August 2021 Moms
Options

Questions thread

Re: Questions thread

• Options
    @obsessedwithoranges I’m so excited for you!!  
  • Options
    @ladyk127 make sure you research tether spots in the third and second rows. My friend just bought a new car and the third row doesn’t have tethers for the top strap so she can only put her big kids in the second row and her baby in the third row.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @the_most_happy @hannelorre @BourbonBiscuits thanks for the input! I’ve been nervous bc my mom had a pretty intense reaction to just the first shot, but she’s also previously had covid and I’ve heard that can make the experience worse. Either way, I’m excited to get it and glad to hear that you got through both without any pain meds @hannelorre
  • Options
    @obsessedwithoranges yes MH had covid in March and the first shot was actually worse than second shot for him. Very tired and achy (no fever or anything else). He actually did fine with 2nd shot. 
  • Options
    @the_most_happy Everyone I know that has gotten it (4 close friends and a family member), felt worse after the first and said the second one was a breeze so you could be in luck if you were fine after the first one!!

@claireloSC That's interesting.  Good to know!  Thank you, not sure I would have looked at that.

• Options
    @ladyk127 I really hope so! I know a few people who were completely out of commission for a couple days after the second shot, so that is freaking me out a little. My H gets his second shot tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes... though I guess the main takeaway is one person's experience isn't indicative of how it'll go for someone else.
  • Options
    Who has seen a pelvic floor physio? 
    What can I expect?! I made an appointment for tomorrow to hopefully get some help so I can walk again without pain. 
  • Options
    @grogu No idea if my experience is typical, but saw one about 5 years ago a few times and she did do some digital manipulation as well as having me doing breathing/stretching exercises. Sort of felt like a hippie gynecologist appointment.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    Question about telling your boss: I am quite close with my boss and I've been in my role for 8 years (although I have been on two maternity leaves in that time). In the past I've just told her in-person around 8 weeks by popping into her office. But since we are working from home, I can't really do that! Is sending an email appropriate? We don't typically phone each other and scheduling a Zoom meeting seems like an extra and awkward step? If you've told your boss already, how did you do it? I'm now 12w5d and was waiting for the u/s on the weekend before I felt comfortable telling her this time. 
    TW loss

She knows about my miscarriage in October and at that time she said that she was hopeful we would be able to grow our family and that now she was prepared/expecting another maternity leave. So it's not entirely out of the blue, but I still am really anxious about telling her.

• Options
    @pickle-chips do you have other calls/meetings with her? You could just ask her to stay on the line after the meeting for a few minutes. Or if you have access to her calendar you can maybe sleuth out a good time for an unscheduled call. I agree a scheduled zoom call might feel awkward. But I also think hearing the excitement in her response would be a nice treat so perhaps an email might be a little anticlimactic.
  • Options
    @the_most_happy How did your husband do after the second shot?  Did you get yours?  Hopefully it all went well if so!

• Options
    @ladyk127 H did totally fine with his second shot, he was a bit sleepier than usual but other than that no symptoms! I got my first but still waiting on the second... my constitution isn't as tough as his in general, so I'm preparing for it to be a bit worse than what he described, haha.
  • Options
    @pickle-chips I told my boss on our weekly one on one meeting. I think an email is not ideal, agree that staying on after another meeting or something like that would be easy. I don't think a scheduled call is that weird, at least at my company we make meetings with each other any time we want to chat about stuff. Sounds like she will know why if you schedule it, just think it's best to do more face to face if at all possible.
  • Options
    @pickle-chips
    I also told my boss on our weekly call. It's not weird for us to IM each other randomly and say "do you have a second to chat?". Can you simply do that? I wouldn't email but I also don't think scheduling an official meeting is necessary. I've also known my boss for about a decade. 

imageimage

• Options
    Does anyone else have a sensitivity to deodorant since getting pregnant?
    I normally use Degree or Secret solid stick but I’ve been having rashes, burning and itching. Thought I’d try Schmidt’s and my underarms were on fire and it hurt to wash it off. My mom recommended goat milk deodorant and said she’d send me some that a local woman makes and sells (she has a business out of her home). I wasn’t too smelly but I noticed the past couple of days I do have an odor and I don’t know what to do besides frequently washing under my arms but even then sometimes I feel like there’s a lingering bo.
  • Options
    Is anyone else starting to have Braxton Hicks contractions yet?!
    Seems super early this time around for me. 

• Options
    @fitmomma1989 I remember reading that they actually start at about 6 weeks, but typically aren’t felt until second or third trimester. So it’s not too soon!

