August 2021 Moms
Options

Questions thread

Re: Questions thread

• Options
    @rgn12 I am so so sorry you’re experiencing this. With my chemical in October, I still had hcg in my system a week after bleeding stopped. Like @Kenneylynn3 I would push for betas. 
  • Options
    @rgn12 definitely push for an ultrasound or betas. My hpt was still very positive for two weeks after my MMC. 
    Thinking of you and sending hugs ❤️❤️❤️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @thereisalight and @baby_yoda1986 thank you so much! I may call them in a bit and push for betas. Apparently LabCorp will also do this without a physician order (Pixel by LabCorp), so that’s an option too! Thanks again everyone! 
  • Options
    Nothing to add, @rgn12. Just wanted to say I’m so sorry. ❤️
  • Options
    @cyanope thank you!
  • Options
    @rgn12 I hope everything works out
    FX for you!
  • Options
  • Options
    @rgn12 I’m so so sorry :heart:  **TW 
    With my chemical the line started getting lighter as soon as the bleeding started and was completely gone within 2-3 days. With both MCs the line didn’t start fading until after the bleeding stopped. I don’t know how long I actually would have seen a line because I couldn’t mentally handle testing anymore so I just quit. 

• Options
    @rgn12 hoping it turns out ok. So sorry you're dealing with this worry. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    Thank you @jynjer3 and @claireloSC ❤️
  • Options
    @rgn12 thinking of you. Please update when you can. 
  • Options
    @rgn12 thinking of you as well and sending virtual hugs. Keep us posted.
  • Options
    Thank you @surrenderdorothy and @obsessedwithoranges ❤️ 

I will definitely update once I get more information!
  • Options
    @rgn12 I’m so sorry!  Sending you all the thoughts!!  And crossing everything that everything is okay!

I would call again in the morning and let them know that you want an appointment.  One thing I’ve learned is to be my own advocate.  If you’d feel better being seen, tell them that is what you want.  I always told them it’s what’s best for my mental health.  
  • Options
    @rgn12 sorry to hear that.

TW: 

When I had a chemical pregnancy around 4.5 weeks I had bleeding and the pregnancy test lines got lighter and then nonexistent within two days. My OB had me come in on day two of bleeding to confirm, my HCG was down to 6 from the beta, so it was official. 

I hope that isn't the case for you, take care of yourself. 
  • Options
    @rng12 I am so sorry. I hope you can get in today for answers. 💕💕 sending strength and good thoughts your way
  • Options
    @rgn12 Thinking of you mama ❤
  • Options
    @rgn12 Sorry you're going through that.  It's a crappy club to belong to, but there are plenty of us in it with you!  Hope to see you on another BMB soon!!

• Options
    @rgn12 so sorry to hear. ☹️
  • Options
    So my doctor's office just called. I had betas drawn and progesterone levels checked last week and was getting results. They want me to get weekly progesterone injections because they said it was low (9.9ng/mL). I'm curious if anyone else has done this before?
  • Options
    @rgn12 I am so so sorry <3
  • Options
    @gingermama29 I’m on progesterone as well, for the whole first trimester at least. I’m on the suppository though, not the shot.
  • Options
    @gingermama29 I was on the suppositories from week 7 to 12 with my last. I imagine the shots will be more pleasant!
  • Options
    As a person doing the shots daily (I did IVF since it's my wife's egg) I've head the shots are better than the suppositories. I chose the shots because with the suppositories I would have had to do them multiple times a day whereas the shot is just once per day. I will say the shots are painful. My poor butt hurts. Never do a shot in your leg, much more painful. Warm up the oil first with a heating pad, then apply the heating pad for about 10 minutes afterwards to the injection site. Some light massage for the first minute helps as well. You get used to it but it's definitely not pleasant. I am finally weaning off mine, going to be off in about another week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    @claireloSC good to know! I'll be getting weekly shots at least through week 16. I got my first tonight.
  • Options
    I just realized I’m going to turn 35 5 days before my due date.  Is that going to matter? What happens differently?  Will they let me go past my due date? My 2nd was 8 days late and I don’t want to be induced like I was with my first.  
  • Options
    @Clobert This isn’t an answer, but I’ll be 35 by the due date. I didn’t expect anything to be different. Advocate for yourself, no matter what! I would expect your OB or Midwife to look at health of you and baby more than general age. My understanding is that the only difference is the option of more testing or monitoring during the pregnancy. I’m sure others have more in detail answers because there are plenty of over 30s! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone else 35 or older? I wasn't last time so I'm curious what a "geriatric" pregnancy might mean in terms of monitoring or other stuff. Do they count it as high risk just for being over 35?
    I am 41 currently and will be a few weeks from 42 when I deliver. I had my son at 39. I had lots of extra monitoring but I don't think that was because of my age. I have hypothyroidism and chronic hypertension. I also developed GD with him (I am staying really healthy this time to try to avoid it.) I was told you are more likely to develop it the older you are. I also contracted Sixth Disease which I had to have extra monitoring for that too.
    I had one at 38, one at 39, and I am and will be 42 with this one. I also have hypothyroidism and insulin resistance. I did have more testing, more was covered by insurance, and monthly labs for the thyroid, but really nothing too "extra."  My sister and SIL both had GD with half of their pregnancies and they had a lot more monitoring at the end than I did. Stress tests etc. 

