Moderna yet, which is the vaccine type I got, too. I follow a doctor on Facebook called Your Local Epidemiologist. She breaks everything down really well with graphs and explanations that I actually understand. She would be a good resource to reach out to if you can’t find anything. 
  • @lexilougolden - we’re being told after being double vaxed we are fairly protected from the Delta with Moderna or Pfizer and if we did contract it we should have few/less worse symptoms. But I don’t know about baby. 

My sister is a travel agent and has been advising not to book a trip unless you can get refunded Sept/Oct because they are estimating a spike with kiddos going back to school. Canada handles Covid a bit differently though - we get locked down pretty quick. We’re not even out of stage 3 of reopening in Ontario yet 😩
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• I talked to my doctor about it today and she said if you're vaxxed, you've got to live your life. She's going with her family (kids too young to be vaccinated) to Ohio for a vacation. She said as long as we stay outdoors (eating, activities) she thinks it's okay. We'll see though... I'm guessing that first pregnant women who were vaccinated late last year are now having babies. I wonder if there will be testing to check their baby's immunity. That's something I'd sign up for!

@JWatt5 I have a good friend from Canada that can't make it to my wedding because of the border restrictions (which I get--but is still sad).
  • @lexilougolden We booked a babymoon for December to Florida (already not ideal, both timing and location. But we wanted to see my BFF after she has her baby in November) but we did pay extra so that everything is refundable. If things are looking as bad as they could be I'll probably end up cancelling just because I feel like it will stress me out more than relax me which defeats the whole purpose.
  • @lexilougolden A friend of mine is actually the doctor who published this, and the case study is his wife. She got the vaccine while pregnant and they detected antibodies in the cord blood once she delivered. I’m not sure how long baby is protected though. I’ve also read somewhere (and unfortunately can’t remember where) that a small study did find antibodies in breastmilk shortly after women were vaccinated—but again, that might have worn off after a certain period.

https://bmcpediatr.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12887-021-02618-y?fbclid=IwAR1NmnZNsY5W4u2_1L4aBfL9bLHpRIc8WtnKM55PK9AOZ5_qXkgBxUlkY4E
  • @angelz429 I'm with you. we're starting to hunker down over here in Seattle, even with our vaccination rate being as high as it is. I am relieved that more businesses are requiring proof of vaccination to enter; it feels a lot safer to go out, but I will probably still keep my mask on inside anyways. MH and I had to have the talk about what could happen if I got COVID while pregnant and decided that we really need to be careful, like we were in the beginning.
  • @chgilmore How do people react to having to show vaccination proof? I can imagine the uproar in my area if that becomes a requirement. DH and I have started having those discussions again. It’s hard because the boys are too young to be vaccinated, and I travel for my job for customer visits. So we are hoping and praying I don’t catch and/or the boys don’t catch it. I’m fully vaccinated so hopefully it gives some protection against it. 
  • @makingbacon it's Seattle and very progressive/left leaning, so for the most part people are actually very excited about having this requirement; something like 80% of the eligible population of our county/city is vaccinated so it keeps those of us who are vaccinated that much safer. of course nothing is 100% but being around fully vaccinated people is definitely a lot safer than co-mingling with unvaccinated folks. that sounds really hard though with the travel, are there any accommodations you can request because of being pregnant and because you're trying to protect vulnerable kiddos at home?
  • @effie0513 we are planning to go to FL over Thanksgiving and hoping things will get better by then too. 

I think my county is between 43-46% vaccinated the last time I checked. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Floridian here

it’s a hot mess. 

Orlando hospital beds are full of out of towners (and I mean FULL. No beds left)

our governor likes to pretend covid isn’t happening. 
  • @angelz429 ooof yeah, my family is from FL and my mom works in a hospital in Tampa (not patient care), she said that they were all told to work from home until further notice. my stepsister (due at the same time we all are) has refused vaccination since day one and she also works in a hospital and doesn't like masks. I worry about basically anyone south of the mason-dixon.
  • Oof. I work at a hospital in Tampa and was told we only have 4 non-covid beds left. We’re 3 days into august have have more positive cases for august than all of June
  • @angelz429 Ugh, that's insane, but yet I'm not surprised since it's clear people don't take it seriously here. 

@JWatt5 I'm getting my first shot this Thursday! How are you feeling?? I'm nervous about how my reaction will be....
  • @bloomer0060 - No issues other than a sore arm for a day! I was nervous but now I feel almost relieved. 25 more days until shot two! 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @photographerwife I'm so sorry. I've been hearing so many of these stories lately  :s. How is he feeling?
  • @photographerwife Noooo! I'm so sorry! Fx that no one else gets it! Eff Covid.