I haven’t felt any yet this pregnancy, but I definitely felt them earlier in my second pregnancy than my first. I think partly because I knew what they felt like? Drinking lots of water and emptying my bladder often seemed to help though.
  • Options
    @fitmomma1989 - I know in my last pregnancy I started feeling them around 16wks with my twins. I am now 13wks and only feel them right now if I ummm....orgasm...lol. I am sure they will start up soon though.  
    Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)
  • Options
    @fitmomma1989 I got them starting at 15 weeks last time (for #2). I get them if i work out or if i have sex without a condom (which i no longer do while pregnant because it creates problems for me)
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! It was much later for me with both of my previous pregnancies. I called my Dr.’s office this morning to double check and the nurse told me it didn’t happen until much later & that it’s probably just pains from my uterus stretching 🤦🏻‍♀️ I have been pregnant before- so I know what BH feel like. I knew it wasn’t just my uterus “stretching. Glad it’s normal :) 
  • Options
    @fitmomma1989 I have been feeling them as well and asked my sister and google, both said normal. At my appointment last week my nurse said same thing to me that yours did. Which then had me worried because then the doctor didn’t address it but I forgot to bring it up. So I’ve just been trying to relax and drink more water whenever I feel them. I’ve also had previous pregnancies but do not remember them this early, so strange to me. 
  • Options
    @fitmomma1989 I started having them around 13 weeks this time around. With my son, they started later in the second trimester. The theme of this pregnancy seems to be "everything I experienced last time, just 6 weeks earlier."  :|
  • Options
    alexa_94alexa_94 member
    edited March 2021
    Anyone receive natera NIPT test in the mail?!😳 I was not I formed it would be mailed to me and that I have to set up an appointment through Natera🤦🏻‍♀️ It would have been nice to know because when I opened the package and the box it says to keep refrigerated. It’s 62F outside and I don’t know how long it’s been at my door since no one knocked or rang my bell.
    don’t mind my dishwasher open my husband was grabbing a dish from there.

• Options
    @alexa_94
    I didn't do this, but this is what my doc was going to have me do - they come to your house to get the blood I think. I believe if you call you will get all the info.
  • Options
    @claireloSC okay that’s good to know, and I do remember your scenario. The geneticist who called to inform me didn’t mention this. She did say they would send out a mobile phlebotomist but I definitely did not expect a lot in the mail and to make my own appointment. 
  • Options
    Yeah, not very good communication or service @alex_94 :|
  • Options
    Is maternity underwear worth it? I need to buy new undies anyway and am wondering if I should go the maternity route.
  • Options
    @the_most_happy I can't speak to maternity undies during pregnancy however my friends bought me csection underwear after I had my son and they were LIFE. I now buy them for all my friends that have csections. Doesn't really answer your question, but since we are on the underwear topic, I thought I'd chime in. :)

• Options
    @the_most_happy I've never bought any during pregnancy. 
  • Options
    I keep having a tightening/sharp pain horizontally across the top of my belly. That's braxton hicks, right? I never really had them with DD who never wanted to come out!
  • Options
    @the_most_happy i bought maternity underwear for my second because i had to have bum coverage for my support band things and essentially only wear thongs. they were super comfortable for pregnancy and a few months PP. then i went back to my usual. i had a few pairs that i just sized up that worked ok, too. 

@claireloSC my BH just feel like tightening early on, not painful
  • Options
    My Braxton Hicks didn’t hurt. My belly just got really hard from the contraction. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @claireloSC those sound like BH, I’ve been having them as well and brought it up because I thought it was early. I guess it’s normal but I didn’t feel them this early with DD1 & DD2.
  • Options
    Is maternity underwear worth it? I need to buy new undies anyway and am wondering if I should go the maternity route.
    I bought some off of Amazon (Mama Cotton was the brand) and I love them so far! I didn’t feel the need for them with my first but this time I kept having issues with my normal ones sliding down or just plain feeling weird so I took the plunge. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I feel like mine might hurt since I had hernia surgery twice, so scar tissue and stuff. But not sure. I'll ask my dr but in my experience during pregnancy any pain that isn't labor they're like "meh". Thanks for the responses!
  • Options
    @claireloSC sounds like BH to me. I had them starting around 20 weeks and they were painful- not doubled over pain, but would make me really uncomfortable. My doc recommended a magnesium supplement and (shocker) lots of water. Both seemed to help. This supplement specifically was recommended and worked great for me. You can buy it at Whole Foods/Amazon or a supplement store.

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Vitality-Anti-Stress-Supplement-Raspberry/dp/B00BPUY3W0/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAs5eCBhCBARIsAEhk4r50F54bPbYi-MPd-Pm2OhoMTW9_zmQSHFjJUBBef4L2yKsa6W5eNgwaAo_gEALw_wcB&hvadid=153669231012&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9025161&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=9612401698558755034&hvtargid=kwd-3697004246&hydadcr=21191_9334083&keywords=calm+supplement&qid=1615224697&sr=8-5
  • Options
    Thank you so much @surrenderdorothy!
  • Options
    @claireloSC the scar could be causing pain as well along with BH. My sisters c-section scar was hurting during her last pregnancy but the doctor wasn’t concerned. The Bh probably doesn’t help make it feel any better.