I'm also really trying to watch what I eat, no sugar, "white" stuff, bc I am higher risk for GD.  I always ate low carb until I got pregnant with #1 and since then I have basically been eating everything and gained a ton of weight. I was lucky to not get GD before, I don't think I will be so lucky again so taking every precaution.
  • Options
    @Clobert nothing will change as long as you and baby are healthy.  They will most likely treat you like any other healthy pregnancy. 
  • Options
    I think this is one of those things that has been debunked, but do y’all get your hair colored when pregnant? I think I did once with my last pregnancy, but mines starting to look a hot mess already. I do bayalage so I normally only get it done 2-3 times a year! #lazy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @emmylou78 yes you can get your hair colored.  Make sure its well ventilated 😁 💁🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    I'm a third grade teacher, but we are hybrid with only 2-5 students in person and the rest online. I'm anxious, but I think I am in the best situation I could possibly be in. My admin and team are extremely supportive. I do wish I could work from home, but it's not an option. Just kind of praying hard and taking my anxiety meds. Staying as calm as I can! 
  • Options
    TW:

Ok, is anyone else here struggling with anxiety due to a history of loss? I've only had one MC, but it was at 15 weeks and extremely traumatic. I had to deliver him. :( We did get to hold him and the hospital was incredible, but it was horrible and I've never been the same since. I got pregnant again right after that loss and now have my healthy three year old. I thought this pregnancy would be better, but I'm TERRIFIED all the time. I've taken an embarrassing amount of pregnancy tests, analyze every single symptom, and am having nightmares about my first ultrasound on the 12th. I was this bad with my daughter's pregnancy, and I was even afraid to try for another baby because I was so petrified during the pregnancy. The only pregnancy I've ever enjoyed was our son's before we lost him. I feel like the experience ruined pregnancy for me. I know there's nothing anyone can say to make it better, just want to feel like I'm not crazy. Anyone else?
  • Options
    @sparks31211 I’m so sorry about the loss of your son. There are quite a few of us on here with past losses. You should hop over to the PGAL thread on here, it’s a very supportive group. Many of us are struggling with similar fears, concerns, and behaviors. I hope this is a very uneventful pregnancy for you <3
  • Options
    @sparks31211 I totally feel the same as you with the teaching anxiety. We're 100% in person in my district and I teach elementary music so I'm exposed to 100s of students every day. We all wear masks at all times but my anxiety has been insane. I'm so grateful my OB said I was safe to continue taking my anxiety meds during pregnancy.
  • Options
    @sparks31211 I'm sorry to hear about both of those things. Seems like a difficult situations. I'm in medical field and see patients in person so obviously some risks, though I don't take care of known covid patients. What's your situation with protective equipment at work? Our current recommendation at work is surgical mask and eye protection (face shields or goggles) if adding an extra layer of protection with face shields may ease your concern? Vaccination if possible (and desired, of course)
  • Options
    Does anyone have one of the cordless breast pumps? We had a ton of FSA money to use and I bought an Elvie pump on a friend’s recommendation. It looks like Elvie and Willow are the two big brands. I usually do research on these things but due to the ‘use it or lose it’ nature of these funds I just purchased. I absolutely loathed pumping- it took all the intimacy and convenience of breastfeeding out of the equation but I really have no choice so I need something that allows me to be more mobile. 

I used a Madela pump with my first pregnancy and it was fine. I’ll probably get a Spectra through my insurance this time around because I heard good things. 
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy I don't have personal experience but people say Elvie is gentler and quieter.

I did have spectra last time and loved it (as much as one can love a pump...). Didn't hurt and emptied me quickly so I wasn't stuck on it forever. Couldn't ask for much more than that. 
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy I haven’t used either but a couple from my first BMB had one or the other and they seemed to like them.  
    I’m with you though, I hated pumping!  I used the Haaka a lot though.